[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So one of my really close friends turned his life around. He

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 1499853258119.jpg (3MB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1499853258119.jpg
3MB, 2048x1365px
So one of my really close friends turned his life around. He was addicted to opiates and was really fucked for a long time, but totally turned his life around and claims that it's all due to Christianity. He's on board with the flood and all the other crazy Bible stories. Despite carbon dating and all that shit. I really don't know what to believe these days. I'm leaning towards the simulation theory. Flat earth seems logical. Infinite time lines and multiple dimensions seems logical, but how does Christianity fit into this? Could there actually be some benefit to being selfless and believing this Jesus bullshit? Help me /x/ I am lost. Internet conspiracies have broken me.
>>
>>19287226
Don't mistake human progress for importance. Bibles are ego and superstition and basic empathy tied to a book-bind. Before the big bang came its inverse, a cycle that will never end. But to get off opiates? People should believe whatever they need to to kick that shit.
>>
Of course it fits in dumbass (that's what she said). The Bible has been talking about multiple dimension long before Einstein did. Look up Joel's Bar on YouTube for real Christianity.
>>
>>19287226
He has replaced one addiction with another. He is now addicted to religion
>>
>>19287351
this, my dad kicked alcoholism and has been sober 14 years because of Christianity. Devotion to religion and work is what helped him because it's like replacement addictions. Also an actual addiction to cigarettes that he never kicked probably helped lol.
>>
File: IMG_2139.gif (569KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2139.gif
569KB, 500x500px
>>19287226
The timeline of the Bible is right, their numerical understanding is just different. When god created the heavens and the earth in seven days, one day was like a couple billion years. Like they say how in the eye of god all your life is like the blink of an eye. Most christians and bible beaters don't understand this.
The flood was real, there is a lot of physics evidence to support it, it wasn't necessarily totally global. The crust of the earth shifted causing massive changes in continents and in the weather. The crustal shift caused a speed melting of a glacier which subsequently flooded a large portion of the earth, and particularly the land as big as Asia and lybia combined in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. Survivors went to outposts on either side - in Peru and South America as well as in the Fertile Crescent and Mediterranean.

As for following the book, all regions have a core of truth. Even Jesus says himself, if you're gonna follow just one rule, love thy neighbor. Love is the answer, Light is the key. It is an allegorical story for the spiritual evolution of Self. You read these books as if they were written for you and they will gift you with their treasures. If you read them as if they are some sub iq fiction, you will reap the same reward. Sub iq and fictitious belief. Do you really think people maintained these stories through ooral tradition for so long just because it made them feel good? Nah, there is a method to the madness.
>>
>>19287346
The Bible is neither ego nor superstition. That is pleb tier understanding of it. There is more to this life than the material plane of existence, the earth is part of a cosmic series of cycles.
>>
File: 1499382864334.png (4MB, 1292x8757px) Image search: [Google]
1499382864334.png
4MB, 1292x8757px
Jesus rose from the dead.
Learn to logic.
>>
>>19287358
No. It was 6 literal 24 hour days.
People like you should shut the fuck up and stop compromising with God's word. Shame on you morons.
>>
>>19287365
I'm not compromising, I'm using what I've learned about original Greek and literal translations of religious works to participate in a nuanced understanding of religious texts. I wanted to understand and believe for myself, and now I do. Believe 6 literal days all you'd like, if that is where your spirit calls you. god will love you if you take genisis verbatim or not. The Bible is one of many of His lessons and stories. God is Love, the creative frequency, a standing wave, the Om. The Dao, that nameless All. Christ is a state of consciousness. An incarnation of the nameless. Christ is light. That is why he says there is no way to God but through him. Light is the key, Love is the answer.
>>
I rather suspect Jesus was a scammer disdained by the Essenes, for that he could work no miracles among those who knew him. The power of god is not so weak as to be blunted by familiarity.
>>
File: LOL.jpg (44KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
LOL.jpg
44KB, 600x400px
>>19287226
>Flat Earth seems logical
>Logical
>Flat Earth
>>
>>19287226
Carbon dating is not accurate, and even then not every Christian is some young earth evangelical. Knowing how old the earth is doesn't matter for salvation, don't worry about that
>>
>>19287226
>Flat earth seems logical
Bait thread, sage goes in all fields.
>>
>>19287226
Yes of course there's a benefit to being selfless.

>Flat earth seems logical.
Not if you're truly a logic oriented mind. It may seem to be on the surface but if you do any real attempts at debunking you should be fairly satisfied that the Earth is indeed round.

But that doesn't mean they aren't covering something up.
>>
If Jesus really did all those crazy magic tricks how could people deny that he's the son of God?
>>
>>19287384
Plz stfu and stop your fucking garbage.
"original greek"
>mfw genesis was written in hebrew

gtfo retard, I've actually studied this for a very long time, anyone could go to blueletterbible and find out right now wtf it says, idiot
>>
>>19287226
Well, that's the problem with the appeal of novelty. Anyone will believe any old crap if they think it's helping them.

>Flat earth seems logical
No it doesn't.
>>
>>19287360
>book is filled with intolerance
>the bible is not ego

hahaha
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.