[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

God is evil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 28

File: img1367.png (226KB, 935x633px) Image search: [Google]
img1367.png
226KB, 935x633px
Why is God so evil?

>sends his own son to die and get tortured by romans
>diseases: he created EVERYTHING so that means he also created diseases... what was his porpuse with that? i mean, does he find pleasure on seeing humans die a painful death from incurable diseases?
>if you don't worship him you'll be sentenced to eternal suffering and torture in hell
>he claims to love humans but allows satan to corrupt humans and do as he wishes with them
>if he knows everything he also knew that his creation was imperfect and prone to violence, yet he's going to make a mass murder when the time for the apocalypse comes because humans "are evil"
>got mad when adam and eve ate the forbidden fruit and acquired knowledge, he's so evil and selfish that he wanted humans to remain ignorant and blindly do as he said like robots with no will
>you're only worthy of his compasion if you worship him, no one else is worthy of any pitty from him
>he created satan to begin with
>has the power to stop humans from killing each other but he'd rather watch them doing stupid shit, we're pretty much an ant farm for him
>"follow my rules and worship me, you mortals! or else, i'm gonna kill you all"

What kind of sick cosmic game is this? we did not ask to take part of his sick chess game with satan and they're using as chess pieces so they can have their final battle

Any thoughts?
>>
>>19266876
>Any thoughts?
you're a retard, your thread's fucking stupid, and you need to fuck off with your autism >>>/pol/
>>
>>19266876
>we did not ask to take part of his sick chess game with satan

You did but you forgot.

It is boring to be a DM.

Even more boring than being the final boss.
>>
>>19266884
/thread
>>
>>19266876
Congratulations, you finally figured out that Yahweh is lawful evil.
Good thing Christianity is made up bullshit
Welcome to the club.
>>
>>19266884
/thread
>>
>>19266884
/thread
>>
>>19266892
>>19266931

Nice try kiddo but you can't /thread your own post.
>>
>>19266876
God's to busy posting on his cat blog and having long showers.
>>
>>19266925
What purpose do we serve as his creation?
>>
File: yahweh.jpg (33KB, 720x523px) Image search: [Google]
yahweh.jpg
33KB, 720x523px
>tfw God was the villain all along

by all accounts the Christian God is a schizophrenic egotistical lunatic
>>
File: summer.jpg (51KB, 1247x417px) Image search: [Google]
summer.jpg
51KB, 1247x417px
>>19266948
literally my least favorite season
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-09-08-54-05.png (129KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-09-08-54-05.png
129KB, 540x960px
>>19266969
um, what?
>>
>>19267002

"_I_ use different IPs, I'm very unique... and smart!"
>>
>>19266969

>Someone said something stupid and I don't agree with it.
>UGH SURE IS SUMMER IN HERE

You're a retard.
>>
>>19266884
/thread
>>
>>19267002
>>19267020
>literal summerfags
fyi there's the door >>>/pol/

don't come back until you've lurked enough to learn what those numbers i highlighted mean, you ass-end-of-the-stick autists
>>
File: HPCH2691.jpg (20KB, 511x591px) Image search: [Google]
HPCH2691.jpg
20KB, 511x591px
>>19267033
k cool
>>
>>19266876
Around 3-4 Billion people don't even know Jesus. It was a localized event for that Populace. When God wants you to know him, you will know him. If you actually hear the words of Jesus. It's basically a watered down Bhudda trying to push the West to more logical thinking. The Prophets and Divine leaders of the Faith as usual warp the message with their own perception of it and fuck it up. When you have met God you will know. There will be zero doubt. Also understand meeting God can come in a billion different ways. It doesn't mean sitting down and shaking hands, God can align events in your life that once put together in your head in a specific manner he knows you will reach, will be your meeting. There are two major forces in the Universe.

Yin Yang
Light Dark
It Void
1 0
Pleasurable Warmth, Painful Warmth
Push Pull (Even applies on the Universal Level)

All existence is the organizational and interpretive structure of your brain. A grand delusion of energy pretending it isn't just energy. You are God in the respect that while being "separate" you are of his will, Consciousness, creation. Since he created himself, as the Universe created itself which or however you wish to believe. He is made of that which we are made. Wave-forms of disturbed void. That's what they mean by riding the wave. When you meditate or reach into yourself, you are just building lower energy translations of existence to maintain itself indefinitely. But at the same time you have will, as the Lord/Universe did. So just make waves to keep on living. Or look within and use "less" energy to do more. Although, it's all just one endless field of existence. No matter how far you go or look. It just is, as it is. It's been filled with great things, many things. It isn't so empty on the 4th dimensional interpretation.

As for God being evil, that is just you believing you have all the facts that could possibly exist so you half-hazardly say "muh story" and claim something to be evil.
>>
>>19267188
To top it off, to say something doesn't exist in infinite probability is the Pinnacle of stupidity.
>Muh Universe has a life span
Oh really? So this is a totally unique events. This Construct? If this is Unique that is more evidence for God.
>Why would a God create suffering?
Why does one take the good with the bad?
Seriously, why do you assume a God wouldn't have limits placed on him since he could only pull from one source and create with it by warping the spectrum of that source?
>Why didn't he just create another source?
Oh geez, sounds like a question for God. Although I'm sure it has to do with the fact that God made himself of the stuff he made us with. I mean, what can you truly pull from other than void?
>That doesn't make sense
It doesn't need to make sense to underdeveloped slightly civilized arrogant apes. We are still in the learning process. If we continue to master the Universe, eventually we will be able to simulate existence in such detail, it's the same fucking shit as where we are now. It's just energy enveloping itself in spacial warps. We aren't anything special. Once the layer peels off, you hit the wall.

Seriously, Time doesn't have a limit, neither does void. Nor is there a limit to permutations in void wave-energy. Get the fuck over the extremely planetary beliefs of existence.
>>
>>19266876
Hes just as good as he is evil then

Oh wait its god, he is beyond
>>
>>19266876
The very fact that the Bible disproves that God loves his children and commits harmful acts for immoral reasons, disproves the Christian God.

To answer your question, evil is very much a fluid term. It changes depending on perspective and context.

You are given a gun by terrorists and told if you don't shoot three people, all 12 of you will die. You shoot the three people, all older and one disabled, to spare everyone else. By all means, this is evil. Yet, it is also good.

This is a really small scale version of the complexity of cause and effect. The "evilest" of acts can result in the most positive of results.The most positive of acts can result in negative repercussions. On top of this, we are bound by a sense of balance as a species, just like every species.Forces have an equal and opposite force applied, as a form of resistance. This means our numbers do not get so large, that they cause the imbalance to the system. Of late, this has been disturbed in large by our advances in science and medicine. Countless wars, rapidly evolving diseases resistant to our medicines and the abuse of the poorest, keeps this level more manageable.

I fear the worst for our society as a whole because we have disrupted the ecosystem to such an extreme, counter measures will have to be deployed by nature itself.
>>
>>19266876
If God exists He can't be evil
>>
File: IMG_2238.png (224KB, 447x489px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2238.png
224KB, 447x489px
>>19267188
Finally someone on this board who understands.
God is a word for something, universal truths, that wre too permeating and expansive to talk about without some sort of language like that. Who is arrogant enough to believe that 1. The consciousness of God is like your own human perceptions of conciousness, or 2. That you could ever "understand" the actions of God, being universal creation, movement, fractal development of all things, well enough to judge them as good or evil? Do ya'll even have a standard for what those two things mean?
>>
written 4000 years ago and still most of you don't understand that the full understanding is too much for the human mind...

Chapter 11, Verse 24

O all-pervading Visnu, I can no longer maintain my equilibrium. Seeing Your radiant colors fill the skies and beholding Your eyes and mouths, I am afraid.

Chapter 11, Verse 25

O Lord of lords, O refuge of the worlds, please be gracious to me. I cannot keep my balance seeing thus Your blazing deathlike faces and awful teeth. In all directions I am bewildered.
>>
>>19266876
>>sends his own son to die and get tortured by romans

When did this happen?
>>
Look into Gnosticism.
>>
>>19266876
He makes the assumption God gives no free will. Typical redditer
>>
>>19267949

IKR.

OP is asking why the Lord over this Realm of Shadow allows evil.

If you want to fight for the light stop looking towards that prince of darkness.
>>
>>19266876
1. The Bible is allegorical and mystical, modern fundamentalist preaching is stupid. You don't need to believe in literal interpretations of the Bible to believe in God.
2. God probably set the Universe in motion but then let it go on of itself, thus He is about as responsible for all the suffering in the universe as a parent is responsible for everything that happens in their child's life, for all their thoughts and feelings, just because they gave birth to them.
3. Thus, suffering is a by-product of the physical laws of the Universe, and God could no more get rid of these laws but then He would have to destroy the universe and our consciousness entirely and start from scratch (which would itself by "evil")
>>
>>19266876
>we did not ask to take part of his sick chess game

So you have memory before this life?
>>
File: 1454601312-20150204.png (431KB, 684x1666px) Image search: [Google]
1454601312-20150204.png
431KB, 684x1666px
>>
The Gnostic God does not have an Adversary the way the Lord god of the OT does.

Because a Lord is an Archon. And they are a creation of another. They come from the Aeons.

And Aeons are also a creation of another, they are emanations of the One.

The Unknowable God.

Archons are the Rulers or Authorities. The Cosmic Powers over this present darkness.

Mithra would teach us to overcome the Bull, to Slaughter the Baal, to rebel from the Ruler.
>>
>>19266876
according to the bible man was made for gods amusement

you ever play grand theft auto or TES or any free roam game? many people do these rampages in between missions to break up the monotony. they arent bad people . most probably have never committed a serious crime but there they are running over hookers or slashing innocent towns people

its no different for god. your not "real" to him. your just some thing and since he made the world maybe this is part of his debugging phase. maybe he still hasnt worked out proper fear mechanics as far as he is concerned.

this is allegedly the 3rd earth age according to the bible. maybe one day he will get it right and this kickstarter project will make some real money and he can move out of his parents basement and get some poon
>>
>>
>>19266876
>God creates everything, including morality, meaning that He solely decides what is good and what is evil

>I KNOW BETTER THAN GOD ABOUT WHAT'S WRONG AND RIGHT

Read the Book of Job
>>
>>19268127
>because I said so: the book

Great rebuttal, man.
>>
Fuck the demiurge
>>
OP is a total retard.
>>
File: 1458586107777.png (595KB, 500x610px) Image search: [Google]
1458586107777.png
595KB, 500x610px
>>19268273

A Symbol of the Demiurges power is the Gugalanna.

The Great Bull of Heaven.
>>
>>19266876
Wew i am suprised how your thread triggered so many people here.. please tell me, how OPs post wasn't right?
>>
>>19266884

Yeah gonna have to add /thread
>>
>>19268027
So would Dionysus

People don't "get" Dionysus
>>
>>19266876
OP don't listen to these brainlets. You have a great point.
>God knows everything
>Creates Adam and Eve
>Allows Satan to "Test" their fate knowing full well how they will react
>"REEEE HOW CAN YOU DO THIS WHEN I CREATED YOU KNOWING YOU WOULD DO THIS"

This is why Christians are retarded.
>>
>>19268612
This
>>
>>19268612
>Omnipotent God
>Tells Adam and Eve not to do something
>Literally crafted the Curiosity in them
>Made a male and female so they could reproduce
>Kicked them out of the Garden of Eden
>This was totally an accident.jpg

Shut the fuck up you're retarded. Everybody knows that Humanity coming to Earth was part of this plan. The Devil is a tool because God also created Evil. It's part of his greater plan for humanity.
>>
>>19268675
>Inb4 so god IS evil?

No, Chaotic Neutral, Just like the fucking Universe you live in.
>>
>>19266876
What if suffering isn't as big a deal as humans see it as? What if the pain and anguish we experience physically and emotionally is just another feeling to a being without such physical constraints. Maybe this God is trying to create something like itself, trying to teach and prepare.
>>
>>19268713
Then he's doing a shit job by any standard.
>>
>>19268754
No, just by your very narrow standard. If babby wants God to come down and wipe his ass and give him a bottle to suckle from. It's time he grew up. He gave us freewill, you just suck at using it. As for "Muh starving Africans." You also suck at voting as the very reason they are starving is whenever an African Country would get too developed, suddenly warlords with well funded and armed Militias would appear. Human suffering is cause by humans.
>>
>>19268762
>>19268754
As for any other complaint in life, like hardwork. It's just because your idealism is superseding the reality you are in.

>WAAAAAAAH, it could be better wipe my ass skyman I shit myself

Yeah, dreams are pretty great aren't they. The difference here is that you have the possibility of building that. You obviously didn't build your dream though. There is not one single promise from any deity except false ones that life is a bed of roses.
>>
>>19268762
I find a lot of agreement in this. If there really is a being that exists beyond our definitions of existence I reckon it took a long, hard time to get there and maybe this one has tried to guide us along the path it took. Maybe its a gestalt or universal consciousness, trying to teach humanity to act as one, like the atoms of matter, or the cells of a body, or the stars and planets that we live on.
>>
>>19268762
>you just suck at using it
I didn't say I was shit at it, I said God was shit at getting other people to function on his level. As can be seen by the fact that your ignorant shitposting about my abilities implies that you think the average person is shit-willed.
>>
>>19268793
>I'm literally too stupid to understand freewill
>It's definitely more likely that the all creator sucks than me
>This is what you believe, you actually believe you could do better than a hypothetical all knowing intelligence that constructed this Universe

Have nothing else to say, arguing with this level of autism is fruitless.

T H E P O S T
>>
>>19268793
This
>Bible says God knows everything
>Humans have "free will"
The bible disproves itself. Either God doesn't know what you're going to do next, or you don't have free will. It's that simple. Brainlets, when will they learn.
>>
>>19268818
How?

Because an all knowing God can both know everything as infinite probability and infinite temporality? The biggest brainlets are literally athiests. Rather than delving into understanding God is just a really old intelligence that supercedes the 4th dimenions of understanding in it's entirety. You literally believe the wisest of old times believed in fairy sparkles. You guys are autistic. It's just the be all end all of evolution. Of the cycle of existence. It isn't the fucking sky man. That's what Alpha and Omega means, the Biggest and Smallest part.
>>
>>19268837
>>19268818
As for free will in all of this. You are literally constrained by your brain and environment. On our human level of understanding yes the choice is free. Once you delve into whats beyond human, you realize your options have always been limited. But after recognizing these limits in infinite probability you can make the choice to create more choices.
>>
Anybody saying God is Evil is as autistic as those saying God is only Good. Anybody saying God doesn't exist, are the same as idiots saying evolution doesn't exist.

Infinite probability for infinite Universe across infinite time. God if not in existence yet, will eventually be. It's Metaphysical because once you supersede time, you have always been. Humanity has been striving to become as Gods since day one, eventually we will be like them through our development and hard work.
>>
File: IMG_1685.png (2KB, 220x229px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1685.png
2KB, 220x229px
>>19267020
I mean... it literally IS summer?
>>
>>19268856
To add on to this. "Who would bother caring for a whole Universe, that would be boring."

To live that long you eventually had to get over the need for neurological stimulation.
>>
>>19268856
>>19268861
One more thought that has occurred.
Humanity is working on transhumanism right now. That's one of our next steps.

It means to go beyond human. So yeah, God exists. It's mathematical probability. Also following that all moving parts evolve and become more complex with every generation. Having a God is more likely than not having one.
>>
>>19268837
>You guys are autistic
Who the FUCK are you talking to here? I have no idea where all the shit you brought up factors into anything I said.

I'm saying that, no matter what standard you set, no matter how you analyze the situation, no matter if your standards for what makes a god a god are literally shit, then even by that, by ANY standard, god is doing a shit job of bringing people to his level. It doesn't matter what his level is, what matters is the vast difference between everyone else's level and his, and how after literally acquiring billions of followers across any number of faiths, it's done all-amount NOTHING TO CHANGE THAT.

If God is *really*, earnestly, trying to uplift us, then he's only had the most primitive success with only a very select few number of individuals.
>>
>>19268879
Oh wait shit I thought I was replying to a reply to one of my (>>19268754) posts.
>>19268803
>>19268818
Free will has nothing to do with it. See >>19268879
I wasn't even responding to your post and I *still* made a perfectly on-topic reply.
>>
>>19268879
FFS

You are saying God is doing a shit job from a limited human perspective. I'm saying you are wrong because you are using appeals to emotion. Your feelings on the matter obviously don't fucking matter. God is doing a fine job as everything in existence can be learned. He isn't too worried about you dying friend. You just go back to the void where you came from. Where he pulled us and it all from.
>>
>>19268915
>wrong because you are using appeals to emotion
I'm not using appeals to emotion. I'm not OP, I'm >>19268754 >>19268793 >>19268879 >>19268898 and no other posts ITT.

In none of my posts have I appealed to emotion. I'm basing my analysis on the fact that billions of people walk the Earth today without a fucking clue about how to invoke their divine nature, how to learn divine knowledge, and what's really possible if we were all as god.

It doesn't matter how average you think I am or am not, my argument rests on analyzing where billions of people are in relation to where they'd be if God were actually uplifting us *TO HIS LEVEL.*

Arguing that God is trying to uplift humanity is a fine argument. But the idea that the *degree* to which he's trying to uplift us is >>19268713
>God is trying to create something like itself, trying to teach and prepare.
Then he's so far behind *at this point in time* that I consider it a completely bullshit argument.
>>
>>19268915
That's literally just you crying that it's hard senpai.
Do you think being a God is easy? It's relative, if you truly want divine knowledge you have to achieve ego death. With the manner in which you observe time. With the manner in which you weigh the world. Purely from you human ego, you will forever be locked out from the greatest mysteries of the Universe. To become something more, you have to lose the humanity. Being human, means being tied to 3rd dimensional thought. Like you appear to be.

As for you not using appeals to emotion. You are judging how god is doing based around how you feel about his progress. You don't know his progress friend. He is beyond time, it's one of the cornerstones of being God. Death of the physical body means nothing to a group/personage that advanced.
>>
>>19268930
>>19268951
You aren't seeking knowledge, you are demanding it gets handed to you for a job to be "good". It's your feelings, emotion about this situation. When you judge, you apply knowledge and you perception. Of which is heavily influence by feelings. I can see your ego leaking through in your writing. Mine is spewing shit everywhere right now.

RISE ABOVE
God isn't a Myth, it's a state of being. That eventuality plays out.
>>
OP here

I see some people are assuming that I'm an atheist... And no, i am not an atheist. I do believe in god, I'm just questioning why he acts the way he does
>>
>>19268951
>based around how you feel about his progress
(I'm >>19268930, which I gather was the post you were *trying* to reply to.)
No, not based on how I feel. Based on billions of billions of people alive today who seems to have no other obvious fate than to journey to their grave as """""""NPCs.""""""" Is something coming? Will there be some magical even that changes everything and all their fates will shift and suddenly they'll all be uplifted? No, I don't think that's what you're arguing for. You seem to be arguing that *ANYONE* can do it. I'm saying that, supposing anyone *CAN* do it, we can trivially observe how few actually have or do. We're both using the same logic and seeing the same world (presumably), but I'm emphasizing a different aspect of that world.
>>19268956
I'm not demanding shit. I'm comfortable with my knowledge and current state of existence. I don't have a problem with it. I'm also not trying to say God is a massive evil shit because children still starve in Africa. I can easily see a world created by a God that wanted to uplift people *TO HIS LEVEL* creating a world where things like starvation and suffering are possible. The idea that the world was created intelligently, for the sake of allowing all manner of emotions to form, *does* support the idea of suffering being not-evidence-of-evil.

I have asked neither you nor anyone in this thread for knowledge, to spoonfeed me, to preach to me, or to direct me to any source of knowledge. I can get there on my own. This has nothing to do with me, personally, or the ego you project yourself to believe onto me. I mean no request or plea from my posts, I am literally only presenting an argument that God, if trying to uplift us *to his level*, has done a shit job so far.

I can't even thank you for providing any knowledge because you haven't. Nobody ITT has actually acknowledged my argument yet, and instead the responses have been "hurr ego" and other autism-related dismissals.
>>
>>19269014
>>19269014
Let me deconstruct.

Based on big number of dullards, not choosing to look for God and being more interested in shoes and clothes. God is the fuck up.

Yes anyone can do it, it's mathematics.

Yes you did not directly ask for god to spoonfeed you. But all knowledge is already achievable. It's called science and anybody can do it. Eventually you can reach Godhood. The technology for biological immortality is just around the corner.

So yes you also did ask for spoonfeeding. Because having one of the most advanced observable biological computers on a relatively calm temperate planet that can sustain big number of life forms.

As far as not providing knowledge. Again it's because of your Autism. I said God is evolved, Science is his teaching. It's why the "fallen angels" gave us language and fire. They were fucking Aliens.
>>
>>19266876

Based God working the marks.
>>
>>19269045
No I didn't want to say Aliens, because images of le Green men meme pops up into our heads. I don't get how else fucking chimps learned to make fire though through hours upon hours of friction when they cold unclothed, covered in fur, and starving. That leap was not trial and error.

As for the Mythic God you are proposing. It's autism. Godhood is Achievable. It's meshing back with the void and maintaining intelligence in the process so you can go anywhere and do anything. It's consciousness. Look up CIA projects in remote viewing. Even now OBE's are being proven scientifically valid.
>>
>>19269062
>>19269045
Reaching out to Conciousness is what the Monks hidden in Mountains do. They look within. As above so below. As within so without. You are a hollow perception receiving wave-forms of information that carry markers you can pick up as quantum data packets, or rather atomic structures. Eventually after developing Consciousness enough you can move the perception to a better more fulfilling place. It's insanity because in the infinite probability of void wave creation. It might as well be an insane Universe. Use the sandbox mesh as you wish. It's Ordered Neutrality.
>>
>>19269045
>Let me deconstruct.
Please do.

>I said God is evolved, Science is his teaching.
No, I just didn't bother reading the whole thread. I also wouldn't have cared to decipher which posts were yours if I had, and would have said exactly the same thing I did just based on your replies to me. This post aside: >>19268713
You haven't provided any real knowledge either about or in relation to God as an entity or a state we can achieve. Repeating that it's possible does nothing to expound upon the idea that he's doing this so we can grow or evolve to his level.

Unfortunately I disagree at this point because I'm an atheist and I also don't consider technology to be a valid means to spiritual exploration.
>>19269072
A non-sentient God can't intent to uplift anyone. If it relies on you to do everything yourself, up to and including inventing the very idea of God in the first place, then God, as a level to achieve, means less than your own ability to imagine and create.

Which is the atheist perspective. God being just an idea invented by men implies that God is none of the things it was worshiped to be.
>>
>>19269123
>>19269072

For the 50 millionth time.
God is an achievable state.
Once intelligence achieves that states it can do as it pleases. I don't know what you mean by I have provided zero evidence.

You mean source? You fucking retards need so much fucking spoonfeeding, meanwhile I'm just trying to dig out of you what fucking source you want?
https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP96-00789R003300210001-2.pdf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40WXm2Xy60I
Project Stargate. Human remote has an unexpectedly high rate of success. Thus you can see things from beyond your vision. The U.S government trained psychic warriors to spy on Russia during the Cold War
All you have done is

>Muh zero evidence provided
>I didn't read the whole thread
>I'm just skimming
>Technology can't supercede that, even though the CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY OF THE UNITED STATES FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AND MULTIPLE OTHER RESEARCH ORGANIZATION AND INCREDIBLY HIGH LEVEL THINKING SCIENTISTS DISAGREE WITH ME

Science becomes indstiguishable from magic in a post Transhuman world. This idea is not up for debate. It's entirely in the realm of possibility. Now maintaining your dick so you can stroke and become god. Figure that out for yourself.

Consciousness is the possibility for unlimited intelligence. It isn't hippy shit, it is an actual higher state of existence.

In humans remote viewing however only works about 3/4 of the time.

Learning anymore about this requires insider knowledge of the Government.
>>
>>19266876
Youre evil
>>
>>19269162
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/hay-festival/11627386/Humans-will-become-God-like-cyborgs-within-200-years.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3096393/The-rich-God-like-cyborgs-Historian-claims-wealthy-transform-new-type-human-200-years.html

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22630191-100-the-human-universe-could-we-become-gods/

Technology will supercede humanity at one point because humans will be more interested in human things and technology will just keep advancing. This isn't hard to understand. It's how things play out. Something keeps advancing unimpeded and becomes indistinguishable from a God. It all came from the void, so did that information that made one a God. So start into the fucking void. It's why everyone is constantly bitching about zero point energy.
>>
>>19269168
Godhood isn't impossible, it's achievable on every level. It's infinite just like the void everything came from. The saturation of existence.
>>
>>19269170
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity
>>
>>19269162
>God is an achievable state.
That's not what I'm arguing against. I'm saying that a *sentient* creator deity that is able to create *with intent* and any part of that intent being to uplift people to that state, failed miserably. There are a billion other types of worlds he could have created to uplift us. If it was this world he created to act as the means to uplift us, then either he botched the design, or, as we can deduce from the fact that we're all able to learn anything we please, failed in actually executing that part of his intent.

>provided zero evidence
I said you provided no *knowledge* aside from (assuming you're the original anon who replied to OP) the basic idea of >>19268713 and the statement >>19269045
>I said God is evolved, Science is his teaching.

I have no problem with those argument. I'm saying that, within the framework of the concept, any gods playing a role of creator or guide are all failing miserably so far.

And no because people value things like shoes. I can imagine someone *wanting* to participate in modern society and *still* achieving god status. It just depends on what they want, and of course, how any existing god presents itself.

>what fucking source you want?
I don't *need* a source. I'm responding to your reasoning, and using your own logic to assess the state of the world as I see it. I'm not arguing that you're wrong, I'm arguing that *by that metric*, God is shit. I'm not even saying God doesn't actually want to uplift us, I'm only saying he's shit at it. That's all. Nothing more.
>>
>>19269162
>Technology can't supercede that
Technoloy can do a lot of things. I'm not saying it can't be used for spiritual purposes. I said that I, personally, do not believe it to be the means to access spirituality from a state of not having accessed spirituality before. It can be a powerful tool, but it won't be what awakens you to your true potential. Neither, apparently, does the idea of God awaken people to their true potential. (Or else organized religion skews people's ideas of God in a spiritually degrading manner, and the idea itself is thus far only a philosophical quandary.)

>Science becomes indstiguishable from magic
Only to the unlearned.

Unless you're literally a simulation fag and you think the universe was computable all along. In that case have a nice day, because I don't care to refute that argument again. (Not that I've refuted it in this thread, just saying that I tire of refuting that specific belief system.)

>Consciousness is the possibility for unlimited intelligence.
You know you're actually pretty lucid for a guy that missed the point of my argument. I'm not sure why it wasn't clear that I wasn't trying to refute your beliefs. You probably picked up on the atheist energy I exude and argued against the stance you've come to expect from other atheists.

I blame Christianity for this fuckup in understanding. It sounds like we're pretty much on the same page, if you can confirm that you don't buy into the simulation hypothesis.
>>
>>19269202
Ah, so your opinion, which as I stated earlier was an appeal to emotion, specifically your own. Nothing wrong with this imo. There isn't anything more to that argument though. It's literally just your opinion on the status of things. The nervous system emits an em field shared with the Earth. The Earth interfaces with the sun outwards probably to infinity(Singularities). Your existence is a complex energetic equation. That is also all it is. Any sufficiently advanced God can continue to simulate that after death. Somewhere else.

Sorry for being aggressive. This board is cancer though. You come here thinking the discussion will get better, then three fucking vampire threads are on the front page. "The shoes and shit people" I really did respect your intellect through this whole thing.
>>
>>19269232
This, modern Christianity is an abomination. Jesus was just a watered down Bhudda. Who watered himself down so he didn't get stoned to death before he could spread his teachings.

As for simulation theory, since everything is just an energetic wave form born from the void. Were the void to have a perspective which is impossible to say. It could very well be some half-simulated existence. Not in a computer, but existence creating existence.
>>
>>19269249
Although I guess that summarizes the spirituality of M-theory.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1499372302939.jpg (21KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1499372302939.jpg
21KB, 540x960px
>>1926687
>muh poorly thought out edge

Firstly the only disease God created was the human kind. Anything else was a subsequent effect of self inflicted violence and neglect by man itself.

The point of not interfering with worldly matters is to stress the importance of free will. If He forced all of life to bend to his will there'd be point in being God.

But the bible itself shows a plethora of counter examples in which God deliberately interferes with mankind so there's one proof for the discrepancy of the bible.
Stop wasting your time and more importantly our time with this stupid crap.
Also
/thread
>>
>>19269280
/thread

You can't /thread your own posts senpai. Yes the point is beaten to death God isn't evil. Yes you are correct in almost all things. But you can't /thread your own posts.
>>
>>19269242
>It's literally just your opinion on the status of things.
No, I don't attach any emotion to the statement that God is objectively shit at uplifting people to his level. I just call it like I see it. It is my opinion that there's been a massive failure, but I don't attribute it to any hypothetical creator deity's intent.
>I really did respect your intellect through this whole thing.
Thanks, it takes a lot to admit that. Honestly I was starting to get worried you were gonna back out and call troll at some point. *projecting mildly*

As far as the vampire shit goes... It seems like it's isolated enough to its own threads that it doesn't affect the discourse beyond them. (In my opinion.)
>>19269249
I can tolerate that. What bugs me is when people try to use determinism to refute free will, without showing that the universe is actually computable, when all evidence points to the contrary.
>>
>>19269306
When I say opinion I automatically include perception. Because perception itself is partially an opinion on whats observable. It's not so much happy/sad as it is how you interpret the place and status of your existence within greater existence. Because people aren't being uplifted right now, god is shit.

My feelings on this subject that didn't come through my autism, is that it's too early to say God isn't uplifting us. After all through trial and error truth has always eventually been found. What we are finding with EM field manipulation is that humans are more connected than we believe. The "soul" of humanity might just be the distortions in our EM field of earth. We could possibly be a collective in development and not even know it. The elites keep dropping hints in films that humans will start to develop some kind of ESP. The brain as we know is hardly used to it's full potential, we could just be unlocking whats locked away in the brain.

At the end of the day, existence doesn't matter too much. Because as certain as it is, it is equally uncertain, especially since it's always in motion.
>>
>>19266876
If God is evil, then all of his creations are also evil
>>
>>19269300
/thread

/thread
>>
>>19269344
Dubs of truth, you can now /thread your own post.
>>
>>19269331
>We could possibly be a collective in development and not even know it.
Thanks. I can appreciate and even respect your beliefs, even if I don't exactly share 'em. Maybe it's not even your beliefs I respect, but the clarity with which it seems you care to form them. I tend to be a little shy, so I'm not the most comfortable with the gestalt concept, but I suppose that's not a valid refutation of that potential.
>>
File: 1495057392113.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1495057392113.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>19269394
Bringing tears to my eyes anon. Literally, these meetings are pretty rare where discussion can occur.

I started truly shaping my beliefs from the idea that nothing is certain to have existed before I was as there is no concrete proof of it, at least for me. I don't believe that means people didn't exist either. The term Truth is Stranger than fiction has been a guiding point in life. Being serious here, I don't care that much about immortality or Godhood. I could die happy having walked on the moon, or orbited Jupiter.
>>
>>19266876
If God really is evil, what is the real alternative? I cannot worship and serve one who is evil...
>>
>>19269512

This is the mindfuck that is played on us.

To distinguish between the real God and the False one.

The God with a Big G is not the same as the god with a little g.

The Lord is really an Archon. The Chief Archon or the First Ruler. But all Archons are a creation of another.

It was the Aeon Sophia who made Yaldabaoth according to Gnostic Tradition. And all Aeons are Emanations of the One.
>>
>>19266876
got some bad new for you anon

you dont like it, but he destroys evil for you, why question how he does it? pretty sure god can handle his own karma. he doesnt need you whining to us about it

Isaiah 45:7King James Version (KJV)

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
>>
>>19266876
>porpuse
He has hated us ever since we climbed out of the oceans. He prefers swimming mammals.
>>
File: 1475374470720.gif (3MB, 275x248px) Image search: [Google]
1475374470720.gif
3MB, 275x248px
>>19266876
Reading through your points, I can actually justify every single one with any christian argument.

Try harder.
>>
Jesuit shills, you don't know the truth.

If wrongdoing and little egotistical word battles and backbiting was the path of God, our religion would not be Christendom. It is y'all who have it wrong.
>>
>>19269611
It depends on the extent of the works that God is doing, per say

Some get not a damn thing and live a life of suffering while others live high on a throne or with favoritism and blessings ascribed apparently at random
>>
File: 1485041737641.jpg (696KB, 1207x1167px) Image search: [Google]
1485041737641.jpg
696KB, 1207x1167px
>>19267535
Hold up, you sound like you believe in gods. Like, you're almost making sense but you're still assuming there's gods.
>>
>>19269701
>purist faggot comes in thread
>backbites all other Christians
>uses egotistical wordbattle tactics to shit on everyone
>like every other Christian ever
>INB4christfag uses this response as an excuse to refuse to communicate properly
>>
File: 1498689789424.jpg (628KB, 1560x2153px) Image search: [Google]
1498689789424.jpg
628KB, 1560x2153px
>>19268127
How about you try not reading fantasy as history.
>>
>>19266876
Two ezpz solutions. God be God yo and trying to understand what is essentially a "benevolent" eldritch being that could probably plan for us beyond not only multiple live but also the material itself, might not be the most easy thing for our fleshy selves, or big G ain't the Jewish sun god hes supposed to be, hes bigger and more conceptual (maybe everything ever adds up to him, or some mystical cosmic pizzazz like that) and Jesus wasn't exactly looking to get crucified earlier than he needed to.
>>
>>19268682
Hurr Durr the Universe is alive because everyone says gods exists so they must, right? Lurr Durr
>>
>>19269723
Wrong again, shill

You are not deep enough to appreciate truth
>>
>>19269718
Perhaps you are referring to another, but obviously I am not guilty of the wrongdoing of which I've said the guilty party is guilty of
>>
>>19269726
The God of Abraham is certainly not a "sun god" in the scriptures...
>>
File: tumblr_mrgmtyvBlt1rmerh9o1_500.jpg (54KB, 500x594px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mrgmtyvBlt1rmerh9o1_500.jpg
54KB, 500x594px
>>19269730
Shill for what? Sense? Thinking?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

You cultist suckers are god damned.
>>
>>19269569
Really interesting! Ty anon! <3
>>
>>19269749
Shill for malicious and erroneous parties pushing a narrative... what did they pay you for that post, shill?
>>
>>19269738
>obviously
It's not obvious. When someone does it intentionally, it's called hypocrisy. I'm not accusing you of being a hypocrite, mind. I'm just saying there are a ton of faggot Christians who use pretense of moral superiority to defy that fact that they are utter shitheads who refuse to communicate.

I don't know (OR CARE) what "Jesuits" means to you, so I chose to take the opportunity to shitpost just in case you were a faggot. If you feel like you communicate well enough with other Christians, I don't even give a shit. I'm not even going to ask what you meant if you didn't intend non-Christians to "get it" right away.
>>
>>19269569
Ty, finally some real spiritual teaching and not backbiting
>>
>>19269744
Probably war god then. I just thought I had remember him having been some particular Canaanite deity before becoming a full on general grand god.
>>
>>19269765
I think those Christians are simply indoctrinated, so they are not intending to be evil but are brainwashed so to speak....these are my honest thoughts
>>
>>19269765
"I don't care" is a loser's attitude.
>>
File: 1467906002404.gif (415KB, 768x256px) Image search: [Google]
1467906002404.gif
415KB, 768x256px
>>19269763
Who do you imagine paid me to bust your bubble? Like, the Illuminati or something?
The Devil? I mean what in the world are you picturing? YOU'RE the one who fell for a fairy story. Face the world honestly, man. Gods are laughable.
>>
>>19269782
Thanks. Then I hope you can understand when I say that while I respect your faith, I don't respect Christianity.
>>
I hate people who defend the creator. There is way to much suffering in this world. It is not a good place.
>>
File: 1497906403157.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1497906403157.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>19269807
Also remember there's no creator to defend.
>>
File: Aloka_Buddha_Norwich-709119-1.jpg (293KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Aloka_Buddha_Norwich-709119-1.jpg
293KB, 1280x960px
>>19266876
Abrahamic meta politics

That's all. Come to the true side, brah
>>
>>19269875
Did this come out of a study of truth?
>>
File: raxmesdefault.jpg (187KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
raxmesdefault.jpg
187KB, 1280x720px
God is a tulpa created in the minds of consciousness. He can be whatever really. Or she.
>>
>>19269728
Why do laws of nature even exist? Why can't they be broken? Keep babbling little sheep, enjoy the whimsy of you dead vision for the Universe.
>>
>>19269978
Universe is a tulpa.
>>
File: Mountain.jpg (3MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Mountain.jpg
3MB, 1080x1920px
>>19270383
Hurr Durr if something exists it's gotta be because my creator god Gurbalurr Durr
>>
>>19266876
One belief I've heard is one I find fascinating. I'll try to tl;dr it:

Creator made everything, and it was perfect. Creator double-checked it, making sure he didn't miss anything before placing his penultimate creation (mankind) in its best place.

In the mean time, some of the lower (than Himself) entities began realizing Creator had given the ability to create (conceptualize original ideas and bring them to fruition) to mankind, but not to them. But some realized they could change what had been made, and so began doing so.

Creator was very much a passive being, and not the actively all-powerful one people think. He's more of a set-it-into-motion type.

It's like a large group of people: One may set up a room just right, and then the rest show up and start fucking up all the hard work.
>>
>>19266876
>what is Demiurge
>Catholics burnt all the Gnostics
>>
>>19266959
According to the Bible, which is made up of an Old Testament mixed between fables, a mish-mash of multicultural oral history, and eventually experienced a massive re-write to put a religious mandate onto a population in order to control them -- and a New Testament which has been very heavily and repeatedly edited, changed, and ultimately formed into a tool to keep people under the heavy thumb of the Roman empire perpetuated under the guise of the Catholic Church, not to mention the smatterings of occultic meanings, and parts of forked religions which were somehow overlooked, we were made to be mindless worhsippers of the Creator.
>>
>>19266884
this has nothing to do with /pol/, newfag
>>
>>19271001
who are those lower entities?
>>
Also remember we were made in his image so where do you think hate, violence and the like comes from. Not to mention there is a point where he tells the Isrealites to completely murder entire people's, even killing innocent babies. And all the animals that those people owned. Like wtf an innocent child who doesn't know right from wrong or even has a choice.
>>
>>19266876

Everything you've attributed to "god," Is no more than man's limited and flawed understanding of a higher power, thinking only in selfish and self serving terms to not only explain away his ignorance, but to control others.

If God is evil in your estimation, then so to, and to a greater extent, is man. Because man readily walks the path of, what you consider, a malevolent being.

This is literally the most shallow and asinine thing I've read all day. Might as well call "god" evil for not allowing people to live for 900+ years, like the bible says they did in Numbers.

God is dead, Op. We killed him. We killed him by corrupting religion as a whole, and people like you, will likely never see anything more than a parody of faith. Never realizing how everything was neatly packaged up for you and distorted over time. It was all down hill from Constantine to King James II. After, the incline only got steeper.

Why the hell does this make my dick so hard? Is it because Zarathustra has possessed my man-tackle?
>>
The truth is modern religions were created simply to herd people into pacification, and fear. fear of arm from a higher power prevents people from overthrowing the ruling class. Modern religion was a tool of mass control. Some people don't understand this and conflate spirituality with religion, when spirituality can be achieved merely by the diverse range of complex human experiences that we can perceive.
>>
>>19271173
>>
Dude, you're a moron. I'm guessing trying to prove how smart you are to your parents. God is something that you'll need time and meditation to understand. Disease? Really. That's where you see the absence of a God. What about the inherit pointlessness of existence. Man, widen your perception and think abstractly. Fuckin cocksucker.
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>19271158
>Also remember we were made in his image so where do you think hate, violence and the like comes from
as young einstein said, is the absense of good that creates those things
>>
File: 1466182513682.jpg (1MB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1466182513682.jpg
1MB, 640x960px
>>19271209
Whoa, calm down namefag. Go meditate some more.
>>
>>19271173
Son what's your idea of God. Is he a sentient creator with desire and opinion and physiological familiarity to the humanity it invented. Or rather is god a current of undertow energy thats only function is to facilitate, perpetuate, and preserve the emergence and growth of life. Cuz I'm on the whole god search journey and am in need of some goddam discourse.
>>
File: 1471994791840.gif (657KB, 1000x576px) Image search: [Google]
1471994791840.gif
657KB, 1000x576px
>>19271240
There are no gods, bro. They only exist in stories. People tell stories. Do not believe people's stories. Belief is almost exclusively for suckers. A tool of salesmen and slavers.
>>
File: WAIT.jpg (62KB, 640x499px) Image search: [Google]
WAIT.jpg
62KB, 640x499px
>I have theological questions, should I ask theologians or call someone who might actually be able to answer my questions?
>No I'll shitpost on an internet roleplay forum so I don't actually have to talk to people with answers, this way I can assume I'm right without actually challenging my beliefs

It's the same as saying "Earth's flat, right puppy? See, puppy barked, so I'm right!", it's confirmation bias. There's an infinite amount of information out there as to why evil exists OP, you're intentionally avoiding it and Im not impressed.
>>
>>19266876
>worship God
>live for eternity in heaven
>don't worship God
>love for eternity in hell
>don't want to exist for eternity period
Why can't I just choose to not exist after I die?
>>
>>19266876
>Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?

From human will and demonic influence. Epicurus is such a retard.
>>
File: goldberg-ring.jpg (71KB, 880x587px) Image search: [Google]
goldberg-ring.jpg
71KB, 880x587px
>>19268675
It's like setting up an incredibly complex Rube Goldberg machine and then punishing the dominos when they set your curtains on fire.

God is an asshole in the Bible.
>>
>>19266876
i really dont understand christ fags JHWH rigged it all from the start and lucifer was the only one who had the balls too do anything about it
>>
>>19266876
>he still does not know why evil exists
must be fun to be a brainlet.
>>
>>19267567
cow pee drinkers talking
>>
>>19269710
Depends on who he favors
>>
>>19266876
did He actually get mad about the Forbidden Fruit?
if He truly wanted them to not eat it why would He put the fucking tree there to begin with?!

lucifer didn't change anything, he played his role in the outcome that was intended in the first place

God WANTS suffering and pain and death so that He can jerk off when people choose to live and serve Him despite this shit He's putting us through
>>
>>19266876
your whole post is rife with examples of the seed to its own destruction

mainly:
>evil

grand, and how sure is your exact understanding/meaning of that?

I assume you think you can bring that meaning of your to the level of objectivity, yes?

if you can get the point of what ive said, i can possibly answer all of those questions for you
>>
>>19266876
All is one. The illusion of separation and evil gives the choice of "good" meaning and value.
>>
>>19266884
first: calm down

2nd: religion is accepted on /pol/, but is entirely outside of politics

the nature and actions of celestial and divine beings is 100% paranormal
>>
>>19266876
Because he is not what the Christians claim, he is El. His brother is Ea, who the Christians claim is Satan. They're not good/evil, they are gods of order/chaos. The Christians worship without context, nor explanation of their own religion.
>>
>>19266964
ridiculous mistranslation
>>
>>19273617

>Because he is not what the Christians claim, he is El. His brother is Ea, who the Christians claim is Satan. They're not good/evil, they are gods of order/chaos.

yeah, but no

>The Christians worship without context, nor explanation of their own religion.

same
also: hand-wavium, appeal to the stone
>>
>>19273635
Brilliant retort, you definitely know what you're talking about.
>>
>>19273602
Law of One!
>>
>>19272780

>if He truly wanted them to not eat it why would He put the fucking tree there to begin with?!

because without the possibility of choice, the whole existence of a sapient being is rendered meaningless

>
lucifer didn't change anything, he played his role in the outcome that was intended in the first place

no, He was separate from God, as are all but the Son and Holy Spirt, free to self-determine
>>
>>19273643
with your grand dissertation i somehow couldnt say the same and with greater cause?
>>
>>19273652
Greater cause? In which regard? Your "God" is a misrememberance of Sumerian beliefs. Enjoy being part of El's cult, I guess.
>>
>>19266876
Well my first thought is that this is very poor bait
>>
>>19273672

>Greater cause? In which regard?

did you not read:
>with your grand dissertation
and
>hand-wavium, appeal to the stone

you made some short & immensely broad, empty and meaningless assertions with _nothing_ to support them

and then another drizzle of wannabe sophistry:
>Enjoy being part of El's cult,

nice.
>>
>>19273828
There's only one here who is short and immensly broad, and that my friend is you.
>>
If you wont take part in the chess game then be taken like a pawn.
>>
>>19266876
Actually,im Catholic and all that Adam Eva shit its just a history for low knowledge people to give them an answer for the origin and purpose of man,it is considered fictional.Anyways it doesn't make any sense.
Thread posts: 165
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.