[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Real Ghostbusting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 8

File: Ghostbusters 1.jpg (368KB, 1571x786px) Image search: [Google]
Ghostbusters 1.jpg
368KB, 1571x786px
Let's say someone wanted get rid of ghosts, demons, elementals, etc. from a building. What actual techniques would be effective for the job?

Smudging? Exorcism? Utilizing quantum physics to trap and contain them?
>>
File: 1482437986390.gif (185KB, 768x368px) Image search: [Google]
1482437986390.gif
185KB, 768x368px
I'd say you have the best odds if you come right out the gate

Praying to ALL the gods.
>>
>>19284758
Eventually one will listen, eh?
>>
File: 1435619582328.jpg (39KB, 600x609px) Image search: [Google]
1435619582328.jpg
39KB, 600x609px
>>19284734
God’s Word shows that those who are suffering from demon attacks can get free from such harassment. Prayer plays a vital role in such liberation. (Mark 9:25-29) But someone troubled by demons may need to take additional steps. Events involving first-century Christians illustrate what else may be required.
Before they became followers of Christ, some individuals in ancient Ephesus were involved with demonism. However, after they made up their mind to serve God, “those who practiced magical arts brought their books together and burned them up before everybody.” (Acts 19:19) By destroying their books on divination, those new believers in Ephesus set an example for any who wish to free themselves from demon attacks today. It is imperative for such ones to get rid of all objects related to spiritism. This includes books, magazines, movies, material from electronic sources, music recordings that have spiritistic overtones, as well as amulets or other items worn for “protection” or linked to spiritistic practices.—Deuteronomy 7:25,26; 1Corinthians 10:21.
>>
>>19284815
Some years after those Christians in Ephesus had destroyed their books on magic, the apostle Paul wrote: “We have a wrestling . . . against the wicked spirit forces.” (Ephesians 6:12) Paul urged Christians: “Put on the complete suit of armor from God that you may be able to stand firm against the machinations [crafty acts, footnote] of the Devil.” (Ephesians 6:11) That advice is still valid. Christians must fortify their spiritual defenses in order to stay out of the reach of wicked spirits. “Above all things,” stressed Paul, “take up the large shield of faith, with which you will be able to quench all the wicked one’s burning missiles.” (Ephesians 6:16) A person strengthens his faith through Bible study. (Romans 10:17; Colossians 2:6, 7) Hence, regular Bible study helps us to develop faith that serves as a bulwark against the influence of wicked spirits.—Psalm 91:4; 1 John 5:5.
>>
>>19284765
Habeeb it.
>>
File: 1498087751179.jpg (135KB, 425x516px) Image search: [Google]
1498087751179.jpg
135KB, 425x516px
>>19284821
Those Christians in Ephesus needed to take yet another important step. Paul told them: “With every form of prayer and supplication . . . carry on prayer on every occasion in spirit.” (Ephesians 6:18) Yes, praying intensely for Jehovah’s protection is, indeed, essential for those who want to be set free from demon attacks today. (Proverbs 18:10; Matthew 6:13; 1 John 5:18, 19) The Bible fittingly says: “Subject yourselves, therefore, to God; but oppose the Devil, and he will flee from you.”—James 4:7.

While the one under demon attack should pray fervently for relief, other true Christians may also pray in behalf of the individual who deeply desires to serve Jehovah and who is earnestly trying to resist wicked forces. They can ask God that the one afflicted by demons might gain the spiritual strength to resist demonic assaults. Since God’s Word states that “a righteous man’s supplication, when it is at work, has much force,” prayers said by God’s servants will certainly benefit afflicted ones who are doing their utmost to “oppose the Devil.”—James 5:16.

Go with Christ!
>>
>>19284734
As it happens, OP, I am studying this exact sort of thing right now. It depends entirely on the nature of the creature or being pestering you. For example, with a simple ghost or spirit, our Christian friend is on the right track; an exorcism from any religion should suffice. But if, to give a different example, you are being pestered by fae folk, most folklore indicates that the most efficient way to be rid of them is to use iron. In such a case I would personally spread iron shavings across each entrance and window to prevent passage. Each supernatural pest must be handled in a different way.
>>
File: Ray_GB1.jpg (17KB, 520x324px) Image search: [Google]
Ray_GB1.jpg
17KB, 520x324px
>>19284970
Damn. That's more-or-less as much as I've gathered so far.

I'm curious if there are any more secular ways though, for non-fae. Something that could help for folks who aren't particularly religious.

Thanks though, I'll continue to read up on the subject. Got some exorcism lit last night I can pore through. I've been meaning to tackle more fairy books, too, to see if there are any preventions and protections I've missed.

I feel like such an asshole where it comes to exorcism against ghosts though. Like, how would you feel if you were just sitting at home one day, and suddenly people barge into your home and take over as if they own the place, then when you start to make a fuss they get some jackass to come in and tell you to fuck off in the name of Christ?
>>
>>19284734
The spirits aren't in the building. They are inside your flesh.
>>
File: 1442868955400.jpg (5KB, 250x240px) Image search: [Google]
1442868955400.jpg
5KB, 250x240px
>>19285047
>>
>>19285047
They've Got to be!
>>
>>19285037
My understanding is that it is the ritual, and not the religion, that makes exorcism work. It is very difficult for all religions to be correct, but all exorcism rituals are capable of removing weaker spirits. I have yet to understand the mechanism of it, but I hope, in time, to develop my own exorcism technique. I suggest you look into the same. As well, make sure that you know what is haunting you; if it isn't a ghost etc you will need to take different measures entirely.

And I can appreciate your empathy, but in my amateur opinion the living and the corporeal should take precedence over the dead and immaterial. However, I may be biased, as I intend to start a business after I feel I have studied enough to get started, and while legally I will be selling "peace of mind" I very much intend it to be a type of extermination service.
>>
File: kolchak.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
kolchak.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>19285078
Oh, nothing's haunting me, I'm just curious about the methods in the event that it ever comes up.

I'm definitely thinking about that though. If I can study the methods of others, I can come up with some methods of my own for the purposes of whatever I'm encountering.

I have this weird idea of writing a handbook for dealing with paranormal phenomena. Partially for personal use, if I ever get into the business of paranormal investigation, but also for the sake of helping others deal with it regardless of their beliefs.

I mean, really, if your plates start flying out of your cupboard, belief starts to become irrelevant.
>>
>>19284734
>Real

Hmm.
>>
>>19284734
#1 Stop whatever child abuse is happening to any prepubescent children living in the house.

#2 buy a bunch of fresh basil and take a bath with it. Hang up some garlic all around yer house for a week or two.

100% effective
>>
>>19284970
too many video games, bud
>>
File: Ghostbusters_HeSlimedMe.jpg (264KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ghostbusters_HeSlimedMe.jpg
264KB, 1920x1080px
>>19285842
>I'd better hop on into the Paranormal board
>What's this? Discussions on the paranormal? How absurd!

>>19285878
Basil and garlic, okay... Why would there be child abuse?

>>19286031
Are there a lot of video games about house cleansing and fairies?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.