[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shadow People thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: shadow-people.jpg (54KB, 675x350px) Image search: [Google]
shadow-people.jpg
54KB, 675x350px
Can we get a shadow people thread going?

One common phenomenon that those experienced with psychedelic drugs will talk about, is that of the shadow people. It's very common when tripping on psychedelics, or experiencing stimulant psychosis, or just all-around sleep deprived, to perceive humanoid entities in the corner of your eye, often perceived as shadowy figures sort of like ghosts.

Most of us have seen shadow people in the corner of our eyes at one point or another. But what fascinates me is something I read recently: that apparently, the longer you go into a sleep deprived or altered state, the more "real" the entities become. To quote psychonaut wiki: "The visual external hallucinations usually, but not always, begin to appear as initial fleeting images out of the corner of the eyes in the peripheral vision. As the duration of the experience (sleep deprivation, stimulant psychosis, diphenhydramine, etc.) progresses. However, shadow people may begin to appear in full view and one will be able to look directly at them"

Here's another quote from a trip report where the author describes shadow people looking at her straight in the eye:

> But after the third day with my altered self, the people start to come for me. No matter what I try to do... Unless I want to spend time with them for a while.... I have to force myself to sleep because they will not leave until I do so. They follow me and slide by in my peripheral vision and I turn to check behind myself and suddenly they're dead center in front of me staring at me dead in the eyes.

So what do you think about shadow people, /x/? Have you ever experienced them while tripping on drugs, sleep deprived, etc? Have you ever reached the level where they were able to stare you in the eye? Touch them or feel them? Have them grab you or pull on your hair (this apparently is very common in highly advanced alterered states)? How terrifying was it?

Also vote in this poll: http://www.strawpoll.me/13411882
>>
Shadows, shadows everywhere.
>>
"look behind you"
>>
File: hl3.jpg (448KB, 1500x2100px) Image search: [Google]
hl3.jpg
448KB, 1500x2100px
>>
Just posted a similar thread about my experiences less than 5 min ago.
>>
>>19279063

Nice. What's the thread called/what's the URL?
>>
>>19278970
> the longer you go into a sleep deprived or altered state, the more "real" the entities become.

yeah no shit you're sleep deprived
>>
File: 60429441.jpg (26KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
60429441.jpg
26KB, 400x400px
>>19279562
>>
File: sleep experiment.jpg (22KB, 620x470px) Image search: [Google]
sleep experiment.jpg
22KB, 620x470px
He pointed his gun at the remaining shadow person, still restrained to a bed as the remaining members of the research team fled the room. "I won't be locked in here with these things! Not with you!" he screamed at the shadow person strapped to the table. "WHAT ARE YOU?" he demanded. "I must know!"

The shadow person smiled.

"Have you forgotten so easily?" he asked. "We shadow people are you. We are the madness that lurks within you all, begging to be free at every moment in your deepest animal mind. We are what you hide from in your beds every night. We are what you sedate into silence and paralysis when you go to the nocturnal haven where we cannot tread."

The researcher paused. Then aimed at the subject's heart and fired. The EEG flatlined as the shadow person weakly choked out, "So... nearly... free..."
>>
Is it possible for them to interact with yu? Because yesterday I dreamed a shadowlike thing came and wraped me up (I feeled very weak due I had a bad fever).When I woke up I was wraped like a cocoon, not only the sheet but all the clothes laying on my bed was covering me.

Not the first time something like this happens but I wann know what it is.
>>
>>19278970
The worst that I've experienced is seeing figures walking in my peripheral vision after a long day, but that is it.
>>
>>19278970
I smoke medical weed daily and have the peripheral vision shadows at infrequent and randomized moments as I walk around my home.

I keep a dimly lit home so even during the day it can be a little darker than normal.

It freaks me out when I'm in a lit room like my office and can see shapes shifting at the end of the hall in the dark while I keep my eyes focused on in lit room.

If I leave the lights on in the hallway it doesn't occur at night.

I've never experienced seeing one that wasn't fleeting out of the side of my eye and I definitely have never seen one face to face.

For along time I thought it was just my eyes playing tricks on me until I was watching TV in a semi lit room and the dinning room/front door area was blacked out at night.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw a thin non-human figure (pic related).

It didn't have any arms from what I could tell and the base of the body was the same width as the neck on that creature Sonic is fighting in the pic.

It wasn't see through though, even though it was in the dark, it stood about 6-7 feet from the edge of the light - the only way I could describe the texture of the shadow figure is as being similar to a Muk from Pokemon, a constantly moving dark black/purple sludge.

Well the texture on its body was moving, the figure remained still watching me until a few seconds later I looked over only for it to disappear.

Sorry for any typos in advance.
>>
>>19281446
lol wrong pic
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.