[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Atlantis reloaded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 12

File: ATL.jpg (117KB, 983x656px) Image search: [Google]
ATL.jpg
117KB, 983x656px
I´d like to discuss Atlantis, because there is a localization hypothesis that can serve with everything that it was attributed by Plato.
I know some people believe its just a myth after all but there is actually no evidence that Plato made up the story, quite contrary we can trace his sources and we can easily find the origin in Egypt.
The biggest problem with Platos Atlantis is his dating it to 9600 years before his time, because that doesnt make any sense as he describes a war between Athen and Atlantis. Athen was first settled around 5000 bc, the first palace was build around 1600 bC. Also there was no egypt, 9600 years before Plato.
It is quite possible that the years are moon cycles instead and so we can recalculate the fall of Atlantis to ±1220 bC.
This shoves the origin of Platons report right in our faces. You may have heard about the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Peoples
I think this is enough for introduction. I will provide more evidence.
>>
So why had nobody besides Plato ever talked about Atlantis? Because Atlantis is not a name, its an attribute, it means literally the Island of Atlas, who in greek mythology is the one who holds up the sky from falling on earth. In Egypt mythology, there is a pillar in the north that holds the world. And the origin of this whole myth is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yggdrasil

According to Plato the main source of the wealth of Atlantis was a mystery metal that he called mountain copper or bronze, oreikhalkos. The Atlanteans used it amongst other things to make paint and lacquer their palace. There are many speculations on what this mystery metal is, it couldnt be bronze as it could be found natural, and to stay in reality we need something that still can be found today. the best candidate is amber. Its not a metal at all but it was considered magic as it breaks ancient laws of the elements. A stone that can be liquid and burn http://www.kopenhagen.citysam.de/.../bernstein-museum-1.htm
>>
>>19283256
Plato described Atlantis as a main island with the capitol sanctum called basilea on it, next to a large plain that is very rectangular and has a seize of 2000*3000 Stadia or 340 *550 Km±. this fits perfect onto denmark and the north german plain this gives us Helgoland as main island. Helgoland is located in front of the mouth of the river Eider

The whole area is very unstable and literally falling apart. Helgoland lost alot of ground over the centuries and is only a small cliff today. The name Helgoland comes from Heligoland and means as much as holy land. Helgoland is also considered to be the Electrides insula, the mythical amber island from antiquity. So is the river Eider maybe the the mythical river Eridanos.

According to Apollonius of Rhodes and Ovid amber originated from the tears of the Heliades, encased in poplars as dryads, shed when their brother, Phaeton, died and fell from the sky, struck by Zeus' thunderbolt, and tumbled into the Eridanos,

>>
According to Plato Atlantis sank into shoal of mud, nobody could ship through. this is how Helgoland looks when the tide is low
>>
File: the-troll-wall.jpg (3MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
the-troll-wall.jpg
3MB, 2592x1944px
north from Denmark are the fjord mountains of Norway and yes they are as impressive as Platon describes them
>>
File: Nordic_Bronze_Age.png (31KB, 657x683px) Image search: [Google]
Nordic_Bronze_Age.png
31KB, 657x683px
Map of the Nordic Bronze Age culture, c. 1200 BC
>>
Einar Ostmo, a Norse archaeologist emphasizes that the Atlantic and North Sea coastal regions of Scandinavia, and the circum-Baltic areas were united by a vigorous maritime economy, permitting a far wider geographical spread and a closer cultural unity than interior continental cultures could attain. He points to the widely disseminated number of rock carvings assigned to this era, which display "thousands" of ships. To seafaring cultures like this one, the sea is a highway and not a divider.
>>
File: chief_vitamin_water.jpg (115KB, 540x750px) Image search: [Google]
chief_vitamin_water.jpg
115KB, 540x750px
>>19283279
This is quite interesting actually and a lot more thought out than the other conspiracies you see here. Please continue if you would.
>>
Ok around 1200 b C there have been many disasters over europe. its the end of the old bronze age. There is also evidence for a rise in human sacrifice around that date. The people back then thought their world is ending and then there is this huge mass migration to the Mediterranean Sea. The SeaPeople fight with Athen and Egypt, lose but they were allowed to settle in Canaan, where they were called Phillistines.
>>
the proto Phoenicians. Around 200 years after the Philistines settled in Canaan the Phoenicians had established a united economy over the Mediterranean Sea coast exactly what is described for the north sea bronze age culture.

So with the phoenicians connected to our Atlantis we get some more "in the face facts", Plato told us about the 10 children Poseidon had with Kleito that became the kings of Atlantis. For one of the Kids Plato gives the original name, the name of Eumelus was, in Atlantian language, Gadeirus, the modern Cadiz, was an old founding of the Phoenicians
>>
File: minoan mural.jpg (411KB, 1322x1000px) Image search: [Google]
minoan mural.jpg
411KB, 1322x1000px
>>19283279
>Moreover, there were a great number of elephants in the island; for as there was provision for all other sorts of animals, both for those which live in lakes and marshes and rivers, and also for those which live in mountains and on plains, so there was for the animal which is the largest and most voracious of all.
Ah yes, the elephants of Europe. I'm pretty sure the mammoths were extinct by that point.

Most of the geographic and cultural details found in Timaeus and Critias suggest the Minoans were the most likely source for the legend. It's the only one that's ever made a lick of sense to me.
>>
I wrote this first on
face
book
com/groups/119441938068660/permalink/1396678807011627/
>>
>>19283310
i am aware of the Minoan hypothesis but i dont see anything that supports it. then pls explain why plato didnt wrote about the Minoans, a culture well known to the people of Athen but instead tells us about Atlantis.
>>
>>/his/ might be more interested
>>
>>19283341
What makes you think it was well-known?
>i dont see anything that supports it
Plumbing, hot and cold water, colored stones, a vast seafaring empire, worship of the bull (see pic above, a symbol of Poseidon to the Greeks)... not to mention...
>But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea. For which reason the sea in those parts is impassable and impenetrable, because there is a shoal of mud in the way; and this was caused by the subsidence of the island.
Gradually rising tides would not cause this. It was a sudden, cataclysmic event, such as what would have occurred with the eruption of Thera and resulting geological and oceanic disasters
>>
so atlantis is doggerland?
>>
>>19283256
>actually no evidence that Plato made up the story
Timaeus and Critias, you inbred fuckstick, READ THEM.
>>
File: divergent-boundaries.png (38KB, 1060x204px) Image search: [Google]
divergent-boundaries.png
38KB, 1060x204px
Atlantis may have been on an island on the mid atlantic ridge which had a sudden spreading geological activity that pulled the island apart and downward. The city may have two parts far apart in the ocean somewhere or at the shores of some countries in Europe, Africa and America
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plate_tectonics
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divergent_boundary
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid-Atlantic_Ridge

Take this island for example, when it was discovered it was 700 meters or 2300 feet in length but now its almost disappeared;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kolbeinsey
>>
File: East-Goes-North.png (4MB, 2210x830px) Image search: [Google]
East-Goes-North.png
4MB, 2210x830px
>>19283256
I like your idea OP.

However, Plato said it was just outside the the Mediterranean or something to that order.

"According to the dialogues, this story was passed down to him through his grandfather, Dropides, who in turn got it from Solon, the famous Athenian lawmaker who got the story from an Egyptian sanctuary. Plato's dialogues locate the island in the Atlantic Pelagos "Atlantic Sea", "in front of" the Pillars of Hercules (Στήλες του Ηραkλή) and facing a district called modern Gades or Gadira (Gadiron), a location that some modern Atlantis researchers associate with modern Gibraltar; however various locations have been proposed."
>/wiki/Location_hypotheses_of_Atlantis

Have you ever looked at the seamounts in that area?
>>
File: st-boniface-tree-of-thor.jpg (107KB, 446x352px) Image search: [Google]
st-boniface-tree-of-thor.jpg
107KB, 446x352px
>>19283256
>>19284663
Hercules = Thor
Just beyond the pillars of Hercules/Thor.
The pillars were not stone but oak.
>>
>>19284862
Where are these oak pillars located?

How would Egyptian's have any knowledge about Thor?
>>
File: 1477815479337.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1477815479337.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
this is legit thing i've seen on /x/ in a cool while

BUMP 4 OP
>>
File: Pepe_detective.png (241KB, 732x633px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe_detective.png
241KB, 732x633px
Atalnstis was real, and had an outpost at Cuzco and Egypt (Fallen angles/ nephilim and advanced science/technology) . It was flooded during God's wrath. Maybe the Bible or Book of Enoch can help you out OP. God Speed.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.