[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Occult Significance of Moths?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 177px-Acherontia_atropos_MHNT.jpg (14KB, 177x180px) Image search: [Google]
177px-Acherontia_atropos_MHNT.jpg
14KB, 177x180px
I've been kinda weirdly obsessed with moths recently, so what are some tips they have to the occult, paranormal, and other /x/ tier shit? I'm looking for moth-related supernatural entities, deities from mythology related to moths, maybe possible meanings of moths as a reoccurring omen.
From research and just off the top of my head I know about mothman and several superstitions from around the world pertaining to moths.
>>
Lately moths have been swarming my kitchen window. Huge moths, small moths, white moths; all different kinds at once.
I leave the light above the sink on every night, but I've been doing that for years. This has never happened before.
>>
>>19282135
It's similar for me, but in a lot closer of proximity. Moths will kinda just show up around me, I'll wake up and just have moths on my wall and moths (as well as other insects) will land on me and just be chill and not fly away unless I straight up brush them off me. I'm generally pretty skeptical so I try not to assume it's paranormal immediately but it's becoming so prominent that it's hard not to...
>>
>>19282135
>>19282193
You guys have a humidity problem kek.
t. someone with this problem that always sees moths around.
>>
File: IMG_0565.jpg (33KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0565.jpg
33KB, 1024x576px
Well you are in luck today anon.
Lately I've been working with the spirit of Datura. To which I have done ritual to evoke the spirit of Datura according to my tradition within the plant. I will then smoke a small amount of the herb before I do scrying rituals to commune with said spirit and last week during such a session I was shown that the spirit of Datura can manifest not only as a woman but as a Moth and bat.

I did some research and there is an Aztec Goddess named Itzpopalotl who is associated with moths bats and was also considered a "star demon".
There is a family of moths known as Saturniidae, and if I need to explain that significance to you then I don't know what to say.

Finally Datura is pollinated by a type of moth known as the hunter moth.

Ps. Please do not smoke Datura if you have no idea what it is and what it can do. It is extremely poisonous.
>>
>>19284152
To further elaborate of itzpopalotl she was a cthonian goddess who was also attributed to women and children who died giving or during child birth.
The whole star demon thing was attributed to visible stars during solar eclipse.she was one of 4 stars total that become visible that aztecs believed were trying to devour the sun.
>>
>>19282106
Both moths and butterflies share similarities. They begin their lives as little critters crawling along on the ground, but after a metamorphosis they become creatures of the sky. The butterfly is active during the day, while the moth is active at night.
>>
>>19284152
I'm cultivating datura. How many leaves do i need to smoke? Do you feel bad side effects?
>>
>>19284243
There is no way for me to say anon, I purchased it dried and I pack a bowl of it with a little cannabis.
I usually only take 4-5 hits and that gets me for at least 2 hours or more which is enough time for me to do my rituals.
It doesn't feel gross at all, honestly it feels like that spaceyness you get from Salvia with out the tripping balls.
I would dry it out and take one leaf and just go hit by hit.
There have been times where I smoke my regular amount and it's super chill
Other times I loose track of half an hour inside my own head.
>>
Last winter, all of a sudden 7 moths sprung out of nowhere in my home. It was strange since there was snow outside. These were beautiful plump grey moths flying everywhere. After some research, it seems the symbolic meaning of moths is change and growth. Something that was very reflective of my life at the time.
>>
>>19284205
>>19284243
thats some shite datura better look that shit up and read about it. its a weird as fuck drugs and can lead to pure shit
>>
>>19282193
Close your damn windows anon.
>>
>>19282135
Have you thought of moving?
>>
>>19282135
Somebody send anon a butt load of moth balls
>>
Cicada
>>
i fucking hate moths
>>
>>19285145
fuck you, asshole.
>>
File: 6346148315_f4344761d0.jpg (94KB, 496x332px) Image search: [Google]
6346148315_f4344761d0.jpg
94KB, 496x332px
>>19285285

>(You)
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.