[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Life after death

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: Wurmloch.jpg (161KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Wurmloch.jpg
161KB, 1024x768px
Really, that saying seems to be a bit odd to me. Death is defined (IIRC) as a permanent cessation of life functions, so you weren't really dead if you were alive after. And, for the purposes of what is typically discussed, the physical body does not come to life.

So instead, I should use consciousness after death. I know the US Government has studied remote viewing with impressive results that have since been declassified. I'm wondering if there's any government studies on the afterlife. I know they fund some /x/ tier research from time to time. I had recently been speaking with a Christian friend about the specifics of the Bible's interpretations of heaven and hell and gotten interested.
>>
>>19268199
If you consider that "death" is merely the absence of life then really you were dead once already, no? Was it that bad? Does it make you curious as to how many times one can live and die?
>>
>>19268214
Somewhat, yes. Considering, as you've said, I've already been nonexistent for around 13 billion + years to the best of my knowledge. I've heard that when you have an NDE you become detached from your sense of time, and I'm curious what makes "me", consciously speaking.
>>
I had a dream once during a very intense time in my life (I do not recall really any dreams) other than this one.

There was some sort of building global threat from China/Korea allied against the US- they(Korea) threatend that on a certain day they would attack us and it would be over in 1 hour.

- Well, in the dream, the entire world was paused at this moment- the time passes, everyone is silent for a minute or two- and then begin going about their business
20 minutes later- a flash occurs and I look down at my hands and watch them turn to muscle, to dust. I am transfixed and cannot move - I turn my head and see ashes in the form of people- I then become a great ball of light traveing fast ( this is where its weird- the speed of the travel could be FELT) as if there was a continuation of existence vs - being trapped in ones mind.

- eventually I get depsoited into a vast WELL with BILLIONS UPON BILLIONS OF OTHER LIGHT ENTITITES and was told- this is where we exist.
I woke up crying and sweating- never had the dream again.

One of the people of ashes I saw was my family sitting in the living room watching the news awaiting devestation. I wonder why I was not with them and outside.
>>
>>19268343
I dont want to exist as light. I DONT WANT TO EXIST PERIOD.
>>
>>19268346
As light you can edit your thoughts and awareness, where you no longer identify with the idea of no longer wanting to exist, or the entity that no longer wishes to exist. You can sort of go into a sleep at that point, and forget everything, but it will eventually lead to more dreams of life. Its better to know yourself fully, and make peace and transcend the thoughts of self hatred. That way, you will be lucid and capable of making your own decisions in the afterlife
>>
>>19268214
>>19268323
This meme has to stop. If nonexistence is so great why does anything exist at all?
>>
>>19268368
see though, it wasnt like that- it was total chaos.

It was a kin to being a supercollider with billions of other "entities" that were confused.

Its weird, I awoke thinking that was what HEAVEN was as the "traveling" sensation stopped and it was like we had been deposited into a container.

Its so strange man
Im sorry- most will overlook this thread as whateva- it was super intense, and it was unpleasant.

It certainly wasnt a hell, but it was a place devoid of any awarness outside of the "idea:

-Imagine an idea that you cant visualize or experience.

fuck it, I cant explain it. I dunno what I experienced. If it was god- cool, if it was satan- cool, if it was my pathetic mind associating televsion and reality into a memorable scenario - then I should end my life.
>>
>>19268346
Give it a chance anon, could be cool.
>>
>>19269004
It's because in the dream, you focused on whats outside of you. So in infinity your perception bounced around from thing to thing. If it happens again, just calm yourself and look for homebase and go there. Don't get distracted. Just go home and ground yourself. Don't stop until you're there. You could find your family because you wanted them. So you went there. That's how it works. Consciousness is just the interpretation of Quantum Date Packets. Which are just complex void wave forms.
>>
>>19268401
We don't exist. It's an illusion. Everything you interact with is you in another form. You're just talking to yourself.

You can't "see" your brain....or can you? It's your external environment. Everyone in your external is in your brain. Just like you are in theirs. So we're just "incarnations" of each other. This place is so fucking crazy....but don't worry about it cause Kardashians or whatevs.
>>
>>19269128
Thats fucking it, you talked me into it, no more shame, embarrassment, suffering or unhappiness.

I'm hiring a prostitute on Friday night.
>>
>>19269128
>Everyone in your external is in your brain. Just like you are in theirs.

But we are all in God's mind, and that is why reality is consistent more or less
>>
>>19269146
glad to be of help.
>>
>>19269149
It's consistent because there is only 1 great actor who wears 6 billion masks.
>>
>>19269004
Yah.

I've been nuked a few times, before. If it happens this time, I'm not coming back to this planet, until I don't remember what a planet is anymore.
>>
>>19268401
lol "this meme has to stop" It's Truth and there's no stopping it, friend
>>
>>19268401
In order for nonexistence to be appreciated things must exist, if only briefly.
>>
>>19269146
>>19269128
>>19269161
Retarded samefag plays their hand face-up, shows off the meaning of their "truth"

That, or savvy parodists are here to offer the deconstruction the rest of you are too lame to offer. Whale Paris.
>>
File: 1499236087217.png (127KB, 777x921px) Image search: [Google]
1499236087217.png
127KB, 777x921px
>>19269182
Whats up Nice Ship. How are the waves going? We still sailing smooth? Also want to meet up after this existence? And where? Should we watch the Earth nuke itself a few dozen times after getting nuked?
>>
>>19269288
Imagine waking up through an infinite amount of layers of existence and that picture is your true form.
>>
>>19269348
I'd feel cute if I'm being entirely honest here.
>>
Like Gilgamesh I want Eternal Life in this body to explore the Mysteries.

I dont want to die or just live to be a slave to procreation.

That is the system of the Soul Trap. The Demiurge wants us to just keep coming back because he likes it when we are ignorant mortal slaves.
>>
>>19269357
YES YEESEEESSSSS SLAVE FOR NO PURPOSE. STROKE MY HIGHER DICK

>Projecting in 2017
>>
>>19269357
It bothers me that we have to create new beings, instead of shedding our broken parts and growing new ones in the bellys of females.

Flawed design if you ask me, why should I have to die?
>>
>>19269373

I have been a long time alchemist in search of the Philosopher Stone.

Striving for the Completion of the Great Work.

We are not intended to stay with these short lives. The Creator of All has much more in store for us.
>>
>>19269386
>Completion of the Great Work.

Great, after I die I get to go to work again 9-5 5 days a week?.

Seriouly though I hope so, a greater purpose is all any of us want.
>>
>>19269406

Work is part of the struggle that is imposed on us. As a Slave, as a Worker for the Demiurge.

We were made to be his servant to appease the revolt of the Igigi and take over the hardship labor.

They want to only give us procreation because they think it will satiate us.
>>
>>19269357
>because he likes it when we are ignorant mortal slaves
Not the demiurge here. Can confirm that I like it when there are ignorant mortal slaves about.

Not sure why though. Maybe it's the potential to grow, to become something more, to fight back and prove that your ability to learn means more than anything.

Also I hate it when the CIA exists, so this probably isn't the most rational aesthetic I hold.
>>
File: last-supper6.jpg (28KB, 653x250px) Image search: [Google]
last-supper6.jpg
28KB, 653x250px
Alchemists would say that the Grail is the Philosopher Stone and that Jesus is the Capstone of the Great Work.

He tried to show us the Bread of Long Living and the Elixir of Life at the Last Supper that would give us longevity.
>>
>>19269277
The ultimate samefag wrote this to himself and doesn't even realize it.

Play your role, but know it's a role. It makes the game more fun.
>>
>>19270069
>>19269433
>>19269423
>>19269422
>>19269386
>>19269361
>>19269348
>>19269288
>>19269200
>>19269182
>>19269165
>>19269161
>>19269117
>>19269100
>>19268343
>>19268323
>>19268214
>>19268199
Ok.
>1)
When we die, I think we never experience it. What I mean is, when the blood stops going to the brain, there is an amnesia induced type of state. I practice BJJ, and I've intentionally wanted to get choked out. Every damn time I pass out, I absolutely don't remember 2 minutes before being choked out. We even did a test where I was given a random word to remember 20 seconds before being choked out. I never remember it. I feel death is like this.
>2)
Some anon in /r9k/ theorized that upon octillions of years after heat death, when the last atom/quarks/whatever is devoured by a blackhole, since there is literally zero matter left, this will set a chain reaction. He said that all the universe's matter was in incognito in some type of dimension, and when critical mass (obtainment of all matter through blackholes) happens, a cycle of space-time rips just to give birth to the big bang again. Pretty trippy theory (was stoned as hell reading his posts). I feel there is no such thing as forever.
>>
>>19270283
The Recycling theory is a fairly solid one. But matter/energy is just created by spacial void distortion. M theory states that the Big Bang isn't a unique occurrence and didn't just happen here. I highly doubt space ends.
>>
>>19270322
As for being choked out and remembering it, sounds retarded. Like only the mentally deficient would think that's a good idea. For memorizing words you need to repeat it 7 times at the very least. Coming up with a word to remember isn't the smartest. Try a task you schedule to do, and then get choked out.
>>
>>19270322
Also heat death doesn't mean the universe is consumed by black holes. It means there isn't a large enough energy gradient for information processing.

I don't know what happens when you die. I don't even know what I want to have happen. Not existing and existing forever seem equally terrifying honestly unless you periodically lose all your memories.
>>
>>19268199
TO THE unbelieving materialist, man is simply an evolutionary accident. His hopes of survival are strung on a figment of mortal imagination; his fears, loves, longings, and beliefs are but the reaction of the incidental juxtaposition of certain lifeless atoms of matter. No display of energy nor expression of trust can carry him beyond the grave. The devotional labors and inspirational genius of the best of men are doomed to be extinguished by death, the long and lonely night of eternal oblivion and soul extinction. Nameless despair is man's only reward for living and toiling under the temporal sun of mortal existence. Each day of life slowly and surely tightens the grasp of a pitiless doom which a hostile and relentless universe of matter has decreed shall be the crowning insult to everything in human desire which is beautiful, noble, lofty, and good.
>>
>>19270335
That's the point. My theory of death is you'll (hypothetically come back to life after 30 minutes of being dead) never remember the last 2 to 4 minutes before death. I've tried my best to memorize the word within 20 seconds alloted before being chocked out. I never can remember the last 2 to 3 minutes before assing out. This is what makes me think we will never experience (memory wise) death. I implore y'all to study blood chokes with a friend (while also knowing to rub neck and move legs in pumping motion to get circulation going again) so you can experience it.
>inb4 not wise nor safe
I've never been in trouble and once a person passes out, you release choke immediately. I've been blood choked out 19 times in the last 2 years.
I. Never. Remember. The. Last. Minutes.
>>
>>19270432
This corresponds to my own personal experience in this human body, before I altered the process of my own memory to bypass this amnesia that results from truamatic injury.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.