[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All this pedagogory and naval gazing with vague words

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

Why do you all waste your time trying to relearn what philosophers gong back as far as the Greeks have already debated instead of reading what is already known and then comparing and contrasting before giving your own interpretations
>>
>>19259681
Why do you waste your time making a thread like this instead of making one presenting some of the information you believe people so desperately need to examine?
>>
The learning process for philosophy is a process of training oneself to expect that complicated linguistic expressions still have exact meaning such that every word counts. It's like the driest kind of poetry imaginable: everything is structured or else it is flawed. A philosopher who is not a poet will not have success; a poet who is not a philosopher will not deserve success.
>>
>>19259681
Because the ability to think is infinitely more valuable than the ability to read and memorize.
>>
>>19259714
>>19259693

why do people think they have come across something new that has not already been explained and written about
>>
>>19259722
Because the horseshit you're advertising for isn't popular enough for people to realize how deeply it's all been considered before. Also because organized religion and industrialized """"education""""" don't aim for knowledge.
>>
My experience reading philosophy is that it's mostly ideas that were probably radical at the time but seem blindingly obvious now, or it's so far from my frame of reference that I don't know what to make of it.
>>
>>19259758

>organized religion and modern education
>Greek theories of the universe and conversations similar to what 4chan has all day everyday

the only thing organized religion and modern education has done is convince you Hellenistic era philosophy is a bunch of smelly old faggots who like to hear themselves talk with vague termenology, and that there were no other philosophies/ theories of understanding elsewhere in the world at the same time
>>
>>19259775

if its so obvious then simple minded, no wait im sorry, INTELLECTUALS on x can surely debate and incorporate it into their own debates and theories
>>
>>19259681
Sometimes I just feel like watching some boats. No need to be a dick about it.
>>
>>19259779
You're reading too much into this. You asked why the world is shit, I told you why it's shit. It doesn't represent my opinions on or understanding of Greek philosophers or any other group in history.
>>
>>19259793
Ideas like "who better to work wood than a carpenter" don't really factor into anything I wonder about though.
>>
>>19259820

what if I told you there were people before you who believed the same
>>
Philosophy is largely intellectual masturbation by white males. It is useful but it isn't everything. If you aren't called to be a philosopher and devote your life to it then there will always be some philosopher dweeb who can prove that black is white and win an argument, in the face of evidence to the contrary. So, don't bother. It's interesting to dip into, but becomes a rabbit warren of subtle inflections and disagreements about semantics giving rise to whole new branches. It begins to lose touch with reality, and simple answers to simple questions, and truths which should be self-evident, become unnecessarily elevated to the bizarre and obscure heights of intellectual discourse.

OP's assertion that everything we discuss here on /x/ has been previously explored by "philosophers gong (sic) back as far as the Greeks" sums this up perfectly. To a philosopher, there is nothing which philosophy cannot debate and explore imtellectually. To a mystic or an esotericist, this is a ludicrous proposition. You don't learn to swim by debating it. It doesn't happen in your head. You have to get in the water and experience it.
>>
>>19259912
>>
>>19259959

esoterics lean more towards hedonism, but of course there are variations within it

https://prezi.com/erecvbfpbku8/copy-of-philosophy-hedonism/
>>
>>19259975

just labels man
>>
>>19259975

esoterics are in their own right
>>
>>19259912
>white males
Bigotry detected, rejecting opinion.
>>
>>19259681
BECAUSE THIS IS /X/ why would we wanna think for ourselves? every time we do shit like 7/7/17 comes up.
>>
>>19259912
>white males
that kinda proves that at least we try to think for ourselves unlike some black and sandy negros
>>
>>19260716
Not sure if trolling... ya sure fooled me there...

>>19261805
Yes, and thinking for ourselves and using mental faculties is OK as long as we don't lose sight of other modes of experience or expression; where intellectual understanding and discrimination serve to interpret and make sense of experience, not become the be all and end all in themselves.
>>
>>19259681
becuase humans have horrible memories,
so must record their history down on paper and stone tablets.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.