[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Time-Travel was real, how do you think we could achieve it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

File: 1499853082275.jpg (114KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1499853082275.jpg
114KB, 960x960px
If Time-Travel was real, how do you think we could achieve it? I know going faster than light is "a way to do it" but when I say Time-Travel I mean where you can go forward and/or backward through time. I know nobody here is a scientist (me included) so I'm not expecting real science, but let me hear what ya got
>>
>>19292520
to freely move throughout time, you would need a vehicle (loose term) that existed outside of spacetime. basically, something that exists outside of existence. but that's just my boring scifi/metaphysics take on it
>>
>>19292520

reel the clock backwards
:0000000000
>>
File: IMG_9462.jpg (51KB, 602x440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9462.jpg
51KB, 602x440px
>>19292520
The biggest obstacle is what is refraction of time.
>>
>>19292520
I think you can't go back further in time than the moment you invented time travel because in that time you had no such ability/knowledge to do what you will. Which is a problem because the only other option left is to go forward into the future. Why that's a problem is because since you've never time traveled before, you don't know what's there in the future to travel to. You would need to be able to predict the future to travel into it, but to be able to predict the future, you need to have seen it.

Without observing time as a seperate entity you can't insert yourself anywhere since you have no frame of reference, and to be able to observe time as a seperate entity you must've been able to escaped it.

We're stuck experiencing the third dimension and there is nothing to gain trying to discover a way around it for us. The paradox itself proves so, desu,
>>
Wormholes.

They are commonly known as a way to get from one point in space to another without traveling the space between. But instead of traveling to another point in space, you travel to more or less the same point but in a different time. As I understand it time and space are tightly connected.

At least that's my laymans idea of how it could be possible
>>
>>19292566
something like a merkabah?
>>
>>19292520
The method to conquering time will be twofold:

1) conquer consciousness -- create a device that can put consciousness into other "virtual" realities. this is almost certainly possible without a device, but for some reason we're in a timeline where we need to create this device to unlock the 4D again. (creating a kind of dimensional knot).
2) conquer information. discover the underlying patterns that create memes, history, behaviour,etc . A few simple fractal type rules.
3) load in current reality and what we know of history, then start playing it backwards.

This will also create a wormhole, and require computronium in which parts move faster than light.
>>
>>19292520
If we're all just in a simulation, eventually enough of us will become aware so as to eventually manipulate it and enter different timelines.
>>
>>19293388
it's not like that
wormhole is an hypothetical method of teleportation. you depart and arrive at another location on the other side of the 'hole' instantly or at least in a fraction of the time it would have taken for a beam of light to travel it.
you skip the space between your current location and the destination, so that almost no time passes when you arrive. you skip the distance and the time.
>>
>>19292520

Understand that time is just a dimension of your perception, and you begin to unwind the nature of the structure of it.
>>
File: 1499901902882.jpg (24KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1499901902882.jpg
24KB, 600x600px
>>19292809
Interesting take, anon.
>>
>>19293498
thanks
>>
>>19293479
It's all hypothetical so it's not like either one of us can tell if we are correct until we determine if wormholes are even possible. I'm just saying since time and space are so closely bound, what's to stop a wormhole leading to a different point in time as well as space?

I swear I thought I saw a documentary once that lightly touched on this but I can't remember where
>>
>>19293560
I don't think this is about being wrong or right I just felt you were mistaken on the concept. Wormholes don't send you to another time necessarily which is what you seemed to claim. Primarily they are a method to prevent time from passing in order to travel fast, which quite contrary to what you said. A "hole" is at point A and point B which is essentially the same hole but at different locations. It's a portal that is connected via a wormhole. This is an imaginary tunnel that is basically a total void that projects you across a great distance instantly.
>>
File: [Pyramid].jpg (124KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
[Pyramid].jpg
124KB, 1024x819px
>>19292520

Time is Energy, so inorder to Time Travel you must create energy ripples to go in/out of. Time Travel operations are part of BBP's(Black Budget Programs).

[Did threads on these subjects: http://archive.4plebs.org/_/search/subject/knowledge%20bomb/username/anonymous5/tripcode/%21%219O2tecpDHQ6/]

You can't Time Travel to the Future(because it doesn't exist yet), but you can Time Travel to the Past. Any changes you make in the Past creates new Timelines, this means you cannot return to the Timeline you left once things get/are changed.
>>
File: x.gif (2KB, 273x226px) Image search: [Google]
x.gif
2KB, 273x226px
Seek not to Chronos but to Aion.
>>
>>19294337
nobody likes your picture
>>
File: tumblr_mj0vvcqnZx1qdlh1io1_400.gif (2MB, 400x354px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mj0vvcqnZx1qdlh1io1_400.gif
2MB, 400x354px
>>19292520
A lot of people completely leave out one very important point about time travel: Our sun, It's a huge circle, and the speed with which the Sun has to move is an astounding 483,000 miles per hour (792,000 km/hr). The Earth, anchored to the Sun by gravity, follows along at the same speed. So if we're going back in time, our machine would have know and pinpoint the exact location in time where our planet once was.
Good luck with that.
>>
>>19294478
>So if we're going back in time, our machine would have know and pinpoint the exact location in time where our planet once was
Or you could just program the machine's astronomical calculations such that the Earth is considered stationary and everything in the universe moves relative to the fixed point of Earth. I don't know why people can't seem to understand frame-of-reference.

And that gif is atrociously wrong.
http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2013/03/04/vortex_motion_viral_video_showing_sun_s_motion_through_galaxy_is_wrong.html
>>
Memories are the best vehicle for time travel. Video tape events that are special to you, and then play them back on your VHS player.
>>
File: 31187.jpg (48KB, 427x231px) Image search: [Google]
31187.jpg
48KB, 427x231px
>>19295620
you will never watch yourself watching VHS on VHS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gFnCwVqbWs
>>
File: Spinning_Dancer.gif (204KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
Spinning_Dancer.gif
204KB, 300x400px
>>19292520
you are already traveling forward in time, the speed of that is determined by your own perception. As for going backwards it wouldn't work because you're always going forward in time and you would have to go forward into the past to get there which contradicts itself. It probably wont ever happen because nobody from the future has visited us yet.
>>
>>19295659
then again maybe the direction of time is your perception.if you look really hard at the dancer it will change direction and spin the other way though nothing has changed. maybe the same effect applies to time
>>
>>19292809
Not true. You can represent it in terms of mathematics and translate it that way. You can know that you don't know things and you can know what they are.
Known unknowns and unknown unknowns are different.
>>
>>19292520
I'm almost certain the answer lies in Quantum Physics, but I haven't studied it, so I could be full of shit.
>>
If we discover it, I can't imagine that any time-fuckery in one small piece of the universe makes a dent in the fabric as a whole. I suspect that there are atemporal events and effects that happen before the cause.
>>
Time is likely a consciousness that has a personal hatred for mankind. Time slows down when you're in pain, when you're travelling, and at the end of long fucking day at work. It relishes the moments we are suffering.
>>
Time is all relative based on your point of reference. It can slow down or speed up depending on your frame of reference, but time as we know it only moves one-dimensionally (linearly). It can slow down or speed up, but still only moves forward.

I read an unlikely, yet still interesting theory on backwards time travel. It suggested that each interval of time from a point of reference (let's say seconds on earth) has it's own dimensional plane, like pages of a continual book that are constantly being created. And it suggested that if dimensional travel was ever possible for humans, possibly through worm holes, then we could have the ability to flip back to previous dimensional "pages" in our "book". Like I said, probably bullshit, but still a pretty interesting idea to think about
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.