[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is The Elder Scrolls a secret plan to make people sell their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 15

File: Skyrim Hell.jpg (103KB, 796x599px) Image search: [Google]
Skyrim Hell.jpg
103KB, 796x599px
Is The Elder Scrolls a secret plan to make people sell their souls to demons?
>>
>Azura
A Prince who maintains/draws power from the balance of night and day, light and dark

>Boethiah
The Prince of deceit, secrecy, conspiracy, treason, and unlawful overthrow of authority

>Clavicus Vile
The Prince of deals, pacts, power, bargains, and serenity through wish fulfillment.

>Hermaeus Mora
The formless Daedric Prince of knowledge and memory, seeks to possess all that is knowable

>Hircine
The Prince of the hunt, sport, the Great Game, and the Chase

>Jyggalag
The Prince of logical order and deduction, upholds strict order above all else

>Malacath
The Prince whose sphere is the patronage of the spurned and ostracized

>Mehrunes Dagon
The Prince of destruction, violent upheaval, energy, and mortal ambition

>Mephala
The Prince of unknown plots and obfuscation, a master manipulator, a sewer of discord

>Meridia
The Prince of the energies of all living things, enemy of the undead and all who disrupt the flow of life

>Molag Bal
The Prince of domination and spiritual enslavement, seeks to ensnare souls within his domain

>Namira
The Prince of the "ancient darkness," the patron of all things considered repulsive
Nocturnal – The Prince of the night and darkness, the patron of all things secretive

>Peryite
The Taskmaster, the Daedric Prince of Pestilence, desires order in his domain
Sanguine – The Prince of hedonism, debauchery, and the further indulgences of one's darker nature

>Sheogorath
The infamous Prince of Madness, whose motives are unknowable

>Vaermina
The Prince of dreams and nightmares, a deliverer of evil omens and dark portents
Azura
>>
You cannot sell your soul to demons.
Only God owns your soul and 'selling' your soul to god is no more of a sin than masturbation or using God's name in vain.
>>
>>19272420
Well it's an rpg. You don't have to become a champion for the princes, but loot is a thing and achievements are a thing soooo...
>>
>>19272420
It's a game series you fucking idiot, not real life.
>>
>>19272462
Yes but rituals are an act of symbolism too, like AIs are symbols for people - they aren't real, like you do not really drink jesus' blood and eat his body - rituals are an act of symbolism
>>
>>19272469
Why would these demons be happy that fictional creations are being honoured instead of them?
>>
>>19272477
Moag Baal - Moloch Baal

Azura - Azura

they have the same names many of them as in real life
>>
>>19272420
No it's just a fucking video game you moron. Stop being a bitch. Magic doesn't equal hurr Durr satanic conspiracy.
>>
>>19272484
So humans do this crazy thing where we reuse and tweak myths for new stories. Instead of watching illuminati conspiracy videos, read some carl jung if you really want to become "enlightened".
>>
>>19272420
What mod?
>>
File: 1497904902144.jpg (7KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
1497904902144.jpg
7KB, 284x177px
>>19272433
>Jyggalagboo
>The Prince of logical order and deduction, upholds strict order above all else
>>
>>19272433
Meridia would be pretty cool if not for the whole "lol mortal you're so stupid and primitive" attitude.
>>
>>19272420
no because it's just a videogame, no different than watching a movie

movies are used to condition the populace into doing things in the future though quite often so...
>>
>>19272484
Yeah that one was pretty weird, unsettled me on Skyrim a while ago.

OP has a point about symbolism but it depends on how closely you associate and how 'into' the game you are.
I'd say it more likely that it desensitizes those who would otherwise care that they are serving a dark power but no contract as such is made by sacrificing your AI follower to Boethiah IMHO.
>>
>>19272433
They should make an elder scrolls game around Hircines realm. It would have awesome beasts
>>
>>19272469
Yes.

Also, Mass Effect. Choices.

To be very specific these are the first sets of rituals, if you will, that gauge a person's reactions to being offered morality choices, out of a possible finite many--particularly the kind where there isn't a clear right or wrong, but just mutually exclusive routes, which is exactly the kind you experience in reality. And people play games in different ways--some choice morality routes specifically because they are the direct opposite of how they view their physical reality.

To be even more specific, games are increasingly being designed in such a way, that they can be used as the first set of digital layers, which present you with incrasingly realistic responses in physical reality, if you adhere to the roleplaying aspects of the game you project your personality into. You can think of the characters as true idols, authentic representations of a portion of humanity's hopes for the future, and the more closely you adhere these characters, the sooner that an entity will notice that you're a roleplayer, and offer you a metaphorical dialogue wheel.

The difference being that the wheel from higher dimensions won't offered as language. It will be offered as analogy, based on your perspective of what is here and now.
>>
>>19272674
In Elder Scrolls Online, you get a glimpse of part of it, when you go to become a werewolf. Not much but it give a small idea. It could end up like Player Unknown's Battlegrounds.

not 100% sure but http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Sporting_Chance

I think this is part of the eternal hunt maybe not but it reminds me of it.
>>
File: 1470653366113.jpg (173KB, 754x723px) Image search: [Google]
1470653366113.jpg
173KB, 754x723px
>>19272420
Yes. just see how much Crowley influence there is in the lore
>>
>>19272971
that's probably why the ingame books are so good. I wish i got paid to do hard drugs and write in game lore. FUCK
>>
>>19272598
Archetypes transform through time, but this only tells us that it is possible for a deity or a demon to still exist when it's story and name is changed - Jung's theory enforces my claim.
>>
File: tumblr_o37u6rTCwj1t1nw3co1_1280.jpg (2MB, 853x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o37u6rTCwj1t1nw3co1_1280.jpg
2MB, 853x1280px
>>19272469
>like you do not really drink jesus' blood and eat his body
proddies get out

The only game where you need to conduct a ritual to summon a daedric prince or lesser daedra is Daggerfall IIRC, they're just NPC encounters in the rest of the games.
If they wanted to teach people magic they wouldn't give you fireballs spells from opening a single book.
>>
>>19273037
That's why they are not teaching you anything - they are just milking you of power. You are like cattle to them.
>>
>>19272971
kek
>>
>>19272420
What's the source for that image?
>>
>>19272420
Maybe, possibly, wouldn't be surprised at this point!

But JEEZ has anyone delved into its cosmology (specifically Morrowind's lore via Michael Kirkbride)?

>Universe holding Nirn is really a Dream of the sleeping Godhead that spawned creation, the beings that would be tricked into creating Nirn, etc.
>It was remade from the last Dream and Godhead, thus you still have the Hist and Daedra (which are space entities af); Aedra left Nirn from their space[ship] tower.
>Realizing the reality around you is a Dream totally negates your purpose/existence within that dream. Poof! Vanished! Dwemer???
>Some who realize their world is a Dream say "wtf nah I realized this, I am god" and gain the ability to control and shape reality (the Dream) itself. CHIM!
>Video game characters realizing they are video game characters and that they have more control than others like them believe.

The more I look back on it, the more TES is woke as all hell.
>>
>>19274112
Google, you can properly find the source if you image search it
>>
>>19272420
no they were humans using demonic activity, it sells obviously
>>
>>19272626
Well she is a god so she's at least somewhat justified in her attitude. Also at least she's never fucked anyone ever like how Azura cursed the Dunmer to have ashen skin and eyes like fire.
>>
File: night mother identity.jpg (90KB, 600x823px) Image search: [Google]
night mother identity.jpg
90KB, 600x823px
>>19274136
>It was remade from the last Dream and Godhead, thus you still have the Hist and Daedra
There's nothing from the higher dream in TES, only from different kalpas (mundus reboots when destroyed)
The Hist are suggested to be from earlier kalpas. "The only survivors of the twelve worlds of Creation were the Ehlnofey and the Hist."
Daedra are simply Et'Ada that didn't take part in Mundus' creation and thus are not bound to it and can manipulate it. I'm not sure if they're able to trans-kalpic but it would make sense as Oblivion is outside of Mundus and would not be affected by the system.
> Poof! Vanished! Dwemer???
The Dwemer did not zerosum. if the had there would be no memory or proof of their existence.
They turned themselves into a robot god that denies existence so hard it stops existing. perhaps in an attempt to wake Anu.
>>
>>19274330
Meridia is actually described in some lore texts to be a Magne-Ge, the Children of Magnus. It was they who fled the creation of Nirn through the Void, ripping the holes in the sky (stars) in the process.

Meridia is the only one who remained, and even before the other Daedra begrudgingly accepted her into their ranks, she had a particular influence over the "Rainbow Road" that stretched the length of Aka... or Time.

She was chief of the Ayleids for a reason not entirely stated in games so far, 'least that I've seen. Her worship as a Daedra rarely considers her dominion over the Road on which Time runs... and some unknown purpose behind the necessary destruction of all undeath and necromancy.

What does the last of the children of Magnus, who walks the road of Time, see in store for Mundus and the Dream? Why does she refuse to fade away, warning and protecting? What does she know???

The real questions about TES are never asked.
>>
>>19274397
Meridias prominence among the Ayleids does make sense because they held light in all its forms in high regards. It's only logical for them to revere the most prominent and active Magne-Ge or bringer of light, Meridia.

As to why she stayed and did not leave, being labeled as a Deadra as a consequence, it is a question without answer. This is just speculation but I believe that Meridia stayed in order to see Mundus grow and live on. She may be one of the more benevolent deities because she loves life and wishes to nurture it and to protect it, hence why she has a hatred of undead and a rivalry with Molag Bal, who is one of the more likely Daedra to destroy all life on Nirn.
>>
We have to go deeper
Ion of Plato tells us that the gods speak through the artists' natural inspiration - that is how homer can speak about the gods: because the gods speak through him.
What if the gods/demons speak through the writers of TES?
>>
>>19274455
Parts of the truth are hidden in all works of man, from religion to video game. TES has surprising amounts of credibility, as many works with fantasy writing do.
>>
File: IMG_2526.png (58KB, 1341x359px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2526.png
58KB, 1341x359px
>>
File: Creed of the Thalmor.jpg (83KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
Creed of the Thalmor.jpg
83KB, 500x501px
Why is it that TES threads are so good on all boards except /vg/?
>>
Anyone else on /x/ play elder scrolls online on PS4?
>>
>>19275089

>"per" in peryite is selected for no reason

This triggers my autism
>>
File: adf.jpg (27KB, 600x498px) Image search: [Google]
adf.jpg
27KB, 600x498px
>>19276916
>>
If the Gods were to appear in a mortal form, they'd all be Mer.
>>
File: seen any elves.png (60KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
seen any elves.png
60KB, 256x240px
>>19278543
>this is what altmer actually believe
>>
File: tineye.png (99KB, 1031x372px) Image search: [Google]
tineye.png
99KB, 1031x372px
>>19274234
Different anon but courtesy;
>>
>>19272484
>>Azura
>Ishtar and new age pagan gods
>>Boethiah
>Marxist/anarchist interpretation of satan/god
>>Clavicus Vile
faustian demons
>>Hermaeus Mora
Lovecraftian entity
>>Hircine
Pagan hunting gods
>>Malacath
Demons as patrons of social outcast
>>Mehrunes Dagon
Dark parallel to Shiva/Kali
>>Mephala
Refrence to DND
>>Meridia
Fallen angel
>>Molag Bal
Generic depiction of satan
>>Namira
Medieval depiction of pagan gods as demons(Astaroth,Lilith)
>Nocturnal
Nyx from greek mythology
>>Peryite
Dark parallel to the main god of the series(akatosh)
>Sanguine
Belphegor
>>
>>19272604
Not OP, but it's either Pit of Sorrow or Hellspire: Realm of the Fallen. Neither of them are very good.
>>
>>19280230
>Generic depiction of satan
Moloch and Baal are not satan - moloch is the golden cow in the bible people sacrifice their firstborn child to in flames in a ritual called holocaust
>>
>>19280716
OP here - it was hellspire
>>
File: fargoth.jpg (10KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
fargoth.jpg
10KB, 320x180px
Never forget the one true God.
>>
>>19272433
Hermaeus Mora is besst
>>
Best /x/ thread. Please live on and prosper into the next setting sun.
>>
File: Adoring-Fan.jpg (76KB, 648x568px) Image search: [Google]
Adoring-Fan.jpg
76KB, 648x568px
>>19281696
Not him, him.
>>
File: 1499435745001.png (8KB, 250x341px) Image search: [Google]
1499435745001.png
8KB, 250x341px
>>19272420
If so it only works on weak minded plebeians
>>
>>19272420
You idiot, you collect souls from demons to buy stuff, play some dark souls before writing bullshit.
>>
>>19272992
That would be a cool job.
>>
>>19283641
you collect souls in soul gems to enchant your items pal
>>
>>19283681
>enchant your items
Yes, but also you buy items and levels.
>>
File: average poster on this board.png (622KB, 840x524px) Image search: [Google]
average poster on this board.png
622KB, 840x524px
>>
>>19281696
you forgot Hjalti Early-Beard my dude
>>
>>19283705
who's this guy i've played like literally 8000 hours of Oblivion how have i never seen him
>>
>>19284810
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Amiable_Fanriene
>>
>>19284838
holy shit, nice. this is why I love TES
>>
Nigga what are you smoking
>>
>>19284864
Oh i miss Shivering Isles!
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.