[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A very weird experience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Siren.png (76KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Siren.png
76KB, 300x300px
So, recently (Around 13:50 CT or so) I was walking to my backdoor at my house. As I was looking for my key, I heard a very very faint Air raid siren. I have no way to explain this, and it was very faint, like it was in the distance, and I felt like I was the only one who could hear it when it happened. It maybe lasted three or four seconds, and then it was silent. Could anybody help me figure this out? [For context, this was heard in a town very near to the East of St. Louis]. Thank you to everybody who is willing to help out.
>>
>>19288436
Perhaps some sort of audio pareidolia or hallucination.

Or remnants from the past?

Either way I don't think this will be a very significant event in your life not long from now.
>>
A lot of towns, my own included, had these installed in the 50s (Cuban missile crisis and shizz). My town still tests them occasionally or uses them for weather alerts. If it was faint and only gets tested rarely you may have just never noticed before.
>>
>>19288466
My town only has tornado sirens, So that's kinda out the window
>>
>>19288447
Idk, could be I guess. What do you mean by remnants from the past though?
>>
>>19288436
Eeh, is this considered very weird? I have had the exact same thing for a couple of years now.. But its no more than 3 times a week, thought it was just my eardrums acting weird or something.
>>
File: Greed.png (16KB, 116x138px) Image search: [Google]
Greed.png
16KB, 116x138px
Germanfag here...
around my town we fire those Sirens up for every first saturday in a month
>>
>>19288436
I live in a very shitty, thin-walled flat, so you can hear almost everything. I once heard my neighbor's ringtone and then him picking the phone up and talking on it. Nothing unusual, right?. The thing is that the ringtone stayed in my head while he was talking and for long after he was done talking, too. When I paid attention to it - it ringed. When I didn't - it didn't ring. It was very realistic though, sounded nothing like a sound that I could just imagine. It was very fucking bizarre and happened only once in my lifetime. I tried paying attention to it the next day, but it didn't ever work again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_Pz2UyHyFI
>>
>>19288436
Do you live near a fire station by any chance? In my town these are mounted on the police and fire stations and they go off everytime there is an emergency, to alert the volunteer firefighters I'd imagine.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.