[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does shaving your head make you more in tun with higher dimmensions/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

Why do monks in many religions shave their heads, is this a way to enlightenment
>>
it actually has the opposite effect. Certain individuals can use their hair as antenna to pick up on many different things even light remote-viewing almost like a 3rd sense.

The reason they shave their heads is because it's similar to an act of passing on one's identity so that they may reach enlightenment.
>>
>>19267716
>>19267708

they shave their heads as a symbol of humility. they don't care about fashion or maintaining an image. having hair requires a hairstyle, requires time to take care of said hair and manage it. cut it all off, stop giving a fuck and pay attention to the spiritual.

what that guy said about antennas is retarded.
>>
>>19267708
Because it's just fucking practical.
>>
>>19267726
No it's not, hair is like antenna. It is a sensory tool. You are right too, however. It is both.
>>
File: iu[1].jpg (34KB, 640x630px) Image search: [Google]
iu[1].jpg
34KB, 640x630px
Two different school.

As >>19267716 wrote. You can use hair as antenna to help channel vibrations. Hence shaving can act as the opposite, helping one cut off from vibrations and maintaining stillness of mind.
There maybe also thing about being humble and shit, but seriously who cares ? You can have long hair without being superficial as >>19267726 imply. Yogis tend to have long hair after all. And most of us will think about the old chineese sage with long hair/beard.

Do what you feel is the best to your OWN needs.
>>
>>19267766

source
>>
>>19267708
I was taught that shaving your head signifies rebirth, you're born without hair and after shaving your head you can start on with a new life just like being born again.
>>
>>19267708

Long hair: better communication with outer forces, outer senses, psychics abilities

Bald: silencing of outer energies, leaving room to focus on inner energies
>>
>>19267777

Bingo.
Native Americans grow their hair for essentially the reason you stated, and cut it after a great tragedy to cleanse their self and invite a new beginning(and also as a visible symbol of morning, leading to support and understanding in the community). When I asked the Elders who taught me why the monks shaved bald, he said it was part of their ethos of non attachment, the properties of long hair are an extension of self, the wish to be attached to nothing not even their self; like a constant state of rebirth, fluidly moving from moment to moment; a paradigm to be respected, with lessons to teach.

(not from the perspective of a South-Eastern Cherokee)
>>
>>19267777

quads noted
>>
>>19267800

>DAT TIME STAMP
>>
As the above commenters state, most of the shaving has to do with rejecting worldly concerns.

I have also heard it said some enlightened masters grow their hair out specifically to stay attached/grounded to the earth to keep teaching, and to just just disappear by melding into the universal consciousness.
>>
Your hair is an illusion like everything else. Your hair has power if you give it power... like Sampson in the Bible. All that faith in his hair fucked him over
>>
>>19267708
just feels better and is easier to manage on a daily basis
>>
>>19267860

Jesus mullets BTFO
>>
>>19267708
*tune
Are you dealing with baldness?
>>
>>19267708
Just tradition.
>>
>>19267708
Lice
>>
>>19267708
Srila Prabhupada was once asked why he shaved his head by a female reporter. He immediately responded, "Why do you shave your legs?" There was a pause as she leaned back, and he smiled and said, "We prefer a cool head, and warm legs."

There are many reasons to shave your head, a lot of which have been mentioned. Practicality and cleanliness. Lack of attention/awareness on physical attributes which helps reduce vanity and identification with the body.

It also is very noticeable which can help remind the general public of spiritual pursuits, along with identifying you as belonging to a particular religion or sect within said religions.

As for power being in your hair, there is something to this, but I think it like what this anon said:
>>19267860
>Your hair has power if you give it power

I don't think it is so much letting your hair grow out. I think the power is in the DECISION to let your hair grow out. It is the VOW to not cut your hair. Samson was mentioned as having great strength from this vow. There is a pastime of Bhaktivinode Thakur where he confronted an exploitative yogi whom he determined was drawing power from his un-cut hair. He promptly ordered the yogi's hair cut.
(You can find a short recount on this page if you search for "Bishakishena")
http://www.stephen-knapp.com/srila_bhaktivinoda_thakura.htm

Another mentioned that yogis often wear their hair long, but in the Vedas they make a clear distinction between long, lustrous, well-oiled hair and the "matted locks" of a yogi. Dreads. Both shaving and keeping unwashed, uncut hair are a rejection of the idea of physical vanity/beauty.
>>
>>19267708
I live in florida and it feels soooo much better having a shaved dome.
>>
Native Americans believed the opposite. They also thought it would stop growing past a certain length in relation to the person's spirituality. Im testing it and I'm inclined to believe it.

Bald is the style of Man (picture man ideals like a military general), while long hair seems to be Man + God. In fables, highly spiritual people have long hair like the elves and Gandalf in LOTR.
>>
Hair dampens some of the universe's natural frequencies. Shaving it off allows these waves to more easily penetrate our skulls and allows us to be more in tune with the universe.
>>
>>19267860
>Sampson
>>
>>19270848
>>19267792
two different viewpoints, does anyone want to give source on theirs?
>>
>>19270841
>>Golden Corral nigga
This person legit lives in Florida.
>>
animals are covered in fur and apparently they can detect paranormal shit, so no.
>>
>>19267716
Why need hair when you have a wide awake, fully activated and opened third eye module? Much better than hair as an antenna lmao
>>
File: sas.jpg (44KB, 516x550px) Image search: [Google]
sas.jpg
44KB, 516x550px
>>19267860
>the sampsons
also this is wrong, some cultures believe long hair is extension of brain cells
>>
>>19271232
Yea and those cultures belief is it what makes that real. It's not the hair. It's the belief
>>
>>19267766
checked
I've read about the antenna thing too, my hair is down to my butt but I don't feel anything special about it
I've also heard it can act as some sort of battery charging energy from the sun or some shit
and an old lady that was into meditation told me that hair also absorbs surrounding energy, mostly negative so it's best to have it short but I don't really know.
>>
>>19267777
quads of wisdom have spoken

>>19267784
kinda agree with this too, even getting a real short haircut can feel very freeing so I can imagine how buzzing it entirely would feel
>>
>>19267708
Negation of this life's individuality, and this world in general
>>
Symbolic for purity
>>
>>19267860
Seems like you having a brain is an illusion too
>>
File: withnail2.jpg (56KB, 640x353px) Image search: [Google]
withnail2.jpg
56KB, 640x353px
I don’t advise a haircut, man. All hairdressers are in the employment of the government. Hairs are your aerials. They pick up signals from the cosmos, and transmit them directly into the brain. This is the reason bald-headed men are uptight.
>>
syd barrett showed up to the wish you were here sessions with all his body hair shaved off. how did he pick up the psychic vibes that his old band was recording an album about him if he'd cut off all his hair? checkmate hippies
>>
>>19267726

Shaving the head is also a 'hairstyle', and requires time to take care of (you have to shave it like every two weeks), and is wrapped up in 'identity' (ask someone to describe what a Buddhist's head looks like and they'll probably say bald), the identity of freeing yourself from identity is still, essentially an identity.

Not giving a fuck is an attitude you have, and your hairstyle is a symptom of that attitude, it's not the cause. I would wager that most Buddhists shave their heads because they want to fit in (peer pressure / persuasion) because they're all wrapped up in a culture of really desiring to be free from desire.
>>
>>19267708
It just makes you look like you're fresh out of the nut house.
>>
To get a nice scalp-breeze.
>>
>>19271610
Yea, go ahead and believe your hair is antenna or some shit or remotely important at all
>>
File: presobambo.jpg (7KB, 250x224px) Image search: [Google]
presobambo.jpg
7KB, 250x224px
>>19271232
I've met black people who think melanin in their skin gives them super powers and makes them smarter than evil white people.
>>
>>19267708
I shaved my hair, as part of a dedication to my dity when I practiced witchcraft.

This was something symbolic on my path, that I felt was necessary. It symbolized my unattachment to vanity (I was a frequenter of hair gel and wax in my earlier life), willingness to give this up for knowledge and face impermanence itself.
>>
In all old tradition, hair was always related as the beliefs when you die your judge will look one hair and say if you can pass or not. The fact that science proves that hair register every toxin you eat go to this meaning.
Actually, hermit, when they kill every link with the society, stop to cut their hair, certainly in the goal of the last initiation. In this way, the meaning of the bald of monk is they are student so they will irremedialy failed, and poisoned their hair. After illumination, as normally you stop the rebirth, you don t need hair because you succeed from the judge and you normally have a pure life.
>>
>>19271644
I congratulate you anon. Was thinking the same thing.
>>
>>19267708
It represents renunciation of the world in favor of the spiritual. It's called tonsure. Buddhists and Christian monks both do it, for different reasons but similar goals. Both are dedicating themselves to a life of austerity and non attachment to the things of the world. This also helps to make them different from the rest. In some cultures they don't shave their facial hair to attain a similar goal.
>>
>>19267777
This is part of the reason why Sikhs keep uncut hair. Sikhs believe it assists in vibrations during meditation on Waheguru and connecting to him. Keeping your hair is also seen as accepting the will of God. The hair on your head is important because it covers the Tenth Gate (Dasam Dwar) which is the key to enlightenment when opened during meditation on the One.
>>
Fascinating responses bump
>>
>>19267708
Long hair in a yogic context is a reflection of one's perfection, that is no hair should be cut as one is already perfect. This is also found in Judaism and Islam.

In a secular context it is a symbol of status, shorn locks are the mark of the slave. Royalty are denoted by long hair and beards. Buddhists shave their heads to denote detachment from social status. It also destroys identity which is why the military does it and why it is used as punishment.

Everyone else is fucking wrong. It's either social or religious in the most basic senses.
>>
>>19267800
Yeah, Intentionally being Bald is fucking retarded. We grow hair the same reason we grow pensies, energetic shit yo.
>>
>>19274018

The native americans do this, Bible did this, etc.

Yet Atheist what to think all this universal knowledge can just be chalked up to fucking coincidences and hallucinations.
>>
>>19267784
this. spiritual bootcamp

also believe the antenna shit fully.
also wear more patchouli and shit
>>
The Autobiography of a Yogi teaches: “The spinal cord is like an upturned tree, with man’s hair as its roots, and afferent and efferent nerves as branches.” Elsewhere Yogananda explains: “Like an upturned plant, man similarly absorbs through his hair electric currents helpful to the body.”

Swami Kriyananda expands on this thought in his book Raja Yoga:

“Yogis say that long hair draws more energy to the brain. They describe the body as an inverted tree of which the spine is the trunk, the nervous system the branches, and the hair the roots. This is why many yogis let their hair grow long. When I was in India, I allowed my hair to grow until finally it reached half way down my back. I discovered with long hair that I was subject to fewer headaches than I had been before.”

You may meditate on this interesting explanation by Yogananda: “The hair is more on the head because that is where the seat of energy is.
>>
>>19275151
so a bald man, in spite of actual effort and will, will never be as attuned to spiritual energies as his haired brethren?
>>
of course it does.
Why else would the latin name for magic mushrooms mean "bald headed?"
>>
>>19275151
reminder that these people weren't advanced enough as human beings to use toilets
>>
You can google different monastic reasons instead of the slop you'll receive on this site. Really, if you have a question, research instead of asking on here, you're most likely smarter than this.
>>
>>19267708
It's just an easier style to maintain.
>>
>>19267708
Gurdjieff was pretty bald.

He one time said that women's hair is necessary for them to absorb certain energies and is fundamental for the process of life going on in their bodies. He was somewhat of a chauvinist so I guess shaving the head, in his viewpoint, was better for males so that they absorb less of these same energies that females need to receive in the process of life (?). It somewhat makes sense, since woman's hair is naturally longer and man's hair naturally shorter. So the ultimate in masculinity (or differentiation from female) would thus be completely shaving one's head. Going bald is also associated with higher testosterone levels, funny because men often hate going bald, as if it were a sign of weakness.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.