[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's with the Baphomet pose in some stained glass pictures

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

What's with the Baphomet pose in some stained glass pictures of Jesus?
Is it only Baphomet when the other hand is pointing down? Is the idea that Baphomet is mocking Jesus?
>>
>>19258306
This gesture, in which his first two fingers and his thumb are extended and his third and fourth finger are closed, is among the most frequently occurring of Christ's hand gestures in Christian art. It emerged as a sign of benediction (or blessing) in early Christian and Byzantine art, and its use continued through the Medieval period, and into the Renaissance.
>>
>>19258338
>>19258306
But to answer your question, no, Baphomet doesn't have anything to do with mocking Jesus.
>>
>>19258349
Ye, satanists are so original that they have to hijack Catholic art, adding it to their pathetic cult.
>>
>>19258349
Oh ok, thanks for answering. I was in a church the other day and thought it was odd how his hand was like that.
Just a coincidence then
>>
>>19258367
What are you even talking about? Just because LaVey bastardize Baphomet doesn't mean it has satanic origins. Also, what are you on about "hijack Catholic Art"?
>>
>>19258569
>LaVey bastardize Baphomet

What are even talking about, you larping cuck.
>>
>>19258306
>Baphomet pose
What the fuck are you talking about?
>Is it only Baphomet when the other hand is pointing down?
I don't think you understand who Baphomet is.

Also, the pointing up and down refers to the concept of "As above, so below." Refers to a synchronicity between Heaven and Earth.
>>
>>19258367

Yeah because it's not like all of Christianity isn't plagiarized from pagan religions.

Oh wait
>>
>>19258591
kek nice meme, that has been debunked long ago. try using google, idiot.
>>
Let me share to you some Gnosis about Baphomet.

The Goat of Mendes was venerated in Egypt in the City of Mendes.

Mendes is a city known as The Domain of the Ram Lord of Djedet.

Mendes is also the home of Menes the first Pharaoh of the combined north and south empires.

Menes was the King of these joined regions. But more importantly he was a Human Offspring of the god Ra who is Marduk.

Marduk as the Sumerians know him is linked to the Astrological Symbol of the Ram. Ares.

Enlil was linked to Taurus. The Bull.

While Enlil Ruled in Taurus under the sign known as the Bull of Heaven, it was Marduk who was to take over under the Sign of the Ram.
>>
>>19258584
Well, Anton LaVey created "the Sigil of Baphomet" to be the symbol of his Church of Satan. to do this, he bastardized Eliphaz Levi's depiction of Baphomet. Not sure what any of this has to do with "LARPing" or "cucks," but those seem to be words people throw around when they are scared and confused. Discussing the history of an image that is being inquired about in OP is pretty standard, and I haven't actually said anything about what I believe or who I am. Just the facts.
>>
>>19258586
Not OP, but they are CLEARLY referring to the almost-universally recognized depiction of Baphomet by Eliphas Levi, and the ritual sign known as "The attitude of Baphomet."
>>
>>19258591
>le debunked zeitgeist maymay
>>
>>19258306
Are you retarded? Yes one hand needs to be pointing down, it's "as above, so below."
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.