[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prove me magic is real

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: 470x600design_01.jpg (55KB, 470x600px) Image search: [Google]
470x600design_01.jpg
55KB, 470x600px
I want to believe in magic but I can t
>>
The first trick is just believing whatever's convenient at the time.
>>
>>19258783
Depends on what you aspect of magick.
>>
>>19258783
Prove you're real.
>>
>>19258783
Sorry OP, you're either born with it or you aren't. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news..
>>
File: 1499451421178.png (43KB, 1480x1414px) Image search: [Google]
1499451421178.png
43KB, 1480x1414px
This is now a burrito thread
>>
File: Hellblazer-Leonardo-Manco.jpg (69KB, 500x709px) Image search: [Google]
Hellblazer-Leonardo-Manco.jpg
69KB, 500x709px
>>19258864
>>
File: 1498190582293.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1498190582293.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
you're probably not aware that you're already doing it
>>
>>19258902
Any cunt can practice it, not every cunt can do it.
>>
>>19258783
Does it have to be "real"?

If it affects you or if it helps you experience weird things, that should be enough.
>>
File: captcha_JUAN_Mariachi.jpg (4KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
captcha_JUAN_Mariachi.jpg
4KB, 300x57px
>>19258783
Trying too hard rarely gets good results. It's usually that you're trying wrong rather than not trying hard enough. Maybe don't try, be open to the possibility, and see what comes of it. Maybe believing isn't what you need in your life. Maybe the certainty you think you want wouldn't be good for you.

Or maybe you're just waiting for the right bouncing ball to follow.
>>
>>19258864
Roleplayer who read too much Harry Potter. Magic is a matter of frame of mind and skill you develop, not birth.
>>
>>19259341
Sounds to me like you take that frame of mind for granted, friend. Only 5% of people are capable of true magic. Which is still a lot of people, but by no means is it everyone.
>>
>>19259439
Not for granted - sure, acquiring that frame of mind isn't easy but everyone can do this to some degree. To my knowledge, it's hardly easily cookie cut as "this % can do it" - anyone can learn to do something to some degree in regards to magic, some people will be just better at it. Very similar to any rather advanced, demanding skill - there will be struggling people and those above average.

From what I see, most of the lack of success with any esoteric arts stems not from some innate diability but from most materials, teachers etc being crap and the very attitude and aforementioned frame of mind used for magic being very a unnatural thing for a typical person living in modern society.

Propagate quality learning materials, point people to those who actually know their shit and after some time you'll notice an influx of practitioners somehow better than average.
>>
File: herman.png (653KB, 625x400px) Image search: [Google]
herman.png
653KB, 625x400px
>>19258957
>Herp a derp, everything's magicK
I don't know if I trust Crowley.

>>19259341
>>19259439
In what way is magic any different from any other learned skill? Some have an innate talent, and others work hard, and it pays off. The only thing keeping most from not doing it is because they have no interest.

People have told me they could never draw as well as I do. Well, I draw like shit, so obviously they're not even making an effort. Same goes with magic.
>>
>>19258870
Oh, I forgot to devote his sacrifice. To Echs, to Kek, to memes, to having a Pepe avatar
>>
>>19259893

Magick is more a reframing of what you already do, rather than learning a new skill. You already create change through will everyday, you just write it off as normal behaviour. You don't learn a new skill as much as unlearn the limiting beliefs which no longer serve you & relearn a better one.

Then it's just going what do I want / what am I attracting, and how do I change myself so reality around me then appears to change.
>>
>>19260398
>Magick is more a reframing of what you already do
And that is...?
>You already create change through will everyday, you just write it off as normal behaviour.
What do you mean, like making a sandwich? In what daisies-and-rainbows world is that magic?
>You don't learn a new skill as much as unlearn the limiting beliefs which no longer serve you & relearn a better one.
So basically, "Forget what you knew about sandwiches, add pickles to that toasted cheese"? I'm still not following. It's all very vague.
>>
>>19260738
Ooh, I don't think he's going to take you on. Sounds like the problem is you followed much too well.
>>
>>19260738
>Forget what you knew about sandwiches, add pickles to that toasted cheese
Yes, but also add shit that you actually want, and would complement the cheese. "Magick" as defined by Crowley was just, "Anything your mind does that goes beyond your mind and affects the world in any way, literally including blinking and shit you do unconsciously." (Mildly paraphrased.)
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.