[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Emotions Processing 101

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Album 4.png (639KB, 549x549px) Image search: [Google]
Album 4.png
639KB, 549x549px
How do you gain control over your emotions?

I often feel like my emotions have control over me, but I want it to be the other way around. If I can control how I feel, I can control how I act, therefore what I do, and what I achieve.
>>
>>19290173
Stop being a little bitch
>>
>>19290173
I domminate all those who make me mad

Makes me feel mercy soon enough

Long enough gives me patience

After that i feel a constant flow of strenght and mercy to those around me
>>
See a therapist bro. It is possible you has a disorder that needs to be addressed. Trust me on this one and ignore the stigma attached to it. Even the most well adjusted folk could benefit from a psych tune up.
>>
>>19290173
>>>/adv/
>>
>>19290173

Dissect yourself. I suggest reading The Fourth Way, and Prometheus Rising. Use the information in them to learn how to reconfigure perspectives and thought processes.
>>
>>19290226
Thanks! I'll definitely check these out.

>>19290220
I go to a therapist, and the only disorder I have is ADHD. I'm talking about being able to be happy when you want to be, not just controlling preventing negative emotions, but creating positive ones.
>>
File: tip.jpg (163KB, 700x609px) Image search: [Google]
tip.jpg
163KB, 700x609px
>>19290213
>>
>>19290236
It is terribly tough when we have our down times. Happiness can be difficult to manufacture. I get what you're saying now. Like when you want to be happy about a thing, but all you get back is a whisper or echo of what you truly mean to feel.
>>
>>19290173
You are not your thoughts; you can choose to participate or to observe, and let them pass.

It is not easy, believe me; I have been prone to emotional outbursts and over-sensitivity my entire life. But it can be done.

Begin with meditation. Mindfulness is a good place to start. It helps you observe and acknowledge thoughts, without participating, and remaining present in the moment.

Learn objectivity. Something happened. Is it good? Is it bad? Or is it just a thing that happened? Someone dinged your car door in a parking lot. There is no reason to overreact. Yes: you dislike it. But it happened, and you cannot change that.
>>
>>19290274
what do you mean
>>
>>19290213
god forbid you ever feel remorse and an hero
cause you're the leader of the cringe lords.
>>
>>ZOLOFT
>>
>>19290173
i do 1 of 2 things . i either take a step outside myself and examine the situation as i would a movie. like there is no human end of the equation . things happen but nobody is in danger in reality is the mind set

or i stop and think about science and possible advances in science and technology through logical progressions and pre existing understanding and technology. its therapeutic. i naturally after a few minutes of doing so have no emotional response to the previous situation for a while. it calms me down
>>
>>19290318
im just a chad dude
>>
>>19290336
No you aren't
>>
>>19290173
Discipline and willpower.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.