[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tga/ - The Greentext Archive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: logo.png (220KB, 1222x613px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
220KB, 1222x613px
FINALLY WORKING EDITION

Discord: https://discord.gg/tQKeagW

The Greentext Archive is a project that aims to create a singular archive, or storage for all greentexts, ever.
We believe that preservation of these works is essential for internet culture.

On our to-do list:
>Creating a decent forum -- we are still debating whether to use MyBB, phpBB or vBulletin. Another alternative is adding images to the existing danbooru forum software (something we're not quite sure how to do yet).
>Fixing the wonky CSS on the danbooru pages
>Adding a donation button
>Adding a browse feature outside of danbooru
>Making the mainpage prettier (we are taking suggestions on this btw, join our discord if you feel like you can help)
>Adding more greentexts.

If you'd like to help, enter the discord server and apply to upload your greentexts.
>>
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sYDDnqfJZs
>>
>>19270559
anon, the design of the website is annoying for the human eye, maybe some other color would be better

Aside from the layout, dude, what a great idea!
I'll be reading some texts on my spare time, maybe someday I'll upload the ones I've saved

Now, iImagine that lots of people use this website, how can you stop it from getting flooded with tons of the same story?
Is there an easier way to put the stories there?

Just a tip: I use screengrab for mozilla firefox to screecap all the stuff on my webpage
>>
BASED TOXICOLOGIST LOVE YOUR VIDS
>>
File: 1488211352294.png (924KB, 1246x866px) Image search: [Google]
1488211352294.png
924KB, 1246x866px
add a random greentext button at the top so when you click random from the home page you can keep hitting it to go to another random instead of having to go back to home page
>>
>>19270559
Couldn't there be a way to host the greentexts in plaintext instead so that they're all fully searchable?
>>
Already been done kinda
https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0B_yEDN2T6KIGMlVBWEYyQ25LM3M?usp=sharing
>>
Great idea OP! I fucking love greentexts and would love to have a resource which archives all this.
>>
>>19271533
Thanx anon
>>
>>19271533
Nice find. Ill work on uploading those onto the main website.

>>19270672
We know the CSS is shit. Will be fixed in the near future.

>>19270708
Another thing we'll be working on.

>>19271446
In the future we plan on making a 'plaintext' portion of the website with either bots or humans translating the images into text.
>>
>>19270672
Also, answering your other questions:

>how do you stop it from getting flooded?
There's four "ranks" on the website: Member, builder, moderator, admin. Members can't upload, only builders and up. (Which is why you need to submit stuff through the forums). This should, in theory, stop any spamming since only trustworthy users can become builders to begin with, and mods/admins will only be uploading images submitted through the forums.

>is there an easier way?
If you've proven to be a valuable contributor to the website, we can 'upgrade' your rank to Builder, so you can upload greentexts onto the main archive instantly.
>>
File: 1495861026012.png (884KB, 1214x1074px) Image search: [Google]
1495861026012.png
884KB, 1214x1074px
limiting uploading to members is a quick way to kill your site. considering greentext exclusively come from anonymous posters, you cant expect anyone to wait around for you to graciously allow them to upload their content. just deal with moderating it if you actually care about this project, otherwise it will never take off
>>
>>19274005
This tbqh.
>>
>>19274005
noted
>>
File: yeet.jpg (376KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
yeet.jpg
376KB, 600x800px
>>19274992
Make more videos.
>>
File: 1490646308507.jpg (17KB, 304x234px) Image search: [Google]
1490646308507.jpg
17KB, 304x234px
>>19275228
noted
>>
File: new.png (318KB, 1211x938px) Image search: [Google]
new.png
318KB, 1211x938px
Okay guys BIG UPDATE!

The website has now entered version 2.0!

We have:

>new layout (looks infinitely better, pic related)
>search function (coming soon)

Thank fucking god for mister amazing (he designed the new layout)
>>
>>19274005
also anon, everyone can upload now :)
>>
>>19270559
the queen layeth flat
>>
Most green texts are fucking garbage, just like you retards
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.