[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who is god to you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: bruges.jpg (535KB, 2250x1536px) Image search: [Google]
bruges.jpg
535KB, 2250x1536px
who is god to you?
>>
>>19269568
GOD is a word symbol designating all personalizations of Deity. The term requires a different definition on each personal level of Deity function and must be still further redefined within each of these levels, as this term may be used to designate the diverse co-ordinate and subordinate personalizations of Deity; for example: the Paradise Creator Sons—the local universe fathers.
>>
>>19269568
a dickhead
>>
>>19269568
A teddy bear that people use to help them sleep at night rather than face the facts of the universe and death.
>>
>>19269568
A placebo.
>>
My own mind
>>
An archtype personality or state of conciousness
>>
File: jaganath.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
jaganath.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>>19269568
The Isopanishad's invocation gives a definition of the Absolute Truth. Note the translation at the end is taking a Personalist view of the verse.

>oṁ pūrṇam adaḥ pūrṇam idaṁ
>pūrṇāt pūrṇam udacyate
>pūrṇasya pūrṇam ādāya
>pūrṇam evāvaśiṣyate

oṁ - invocation, the absolute truth - that which is true no matter the time place or circumstance
pūrṇam - complete, whole, perfect, full
adaḥ - that
idaṁ -this (the phenomenal world)
pūrṇāt - quality of purnam, completeness
udacyate - to produce
pūrṇasya - a conjugate of pūrṇam, "of the complete", "regarding the complete", or "due to completeness"
ādāya - taking, picking up
eva - thus, certainly
avaśiṣyate — remains

>The Personality of Godhead is perfect and complete, and because He is completely perfect, all emanations from Him, such as this phenomenal world, are perfectly equipped as complete wholes. Whatever is produced of the Complete Whole is also complete in itself. Because He is the Complete Whole, even though so many complete units emanate from Him, He remains the complete balance.

But this is "what," not "who."
>>
File: krishna-kalpa-vriksha.jpg (253KB, 800x985px) Image search: [Google]
krishna-kalpa-vriksha.jpg
253KB, 800x985px
>>19270201
The first verse of the 5th Chapter of the Brahma-Samhita expands on the Personalist definition of the Absolute Truth, and declares two "naming/labeling" descriptions.

>Īśvaraḥ paramaḥ kṛṣṇaḥ
>sac-cid-ānanda-vigrahaḥ
>anādir ādir govindaḥ
>sarva-kāraṇa-kāraṇam

īśvaraḥ — controller
paramaḥ — supreme
kṛṣṇaḥ — Lord Kṛṣṇa (though usually understood to mean "blackish", the word kṛṣṇaḥ can be understood to be a compound of kṛṣ "to draw toward/attract" and ṇaḥ "spiritual pleasure" thus kṛṣṇaḥ is also "the all-attractive" or "the reservoir of pleasure")
sat — comprising eternal existence
cit — absolute knowledge
ānanda — and absolute bliss
vigrahaḥ — whose form
anādiḥ — without beginning
ādiḥ — the origin
govindaḥ — Lord Govinda ("go" can mean cow, the senses, or the land; "vinda" means "keeper" or "one who brings pleasure"; thus Govinda simultaneously means "cowherd", and "one who brings pleasure to the cows, the land, and the senses")
sarva-kāraṇa-kāraṇam — the cause of all causes.

>Kṛṣṇa who is known as Govinda is the Supreme Godhead. He has an eternal blissful spiritual body. He is the origin of all. He has no other origin and He is the prime cause of all causes.

There are many songs, poems, essays, and stories about the personality of Sri Krishna, if you wish to know more.
>>
File: star-wars-yoda1.jpg (55KB, 620x375px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-yoda1.jpg
55KB, 620x375px
There are many gods. As for me, I'm fine with the Force.
>>
all that is
>>
the ability to form your own meaning
>>
>>19269620
Weird, none of my teddy bears ever struck fear into my heart and straightened my character out and taught me unconditional love
>>
>>19269568
Satchitananda, or Sarguna Brahman in the form of the Divine Mother.
>>
>>19269568
the haemorrhoid on my ass
>>
god+anubis or anubis+thoth or any archangel+memory
>>
There are many gods with a little 'g'.

But only one true God

>>He-Who-Is is ineffable. No principle knew him, no authority, no subjection, nor any creature from the foundation of the world, except he alone. For he is immortal and eternal, having no birth; for everyone who has birth will perish. He is unbegotten, having no beginning; for everyone who has a beginning has an end. No one rules over him. He has no name; for whoever has a name is the creation of another. He is unnameable. He has no human form; for whoever has human form is the creation of another. He has his own semblance - not like the semblance we have received and seen, but a strange semblance that surpasses all things and is better than the totalities. It looks to every side and sees itself from itself. He is infinite; he is incomprehensible. He is ever imperishable (and) has no likeness (to anything). He is unchanging good. He is faultless. He is everlasting. He is blessed. He is unknowable, while he (nonetheless) knows himself. He is immeasurable. He is untraceable. He is perfect, having no defect. He is imperishably blessed. He is called 'Father of the Universe'.
>>
Is electricity a force of god?
>>
>>19269568
Bruges truly is a marvel to behold

God is the Almighty Father, our Lord
>>
>>19269568
Allah, a based alien
>>
>>19270208
Dude teach me. I need a guru or a teacher or sanyasi or a śramana or anything to show me how the fuck to find this fucking god I keep going on on about
>>
>>19271360
no offense to Bhakta, but I think you might be a step ahead of him
>>
>>19271372
Oh come on what are you on about
>>
Quentin Tarantino
>>
File: maha-mantra.png (64KB, 600x239px) Image search: [Google]
maha-mantra.png
64KB, 600x239px
>>19271360
Mantra meditation. The best way to find someone is to call out to them. Most traditions have a way of addressing the Supreme. Lord Jesus gave The Lord's Prayer, for instance. If you don't have a traditional address, Gaudiya Vaishnavas put special emphasis on the maha-mantra (pic). Put all your attention into your mantras, all your desire to find God - like a child crying out for mother.

>>19271372
True, but what can I do? Even if faulty, I must try and serve the servant of Krishna. It's the only way to move forward, even if I'm stumbling. Though I don't presume to compare myself to the great saintly personalities, we can see at the highest levels the teacher/student dynamic doesn't go away. Krishna had a guru, Buddha had several teachers, Jesus was baptized.
>>
>>19272312
I was just kidding Bhakta you're clearly superior
>>19271380
sorry senpai
>>
Everything
>>
>>19270219
>>19272386

The All is the Gnostic God. Gnosticism or Hermeticism teaches mankind that we are better then the gods but that there is One even higher.

The Unknowable God.
>>
>>19269568
God is not a 'who'.
>>
>>19269568
fuck brugge
>>
>>19273318

>>He-Who-Is is ineffable. No principle knew him, no authority, no subjection, nor any creature from the foundation of the world, except he alone. For he is immortal and eternal, having no birth; for everyone who has birth will perish. He is unbegotten, having no beginning; for everyone who has a beginning has an end. No one rules over him. He has no name; for whoever has a name is the creation of another. He is unnameable. He has no human form; for whoever has human form is the creation of another. He has his own semblance - not like the semblance we have received and seen, but a strange semblance that surpasses all things and is better than the totalities. It looks to every side and sees itself from itself. He is infinite; he is incomprehensible. He is ever imperishable (and) has no likeness (to anything). He is unchanging good. He is faultless. He is everlasting. He is blessed. He is unknowable, while he (nonetheless) knows himself. He is immeasurable. He is untraceable. He is perfect, having no defect. He is imperishably blessed. He is called 'Father of the Universe'.
>>
>>19270937
charge is one of them
>>
>>19273343
>He
>Who

Lol, no.
>>
"All the gods, all the heavens, and all the hells are within you"
>>
>>19269568
Call it God. The Universe. The Source. The Self. Me. You. What matters is this:

It is everything. And it sees through all things. It is birthless, deathless, fearless, and desireless. It is the creator, sustainer, and destroyer of all reality. It is the dreamer and the dream. Most importantly, it is you.
>>
File: 1499405022220.jpg (310KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1499405022220.jpg
310KB, 2560x1600px
The tao
>>
>>19269568
He is the Sky Father. He impregnates the Earth Mother with rain and renews life in the world.

He's also the personification of social order. He can either be a wise leader and father figure, or an authoritarian tyrant. He is order and while his wife is the chaotic beauty of nature (though, she can be monstrous as well).
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.