[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anomaly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1

File: mr bucket.jpg (28KB, 394x395px) Image search: [Google]
mr bucket.jpg
28KB, 394x395px
i am looking into forging a group,
the goal, identify and document anomaly's in our world, not aliens but things on our own world
>>
>>19265975
im down. how are you going to keep the group connected?
>>
google docs and hangouts
that way if we find information we can archive it and send it to others
>>
i am also open to ideas
>>
>>19265975
What would your group offer that others don't? Because there are already a lot of groups like this.
>>
3 things, complete anonymity to the people that come to us, an objective neutrality towards the suspected anomaly . and lastly transparency to the public except locations and names
also open to suggestions
>>
>>19265975
hmm not sure i like hangouts.. theres a lot of data blatantly stored on that app of people other than the user. what about something third party?
>>
>>19266032
i feel that becomes muddled and turns into secrecy "for the greater good." but yes, remaining purely focused on raw data would be best
>>
what did you have in mind?
>>
>>19266048
nothing yet, im currently researching more right now. discord is almost somewhat acceptable so thats a temporary option i suppose until a better networking system is in place. how serious are you trying to get?
>>
>>19266032
>complete anonymity to the people that come to us,
How would they remain anonymous if you are gonna investigate a claim properly? They need to not only contact you, but they also need to give details about whatever they are reporting and the circumstances surrounding it. They can't really be anonymous from you unless you would take on any spurious or half assed case. In which case, good luck. You are either rich and have time to waste running after any claim that is made, or just wanna waste your own time.

>an objective neutrality towards the suspected anomaly .
Anyone can offer that. And given you are recruiting from /x/, it isn't neutral. You are already starting off with a significant bias in favor of the paranormal.

>and lastly transparency to the public except locations and names
So, no transparency at all. Without any location or names or other information then how can anyone attempt to verify what you say? You may as well be writing creepypasta or doing an ARG if that is the level of transparency you are going for. Even so other groups already do remove names if a person requests it. This is no different.

>also open to suggestions
None of what you said was any different from what another group could offer, the only real difference is you have even worse methods, a larger bias, and don't even seem to understand the first thing about what actual investigation entails. So, you need to scrap this idea and go all the way back to the beginning and actually form something coherent and different. Otherwise you may as well join any other group or just give up. Because as is this is dead on arrival.
>>
im open to suggestions on a program and i am serious. that being said the anonymity is towards the public, we will know who is who but not the public. and as for the neutral what i meant was not jumping to conclusions but not ruling anything out . one thing you said is semi true, most of what we do release could be marked up as a story . some people dont want tourists knocking on there door or to become famous, they want help. but thank you for your feed back
>>
>>19266077
im trying to find out what forethought has been put already. have some faith just hang on he is open to suggestions anyways
>>19266105
there will definitely have to be actual footwork and man hours put into it if you want to find anything worthwhile (not a Pasta). im willing to do actual research but not at the expense of being the only one actually exploring the world and reporting findings. if interviews are necessary then they are necessary, doesnt mean videotaping the interview is. my sources will be kept mine unless they choose to share info with the rest.
>>
This sounds pretty rad, I'd be down.
>>
i will be willing to put forth foot work and man hours , hopefully we can gather a large enough group that there wont be to much struggle finding information and doing the foot work.
i also agree with you entirely about the interviews
>>
How would this work though? I'm sure we're all located in different areas, would we merely do research and that's it, or would we go investigate? Or would we need a big enough group to cover (a) country(s)
>>
>>19266154
i was thinking we individually do research and if possible investigate. here in WA theres plenty of "spooky" to try and debunk and most of my friends would be down for at least a two hour road trip to see something cool like that. then we report all data recovered with photos and videos if possible to the group
>>
for now we would travel to our sight of investigation. once large enough we could simply have one of ours in the region of investigation go check it out and report the findings back to us. though that is a long time from now
>>
i to am from Washington perhaps as a trial run we could investigate mells hole in elensburg
>>
>>19266178
I'm in southern CA, there isn't much for spooky stuff around here, except for lots of tribal grounds, not many people I know are into the paranormal though.
>>
sounds awesome I'm in
>>
Interested.
>>
ok mells hole it is then, for now we could post our findings on mells hole on here so people can see our work
>>
>>19266206
so i think a pseudonym is in order cause >>19266195 and >>19266196 was not me lol but i am down anyways. lets get a discord going or something to keep it alive.
>>
>>19266193
Im in socal same situation
>>
>>19266269
Luckily the tribal grounds are pretty close to me, have you heard of any places with potential spooks?
>>
that is odd and i agree with you we should get started
>>
i am downloading it now and i will see whats in the area for you trin
>>
mr-bucket
>>
Be rigorous admins and dont let cointelpro get in and mislead new members
>>
i agree
>>
>>19266328
yeah, thats why i wanted to move third party eventually. this is just for the interim.
>>
it seems to be going smoothly
>>
>>19266277
Trin would you like to join as another admin?
>>
>>19266368
I already joined
>>
>>19266021
Free reach-arounds to new members.
>>
most certanly not
>>
>>19265975
Looks into IRS tax codes. 501 (c). Organize as either a social group or a fraternity. This requires a membership fee, but allows the group to fall under safe harbor laws, and tax exemption. You will also need a place to organize in person. Provide such a place, for the sake of falling under IRS guidelines. This throws anonymity out the window, but helps to establish a "presence" in the average persons mind.

Advertise, and interview the people who come to you. Provide assurance that THEIR anonymity will remain intact. Audio recording helps during interviews.

Create a public record of each interview and your findings. With a 501 (c) status, you will be able to get some Web hosting options geared more to your needs at a fair price, which can be written off on taxes, as the cost of doing business. Keep the record online, but also keep physical copies.

If you choose to Interview people, transcribe audio recordings, and distort the persons voice. Youtube, as well as a website will be useful, both in advertising and showing your findings. Link from videos back to your site. Generally to the record pertaining to the video.
>>
that sounds interesting tell me more
>>
>>19265975
>anomalies
What, like ghosts and Canadians?
>>
>>19266456
Or Canadian ghost!
>>
would interest me
>>
Im in.
Arizona here.
>>
I'm in Savannah, ga. Lots of stuff like that around here
>>
>>19265975
Would this be like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. IRL? If so I'm in.
>>
To anyone that's interested
https://discord.gg/Rn2BuZ
>>
>>19265975
Any payment options or is this all out of the good of our hearts?
>>
>>19267469
Science basically, everything is self-funded, the group is just a means to coordinate and share findings
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.