[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

War-Related Paranormal Stuff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 17e6yznq9gnkfjpg.jpg (69KB, 636x508px) Image search: [Google]
17e6yznq9gnkfjpg.jpg
69KB, 636x508px
I'm a huge fan of militar history and war topics, and I'm also a huge fan of paranormal stuff.

Through the years I've heard a lot of stories about paranormal stuff happening during wars or that are related to the war.

One of the stories (and probably my favourite) is the one about ghost planes.

So, after the end of WWII there have been various sightings of combat planes belonging to the conflict, flying like nothing and then dissapearing. Sometimes one, and sometimes a whole platoon. Witnessess reported that sometimes the pilots would salute them. Many reported that some of the planes were completely broken, some of them didn't had a pilot on it. Some of them would crash in a place or just dissapear in thin air, while some others would land, but the pilot would be dead or just wouldn't be there. Never saw one of these since I'm not from USA, UK or any country that was part of the conflict, but I'm so interested in it.

So, go ahead and share paranormal war-related stuff, any story that any war veteran you know told you or that you read in some place.
>>
my grandpa, a pacific wwII, vet was told stories about a bomber pilot found "scared to death" inside his craft in some german forest somewhere, claw marks on craft and glass. maybe a bear? maybe a werewolf? who knows?

sounds fishy but, a story I never heard in archives like battle of la, foo fighters etc.
>>
My grandfather was also a WWII soldier. He was a navigator aboard a B-29 in the Pacific.
>>
>>19291035
One mission, when returning to base, an engine blew out on his plane. I forget why, it's been a while since I heard this story. My grandfather calculates fuel consumption with three engines (takes more fuel now) and tells the pilot that, according to the math, they have enough fuel to make it back to their main base but it's very close.
Pilot doesn't want to risk it, makes the call to head to one of the islands that hadn't been fully taken yet that was closer by to try to land there. However, as the Superfortress approached the island, a thick fog bank covered up all visibility of what was below the crew. They located the general area of the island but could not possibly land as they could see absolutely nothing.
After a while of circling it becomes clear that they're about to run out of fuel, but suddenly the fog parts for a moment to reveal the island and landing strip just in time.
>>
>>19291046
My grandfather's crew make the decent safely and land the plane, which will not be flown again. Because it's engine has been destroyed, it will be used as a stache of replacement parts for other planes. During post-flight checkup of the craft and crew, a groundsperson dips the measuring rod into the fuel tank to see how much is left. Apparently, the stick came out dry. The plane had been flying on fumes, literally.
That night, my grandfather and his crew had to sleep in tents on the island while fighting was still going on around them. The noise got so loud that my grandfather decided he would leave the tent area where all the soldiers stationed on the island slept and instead try to sleep under the plane. He informed his crew of this decision and they decided to join him. I imagine they knew they would not fly their plane again and may have wanted to spend a bit more time with it. Regardless, the idea worked and they were able to fall asleep.
In the morning, they awoke to horrible news. The Japanese forces had penetrated the area and rolled grenades into the tent area, killing many soldiers. I cannot remember for sure but I believe I remember my grandfather saying that the tent he was originally trying to sleep in was damaged or destroyed.
>>
My grandfather served with Merrill's Marauders in Burma and he told me a story of a Japanese battalion that became surrounded in a mangrove swamp. In one night half of them were eaten by crocodiles. Crazy story, found out later it was actually true:

https://www.thevintagenews.com/2016/10/11/an-army-of-1000-japanese-soldiers-was-decimated-by-saltwater-crocodiles-during-the-battle-of-ramree-island-of-world-war-ii/
>>
File: 1438695736418.jpg (408KB, 2008x841px) Image search: [Google]
1438695736418.jpg
408KB, 2008x841px
>>19290840
Someone posted this in the greentext thread the other night
>>
>>19291072
Spoopy

>>19290840
I have no relatable stories of my own but I'm very interested so have a bump
>>
>>19291053
Oh fuck thats awful
not as awful as some of the Japanese war crimes though. Unit 731was a real life nightmare. Tho it didnt have any crocodiles
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.