[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honor the Dead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: paleo.jpg (55KB, 528x387px) Image search: [Google]
paleo.jpg
55KB, 528x387px
In short, I live in a large tent on an old native American site in the summers, and have been fucked with by what I'm guessing is spirits of the original inhabitants. I feel that though I own the land, it is not truly 'mine.' How can I gain good mojo points with the dead indians? I always make a point of burning tobacco when I have a fire, and clean any litter trespassers leave; I generally try to honor them by keeping the forest as pristine as possible. Any rituals or simple acts of respect I should be making a habit of?
Story time:
>Reading and drinking at my desk (big, big tent)
>Hear loud slap on the canvas opposite me
>Look
>Open-palm slapping following the tent wall counter-clockwise as I watch
>Grab gun, lantern
>Nobody, no animals outside
>Continue drinking
>>
>>19281428
If you want advice on how to propitiate ghosts, it really depends on what they'd want, which we'd be guessing at. They might have been from tribes that didn't even use tobacco, for example.
If you just want some peace in your camp, I have a suggestion on that, though. Put in posts at are at least waist high at the corners of your camp area and paint them red. That should do well enough.
>>
>>19281476
Thanks bud. I don't want to give away my location, but I'm a mile from Lake Superior. Idk what cultures lived in my area.
Red stakes huh? I'll try that.
>>
Any other happenings or just the tent slapping?
>>
I'll post another story why not

>At the camp with Dad and my pupper
>Walking through the woods
>Late winter, snow on the ground
>Dusk, the blue twilight
>Dog barks, runs at a black form through the trees
>Call dog back, he's shaken
>Approach the figure
>A buck with all four of its legs broken, its skin in tatters like rags
>Goddamn
>Decide to go back to the shack to get my .22 and put that poor bastard down
>Too dark once at the shack. We'll kill it in the morning if the wolves don't get it first
>Go back in the morning
>No deer, no blood, no hair, no tracks
>My dog saying 'do not want'
?
>>
My guess would be to just try to contact natives that live nearby (I guess you can find contacts online) and ask them what tribes lived there and how to become friends with the spirits.
>>
>>19281562
I've heard my name called out clear as day twice, but there are few 'happenings.' It's more like strong feelings of an overstayed welcome, watching, and a deafening silence and lack of animal signs in the center-north of the land.
>>
The natives were a bunch of turd suckers who would kill people for minor slights, such as not bringing gifts when you happen to run into them. The savages were nothing more than uncivilized robbers. Dont honor them.

A simple exorcism of the land will do the trick.
>>
File: 1499794390046.png (330KB, 636x512px) Image search: [Google]
1499794390046.png
330KB, 636x512px
>>19281428
>>19281610

Its ultra effective
>>
>>19281643
We're talkin paleo indian ghosts here. They don't relate to the horrors of modern science.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.