[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does x think of monastaries, would you join one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

Are there esoteric/mystic monasteries with the knowledge we seek? do we need monasteries to seriously investigate the things we are interested in on x
>>
File: 2 Thumbs Up.gif (940KB, 280x205px) Image search: [Google]
2 Thumbs Up.gif
940KB, 280x205px
>>19260236
>monastaries, would you join one?
>>
>>19260263

you would be better running a brothel in France, would attract a similar crowd to x, good for gathering intellegence and meeting the odd people who are well traveled

not to mention money for expeditions to antartica and shit
>>
File: AgiaTriada-Meteora.jpg (374KB, 2532x1735px) Image search: [Google]
AgiaTriada-Meteora.jpg
374KB, 2532x1735px
>>19260236
I could imagine living in a monastery, it seems like a comfy, albeit spartan, kind of life. There is an Orthodox monastery near where I live in upstate New York where they raise dogs, and apparently they're so good at it that there's a long waiting list to get one of their trained dogs.
>>
>>19260236

They are simply a palette swap of the same problems you encounter trying to deepen your spiritual understanding in normal society. Same problems of ego, infighting, strife, discord, etc. Now, if you *really* want to get spiritually swole, you're either going to have to become an independent anchorite (hermit), or become a wanderer. People in groups period are bad for spiritual development. No two ways about that.
>>
>>19260377

maybe we need both monastaries with strict rules and then meeting places like bars/ coffee houses/ libraries or a combination of the above as a common watering hole for the monks, amateurs , academic skeptics ,and newbies
>>
>>19260565
We need free speech so that no matter where the truth spreads, nobody can shut it down.
>>
>>19260579

the rules in monastaries would simply only be to minimize the internal issues of being in groups, kind of like benedictines
>>
>>19260236
Living in a monastery is meant to be a very simple, calm, quiet, regulated life. It is meant to allow you to stop putting your mind and awareness on what to do evryday, where things will be, who you will interact with, what the news is,...ALL the unknown and variety and dynamics of everyday life most people want - the monastery is meant to cut that out.

THEN, you can put your mind on spiritual matters. If you can manage it, it is the best life. If lack of material stimulation and enjoyment causes you too much agitation, then it's better to leave the monastery and find a balance between your spiritual and material life.
>>
Yes there are esoteric societies and schools/libraries

X should give them a visit sometime if it could ever get off its LARPing ass
>>
>>19262611

The rosacrucians have many libraries around the world
>>
>>19262660
they also have a lot of rope
>>
>>19260236

New age bullshit Monastaries are too close to cults senpai
>>
>>19262681
thats what puts me off, id love the idea of bros swearing off women and worldy posessions so they can study and philosphies about the world and god and get spiritulay buff, but its like you say
>>
File: 1494906694715.png (229KB, 541x376px) Image search: [Google]
1494906694715.png
229KB, 541x376px
>>19260236
they're bullshit
>want to apply to live in a monastery in europe (I've found some, but they all demand to follow their denomination)
>they have a fucking laundry list of shit demands to even consider you
>at the same time every blog and website of theirs are bitching about lack of people joining and how monasteries are dying

gee you know if you actually allowed to people join without having to go through a 6 month test period at the end of which they can still tell you to fuck off, not to mention that you absolutely have to follow whatever niche of christianity they have decided to autistically to double down on MAYBE people would not just consider joining but would also be able to pass your requirements

or they can just cease existing that's cool as well
>>
>>19262803
at this point I'd rather work my ass of to make my own little retreat or monastery of artisans, artists, craftsmen, academics and so on where your faith doesnt matter and anyone can join to escape society for as long as you need
but maybe I'm being awfully naive
>>
>>19262817

gee, that sounds awfully like a college/ university

I wonder why they dont have that kind of atmosphere anymore
>>
>>19263019
>>19262817

it can still be done in libraries/ Cafes/bars
>>
>>19260236
I wouldn't join one if there's only guys.
>>
>>19264600

you are looking for a whorehouse, you seek onyl sensation

then again, whore can be useful spies/ informants on their clients, and the money can be used for expeditions and science and shit
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.