[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Answer to Philosophy: What is Reality?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: spacetime3animated20[1].gif (1MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
spacetime3animated20[1].gif
1MB, 400x400px
If you are seeking the answer to what is reality, truth, God, or whatever you'll call it. The answer is to stop time. This may sound impossible, but it is entirely possible when you realize that thought is time. So to stop time you only have to stop your thoughts.

I'll answer any questions and would prefer to discuss this rather than simply explain but here is a short explanation.

The only tool we have to function every single day is thought. We use thought for everything; to feel, to think, to sense, to judge, to act, to plan, etc. We never have a thought that is not based in the past, present or future. Time is the enemy of man and thought is our weapon to fight time. Thought decides how we spend our time knowing that time is limited. But thought is also limited. Time is defined as a movement and thought can also be defined as a movement. If all our thoughts are made up of time, then our thoughts are time. You realize there has never been a time in your life you have not been thinking (even in your sleep) and that the one common factor between the interval of your birth until now is that your whole life you've been thinking. It is not a coincidence, because your whole life has been time.

The next thing to realize is that knowledge of any sort cannot be complete about anything. This is because knowledge requires memory which is a component of thought and thought by it's very nature is a divisor, always looking for finer and finer details. If you try to remember anything you cannot remember it in detail 100% as if it were actually happening. But remembering is what we call knowledge. So knowledge is limited. Knowing that knowledge is limited, how do you expect thought which relies on knowledge to experience the limitlessness of reality?

So if you're searching for truth you can never come across it by thought. You can never think of the truth. However the truth can be experienced, when you're not thinking.
>>
>>19285040
Damn, is that why when you reach a certain meditative state, you lose sense of time?
>>
>>19285179
Yes, because you enter the timeless. The moment you stop time or rather the instant you stop time (an instant being the smallest possible amount of time, which is zero.) you enter the timeless and see into the eternal. Staring into the eternal is like witnessing 4D space for the first time. You have no words, no concepts, no ideas or images to record as your brain cannot conceptualize it. But it is the experience of truth that leaves a permanent mark on it's experiencer, but we are all human beings so we can all experience this. All you have to do is realize that no matter what it is life throws at you, it's not related to the truth because it's not of the truth it's of time, and time is an illusion.
>>
>>19285557
Thank you, this resonants with what I've felt as well. More meditation it looks like. I've only entered this state in meditation at intervals, my thoughts slow and I notice a gap, then the thoughts return, but a gap gulfs the thoughts once again, and this cycle continues, with each gap being longer than the last.

It's when this cycle starts is when I notice that I have no accurate sense of time, for all I know I could be in meditation for 20 mins, but wake up, look at the clock, and realize I've been in meditation for an hour and a half. Sometimes it's the opposite.
>>
>>19285674
You have insight into the instant when you realize the instant or moment is all there is. There is no past and there is no future as both of them are contained now in the present. We live in an eternal moment, we never left the thing we were searching for, we are it! And if you want to know what you are, then just be. No thinking, no feeling, no judging, etc. Just be as you are. And to do this does not take discipline, you don't systematically using analysis shut down each individual part of your mind to stop thinking. You do the whole thing at once right now, not later because later doesn't exist. You must access the cracks in time, grab one and just listen to it. And you will hear the truth. You'll know it was the truth for it will be an immeasurable experience that was completely honest.
>>
Do you have any suggestions on how to do this... Right now!
>>
>>19285763
The first thing I'd do is not think about it, because if thought realizes that it needs to ends itself and pursues the idea of ending itself then that is a continuation of thought and time wins. You are actively and willfully creating the next moment in your mind when the eternal moment is all there is. Ask yourself what you truly want, that thing deep inside that if you didn't get would bring you immense fear. Then tackle that fear head on, by realizing nothing in this conscious life matters to the truth. So let it go and be at peace. Only once you're at peace will you be able to grasp the moment.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.