[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Odd Occurrence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: cabinet_back_without_rail.jpg (8KB, 400x374px) Image search: [Google]
cabinet_back_without_rail.jpg
8KB, 400x374px
I am aware that what I'm about to say is a small, insignificant occurrence but it was odd nonetheless.
>be me
>started working at an undisclosed fixture company 3 weeks ago
>my job is to get all the materials organized for the builders
>primarily prepare back panels, writing designations (job number, item number, and measurements) and all that
>get a small job, nothing special, just need to cut down a few backs
>cut down backs on table-saw, staple a rail to them since they're lower cabinets, and mark them with their designations
>send the job out to Builder 1
>5 minutes later builder calls me over
>what did I fuck up this time?

Now I should add that measurements when making different parts of a cabinet are a little confusing. The back must be 3/4 in less than the measurements of the box whereas the rail for the lowers must be 1 5/11 in shorter. this is so the back fits into the joints of the box and the rail sits between the walls without obstructing them. So, if i had a 27 in box, the back would be 26 1/4 in and the rail would be 23 11/16 in. Yeah, confusing, but it makes sense when you put it together.

>builder shows me that the back is 1/2 in short
>measure it
>the measurement should be correct
>maybe the rail is thinner than usual
>measure it
>measure others
>nope, standard rails
>maybe the box itself is the problem
>call over my coworker and only friend there
>he measures everything
>all good
>call supervisor and other, more experienced coworker
>measure everything 4 times over
>everything is the right size
>builder puts it back together
>missing 1/2 in
>mess around with it for a while
>nothing works, back won't fit correctly into the box regardless of having the proper measurement
>pull the job

I ended up having to custom cut backs for this cabinet. My coworker/friend joked about the missing 1/2 in for a little longer but I can't seem to let it go. It was just so bizarre. Can anyone explain this?
>>
Do you work for IKEA?
>>
You just unlocked eternal queer technologies that Elton John used years before.
>>
The missing 1/2 in was Friday. This is likely to be unrelated but today, I loaded up the staple gun with a fresh set of staples and I only got a few backs done before it was out. Also, I didn't sleep well at all last night which is highly unusual for me and while I was writing my story, my Mom called asking what I wanted for dinner and said she didn't sleep well either.
>>
>>19274551
I do not, we don't have IKEA's magic materials.
>>
Correction, a rail is supposed to be 1 5/16 shorter, not 1 5/11 shorter
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.