[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prove to me Jesus wasn't the reincarnation of Buddha

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (979KB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
979KB, 4032x3024px
Prove to me Jesus wasn't the reincarnation of Buddha
>>
I will just as soon as you prove to me that either of those mythological figures actually existed.
>>
>>19268207
You prove to me that I'm not the reincarnation of Jebus's dad !
>>
>>19268207

Prove to me that my dad isn't the reincarnation of Millard Fillmore
>>
>>19268207
Prove to me that my dog isn't the reincarnation of Nina Simone.
>>
>>19268211
More ecidence suggests they existed than there is that they didn't
>>
>>19268211
>Jesus and Buddha both didn't exist.
The quality of skeptics on /x/ has really dropped. The existence of either has been considered fact by suitable historical evidence. Claims of the divinity, on the other hand, are more up for discussion.
>>
>>19268231
Please provide said evidence.
Hint: the Bible doesn't count.
>>
>>19268237
Again, please cite your sources. I haven't read anything of that nature, but if you can provide articles from a credible source, I will happily change my mind.
>>
>>19268245
https://www.bethinking.org/jesus/ancient-evidence-for-jesus-from-non-christian-sources
>>
>>19268238
The Holy Grail
>>
>>19268207
Prove to me that the Buddha wasn't the reincarnation of Jesus. Or is your interpretation of time strictly linear?
>>
Was Buddah able to heal?
right.

Jesus = SUPERIOR LITERATURE HERO THAN BUDDAH - IMO
>>
>>19268254
His death is documented man. Jesus was and is real
>>
>>19268254
>https://www.bethinking.org/jesus/ancient-evidence-for-jesus-from-non-christian-sources

>Written by Michael Gleghorn

When I clicked to view Gleghorn's resources, this was all that popped up:
>"Michael Gleghorn is a research associate with Probe Ministries. He earned a B.A. in psychology from Baylor University and a Th.M. in systematic theology from Dallas Theological Seminary. He is currently pursuing a Ph.D. in theology from Dallas Theological Seminary."

So his credentials are his education... education that is based in theology, not science or world history. He did not cite any outside sources in his article.This is equivalent to a tumblr fanatic getting a Ph.D in gender studies and writing articles about how it is "proven" that there are exactly 36 different possible genders, without citing any sources.

Please feel free to try again.
>>
>>19268245
Rawlinson, Hugh George. (1950) A Concise History of the Indian People, Oxford University Press. p. 46.

Muller, F. Max. (2001) The Dhammapada And Sutta-nipata, Routledge (UK). p. xlvii. ISBN 0-7007-1548-7.

India: A History. Revised and Updated, by John Keay: "The date [of Buddha's meeting with Bimbisara] (given the Buddhist 'short chronology') must have been around 400 BCE."
>>
>>19268267
The Indiana Jones movies, while excellent, do not qualify as credible proof.

>>19268278
Documented where? Again, the Bible doesn't count.
>>
>>19268254

None of those documents are contemporaneous to Jesus' life. In fact almost all of them are from after the gospels were written, so may be based on the written or oral stories of Jesus from the gospels.
>>
>>19268293
We'll then let me hop in my time machine and take a fuckin picture for ya. You're too smart for your own damn good
>>
>>19268290
Finally, an argument that might not be pure conjecture.

I am interested in these works. Is there a place online where I can read them?
>>
>>19268207
Jesus, as we know, formally, may have never existed. The Christ figure head, however, the anointed one, the enlightened one coming back to reveal knowledge and wisdom to mankind in order so that they may follow the same path of ascension.

Jesus himself could have been anyone from Thoth, Enoch, Ezekiel, Melchizedek, etc, etc.

But what Jesus represents is the path of the Bodhisattva... whereas the Buddha signals the path of reunion with the divine energy that IS.

Buddha, once he reached this state, could not incarnate anymore for he became one with God.

A Bodhisattva, similar to a Buddha, but unlike one in that a Bodhisattva is enlightened, but choose to for go the reunion process of complete serenity bliss, wholeness, etc, in order to enlighten and free the soul sparks of those throughout the Universe and multiple existences who forget who they are.

A Buddha's job is done, nothing wrong with it, but I personally feel there's more fun to be had as a Bodhisattva travelling from planet to planet, realm to realm, plane to plane, etc and seeing the satisfaction of uplifting or freeing an entire subset of the whole.
>>
>>19268298

The thing is, Jesus lived in an area governed by the Roman Empire. He supposedly raised people from the dead, and cured lepers. He was supposedly tried and crucified as an enemy of the state. And yet there exists not a single written document produced during his lifetime that refers to him?

Even the gospels weren't written down until 50-100 years after he died, by people that had never met him.
>>
>>19268302
They are available on Amazon, but I couldn't find a scan of them online for you.
>>
>>19268314
I've always wondered if documentation of Jesus was destroyed with the raid of Jerusalem.
>>
>>19268344
Fair enough, thanks anyway for checking. I'll look into it a bit harder.
>>
>>19268314
Then you'll never get your proof, I've seen enough to have faith. It really does take faith I can't convince you. I also don't believe the shroud of torrin was fake but you will say it is.

I believe both these enlightend individuals existed. But in reality that doesn't even matter. What matters is that the world turned their back on their great truth. One way to source through Buddha if your not a society person and another through Jesus if your in society. However the majority of the world doesn't care about that. "Well you can't prove to me that he existed so I'll just take his message of love and shove it" what a stupid way to think about it, if you don't believe they taught great truths, regardless of even existing, then idk what to say
>>
>>19268358

The shroud of Turin was carbon dated to the Middle Ages, coincidentally to the same time period that it first started being displayed to the public.

While Christianity grew in popularity for 1400 years, there was no mention of this shroud that somehow made its way from Jerusalem to suddenly go on exhibit in France.

It portrays an image of Jesus that corresponds to the way 1400's European artists painted Jesus...with Caucasian features (fine bone structure, long fine hair).

But yeah, I'm sure it's really Jesus burial shroud.
>>
>>19268455
Wow you typed all that after I just said it wouldn't be agreed up and ignored the real meat
>>
File: IMG_5218.png (4MB, 1292x8757px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5218.png
4MB, 1292x8757px
>>19268455
But anyway if that's where you wanna go...you'll refute it all if you read this but this why. Dude uses the same condescending tone you use
>>
>>19268303
That sounds pretty fun, and similar to what I would do as an enlightened sorcerer. I know the Arcturians have a similar ideal, but they also practice non interference into the lives of lower density beings so they have a chance to evolve naturally in accordance with their choices and the energy of the creator sustaining their realm.
>>
>>19268549
Non-interference as long as free will is kept in tact and no overt or covert means to manipulate or subvert freewill for the selfish purpose of feeding oneself.

Instead of being predatory, I guess some civilizations/beings can't produce their own energy to sustain themselves and must feed off of the lower densities, and that's fine as long as free will is kept in tact.

Which many times it's not.

But yes, it is fun. I don't see a rush to return to singularity or cosmic consciousness at this point, would rather concentrate my spirit monads and see what I can out here.
>>
Get out of your house. Travel & research. Internet can't prove any of /x/ queries. Let alone 4chan.
>>
>>19268238
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus#Events_generally_accepted_as_historical
>inb4 sourcing wikipedia
go to the citations listed and read a few of the texts, if you can find the papers rather than books (that usually cite said papers anyway) you'll have a better time, as you can avoid the christian pandering, but you'll see that most scholars basically agree jesus existed as a person, and that he was both baptised by john, and executed by the romans.

his bullshit wizardry and status as a prophet are wholly up for debate tho, so fire away.
>>
>>19268797
I practice remote viewing, I have sort of been able to astral project and see the world of my memories. I can also look into the sky. I go on cosmic voyages sometimes.
>>
>>19268351
>Thanks for spoonfeed

As said
>>19268237

You aren't Skeptical if you disagree with zero evidence to your claims. Ignorance isn't evidence. If you have no evidence to say something or someone didn't exist. Don't say you know anything about the subject. Don't assume you know.
>>
>>19269115
Yes, I do as well, connecting with the Akasha and the network of the entire Universe. It's crazy to realize that it all lies within ourselves.
>>
>>19269126
can I ask what you believe in? You're on a paranormal board you must believe in something
>>
>>19268207
Jesus wasnt Buddha. He was another reincarnate soul with a similar job to do.
>>
>>19268207
Jesus' death was documented, if He was a reincarnation of the Budda He wouldn't have been born into a Jewish family, He can walk on water, angels came from heaven and told his mother that he has risen,and He was seen in the Bible rising into heaven with thousands of angels
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.