[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So many people keep claiming we are living in the end times.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: 1452895779882.jpg (593KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1452895779882.jpg
593KB, 900x900px
So many people keep claiming we are living in the end times. The arguments and evidence arent that far fetched but is there something that speaks against the notion ? What if we are not actually living in the end times and only project everything to fight our existenstial anxiety and depression. I'm pretty sure that shit will go do down eventually but I'm not yet convinced we are living in the end times.
>>
>>19278742
End times in biblical sense just ment Adulthood. If you understand and see that, congratulations, you may not be a child anymore. Now live you life, have sex (make babies ) and get over the bible. It's just a raise-your-kids for dummies (inexperienced ) book, written so kids won't get it.
>>
File: IMG_0393.jpg (9KB, 124x81px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0393.jpg
9KB, 124x81px
>>19278742
>>19278778
>>
>>19278742
People in all times claimed that and it was never true.
>>
>>19279111
This.
>>
they will create a new timeline so it won't ever happen

control is powerful
>>
I like to think by "end times" the underlying meaning is that we are approaching a new zodiac season.

The age of Taurus ( 4400 ish BC) marked the trend of people abandoning the hunter-gatherer lifestyle (the age of innocence in the garden of Eden) and began living in condensed cities that utilize technology to support its people (often beyond their means) .

This progressed through the age of Ares and Pisces ( the age we are now leaving). The age of Pisces is the last age of this zodiac season now we are moving into the next season that begins with the age of Aquarius.

Why does this matter? Because I think that people understood long ago the power of the precession. With new ages comes new thoughts, social changes, and paradigm shifts.

We as humans not only evolve biologically, but we also evolve spiritually. This new Age will call to question the mistakes of the past, and we will begin spiritually searching for answers once again knowing what happens when dogma takes root in the minds of groups of people.
>>
>>19278742
there have been several end times throughout history.
>>
>>19278742
God and the Universe are infinite.
So the end times both do and don't happen. Steer your course using your nervous systems electromagnetic field
>>
Because of Hell.
Literally everything can be explained by the Christian understanding of Hell.
>>
>>19278742
I'm sure people living through the Black Plague or the Holocaust thought it was the end times also
>>
how do we know times haven't already ended and we are living in hell right now? would explain why no one has seen god in thousands of years. but maybe he is everywhere. I don't know
>>
>>19280787
Explain
>>
>>19280811
no that anon, but hell, is something something.
and when this other something does it's thing, it takes the things it did it's thing to, to hell.

but at the very end, the King of everything, will come and toss hell and the other thing and all who didn't swear alliance to Him into the bottomless pit, of fire and brimstone.

that will be the end of hell, the other thing and the things that thing did it's thing to...if they didn't swear alliance.
>>
>>19281249
You're forgetting the person who gets out of the brimstone
>>
>>19281273
yeah, but he ends up going back.
he can't go against the King.
>>
>>19278742
Christianity is false, waiting for christianinty is like waiting for the seven horned unicorn of the gigantic dick.
>>
>>19280787
You mean the one that was fabricated and did not actually exist until Christianity expanded on the Judaism lore? The lore that says it was a pit that Jews dug out to crucify and burn people who had sinned? That hell?
>>
>>19278778
Hey look guys, I found a pedophile priest on the internet
>>
>>19278778
>>19282554
I'm going to elaborate on this, because it's fucking hilarious. Okay loser, get ready to have a stranger pretend they're intellectually disemboweling you.

You are a person who is:
1) Interested in religion
2) Convinced of the general idiocy of others
3) Convinced religion is a means of manipulating children especially
4) Prone to equating life with sex

There's not an interpretation here that makes you look like a good person, and it made me grin to see you raising your head even anonymously. What else are you willing to share with the class?
>>
>>19278742
Everything is the beginning and the end, depending on your perspective
>>
Should it matter? Is anyone making life changes because of this?

I feel like my path should be the same regardless.
>>
>>19282568

Define what a good person is for us, anon.

Come on, you can do it.
>>
Yeah, come on people have been prophecizing about the end of the world for centuries now. It's not happening.

>inb4 nukes drop while i solve captcha
>>
>>19278742
Newton believed the world would end in 2060. A lot of Biblical prophecy has come true, the whole rumours of wars thing is difficult to understand in anything but a cold-war context (which still persists to this day in a slightly different form). Tectonic activity has risen massively as predicted, we now have weapons capable of melting eyes in their sockets, its likely that we're approaching technology that can extent our lives indefinitely so that we can have "And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them."
>>
>>19278778
This guys just mad at god.
>>
>>19280062
So whats the end game? Whats the point/purpose of the ages and seasons? Who designed this process?
>>
>>19283221
Terra is a young planet, forming from molten slag billions of years after other planets in the galaxy. If planets which can support Terran life are not extremely rare, then it is almost certain that other life exists in the galaxy. And, travelling at light speed, they would already have discovered Terran microbial life billions of years before this moment of time in your life.

Trappist-1 is an example of a star system with conditions suitable for forming planets with similar environmental parameters as Terra.

http://www.trappist.one/#timeline

Terran technology is young, only thousands of years in the making, so photographing distant planets for signs of life is not always possible. Can you imagine how much data that Terran astronomers would have about life conditions on other planets in one million years? Can you imagine how much data that those astronomers could collect in a BILLION years?

Terra is a very young planet in the Milky Way galaxy. Terra is not the first, or even close to the first planet in the Milky Way galaxy, which is at this moment of our shared time only 100,000 lightyears across. Travelling just under the speed of light, a civillization that managed to successfully climb out of the evolutionary crucible on their own only 6 billion years after the formation of the Milky Way Galaxy would have had time to personally visit Terra, and return to their home planet dozens of times!

It is now time for Terran humans to consider. What if extraterrestrial life forms haven't been visiting this planet? What if extraterrestrial life forms never left, because they aren't visitors, but rather they are residents of this planet?

Do you think you own this galaxy?
>>
>>19283286
You don't even need to go at the speed of light. Wormholes or whatever (folds in space) weren't merely a fanciful notion, they are real. Aliens can also "teleport" across vast distances presumably even without these "folds". 'Twould be folly to presume that our science knows all there is about the potential to travel across vast distances. "Light speed" lol.
>>
>>19283286
This didnt answer shit.
>>
>>19283205
You can not be mad at something that you think doesn't exist
>>
>>19283566
He hates his existance soo much that he claims gods not real as to how could he have let this happen to me. OR hes literally gay or supports/takes part in an activity that god condems therefore chooseing to believe that gods not real in an act of defiance. But deep down.. In his heart.. He knows god is real.
>>
>>19284114
nicely put
>>
>>19283028
>we now have weapons capable of melting eyes in their sockets, its likely that we're approaching technology that can extent our lives indefinitely so that we can have "And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them."
damn nigga, you just made me think

if our know universe explodes or if the sun is closer than we think or if we're in an enclosed universe, i.e. flat earth style then the earth would be melting after the sun explodes for what would be, an eternity and people (who weren't taken away) would be living forever, in this melting earth.....
>>
Its true.
>>
>>19280796
The holocaust didn't happen
>>
>>19283286
that sure would explain a lot.
but just where would said extraterrestrials be living, i mean its pretty hard to hid that sort of tech, or discrepancies in DNA
>>
>>19283369
Spacial Displacement. Warp the void around a person, stretch it far away. Let them step out of the warp onto a new planet.
>>
>>19286846
A U T I S M
>>
>>19278742
The end is always happening the rapture is always now. It is a personal process every time. There is only One Of Us.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.