[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Defenses against a skinwalker?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 9

File: wendigo.jpg (55KB, 999x799px) Image search: [Google]
wendigo.jpg
55KB, 999x799px
What sort of things can ward off a skinwalker? Any unique weapons or symbols? Do they dislike or hate certain materials? (like vampires with silver and garlic)

I live on the edge of the woods and weird stuff has been happening recently, including some animals being a little too social. Just the other day I had a lone deer follow me home.

I know it's probably just my mind taking things too far but it'd still be cool to know about things to have in case of skinwalkers. Anyone know of anything?

pic related, I guess
>>
Try your moms vag, everyone hates that.
>>
File: 287423iu45h4u3jh7.jpg (77KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
287423iu45h4u3jh7.jpg
77KB, 500x327px
I guess a normal hunting rifle or something of a high caliber. pic related
>>
>>19278064
Same as what would you use against bigfoot and other things that don't exist
>>
I should also mention I'm a blacksmith and mostly make knives but can do larger weapons too
>>
>>19278064
ash from a birch tree worked against one I had in my back yard a few years back, burned part of it's flesh off.
>>
>>19278128
Interesting but I don't have any birch trees in the area
>>
how become wendigo
>>
>>19278445
Put dick in blender
>>
>>19278064
You don't know very much about skinwalkers do you.
>>
>>19278064
Kill it with fire
>>
>>19278064
what kind of weird things?
>>
>>19278064
an actual skinwalker? or an /x/ "skinwalker"?
>>
>>19278128
tell me more

>>19278064
Holy water, Damascus steel, and one copy pasta i heard off the man injected cocain into a skinwalker that exploded shortly after
>>
>>19278064
forget all the shit in folklore. that shits just to make you feel safe at night. you need radical solutions to life problems

make a mercury gas grenade with thermite, a plastic cigar vial, a cut piece of cpvc pipe and end caps, a magnesium ribbon, some matches and match striking surface, a sparkler ,some string, rubber band and a drill

thats just a shopping list any one can make thermite if you cant put it together with that then there is no hope for you. you will be eaten. mercury gas is highly toxic this is not a generic smoke bomb. long term damage to your nervous system or death can happen if you are exposed so a gas mask is suggested

only make one if you fear you may fall victim to the things that go bump in the night and nobody will believe you without a carcass as proof
>>
>>19278064
Do you have a shapeshifter skinwalker
OR and actual Native American "Skinwalker"

One can be killed with silver Or overwhelming force. or other spiritual supplicants can help overcome them.

if you have an actual native American "Skinwalker" YOU ARE FUCKED>
>>
Got a picture of your mother in lingerie? That will scare off anything.
>>
File: images(2).jpg (4KB, 468x108px) Image search: [Google]
images(2).jpg
4KB, 468x108px
Personally, I prefer a 12 ga shotgun loaded with 00 Buckshot.
>>
>the one person in the thread willing to divulge actual information gets ignored entirely because he breaks RP
>>
>>19279995
Hey, could you tell me or link me something about Actual Skinwalkers? I have been lurking here for 2 years now but never really gave a shit about them, but it is so late at night (>2 hours and the sun will be up) that any spooky shit will do!
>>
>>19278064

They don't exist.

It was a simple Indian legend to describe mental illness.
>>
>>19280221
It's already dark here I dare not type much about it.

The more you know of the actual Skinwalker the more danger you are in. They feed off the fear of others.

They were Angles of the Native people messengers from their gods. Who stayed behind and were twisted by their own selfishness.

If this thread is still up by high noon tomorrow i'll post the name.
>>
Well, I highly doubt it, yet still...

By the way I live right next to a forest, is that skinwalker connected to the woods? Only small animals live here, foxes a few boars, never seen or heard a deer.
>>
>>19280265
why are you like this /x/? you take a subject so sacred and fear inducing that actual knowledge holders will hold their tongues and hoard knowledge from fear alone but then you tack on such shit to make it "scary".
>>
>>19279784
they were doing heroin
>>
>>19280300
The reason the "Actual Knowledge Holders" Hold their tounges is cause like I said.

>The more you know of the actual Skinwalker the more danger you are in. They feed off the fear of others.

What, I know of them I learned from an old shaman. Who was drunk as fuck at high noon. On holy ground in a sweat lodge. That's about as protected as one gets.

At, High Noon Behind my own wards and threshold i would not mind sharing more. But, At dusk when i have to walk to work in20 mins. NO FUCK THAT SHIT.
>>
>>19280315
while you're right about lodges you tack on shit like "angels" and "feeding off fear" and time of day.
>>
Sometimes /x/ legitimately makes me think that some people are not larping...

I wish I knew about this... Skinwalker...
>>
Can you at least tell why does knowledge make it more dangerous?
>>
>>19280330
"Angles"
Is like the easiest way to metaphor what kind of spirits they are.

IE Comparing them to something people already have an idea about to give them a grounding for the explanation.

"Feed off Fear"
again a metaphor it's not there actual Sustenance but they do savor it. The more fear their target feels the more they hunt/chase/Torture it

>Time of day
Sound and thought does not travel as far or as widely during the day since there's a lot of interference. Not so much at night.
>>
>>19280351
>"angels"
they're no such thing. the opposite if anything.
>"savor it'
entire nonsense/made up.
>"sound and thought'
again, tacked on extras. night time is just a nice camouflage for their actions. less people, less witnesses, harder to see, etc. same reason specops happen at night.
>>
>>19280397
also they're not "spirits" just like people aren't.
>>
Fuck it, I'm adopting a name for now.
>>19280344
If you know about them you're a threat to them. You could know who they are and tell others or know how to protect yourself from them. This makes you a target.
>>
>>19278064
Silver kills them.
>>
>>19280495
Silver does jackshit unless it's blessed.
>>
File: 1499455604067.gif (87KB, 192x197px) Image search: [Google]
1499455604067.gif
87KB, 192x197px
Sergei Mosin and John Browning have got your back OP

If you wanna be super good, just get yourself an Obrez
>>
>>19278064
That pic looks like Cernunnos not a wendigo
>>
>>19280265
lol None of that is true. Skinwalkers were shamans who performed certain rituals that allowed them to actually morph into an animal, as long as they had their pelt. Stop making mystical and cringy additions to something that is not near as sinister as you imply.

Also, Native folklore rarely has anything like angels. Animals and nature are the messengers of the gods, and usually the manifestation of the same.
>>
>>19280221
Don't listen to that tard. Actual skinwalker legend isn't really scary. They were just shamans with a special ritual that would allow them to morph into animals, as long as they had the pelt. They weren't sinister by nature, although some sinister shamans might have also been skinwalkers.
>>
>>19280397
There is stranger things in heaven and Earth if you no fair in the supernatural why are you even.
>>
>>19278115
Buster Sword
>>
>>19280397
>>19280417
>>19281145

Fuck it.

yee naaldlooshii
yee naaldlooshii
yee naaldlooshii

>It doesn't matter you're all skinnys protecting the secrets anyway.
>>
>>19278064
Some semblance of awareness of unity is all that's needed. Even if it's not consciously realized.
>>
>>19280510
Does the religion of the blesser matter? I'm a Dudeist Priest and am wondering if that'll work in a pinch.
>>
File: yee3.gif (341KB, 240x234px) Image search: [Google]
yee3.gif
341KB, 240x234px
>>19281197
>>
cover your skin in woad,get an axe and make yourself a rug.
>>
True loves first kiss can turn the skinwalker back. Ive seen it happen once in a documentary. I think kt was called shreek or shrek or somethings. Check it out.
>>
>>19278445
You don't become a wendigo, you become a skinwalker.
Wendigos are a whole different species that was never human.
Skinwalkers are rogue indian shamans who ate their family to get black magic shapeshifting superpowers. No reason non-indians couldn't do the same, even though retards are going to whine about appropriating culture or whatever.
>>
>>19281197
>yee naaldlooshii
Normal bullets work on those, don't even need to be silver.
>>
Tell them to fuck off or you'll call their mom
>>
>>19278064
Take off you skin
>>
File: 01359fa993.png (257KB, 579x454px) Image search: [Google]
01359fa993.png
257KB, 579x454px
>>19281547
It's the other way around dude.
>>
>>19281279
no idea. all i know is traditional prayers till you can get somewhere safe and get yourself cleansed and blessed with sage and ash then pray it doesn't remember your face.
>>
>>19282027
it's not.
skinwalker=used to be a man.
wendigo=wraith of nature and cold made manifest.
>>
File: 1499286744219.jpg (217KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1499286744219.jpg
217KB, 750x1334px
>>19282328
False, Wendigo's are spirits that take hold of humans after they cannabalize someone
>>
>>19281197
You can find that info on wikipedia you dumb larp
>>
>>19282398
You don't think that names that powerful have been publicly known for sometimes since they are major figures in a religion.
>>
>>19282375
False. The wendigo is an idea, a metaphor. You don't think every Native American story is literal do you?
>>
A high enough caliber. Isn't nothing on this planet that can't be killed with enough firepower.

People have killed bears with knives for fuck's sake. Granted usually the knifer has also died to wounds inflicted by the enraged bear, but..
>>
>>19282541
This. A .45 would be in your best interest if you think you're being stalked by a skinwalker. Fuck, it'll protect you from just about anything.
>>
How do I initiate sex with a wendigo??
I really really need that information for future projects.
>>
>>19278064
no such thing, go die
>>
>>19282402
Yes, but he's acting like it's some sort of sinister secret.
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 500x500px
>>19278064

Whatever you do, do NOT look up the actual name of Skinwalkers in Navajo

And do not think about the name or say it outdoors
>>
>>19283969
Some nig posted it, are we screwed?
>>
>>19280315
What do you know of the Dullahan?
Specifically the legend about them gleaning true names
>>
>>19283969
Looking for specifically the true name thing and how to get something that can learn true names. Specific items in creation like the iron/gold rod/scepter and a lot of the Fae
>>
>>19283984
where?
>>
>>19284631
In this thread
>>
>>19284631
In the Navajo language, yee naaldlooshii translates to "by means of it, [he or she] goes on all fours".[1] While perhaps the most common variety seen in horror fiction by non-Navajo people, the yee naaldlooshii is one of several varieties of Navajo witch, specifically a type of ’ánti’įhnii.[1] The legend of the skin-walkers is uncertain, mostly due to reluctance to discuss the subject with outsiders (in part because strangers may be witches themselves), thus people are led to draw their own conclusions from the stories they hear.[2]

Navajo people are reluctant to reveal skinwalker lore to non-Navajos, or to discuss it at all among those they do not trust.
>>
>>19284631
>yee naaldlooshii
>>19281197
>>19281555
>>
>>19284659
>>19284655
so am I fucked if I say it outside?
>>
>>19284672
You're theoretically fucked if you say it in Navajo.
>>
>>19284683
already said it nothing happened

get fucked spooky monster
>>
>>19278064
yES IM ALSO HAVING A SKION WALKER PROBLEM I ASKED FOCX NEWS FOR HELP AND THEY COULDNT HELP
>>
>>19284708
bruh, I ain't Navajo.
Besides I'm trying to attract one and use a Fae ritual against it
Well, those and 3 Barghest
>>
>>19284719
don't know what that is but good luck
>>
>>19284683
how do I do that?
>>
>>19284740
Danke
>>19284771
There are pronunciation guides that you can find, or you can try to get an actual Navajo to use. Finding their hunting grounds is just a matter of research though if you wish to deal with them directly. I'm not familiar with their etiquette though but I would imagine it's similar to demonolatry if you can manage to stay alive and prove your worth. Was going to try using grave dirt and finding their clan/earthly anchors and use a good liquor or rare animal pelt.
>>
>>19278064
The common theme in stories is fire. Trap it and burn it. I imagine incendiary ammunition would work as well but obviously this has not been tested.
>>
Jesus is the best defense.
>>
There nothing special deal with skin walker. They dont exist
>>
>>19278064
A healthy sanity level works well.
>>
>>19283548
.45 what? ACP, Long Colt, -70?
>>
>>19283969
If I say it on a city night am I screwed? Or do I have to be in a forest?
>>
>>19286081
Hope that's what you named your 12 gauge.
>>
>>19278445
Eat human meat during hard times
>>
>>19280397
Feed off fear, that shit is 100% true. I don't really know what the hell attacked me once but it felt like I was being electrocuted and the thing was enjoying watching it happen to me. Felt like hours but it was only minutes. SO yeah fuck right its real. No idea if it was a skin walker "Corrupt Angel" but I was reading a shit ton on it and months later that happened.
>>
Sex magic is the best way to defeat a skinwalker. Use the powers of masturbation on your domain. The next time you see it watching you, masturbate in it's general direction.
>>
>>19283548
All pistol rounds are shit you better be talking about .45-70
>>
>>19286840
Masturbating actually works against most paranormal entities. I was living in a house that was apparently haunted and almost every night I'd hear feet scraping around my room and something would pull my blankets down or sit on the corner of my bed at all hours.

It all stopped when I pulled my cock out and began masturbating whenever I began hearing or seeing these things.
>>
>>19287034
Have you tried cumming on the entity
>>
>>19287034
You're a fool. It did stop but...because it is WATCHING YOU!
>>
>>19287034
Make a run towards it right before you nut
>>
>>19286840
Topkek
>>
>>19280351

>angles
We talkin obtuse or
>>
>lets appropriate some native myths guys!
>>
>>19278086
For skinwalkers I think an "assault rifle" or battle rifle would be the way to go.
>Similar if not same caliber as big game hunting rifles
>Semi-Automatic and/or Full-Auto/Burst
>Detachable box magazines
>bayonet lug
>Price is anywhere from affordable to oofda (depends on model, manufacturer, NFA rifles [Real Assault Rifles] vs. unrestricted [Semi-autos], caliber, state and/or local laws, Burgerland vs. the rest of the world, etc etc.)

If you are unable to own a BR, assault rifle, or semi-automatics due to lack of freedoms/money get whatever big game rifle you can fire quickly and accurately. Personally I'd take a lever action over a boltgun in a defensive situation.
>>
File: Yenaldooshi.png (509KB, 600x952px) Image search: [Google]
Yenaldooshi.png
509KB, 600x952px
>>19282328
yenaldooshi= Shaman who commits great evil to gain great power including shapeshifting. Uses the skins of animals to take their forms. Proceeds to terrorize those around them, especially those who know their true name (usually family).
wendigo= What a person risks becoming after eating human flesh. A humanoid creature with an unending appetite for human flesh. Eternally stalking for its next meal.
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.