[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any amazing book about occult ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: grimoire-fred-1.jpg (262KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
grimoire-fred-1.jpg
262KB, 1000x750px
Greetings /x/,

I'm looking for a neat book for my holiday, since I won't be able to shitpost on the internet for 3 weeks. I have been lurking /x/ for some time while still being a casual in the paranormal field, and though I don't believe in anything in this board, I sure do love to read stories about paranormal events, spooky monster such as fleshgaits, and things like demonic rituals and such.

Thus, I'm looking for some kind of book, something that would be like, I dunno, some kind of encyclopedia of the occult, with descriptions of spooky monsters, stories about them, and other occult things.

Last time I went in a big mall center, I was looking in the occult section and it was full of boring and stupid shit written by absolute retards, and not related to my interest (maybe it's because I'm French and the realdeal is only in English books).

Does anyone have a good recommandation ? I was thinking about the Necronomicon but I'm not sure about this one. Thanks for reading.

(And no, I'm not ashamed of looking at these serious subject only for entertainment)
>>
bump for interest

>Thus, I'm looking for some kind of book, something that would be like, I dunno, some kind of encyclopedia of the occult, with descriptions of spooky monsters, stories about them, and other occult things.
>>
>>19272687
Yes. most of them.

https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
>>
File: new wall.gif (4MB, 446x250px) Image search: [Google]
new wall.gif
4MB, 446x250px
go read a bible you stupid, stupid, stupid bitch.
>>
>>19272778
not OP
still waiting on an 380some kb pdf to transfer...
>>
>>19272778
Interesting, though I'm not sure if I will find the holy Grail I'm looking for, since there are so much files!
>>19272778
I asked for occult and paranormal, not fairytails but thank you
>>
>>19272843
>I asked for occult and paranormal, not fairytails but thank you

I'm not Christian, but you really are a novice in the occult... Don't throw the baby out with the bath water anon
>>
>>19272912
I'm willing to bet they meant to send that to:
>>19272802
>>
>>19272921
>>19272912
ye
>>
>>19272843
But anon you will come to realize that Jesus was a true master of alchemy. Healing the sick, turning water to wine, raising the dead, walking on water etc..
>>
>>19272687
>I was thinking about the Necronomicon but I'm not sure about this one
there is basically no 'necronomicon'. there's H.R. Giger's one that is an artbook, the simon necronomicon which is just bastardized mesopotamian myths with lovecraft shit mixed in, and then the necronomicon collection which is just a load of lovecraft stories

I say just pick up something like Prometheus Rising
>>
>>19273002
OP here,

Though I might have exagerate a bit (occult can be seen like some kind of fairytale too if you think about it), I really am not interested in the bible for my holiday.

As a matter of fact, I own a Bible (I was curious), I read something like 2/10 of it, and it was horribly boring and badly written, to a point I couldn't bear to read it anymore. Sure, there are some interesting stories like this one about the Babbel tower, but for 10 line of good content, you get a hundred pages about some faggots and their bloodline doing stupid war, travels and shit.

Plus, it doesn't suit what I'm looking for, as stated in my very first post. No Bible for me, thank you.
>>
>>19273019
Yes, I know the necronomicon originate from Lovecraft (or am I mistaken), and then some people decided to make these books for dollaroos, thus the reason I'm not confident about taking of these "adaptation"
>>
File: tmp_3786-The Occult-2022403406.jpg (2MB, 2009x1978px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_3786-The Occult-2022403406.jpg
2MB, 2009x1978px
>>19273031
Fair enough, OP. I'm currently reading The Occult, perhaps this might be one you'd enjoy?

Hope you have a great holiday!
>>
The occult you speak of is everything but occult. You might want to check out some of the edgier fantasy fictions around if you're just in for a lil fun ride.

I'd suggest Wayne Barlowe, his art is tight as fuck and I've heard the stories he's written around his own hellscape are pretty noife.

Clive Barker would be a good choice too. Check out his "Great and Secret show"
>>
File: FB_IMG_1499025073918.jpg (10KB, 670x536px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1499025073918.jpg
10KB, 670x536px
Oh, et une derniere recommandation.

Prometheus Rising. En anglais par contre. C'est une bonne entrée en matière sur les sujets abordés par pas mal d'école de pensée que tu qualifierai d'occulte, en plus d'être bien écrit, fun, et pratique sur plein de choses.

Pour aussi info occulte veux dire cahé, dissimulé. Rien a voir avec les clichés de démons, sorciers, et autres conneries holywoodiennes façon Dr. Strange.

Tu donnes clairement l'impression d'évoquer ça comme si c'était un simple registre de livre, comme Jeunesse ou Polar. Ce ne l'est pas.
>>
>>19273106
Désolé, je suis loin d'être un connaisseur, d'ou l'association erronée que j'ai effectuée, mais je prends bonne note de ta recommandation.
(Pour autant, je ne dis pas non aux sujets clichés)
>>
File: Collage 2017-07-10 14_24_49.jpg (114KB, 720x1081px) Image search: [Google]
Collage 2017-07-10 14_24_49.jpg
114KB, 720x1081px
See pic
>>
File: petit albert.jpg (143KB, 1000x582px) Image search: [Google]
petit albert.jpg
143KB, 1000x582px
>>19272687
>I'm French and the realdeal is only in English books
Oh come on, now. There was a ton of magical study going on in France.
>>
>>19273180
I understand the first choice but why the second? I think that MPH references the Book of Enoch multiple times but I have never read it. What's the underlying esoteric message?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.