[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dyatlov Pass incident

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 34

File: Dyatlov_Pass_incident_02.jpg (14KB, 250x198px) Image search: [Google]
Dyatlov_Pass_incident_02.jpg
14KB, 250x198px
What could have caused group of 9 experienced tourists to leave their tent during cold Siberian night without taking their shoes, warm jackets, headgear, food, weapons and then freeze to death in nearby forest 1 mile away?

There were no signs of avalanche, other humans, wilds animals or fire near the tent, it was in perfectly good condition even one month later when their bodies were found, there was even a decent sum of money and couple of other valueable items like cameras within which were not taken, ruling out theory that they were killed by criminals, angry locals or escaped convicts, also despite there being alcohol in the tent none of tourists had signs of alcohol or drugs in their bodies, meaning they were acting rational. And last thing, due to there being an official inverstigation it's obvious KGB or Soviet goverment weren't involved in murder because those guys wouldn't bother with hiding their tracks, Soviet Union was a totalitarian state which could openly get rid of it's enemies without bothering about bad PR or human rights, only 3 years later they killed dozens of workers during peaceful demonstration in Novocherkassk.

So if it wasn't avalanche, animals, criminals, intoxication or KGB then what killed them?
>>
>>19257180
Weren't several of the bodies mildly irradiated?
>>
Apparantely they crossed paths with a very sinister alien race.
>>
Этo был пpocтo шyтник
>>
>>19257192
Yes, some clothing was irradiated, but everything around it had normal doses of radiation, they even checked nearby rivers and soil, but found no source of anomaly
>>
>>19257216
????
>>
Demonic posession, leaving behind radiation on the articles of clothing it left the body through.
>>
>>19257226
Wasn't this all debunked? I remember hearing that the bodies were in fact tanned orange, but only from the Sun, especially as it reflected off of the snow.
Stripping naked is also supposedly a symptom of hypothermia/the fever it causes.
And the whole radiation part was just added to it.
>>
>>19257180
They accidently awoke an ancient finngolian steppe god and he cursed them with madness
>>
>>19257335
>Wasn't this all debunked? I remember hearing that the bodies were in fact tanned orange, but only from the Sun, especially as it reflected off of the snow. And the whole radiation part was just added to it.
No, only myth here is their bodies being unnatural color, they were buried in open coffins so their relatives who probably never even seen somebody who has been dead for over a month started making up crazy stories about either orange or black skin when in reality it was how somebody who has been dead for so long usually looks, medics doing autopsy found nothing unusual about their skin color. On the other hand them having some radioactive clothes is not a myth, investigators even had scientists doing radiation tests on site of death, which is not part of usual investigation.

>Stripping naked is also supposedly a symptom of hypothermia/the fever it causes.
You clearly never read the whole story, they didn't strip naked in the forest where they bodies were found, they left their comfy tent during the night already half-naked, 6 out of 9 had no shoes and one had only one shoe, only two had headgear, jackets and shoes, they froze to death couple miles outside of tent and all their clothes were inside, if they stayed inside all night none of this would have happened, but somebody clearly spooked them and they made a run from tent without even taking stuff necessary for survival in Siberia, also when some of the group died the rest took their clothes to warm themself up, so they were clearly rational, not in some fever, their real problem was how little clothes they had on them after leaving tent.

Very popular theory is that people who killed them forced them out of tent at gunpoint, to make them freeze to death instead of killing them with guns or knifes which would clearly look like murder
>>
>>19257192
It was certain pieces of clothing, IIRC they were actually contaminated with radiation in the lab after wards during the investigation due to poor evidence storage practices or at least that seems to be the most plausible explanation.
>>
I think it's pretty obvious they fled from something in a panic and got lost. Any bears around there?
>>
>>19257180
>none of tourists had signs of alcohol or drugs in their bodies..

I doubt the investigation was that thorough, some substances are only found when specifically searched for, in addition to many substance dissipate/are broken down very quickly into metabolites which might be untraceable. Could be some scientific (or by their own doing) experiment gone wrong.

It is also known that extreme conditions makes people crazy; gasses, temperature, isolation, rare natural phenomena etc.

It is also possible for what ever reason they left their tents for they couldn't find their way back even though they might have been in close proximity because of bad weather conditions, entirely plausible, but then the cause of leaving the tents themselves is still unknown.

A range of paranormal phenomena is also possible; mindcontrol, quickly dissipating radiation, aliens, cryptids, supernatural beings etc.

And I don't trust the former Soviet gov or KGB for shit, neither undercover agencies from other countries. Killing these people in whatever manner to hide the truth is very plausible.
>>
Another intersting thing is group itself, 8 of them were students from Sverdlovsk (modern Ekaterinburg) university aged 20-24, they were all good friends and already made many ski trips together, but 9th one is very suspicious, 38 years old dude who none of them knew well, he was WW 2 veteran who moved there only a year before incident and intoduced himself to the group as Alexander, despite actually being Semyon
>>
>>19257399
>And I don't trust the former Soviet gov or KGB for shit, neither undercover agencies from other countries. Killing these people in whatever manner to hide the truth is very plausible.
As I said, USSR was totalitarian country and KGB had endless power there, if it was them who killed those students they wouldn't even need to pass it as an incident and have investigation, they would just get rid of bodies and tell some bullshit story to relatives who would probably suspect something, but wouldn't dare to ask any questions, millions of people before and thousands after disappeared without a trace in that country and nobody discusses them 60 years later on Vietnamese cartoon imageboard
>>
>>19257399
>It is also known that extreme conditions makes people crazy
But they weren't acting crazy in the forest, they managed to make a fire, chopped wood and made warm flooring on the snow, took clothes of those who died first and tried to warm themself up, are you saying some gas or intoxication made them run to nearby wood nearly naked during the night, but then it wore off and they made logical attempts to survive?
>>
>>19257417
That they didn't get rid of the bodies doesn't mean that they weren't killed by the gov/KGB, I mean say that they wanted you to think that they would get rid of the bodies, so they didn't as to not cast suspicion, so that argument doesn't really work. It might also have been impossible to remove the bodies without casting suspicion during the event itself.

They might have died from government influence without the government knowing about it until afterwards, and then it was too late to hide it without looking suspicious.

>>19257424
'Crazy' might develop quite quickly, like being really cold or gases (NOx/SOx/CO2/whatever) might have quick onset and quick offset once you leave the area, imagine a local gas-leak or gas-presence could be almost zero 20 meter away.

I also thought about other possible reasons for this ordeal; They might have been exposed to an incredible high pitched sound or loud sound, and they were forced to leave the area immediately to not suffer permanent damage, or they were testing experimental drugs that shut down the perception of temperature, and they went out in the cold without feeling the blistering icy conditions, or (following the drug-trail) were thinking, oh hey, lets do some drugs because being out here sucks, and the drugs were by mistake 10x stronger than it was supposed to be and they all went into psychosis and brain damage, without any evidence it is hard to narrow down the speculations
>>
File: 1496764646169.jpg (88KB, 831x624px) Image search: [Google]
1496764646169.jpg
88KB, 831x624px
>>19257467
>say that they wanted you to think that they would get rid of the bodies, so they didn't as to not cast suspicion,
>>
>>19257467
>without casting suspicion during the event itself
>without looking suspicious
Dude, I am from ex-CCCP country myself and this is bullshit, KGB could openly kill anyone living in that country, they would never even care about "casting suspicions", there were no journalists, politicians or organizations not controlled by Communist Party, this "evil goverment covering up murder of students" is something out of Western show like X-Files, in totalitarian countries goverment just does whatever they want. So if bodies were found and proper investigation was being held it rules out possibility of goverment being involved
>>
>>19257467
>They might have been exposed to an incredible high pitched sound or loud sound, and they were forced to leave the area immediately to not suffer permanent damage
That's a myth, Israel tried to create weapon making such sounds to combat terrorists hiding inside the buildings, but while sound itself was pretty annoying it didn't cause people to lose their shit and escape building, so project was scrapped
>>
File: Mines__aerial_full.jpg (76KB, 584x640px) Image search: [Google]
Mines__aerial_full.jpg
76KB, 584x640px
>>19257180
The only thing that leads this to a mysterious dead end is the amazing pressure that killed some of the hikers. Something akin to the force of being hit with a fucking car. Yes, the avalanche theory was debunked, no animal prints were found, Even if it were an animal, so what were two bears on opposite sides of the tent? Is that why they cut themselves out the middle of the tent? The pressure wounds don't seem consistent with a bear attack anyway.

I'd have to go with the Russkies using that area to test parachute mines which can cause pressurized damage to bodies. The Mansis called it "Mountain of the Dead". Some of the Mansis were probably killed the same way by the mines and thought it was a demon from the sky or some superstitious shit.
>>
>>19257796
Only 4 had any injuries, what other 5 died from? I mean I know they froze to death, but if they were not injured by mines why couldn't they just evacuate their comrades to safety?
>>
>>19257398
i don't think bears go outside in the winter at midnight. do they?
>>
>>19257831
>>19257796
There were no trails of animal near tent, footsteps of the group on the other hand were preserved, they showed group of 9 students leaving tent and going down the slope, also injuries they sustained happened in the forest where bodies were found, not near the tent, because footsteps clearly show 9 pair of legs moving walking and I doubt people can walk with their ribs and other bones broken at least without any painkillers
>>
>>19257192
Camera lenses back in the day contained radiation so having a camera around your neck for long periods of time would contaminate clothing.
>>
>>19257796
I think the biggest mystery is what caused the group of experienced hikers to leave safety of their tent during cold winter night without even taking their winter clothes and boots and seek shelter in the nearby forest, I don't think there is a real explanations for this, especially because as I've said before when they ended up in forest they actually tried to save themself by making fire and constructing flooring with chopped wood, it shows what they were rational, but also that for them spending the night in the forest was preferable to going back to their tent. It's obvious what nothing bad like avalanche or fire happened to the tent itself, as it was found month later in good condition with all of their stuff preserved
>>
>>19257474
>>19257488
>>19257498
>Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever >remains, no matter how improbable, must be >the truth. -Spook-y

>>19257796
Was it determined that they were killed by pressure? In that case how many of them?

>>19257861
>>19257898
The not coming back to the tents is more legit than going in the first place, in bad weather it is easy to get lost.

How were they dressed when found? Were all naked or did some of them have cloths, don't remember the exact details..
>>
>>19257935
>Was it determined that they were killed by pressure? In that case how many of them?
4 out of 9 had very serious injuries with broken bones and such, but they were sustained already in the forest where bodies were found, because footsteps show 9 people leaving the tent on their foot.

>How were they dressed when found? Were all naked or did some of them have cloths, don't remember the exact details..
6 had no boots at all, one had only one boot, two had their winter jackets, only 3 had any kind of headgear, they left their tents half-naked and only had a couple of hours before cold killed them, also nothing bad happened to the rest of their clothes, so there is no reason why they couldn't get properly dressed apart from urgency and danger.
>>
>>19257821
The mines were probably further away at first which caused some of the hikers to flee and others were scared shitless and didn't move. The ones who were scared shitless got hurt the most by the pressure, the rest got away.
>>
>>19258006
Did mines hit them in the tent or in the forest?
>>
>>19257796
>>19257821
>>19258006
if it was pressure mines, wouldn't that have left some mark on the surroundings, especially if all of them walked to the forest and got damaged there and then froze to death, if the mines were deployed around the forest there would be marks in the surroundings, right?
>>
The Lore podcast has a good episode on this. It's called The Mountain.
>>
>>19258051
>especially if all of them walked to the forest and got damaged there
I think he meant fell when they were in the tent, some of the got injured and they moved to forest where they froze to death, but it doesn't fit with footprints showing 9 people walking to the forest on their feet, but two had broken ribs and one some bones in the skull broken, I doubt they could walk
>>
>>19257861
Footprints in snow? How long did it take for them to get there, because footprints in snow dont last long.
>>
File: 161_taina-perevala-djatlova-2_4.jpg (59KB, 350x262px) Image search: [Google]
161_taina-perevala-djatlova-2_4.jpg
59KB, 350x262px
>>19258116
About a month, there are also numerous pictures of footprints, footprints can be preserved for a long time in secluded places like Siberia
>>
>>19258132
I think it's due to extreme temperatures, footprints get frozen and stay until spring
>>
>>19258092
wouldn't pressure mines damage the most sensitive pressure organs first, like lungs, bones would probably last higher pressures, and if you rupture your lungs, YOURE FUCKED, no footprints in the snow after that shit
>>
>>19257369
Or maybe the avalanche that killed them managed to push the bodies
>>
>>19258480
But their tent that was found higher on the slope wasn't even fully buried by snow a month later and there was vodka bottle inside that wouldn't be able to withstand pressure from avalanche
>>
>>19258132
Ah, im used to temperature variation, not siberian winters
>>
>>19257292
"It was just a storm"
>>
>>19258613
No, "It was just a joker"
>>
File: Dyatlov-Pass-map.png (471KB, 788x624px) Image search: [Google]
Dyatlov-Pass-map.png
471KB, 788x624px
Here is a map of how it went down
>>
>>19257192
No, some items of clothing had slightly-above-normal radiation. It was only 3 pieces of clothing, 2 of the diseased worked at places that interacted with irradiated material, this is the soviet union after all. 2 of the clothes belonged to 1 of those guys, 1 clothe belonged to the other guy. It's seems pretty reasonable.
>>
>>19257180
infrasound from the wind on the mountain made them sick enough to leave the tent, they got split into two groups, they never found their way back to the tent. Unknown compelling force was caused by falling off the edge of the ravine adjacent to the river.
>>
>>19258816
It has never been proven that certain sound can make you insane
>>
>>19257180
The way I see it, it was either as the lemino video claims:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8RigxxiilI

or, something else forced them out of the tent. One explanation would be military testing in the area, they saw things they shouldn't have and were killed for it, but then why wouldn't they just kill them outright? It's the soviet union, it wouldn't be hard for the military to wield the political power to simply kill any random citizens and cover it up. Maybe it was to keep it from other political players, perhaps this was secret not only from the people but political opponents too. You wouldn't want curious powerful people figuring out what happened and what you were doing, I suppose.

There is also the idea that the storm and mountains generated a certain constant frequency of sound that makes humans (or animals in general) anxious and irritable. Maybe they quite literally went partially mad and made some stupid decisions, then got fucked over by the ravine and the cold.
>>
>>19258849
>One explanation would be military testing in the area
Don't military have testing polygons for such things? And as you said, if they wanted them dead they wouldn't really need to make it look like accident, most of people who lost their relatives during purges didn't even know what happened to them, military could just shot hikers there and tell relatives that there has been avalanche or bear attack, nobody would dare to ask any questions
>>
>>19258823
Never said they went insane.
The infrasound made them so uncomfortable that they felt the need to escape the mountain slope.
>>
>>19258849
Good video, though I doubt some smoke inside the tent would make them abandon it and go down the slope half-naked, tent itself or their belongings inside weren't even burned

>>19258934
Why they didn't take their clothes? They left with no jackets and most of them had no boots, headgear and gloves
>>
File: toe.png (224KB, 480x368px) Image search: [Google]
toe.png
224KB, 480x368px
>>19257180
There was an anon once that said that the soviets were testing nuclear weapons near Dyatlov pass which in turn caused a resident yeti to get mad and go postal on the hikers.
>>
Two things that interested me. The picture of the hulking black figure found in their camera, and that they had cut slits in the tent to see out. Does anyone know if they had any self defense at all, weapons etc?
>>
I think one of the weirdest things is how seven of them were nearly naked, but two had enough winter clothes to last for some time, as footprints indicate they left their camp as one big group and only split up in woods

>>19258972
One of them had knife on himself and there were couple more knifes and axes in the tent, seven tough men and two women with some melee weapons were decent fighting force, if someone forced them out of the tent it was probably by gunpoint
>>
File: wx1080.jpg (181KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
wx1080.jpg
181KB, 1080x720px
>>19257192
Radioactive stuff is easily explained by two of them working in secret Soviet Nuclear Bureau, but it also brings up possibility of some KGB/NATO stuff happening, 8 young students, all friends, who hiked together before, aged 20-24, two of them working on some secret nuclear projects and then there is 9th ranger - Zolotaryev, much older 38 years old dude whom they didn't really know much and who during the war worked for KGB as informator monitoring and reporting mood of soldiers from within the army, after the war he had no known ties with KGB, but he sure moved around country alot and didn't have a family, so it's possible he has been doing the same things as he did for KGB during the war, spying on population and reporting back, it's very possible two science boys and Zolotaryev were up to something
>>
>>19257180
radiation explained by their thorium radioisotope lanterns
>>
>>19259068
And the radioactive lenses and cameras always hung around the neck
>>
I still think fondly about this it was the first real CREEPY thing I've seen on /x/ and to this day I don't know what it is what about. Here have a bump OP so that more people see it!
>>
Strange. Its something I always think about. I mean let's just say that it was ABSOLUTELY nothing paranormal, its still so mysterious and just hard to explain or even imagine what happened. Damn I'd love to just see a window to the past to witness what went down that night.
>>
has anyone been able to become aware of file still classified on the inccident in the russian archives

what about indigenious people
>>
>>19260255
They are nice finngolians
>>
>>19257180
Ya man, what could have possibly caused a group of people to take off all their clothes and wander around in the cold for an hour. Really makes you think.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothermia#Paradoxical_undressing
>>
>>19260255
>has anyone been able to become aware of file still classified on the inccident in the russian archives
It's classified only because KGB was involved in investigaion and all KGB stuff is still classified unlike normal police investigations.
>what about indigenious people
Early in investigation they were the main suspect, but none of hikers had wounds that were sustained by a weapon and at the tent there was a large sum of money, alcohol, clothes, weapons and cameras so that kinda rules out version of them being killed by local tribes or some escaped criminals, they weren't really murdered or robbed
>>
snow aids
>>
>>19260578
They didn't undress, they left their camp already without clothes, also in the forest they made a fire to warm themself up and took clothes from those who died first, so they were trying to battle cold in their last hours, mystery here is why would somebody who already set up the tent for the night would go outside without jackets, hats, gloves, boots and wander there, the answer is clearly that they met some mortal danger in the camp and had to run away, because staying there meant certain death
>>
Forgot to add that inside the tent they found half eaten ham, so they were in middle of eating their dinner when some bad stuff happened.
Another weird thing is how they made very little progress during the last day, only hiking for about a mile before setting up the camp, maybe there was some explanation like bad weather, or day was shorter than they expected, or they got lazy, or it's not related to the case at all, but on all the other days they could travel for 5 miles at least
>>
>>19257796
>Mansis
I've heard a theory that the mountain was some sort of sacred place to natives ---> they were pissed with the presence of females ---> they forced the hikers out of their tents on gunpoint ---> no time to pack up your shit ---> death by exposure to elements
>>
>>19262117
It's not really a sacred place to them, plus they are peaceful native Siberian tribe who got along with Russians pretty well, though apart from that my theory is same as yours - somebody forced the group out of the tent at gunpoint, they had to take shelter in woods and froze to death, also that somebody didn't take money or other valueables from the tent, so it wasn't a robbery, they wanted hikers dead, but without using obvious violence like guns or knifes to fake an accident
>>
>>19262134
There were only 9 set of footprints, so if there was another entitiy, it didnt leave footprints, it also doesnt explain the physical trauma
>>
>>19262134
Yeah, I don't have much knowledge of Siberian nations, so thanks for correcting me. Gunpoint theory does sound most convincing, so far. They clearly tried to stay warm, which means they were thinking logically, so they probably weren't on drugs.
>>
File: whitney_garneau_course721_fe.jpg (85KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
whitney_garneau_course721_fe.jpg
85KB, 800x450px
>>19262156
Snowshoes don't leave footprints
>>
>>19262158
Footprints show them moving down the slope in calm and orderly manner, also in the woods they made a fire to warm themself, so they probably assumed that people they met at the tent were robbers who would soon leave, not people who were trying to murder them
>>
>>19262028
rifk
>>
The answer is simple: aliens met them and decided to clone some dead bodies and set up a scene so they could party in space instead of being on Earth.
>>
>>19257180
>even one month later

Wild animals. Most of the traces left would have been gone by then.
>>
The thing with the Dyatlov incident is the majority of the "mysterious" aspects (particularly anything radiation related) of the case are made up bullshit that dont actually appear in materials produced by the investigation, and the rest is pretty standard for wilderness deaths worldwide, with hypothermia causing people to feel an extreme heat and to remove the clothing, while when carrion animals are attacking a corpse they go for the softest paths of least resistance, being the eyes, lips and anus.
>>
>>19258081
Good episode. I didn't even know he was talking about Dyatlov until the end.
>>
>>19262271
They didn't undress, they set up the camp for the night, then left it without taking their warm clothes, took shelter within nearby woods and died, something bad happened to them at the camp that night
>>
>>19262262
If it were wild animals then why did they leave their tent at all? Wouldn't it be safer to hide inside instead of making a run for it? Only damage sustained by the tent was them cutting it with the knifes from the inside to escape, so even if it was a bear he hasn't attacked them, also sorry for again leaving two posts in a row instead of making one, next time I will try to answer all questions in single post
>>
File: boris-yeltsin_21-t.jpg (44KB, 220x309px) Image search: [Google]
boris-yeltsin_21-t.jpg
44KB, 220x309px
Russia's first president Boris Yeltsin went to the same university as those hikers, I bet he killed them for vodka
>>
>>19258816
I read that guys book on this incident and they concluded that.....now I dunno that it can ever be determined really and that is a theory....

But I don't buy that.

It happened so long ago in a remote area that had no police services or forensic capability...Plus the crime scene was spread out and weeks old at the point the bodies were discovered....

To me, This incident most closely resembles the Missing 411 Incidents in our national parks in the USA.....

I would think its that infrasound but I dunno how you explain the radiation/torso trauma/suicide to run out un-geared in that environment..... combined with the Old Natives ancient fear of that place.....
>>
Dyatlov himself was found closer to the tent than others, he was probably trying to return, but it still doesn't explain why they left tent at all
>>
>>19257474
Or maybe they wanted you to think that they wanted you to think that they would get rid of the bodies?????????????????????????????????????
>>
>>19257180
My dad had investigated it (he knows Russian) and I remember the conclusion was very anti-climactic. It can all be explained. Gonna ask him and post what it was brb
>>
>>19257474
In Soviet Russian...body gets rid of you!!!
>>
>>19262513
Following for this guys explanation
>>
File: image.jpg (194KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194KB, 1200x800px
>go camping in siberia with 8 friends
>set up camp and get a good fire going
>one of my mates dares me to walk out in the dark with no clothes
>others want to take the challenge too
>eventually all of us agree to go
>walk for a good 15 mins
>fucking freezing
>everyone looks cold as shit
>"this was fucking stupid lets go back"
>shit where did we come from
>walk for another 15 mins trying to get back
>give up and make a new fire for the night
>jesus christ its cold
>people start falling asleep
>take some of my asleep comrades clothes and try going back
>start feeling really tired
>die
>>
>>19262024

No missing tongues
>>
>>19262573
Girl with missing tongue was found three months later face down in the river and also didn't have eyes and cheeks, it's one of those things people give way too much attention to
>>
File: 5692b311c36188e5608b458c.jpg (121KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
5692b311c36188e5608b458c.jpg
121KB, 900x500px
>>19258480
I don't know why people push avalanche theory despite there being photos of vertical ski and cross being planted into the ground near the tent both when group was setting up the tend and when it was found month later. Here is one of the last photos made by group itself and in OP post you can see how tent looked when they found it
>>
>>19262624
Oh crap, wrong photo, this one of was made by group and that other one was made by search party
>>
>>19258628
Thanks. That's a great infographics.
>>
>>19262663
Notice some intersting things, during previous day they left some of the stuff and food at hidden "Storage House" planning to return there after traversing the mountain, but when they left the tent during the night they didn't go in that direction, they went to nearby forest, also woods where they died are on the same line as tent, maybe they wanted to keep their tent in sight from the safety of the forest? One of them was found climbing the tree after all, it's possible that he wanted to check if camp was safe from vantage point or make sure they weren't followed by whatever spooked them near the tent
>>
>>19262690
Oh and forgot to add, that those 6 who died from freezing were closest to the tent, while those who died from skull and chest injuries were deeper in the woods, it's possible they were carried there by others, but fire they made was on very outskirt of forest, not where 3 badly injured hikers died
>>
>>19257831
Russian bears do not sleep and have magical fire breath...
>>
>>19258039
Both
>>
>>19262759
I think bear sleep during the winter, only those who stumble upon their home can get killed by them, also if bear was outside the tent it doesn't make sense to exit it
>>
>>19262519

>following

Maybe you'll get a Facebook notification.
>>
>>19262539
you forgot the part where the tents were ripped from the inside out, but nice try kike.
>>
>>19258947
>Good video, though I doubt some smoke inside the tent would make them abandon it and go down the slope half-naked, tent itself or their belongings inside weren't even burned
Not saying it's true but it does become more believable to think that if they were already asleep, inhaled a lot of the smoke and some were drunk. Someone waking up in that state then managing to wake the others, with ensuring panic and muddled minds. Could explain the irrational fleeing of the tent to some degree. Being fearful, half-awake and affected by alcohol and smoke.
>>
>>19262927
He also forgot 3 of them dying due to broken ribs and fractured skulls, not due to freezing
>>
Pretty huge mystery is that autopsy shows that 6 of them died from normal hypotermia, while 3 died from major injuries with their bones being broken, the question is where they sustained those injuries: near the tent or in the forest where they died?

If they broke bones near tent and then others transported them into the woods then why do footsteps show all 9 pair of legs walking down the slope? Also group made fire near cedar tree, but 3 badly injured guys were found deeper into the woods and not near the fire, kinda pointless making a fire as they enter the forest and then carry injured guys deeper, those two points support the theory that mortal wounds were sustained already in the forest, but what could have inflicted them?
>>
>>19262043
Regarding how little progress they made/odd location of the camp: I read a theory that they had made a navigational error and ended up higher on the mountain than intended. Looking at
>>19258628
you can see that they actually missed the pass entirely, heading too far West. This meant going about 150m higher than intended (going off the map, their camp was at about 900m, while the pass looks to be about 750m). Compared to a route leaving over the pass, their route crosses much rougher terrain and had a larger amount of white area (snow cover, I assume?) You can also see how, once they realized their error, they wouldn't want to hike back down - despite missing the pass, they were already as high as they'd need to go, so the next day they could just continue North down the other side and be back on track.
>>
If its not a made up story and did happen it will be a mystery

could be aliens
could be a sucide pact
could be someone told a spoopy story about shadow people and they saw their own shadows and ran the fuck away
>>
>>19263043
>they wouldn't want to hike back down - despite missing the pass, they were already as high as they'd need to go, so the next day they could just continue North down the other side and be back on track.
I think there was even entry in their last diary about this, but I don't think it's really connected to their death, they weren't lost, just missed their mark and had to set camp in windy open area instead of nearby forest
>>
>>19263073
>If its not a made up story and did happen it will be a mystery
Guy who was 10th member of the group and had to leave early due to leg injury only died in 2013, it's a real story
>>
File: images.jpg (58KB, 719x1080px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
58KB, 719x1080px
The research in this book is one of the better compilations on the topic. Author concludes it was infrasound that drove them out of the tent, which led to their deaths.
>>
>>19263083
Any chance there's a translation of that diary on the internet somewhere?
>>
>>19263155
I don't think so, I am Russian, so I could read it, doubt there is a translation, but there was nothing really important there anyway, all photos they made and diary entries make you know them better, but shed no light on mystery of what happened on 1th February 1959, at least we know there were no conflicts within group or creepy stuff
>>
>>19263172
Darn. Good to know it's in the public record at least.

You always hope you'll find something like "Day 7 - Why is this creepy guy following us?" but real life doesn't work that way.
>>
File: 86157383.jpg (72KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
86157383.jpg
72KB, 500x366px
>>19263191
I found one of their diaries translated, though don't forget that almost each of them had his own, so it's not all of them

http://ermakvagus.com/Europe/Russia/Cholat-%20Syachil/dyatlov_group_diary.html
>>
>>19257180
drugs nuf said
>>
>>19263237
what this guy said
>>
>>19263243
yeah what he said
>>
>>19263022
They fell into a ravine, 2 were found in it and 1 was found out. Maybe taken out by the others (either dead or alive, to then die later).
>>
>>19263448
Wouldn't falling damage their legs? But it was their chest and neck that had been broken, nobody had injured legs and waist like when people fall, also one guy found in the same spot as them died from freezing
>>
>>19263544
The three injured hikers are the most persistently mysterious part of this story. There will always be space to speculate about what caused the sudden departure from their tent, but it was something urgent enough that they left half-clothed into the freezing night. Urgent enough, perhaps, that when the hiker closest to the tent-flap struggled to open it, someone sliced a hole in the wall rather than wait his turn.

The next moments are painful to imagine but easy to understand. As they flee the camp, the ones who didn't have as much time to get dressed began to slow and stumble. Maybe their friends had already raced ahead, or passed them in a panic. But if whatever caused them to leave the tent was still affecting them, I can forgive them for not realizing they'd lost three people as they fled.

Eventually they reached a forest hollow and stopped. The ones who made it surveyed their situation. There's evidence they built a fire, scavenged clothes from the dead, and maybe climbed a tree to get a look around. Once the fire was going and their clothing had improved, their odds should have begun improving, but maybe not enough. Two more died near the fire, indicating perhaps that it was just so cold and the situation so desperate that even that safety wasn't enough. But how did the last four end up at the bottom of a ravine, 75m away? A where did they acquire the chest fractures and major skull damage, injuries that the Russian coroner specifically said could not have been caused by human hands?
>>
>>19263698
You are mostly right, except footprints show them walking down the slope, not running and three people who died closest to the tent probably made it to the forest with others and died while trying to return to the tent, first of all, others didn't take their clothes, unlike clothes of those who died near fire and second, forest was only 1500 m from the tent, I don't think healthy people can freeze to death so quickly, they all made it to the forest, started making fire, then group split up because part of the them wanted to go back.

All of them suddenly leaving the tent, but then walking calmly makes me believe that somebody forced them out at a gunpoint, that's why they left without taking clothes, but also didn't run, because to them it didn't appear like real danger, but a mere robbery
>>
>>19260255
they were murdered by chechens
>>
>>19262539
u forgot the part where suddenly someone breaks their fucking torax and there's no sign of what caused it.
>>
It was either aliums or bigfeets that got them
>>
>>19263780
Wouldn't the robbers leave footprints? And there were valuable items still in the tent. Also wouldn't explain their injuries.
>>
>>19263909
I didn't say they were robbers, I said that hikers thought it was a robbery, but people who forced them out of the tent actually wanted them to die without leaving bulletholes, as for footprints snowshoes don't leave them, but that still doesn't explain the injuries and also we will never know why those people wanted them dead
>>
>>19263943
If it was the government they wouldn't even bother trying to cover it up, they'd have no reason to in a totalitarian state like the Soviet Union. Why would anyone else want them dead? People throughout the area reported seeing orange spheres in the sky during that time, even the military. I think there was a lot more going on.
>>
They found themselves in a very noise-prone environment. Lots of trees rustling, strong wind because of how high up in the mountain they were, and, of course, the mountains themselves altering the course of the wind and creating odd noisescapes.

Judging from the half eaten ham found inside the tent, they were eating at the time they ran off, which leads me to think that they heard a noise outside, even possible a tree falling but it's anyone's guess, and deduced that it was a bear approaching their tent.

Since none of them were specifically knowledgeable regarding survival in forests or animal behaviors, they probably thought the food ought to have lured it (and I say "it" facetiously since there was no animal, just their idea that there was one).

They figured putting on their gear and opening the tent through the zipper would cause far too much noise and end up just attracting the bear further, so they slit an opening on what was probably the opposite direction of where the sound came from, and quietly escaped.

After they ran, their plan was to reach the nearest sign of civilization. As they were fleeing, due to the darkness, a few of them fell and got their bones fractured, which were then carried on by the other members. As soon as they realized they wouldn't make it to civilization because of the injured members of their group and the cold that withered them, they try to set up camp and make a fire to keep themselves warm.

After that, a few of them died off from the cold and the injuries, so the three remaining members of the group decide to go back to the tent. Obviously, none of them made it, dying of hypothermia on their way.

I'm currently ignoring the radiation found on some of their clothes because it has been already explained by another post, some of their instruments were radioactive and that must've rubbed of on their clothes. I don't know the nature of those instruments or how radioactive they are, but I'll take that anon's word for it.
>>
>>19263992
Yeah, obviously it wasn't KGB or military, they would just shoot them and say they were an American spies and traitors of Motherland and it's not criminals, because their money, clothes and food from camp weren't taken, that only leaves us with angry local Mansi who got wronged in some way and wanted retribution and group of actual American spies who met them and either compromised themself or suspected the group was working for KGB and had to take them out
>>
The first time I saw this case, I really enjoyed the idea of aliens descending upon the russian students and doing kind of a Mermaid/Hamelin thing where they lured the students to their demise, but everything is pretty explainable since none of these students had knowledge about survival in the woods and how wildlife behaves.
>>
File: Dyatlov-Pass-map.png (456KB, 788x624px) Image search: [Google]
Dyatlov-Pass-map.png
456KB, 788x624px
>>19264030
>Since none of them were specifically knowledgeable regarding survival in forests or animal behaviors
What? They were very experienced hikers who already made many successful ski trips together
>so they slit an opening on what was probably the opposite direction of where the sound came from, and quietly escaped.
Wouldn't it be safer to stay inside the tent if there was animal around it?
>After they ran, their plan was to reach the nearest sign of civilization
It was a complete wilderness that is possible only in some regions of Russia, nearest human settlement was 4 days away, with barely any clothes and no food they wouldn't even last till morning and indeed autopsy shows them dying within 6 hours of eating last meal
>As they were fleeing, due to the darkness, a few of them fell and got their bones fractured, which were then carried on by the other members
They reached the edge of the forest, managed to make fire under cedar tree and two of them were later found dead near it, but those 3 injured guys were found further into the woods, 75 m. deeper into the forest, are you saying they carried injured guys to the cedar tree, made a fire there, carried them deeper into the woods, left them there for some reason and then returned back to fire? Look at this map, there is a straight line going from tent to fire to where all people who died from injuries were found, that proves that injuries were sustained only once they made it into the forest and probably split up for some reason
>so the three remaining members of the group decide to go back to the tent
I agree that three found closest to the tent died on their way back, but what makes you think they died last? They clearly took clothes from two people who died near the fire, but not from those found further into the forest, who actually had warmest clothes, meaning that they were still alive back then
>>
>>19264165
>They were very experienced hikers who already made many successful ski trips together
Would they know if a bear's flair (or other wildlife's) is potent enough to sniff out the ham inside their tent or if bears (or other wildlife2) are out during the night?
>Wouldn't it be safer to stay inside
With the food and warmth that the bear would possibly recognize?
>nearest human settlement was 4 days away, with barely any clothes and no food they wouldn't even last till morning
Hm, I see your point. I was unsure about that part when I wrote it. Still, their plan could have been to be out for a little while and come back but ended up getting lost in the process.
>Look at this map, there is a straight line going from tent to fire to where all people who died from injuries were found, that proves that injuries were sustained only once they made it into the forest and probably split up for some reason
I interpreted the map differently for some reason. Anyway, it's still very feasible that the injured guys got injured because of falling. The reason why though... maybe they were all in a single group and, after those guys fell, the rest of the group retreated into a clearing and made a campfire in fear that if they kept wandering they'd fall as well.
>They clearly took clothes from two people who died near the fire, but not from those found further into the forest, who actually had warmest clothes, meaning that they were still alive back then
I assumed that the injured guys fell from somewhere, so reaching their bodies to get their clothes would be a very dangerous chore in itself, in the dark. I think it went: injured guys, campfire guys, then the dudes going back to the tent.
>>
what was, exactly, the conditions of each one of them? not only how they died but also where they died. that would alleviate a lot of speculation.
>>
>>19264241
not just geographical location but also if they died in elevated terrain or in a steep depression.
>>
File: dyalatov.jpg (51KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
dyalatov.jpg
51KB, 600x315px
>>19264262
The problem with the slide theory, it's why they didn't had their clothes on.
>>
>>19264277
as I theorized, I think their plan was to escape as quietly as possible, in fear of a predator, in fear that if they took too long putting on their gear or made too much noise, it would zone in on them.
>>
>>19264237
>Would they know if a bear's flair (or other wildlife's) is potent enough to sniff out the ham inside their tent or if bears (or other wildlife2) are out during the night?
One of the girls in the group got biten by viper during one of previous trips and they managed to correctly suck out the poison, so I guess they knew how to handle the bear
>I interpreted the map differently for some reason
Fire was 1500 m from tent, location of 3 injured guys was 75 m from the fire, deeper into the forest, so injured guys were actually the furthest from the tent, if they were carried by others it makes no sense why they weren't left at the same place they decided to make fire which was closer to the tent. Who the fuck would carry injured guys away from the fire, not only wasting energy, but also making it harder for them to survive?
>I assumed that the injured guys fell from somewhere, so reaching their bodies to get their clothes would be a very dangerous chore in itself
I don't understand, are you saying they fell on the way from the tent to forest or in the forest itself? Because injured guys were not only found furthest from the tent as I said, but also two of them had warmest clothes and unlike those two near fire nobody scavenged their clothes, I doubt they died first, also among 3 badly injured guys there was one dude with no bones broken who died from freezing like the rest of them, so it's not like all of them fell together, but those 4 lied so close together that it's obvious their bodies were moved either by their friends or somebody who killed them all
>>
>>19264304
>One of the girls in the group got biten by viper during one of previous trips and they managed to correctly suck out the poison, so I guess they knew how to handle the bear
Isn't sucking venom out of snake bites not recommended? Either way, there's no way we can really know.

Regarding the rest of your post, I'm not saying they got carried. My theory was that they were all walking unanimously deeper into the forest, a few of them fell and got injured so the rest of them retreated a little back into a clearer area and made a campfire. However, I don't know exactly the state or the position of the four guys who were deeper into the jungle. I do believe it's possible that they all fell together and one of them just happened to land in a way that didn't get him injured nearly as bad as the other guys and that's why the other guys didn't scavenge their stuff simply because it was too dangerous to do so. I'm not sure at all about that though. Is there a picture of their bodies?
>>
>>19264241
3 died of hypotemia between tent and forest, most likely were trying to return back to tent, 2 near fire on the edge of the forest, also from freezing, both had all their clothes apart from underwear taken by other hikers after death, 75 m further into the forest 4 others with warmest clothes of them all, 3 died from various broken bones in ribs and neck area, 1 from freezing
>>
>>19264343
Hmm, so yeah, I think the reason the ones further down the forest with the warmest clothes weren't scavenged for their clothes because it was too dangerous to do so.

Does anyone have a picture of the four guys that were the deepest into the forest? If they're located right next to a steep slope or any kind of dangerous area, it would somewhat confirm my theory.
>>
dont forget there were traces of radiation on their clothes also they were experienced climbers
>>
File: 89793937.jpg (114KB, 800x526px) Image search: [Google]
89793937.jpg
114KB, 800x526px
>>19264361
I believe that's two of them, but also don't forget that out of 4 found furthest from the tent only 3 had serious injuries
>>
>>19264386
Though I might be wrong, they appear to be naked, so they are probably those two who died near camp
>>
>>19264386
Weren't all four of the guys furthest down the forest all really close to each other? I think those are the campfire guys considering they're paired up and the campfire is to the right of the picture or something.

Anyway, I believe that the four guys all slipped or fell somewhere and one of them landed in a way that didn't harm him like it did the others. The way you land matters a hell of a fucking lot to how much harm you're gonna suffer.
>>
>>19264338
What reason do they even have to walk deeper into the forest? They clearly weren't chased, because none had wounds from animal attack and they must have been getting cold already
>>
File: 014.jpg (63KB, 800x522px) Image search: [Google]
014.jpg
63KB, 800x522px
>>19264404
Yeah, that's firesite guys, I can't find group pictures of last 4, but here is one of them, French guy, lying near the river, also while they were very close they didn't lie on top of each other
>>
isnt the most obvious explanation for the major internal injuries that they probably fell while climbing the trees?
>>
>>19264407
I don't think it was "deeper" yet. I think the entire group was going together towards the same place, four of them fell so the others retreated a bit.

As to why they initially left the tent, I chalked it up to them misrepresenting a noise they heard as a predator approaching.
>>
>>19264419
Well, seeing that he's in a body of water, it kind of makes sense that the other guys wouldn't have scavenged his clothes. One, it's already hard navigating through a dark forest, imagine navigating through a dark forest on top of a body of water. Two, his clothes are good for nothing wet. Might even accelerate the process of hypothermia.
>>
Lead investigator of the case later believed it was aliens, 10th member of the team who was with them part of the way, but then had to turn back due to injury believed it was military, because he has seen some classified files during the investigation and noticed that they already started looking for them 6th February, despite nobody suspected they were missing before 14th February when they were supposed to return, it was already in the 90s though, so they might have just looking for media attention or gone senile
>>
my theory, as it stands right now:
>they heard a noise
>assumed it was a predator attracted by their food and the heat emanating from their camp
>sneaked out without opening the zipper on the tent or gearing because that would make too much noise and, in their head, would make the fictitious predator zone in on them
>ran deep into the forest
>four guys accidentally fall/slip (possibly because of a creek that ran through)
>remainder of the group retreats, collects sticks and make a campfire
>two of them die
>the other three decide to go back to the tent after pillaging their dead friends
>die on their way back to the tent
>>
i think we've reached a pretty sturdy conclusion if you ask me
>>
>>19264483
Some things in your theory don't match up, it was actually last 4 who scavenged stuff from 2 frozen at the firesite and not those 3 who went back to tent which once again makes me believe you are wrong about the order all three groups died in, now about those who tried to return, none of them died in the same spot, they were 150 and 180 meters away from each other though obviously going the same way back to tent, also none of them got their clothes scavenged, so I doubt they were moving as one group, it's important to know who two of those people were, one of them was leader of the group, Dyatlov and another was girl he was in relationship with, it was probably like this, group of 9 made it from the tent to the forest and gatherend around the fire, they had an argument about what to do next and Slobodin decided to return back to tent, after some time Dyatlov who was leader and probably felt personally responsible for lives of his men went after him, then some time passed and his gf became worried about him and went the same way, none of them meet each other or made it back to tent, also the rest of group never found them also because clothes were not taken, out of 6 people left at the fire 2 died and the rest took their clothes and moved further into the forest and died last
>>
>>19257216
Инoплaнeтянин
>>
File: raw.gif (447KB, 300x258px) Image search: [Google]
raw.gif
447KB, 300x258px
>>19262862
>>
>>19264547
>it was actually last 4 who scavenged stuff from 2 frozen at the firesite and not those 3 who went back to tent
Impossible. The two at the campfire weren't scavenged, they left the tent in that state. Unless there's forensic evidence that says the four guys deepest into the forest died later than the ones at the campfire, I stand by my theory.
>>
>>19263248
...what they said
>>
Or, at least, I was told by someone here that they left the tent with little to no clothing. I'm dealing with word of mouth since I don't have the actual case files, so bear with me if I get something wrong.
>>
>>19264606
Because two guys near fire had no clothes at all, only their underwear and clothes identified as theirs were later found on those 4 last guys, during winter in Siberia you don't ever strip down to just your underwear, it's - 30 c during the night, you would freeze even inside the house. So your current theory is wrong on at least two accounts, last 4 couldn't have died first and it was them who took clothes off dead guys, not those who tried to return, I don't understand why are you so angry? You could actually still make your theory work if you adjust the facts a little. They all made it to the forest, they made fire, 3 guys tried to return back to tent, but each of them died alone on the way, 2 died near fire and got their clothes taken by last 4, who abandoned fire and moved deeper into the forest where 3 of them sustained fatal injuries

>>19264628
They were lightly dressed, no warm jackets, no gloves, only 2 had boots, only 3 had hats, but none were actually naked
>>
What could explain the missing tongue on the woman?
>>
>>19264665
She was found 3 months later and had no eyes or cheeks either, it's not that weird
>>
>>19264658
I'm not angry, I just fail to see why a few of them would go deeper down the forest and not return to the tent after two guys already died in the campfire (and I also don't know where you're getting some of your facts from and I wanna know).

Could you summarize your theory for me, just so I can see where or if I detract?
>>
>>19264673
If she was decomposing,it would leave much more than that,
>>
>>19264679
scavengers typically go for those parts first
>>
>>19264676
>Could you summarize your theory for me, just so I can see where or if I detract?
Don't really have a theory, at least one that explains everything, but I think that they set up camp on the slope of the mountain during evening, as they were eating their meal and talking some other group attacked them and forced them out of tent at gunpoint, those people told them to get the fuck out and they started going down the hill without any of their stuff thinking it's a simple robbery and it would be safe to return later, as the group made it to the forest they made a fire near cedar, they had an argument about what to do, maybe some wanted to return back to camp to see if robbers are gone, some wanted to wait near fire and some wanted to hide deeper into the woods, eventually Slobodin volunteered to go back to camp alone, a bit later leader of the group Dyatlov who felt bad about letting him go alone went after him, some time later his gf followed him too, even though all 3 were going the right way all of them froze to death never again meeting each other or making it back to tent, that leaves us with 6 near fireplace, two died of cold, rest took their clothes and decided to move deeper into the woods where 3 of them sustained heavy injuries and 1 froze to death.

Meanwhile "robbers" cut up the tent from the inside to make it unuseable in case any members of group made it back, because they weren't robbers at all and actually wanted whole group dead while making it look like an accident, I think that makes the most sense, little things that support this theory is how one of the guys managed to climb the tree which would make little sense unless he was trying to look back at their tent or see if they were followed or not, another thing is that their fire was made on the opposite side of tree if you look from the tent, making it harder to spot from hill, I got no explanation of guys with broken bones and who those people who murdered them were and why they did it
>>
>>19264733
Well she was buried in the snow right?
How could scavangers find her in the first place?
other than wait till it melted enough.
>>
>>19264824
Eh, it gets hard to figure out what's happened because of how many people who give out inaccurate information and the fact that the case files are classified.

I still stick by my theory simply because they saw the students' footsteps. If their footsteps were visible, the other group's footsteps should also be.
>>
>>19264849
she was was also found face down in a small stream under the snow so they could have just rotted away
>>
>>19264877
There is a thing called snowshoes, it's slower than normal boots, but it doesn't leave marks on the snow because pressure is applied to a wider area

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowshoe
>>
>>19257180

Fucking magnets.
>>
One woman had her tongue removed. Now many would say that animals ate it after she was dead, which is a natural thing that happens. But there was large amounts of blood in her stomach meaning the tongue was removed while she was still alive and she was swallowing the blood.
>>
>>19264877
I read many detailed reports and even books about this case, but they were all in Russian, so if you are not from ex-CCCP I don't think they would help you, also case is not really classified, they found no signs of murder back in 1959 and simply closed it, some stuff like photos and diaries even went public in late 80s because 30 years passed, I think it's safe to say that even the officials got no idea what really happened
>>
Soviet weapon testing created a yeti which was attacking some mansi people, the creature let out a massive roar which scared the hikers while they in the middle of an orgy which spontaneously happened after some paradoxical undressing caused by hypothermia which was caused because an earlier bear attack that left small slashes in the tent letting in the cold. Also aliens who were in the area wizz by to check out the noise. Anyway the hikers cut out their way out the tent to get out as quick as quick as they can to run to the forest thinking they can climb the trees and avoid getting caught in what they think is a avalanche.
>>
File: 1497334948013.jpg (25KB, 400x398px) Image search: [Google]
1497334948013.jpg
25KB, 400x398px
>>19265032
>>
>>19265047
Nice outdated as fuck meme faggot
>>
>>19257180
You make a lot of assumptions in a single post, OP.
>>
>>19265130
yet you got triggered cocksucker ;)
>>
>>19264928
Where on earth did you get that info from? I have never seen anything about blood in her stomach
>>
>>19265164
I've heard about it quite a bit but her official autopsy report just says "The stomach contained up to 100 see 3 slimy mass temnokrasnovatogo color"
>http://ermakvagus.com/Europe/Russia/Cholat-%20Syachil/dyatlov_pass_incident_autopsy.html

Most of the the autopsy reports for the other group members say the same thing of their stomach contents. It seems people try to pass it off as blood in Dubinina's case to push it as possible evidence that her tongue had been cut out while she was alive. The autopsy report simply states that it and the other soft tissues of her face were missing and that it was probably due to decomposition from having sat in water for a long period of time.
It says more or less the same for Zolotarev who was missing his eyes who was also in the ravine but no one mentions him.
It also seems to refer to whatever cause the internal fractures and haemorrhaging for both as a fall or drop
>>
>>19258964
That anon, is what we call a retard.
Not only had the soviets never tested a nuke in the upper Urals as of 1959, but they didn't conduct even a single test that entire year. No one did, both the U.S and Soviet Union had agreed to temporary test ban that lasted through the entirety of 1959.
>>
>>19265479
I don't think anybody ever tested nukes outside of specific polygons anyway
>>
>>19264343
Is it possible that one or more of the group held the the others at gun point to either rob them or murder them or whatever? Perhaps someone wearing the extra clothes, who was prepared for the hike. They pull a gun, force everyone out, march them down the mountain slope in their underwear to the campsite. They lose control of the situation, fight breaks out, someone cracks a captor over the head with a rock, breaks some ribs, the survivors escape. They steal the others' clothes, try to head back to camp, but at this point they had been exposed to the cold for too long, the temps were dropping, the winds were picking up, they were tired from the confrontation and marching in the cold. They die of hypothermia on the way back.

Am I missing a finer point that disqualify this as a theory?
>>
>>19265569
Or if not a gun, maybe a knife, who knows. I'm not sure if any weapons or tools were found on their bodies.
>>
>>19265569
8 of them were good friends who already made many hikes together, last dude is older WW 2 hero, people at university knew both the roster of the group and their destination, so I doubt one could rob others and hope to get away with it, plus nobody even had a gun, one had knife in his pocket, there were also couple of knifes and axes in tent, if one or two turned on them the rest could overpower them
>>
>>19265620
So unlikely, but not as unlikely as aliens. Heard.
>>
>>19265569
I doubt that is true, though there is one thing that kinda bothers me, when they left the tent 6 were only in their socks, 2 had their boots on and 1 had only one boot, why do you guys think that could happen? Not only something forced them to move down the hill urgently, but some members of the group had more boots than others for some reason
>>
>>19265654
Because they were getting ready for bed, and whatever forced them out of their tents didn't give them time to put on shoes or clothes.
>>
>>19265742
>whatever forced them out of their tents didn't give them time to put on shoes or clothes.
someone obviously farted in the tent.
>>
>>19265742
No, it was far too early for bed, only around 5 pm, but already dark due to short winter days, there was piece of ham with knife nearby, they were preparing dinner
>>
>>19265780
Good one, dad.
>>
It was Dyatlov.
>>
>>19265803
When you're hiking in extreme latitudes, you set up camp and get in a tent before the sun goes down, not because it's time to sleep, but because it's time to get out of extreme dropping temperatures and wind chill. You sleep in your underwear because you're using your own heat to warm up a specially insulated sleeping bag. I had a friends from Norway who served in the military for a few years and that's part of their basic survival training. Some of them were wearing shoes, some weren't. Some may have gone into their tents earlier than others while the others. It all seems very plausible.
>>
Those damn skinwalkers
>>
>>19265839
*while the others were still eating
>>
>>19265834
Yeahhis gf cucked him so he planned their deaths but little did he know his plan would fail and he would die too
>>
>The three bodies had injuries that could only be caused by something like a car crash and yet some faggots in these threads are putting the blame on fucking animals
>>
File: IMG_9439.jpg (92KB, 550x401px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9439.jpg
92KB, 550x401px
>>19257180
They got high off of a fungui/gus. They cooked their remaining food on some stick they found in the woods. Very simple explanation. I personally have not experienced a shroom high, but I can tell you that they have went through hell because of a sudden high of it. Best friends wanting to eat each other alive? It is just a tangible nightmare. I have no idea why this tragedy is being used to distract discussion of major issues.
>>
File: IMG_9440.png (188KB, 274x241px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9440.png
188KB, 274x241px
>>19265874

Sarcosoma globosum (Schmidel:Fr.) Rehm,
Sparassis crispa (Wulf.:Fr.) Fr.,
Ganoderma lucidum (W.Curt.: Fr.) P. Karst.,
Dictyophora duplicata (Bosc) E. Fısch.,
Phallus impudicus L., Grifola frondosa (Dicks.:Fr.) S.F. Gray,
Hericium coralloides (Scop.:Fr.) Pers.,
Pleurotus calyptratus (Lindbl.) Sacc.,
Polyporus umbellatus (Pers.:Fr.) Fr.,
Lyophyllum decastes (Fr.:Fr.) Singer,
Oudemansiella mucida (Schrad.:Fr.) Höhn.,
Suillus bovinus (Pers.:Fr.) Kuntze.

An I'm spent!
>>
>>19262829
it is confirmed that russian bears do in fact have magical fire breath you're clearly a man or women of superior knowledge of magical creatures and a powerful asset
>>
>>19263103
what caused the skull fractures, chest problems cpr maybe but skull fractures are a clue that it wasn't a matter of just infrasound
>>
>>19265874
Chupa-cabra
>>
>>19264338
sucking snake poison out of a wound is a good thing depending on the snake, some snake venom has to be either in the blood or digested to take a strong enough effect so sucking out the blood mixed with venom is a good thing as long as the person sucking spits it out, however many venomous snakes have venom that effects basic flesh that can simply kill just with a miniscule amount on your tongue( which eventually enters your stomach and eventually targeting some crucial part of your body system) you really need to know what kind of poison you are dealing with before addressing how to deal with it.
>>
>>19265839
>you're using your own heat to warm up a specially insulated sleeping bag
you can observe this even in a normal bed, the bed and covers themselves will heat up faster if you are wearing less clothing. For a bag designed for this it would be very apparent.
>>
This theory >>19264824

is better than your stubbornly held theory >>19264877
>>
>>19264606
>>19264676
>>19264877

here's the autopsy report showing that the 2 by the fire had their clothes taken by the others: http://ermakvagus.com/Europe/Russia/Cholat-%20Syachil/dyatlov_pass_incident_autopsy.html
>>
>>19265938
Cute.

Keep LARPing. I'm out. This board hates science, anyway.
>>
>>19263225

>Luda quickly got tired and sat down by the fire. Nick Thibault changed his clothes. He began to write a diary. The law is that until all the work is done, do not approach the fire. And so they had a long argument, of who will sew the tent. Finally K.Tibo gave up and took a needle. Luda remained seated. And we sewed the hole (and there were so many that there was enough work for all except two attendants and Luda. Guys are terribly outraged.

if you consider some disputing it might make a bit more sense

maybe someone kicked the slackers out, and then they went back to go get them or something? not familiar with this myself but 'terribly outraged' sounds like it's not far off booting people out or something going terribly wrong
>>
>>19266383

also in the autopsy someone linked they had clearly phyiscally fought too

i think someone might've kicked them out and then went to go bring them back or something like that
>>
>>19258972
What hulking black figure??
>>
>>19262929
The food was half eaten so doubt they were sleeping.. Why were they half naked anyway? Some freaky shit went down inside that tent. I want to say murder then accidental death of murderer/'s. Can't understand the chilled walk to the forest though.
>>
>>19264285
Without gear they will know it's certain death anyway, they wouldn't leave without need to. Noises isn't a big enough deal for me. 9 of em would feel strong together with weapons. Something tells me one or more of them caused this in turn causing the mystery.
>>
>>19262117
>Dyatlov Pass is for the boys
>>
>>19264483
Agree but not with why they left with no gear.. There are no scratch marks from bears etc. They wouldn't leave with nothing unless they were being attacked, a noise I think you'd still get ready before leaving..
>>
>>19265164
She had internal injuries tho. And don't know how much blood there was but there was blood. Means nothing.
>>
File: Fritzl.png (353KB, 882x1314px) Image search: [Google]
Fritzl.png
353KB, 882x1314px
>>19257180
Russian military were testing in the area at around that time, look up Parachute bombs. It uses a shockwave to kill people hence the broken bones and internal bleeding damage without any external damage to the bodies. Russians just covered it up and never admitted to it.

Pic unrelated
>>
>>19265803
They set camp up at 5 and we're probably eating dinner as it was half consumed. Why would someone have one shoe on, or hardly any clothes anyway even inside.?
>>
>>19267306
/ thread
>>
>>19266110
Nice
>>
>>19267209
Nobody was murdered near the tent and footsteps show all 9 walking down the slope, actually not one of them appeared to be murdered by other human, even guys with broken ribs and other bones, their soft tissues weren't that damaged, only their bones which only happens if force of impact is much stronger than human fist or human holding some blunt weapon, dude doing the autopsy said it was something like car crash
>>
>>19257796
>the avalanche theory was debunked

By whom and how?

The avalanche is the actual proven explanation and there is no real mystery here:

https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4108
>>
>>19267464
Look at the picture of them setting up the camp for their last night and compare it to OP picture made month later when camp was found, little cross and vertical ski still stand firm, but none of them are strong enough to withstand avalanche. Also while avalanche would explain strange way the bones were broken footsteps clearly show all 9 pair of legs walking away from the tent and all 3 guys with injuries were found deeper into the forest, not at the fire that they made when they entered it, which could only have happened if they walked there, because it's pointless to make a fire and then carry injured guys 75 m away from it deeper into the woods, leave them there and then return to fire, that would only waste energy and doom wounded guys, injuries were clearly sustained in forest, not near the tent
>>
>>19267464
>proven
It's pure speculation
>>
Tent was not only cut from inside to make an exit, but there were also three smaller holes, were those used to observe the surroundings?
>>
File: IMG_2wh9l8.jpg (98KB, 559x559px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2wh9l8.jpg
98KB, 559x559px
>>19257180
>be inside tent with my friends
>see/hear something
>all EIGHT of us decide we'd rather brave the Russian winter without clothes than face whatever we saw
>cut our way out of the tent and boogie
>run towards the woods
>some of our friends freeze
>we steal thier clothes and light a fire
>made it to the woods
>check out camp by climbing a tree to see if whatever it is is still there

Then they all die of extreme physical trauma.
>>
>>19267268
>be native
>be khv
>go hunting
>normie camp!
>hear Chads fucking 10/10's
>anger overpowers you
>run among them screeching and shooting in the air
>realize killing them means you go gulag
>ohshit.jpg
>normies flee their their tents into the wilderness, barely clothed
>nah, they'll probably return soon
>go home to fap to females tits you briefly saw bouncing
>forget about it
>>
>>19267554
>some of our friends freeze
>we steal thier clothes and light a fire
Those two who got their clothes taken got burn marks on their hands meaning they died after they set up a fireplace
>>
http://freetexthost.com/djqrnofudu
>>
>They flee tent for unknown reasons and head to forest
>Start a fire
>Doroshenko and Krivonischenko die
>Slobodin climbs tree to check camp status. Its fine
>Slobodin falls from tree and injures head
>argument breaks out about whether they stay or return to camp.
>Possible physical altercation explaining the injuries on the hands of some of the group. Existing tensions already apparent from group journals. Tensions are elevated when two of the group die. Maybe moreso if Slobdobin has seen that the campsite is fine, meaning the two had died after leaving the camp for no reason.
>Group splits, Slobdobin, Dyatlov and Kolmogrova decide to return to camp while Dubinina, Zolotarov, Kolestov and Thribeaux-Brignolles decide to stay in the forest, perhaps for fear that either returning is too dangerous or that the campsite is still dangerous.
>Dyatlov and Kolmogrova take the clothes from the two that died and head off with Slobdobin back to camp. They die along the way
>The 4 that stay decide to head into the ravine to escape the winds where they then decide to create a den in the snow.
>The den collapses and the 4 die after being crushed under the weight/ pressure of the snow.
>>
>>19267953
>Group splits, Slobdobin, Dyatlov and Kolmogrova decide to return to camp
It's no doubt that those 3 decided to return to camp and died along the way, but I doubt they went together, because they all died some distance from each other and their clothes were taken from them, I think Slobodin went to camp alone, then group leader Dyatlov went after him, then his gf Kolmogorova followed him, none made it back or found other 2.

>The den collapses and the 4 die after being crushed under the weight/ pressure of the snow.
They made a den, but none were found right on it, also out of those 4 only 3 had injuries and another died from freezing
>>
>>19267953
>Maybe moreso if Slobdobin has seen that the campsite is fine
If only 3 tried to return it means that whatever danger they encountered there previously was very spooky, they weren't lost, forest they took shelter in was in straight line from the tent, so even in poor visibility they could still make it, you gotta considerer that 6 of them left in their socks and 1 had only one boot, if you go outside during winter night without even taking footwear it must be urgent
>>
There was radiation found in the area. Flesh was removed with precision. There also seems to be an association with aliens and Bigfoot.
>>
>>19268008
>be USA sleeper agent
>be on assignment to find out what commies have developed as nuclear missiles
>it's probably shit, go for the lulz
>catch the scum with their pants down
>"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU KNOW"
>the hikers that work for the nuclear program don't know anything
>ackwardscilence.avi
>force them out into the cold with a gun
>they die
>go home and tell command they weren't at the pass
>cry
>>
Bump 2
>>
I think it was russians bombing experiments...
>>
>>19267306
So they cut a hole in the tent to flee barely clothed because they heard a bomb go off? then 3 of them tried to return to the tent, 2 froze to death by the fire and the other four ventured deeper into the woods to be killed by a bomb there?

I guess thats plausible but feels funky for some reason
>>
File: berb.jpg (59KB, 500x352px) Image search: [Google]
berb.jpg
59KB, 500x352px
>>19267537
>>19269743
I don't get this story about the tent being cut open from inside. It's what makes the story so spoopy because it sounds very unreasonable. How did they prove that? Did they send the fabric to a lab to analyse the fibres? Maybe it got damaged by the wind after the incident.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>19257180
My best guess is a suicide pact.
>>
>>19270115
how do you determine if it was ripped from inside
>>
nice video about the incident
https://youtu.be/Y8RigxxiilI
>>
>>19264483
>be experienced hikers
>hear a sound
>think it's a bear
>cut open tent
>run out deep into the Siberian wilderness naked

Nah, no experienced hiker would do that even if there was a bear.
>>
>>19265152
>I was pretending to be retarded
>>
I did a deep dive on Dyatlov pass early this year. My guess is either the Soviet government killed them, or it was aliens.
>>
>>19257180
I think you're off on the KGB part. Internal dissent and issues, yes you can deal with that publicly. Possible foreign collusion with graduates of a university tied to the military-industrial complex that helped develop Ural industrialization and provide tanks, guns and planes? You don't want the populace discovering that.

The university they went to had close ties with the Soviet military-industrial complex, and as such educated students with intent to become engineers involved with military projects. We don't know the full extent of U.S. or Soviet spy operations nor do we have any actual information, but what if there was an agent communicating with one or multiple people within that group that went hiking. The KGB wouldn't want anyone (Such as the contact who was communicating with the graduated students) discovering that they were on track. Thus they make it look like some freak, odd accident with no explanation with five dead at one spot than 75 m over four fully dressed dead.

Now let's look at the fact there's four that are actually dressed - so actually able to survive for long periods of time. Why would four get dressed while the other five weren't? There were also unexplained fatal injuries in three of the hikers. While it couldn't be caused by a human, wouldn't an agency such as the KGB actually have the access to tools for better persuasion? If the CIA had operatives working with Ural Polytech at the time, we'd never know. It's buried deep - probably the only reason we know about Dyatlov Pass is because the Soviet Union collapsed, and subsequently the KGB disestablished leaving the paperwork without any legitimate government protection. The details of seeing 8-9 sets of footprints (While there's ten in the group itself) can be led to believe that any additional people could hide their own footprints in the initial path as well. All the actions such as the tree climbing and tents is misdirection.
>>
>>19270385
If you cut it with a knife the fibers would be frayed outward from the pressure of the knife. Wouldn't be too hard to tell.
>>
>>19270836
Additionally, if you look at Zolotarev. He's a decorated war veteran from the Great Patriotic War. He risked life and limb and inspired men to fight. He could have made a career in the military, but he instead elected to be a vagabond - moving around the country and making several career changes. The cossack had unknown tattoos by anyone close to him. He was also one of the better clothed ones.

My assumption is he was the inside man for something (Many of the other members have worked in secretive departments that involved radioactive materials) and ended up being found out by the KGB. The KGB attempt to force whatever the group as a whole knew and decided it was better killing them than letting them live. The reason why the remainder weren't executed is they were a good distance away from the tent, so death was all but guaranteed. The KGB waited nearby, seeing they made a fire and decided to put an end to force them to try and return to the tent.

>>19270172
I thought so too at first, but when you look at it several of the members had good relationships and communicated openly and participated in leadership positions within the school, shown to have many good friends, successful entry into jobs for several,and Vladimir Shunin, friend of several of those who died and wasn't able to make the trip, said these trips were done for the love of the countryside. There's also Yuri Yudin who quit early due to back issues. If he was in on it, why quit because your back hurts - you're going to kill yourself anyways.
>>
>>19270713
This video actually makes the most sense
>>
>>19270713
I don't buy the stove theory. If indeed they smoked themselves out why not exit momentarily and then return after airing out the smoke? Makes no sense to abandon everything over something so manageable.
>>
Someone farted in the tent. Obviously.
>>
>>19270836
>While there's ten in the group itself
Group consisted of 9 people
>Now let's look at the fact there's four that are actually dressed
It has been proven that better dressed guys took stuff from their dead comrades who were found in their underwear and even with taking that into account they still were not fully clothed, nobody had winter jacket or gloves on, for example, only two had boots
>>
>>19271213
The Russians were testing Mexican food and sharted in their tent and made it look like an accident
>>
>>19265839
Talking with experience, some people like myself will get cold feet without boots. I would always sleep with boots inside the sleeping bag.

Some sleeping bags are prepared for this, where the bottom has a zipper. What is strange is that they ripped the tents.

Grabbing some clothes just by hand wouldn't have taken more than two seconds. The case of just a single boot suggests one tried to put one but failed to have time for the second boot.

What was that urgent? They couldn't have got lost. They had fire with them, they could have found their way back.

The veteran presence is very strange. Why would a spy be friends with academic kids? This doesn't happen frequently, unless the spy has a mission to friend them.

Could the spy beat to death one or two of them so the group would be subjugated? Very possibly and at the same time strange the other men didn't rebelled. As other mentioned, there are so many simpler ways to get rid of some students, you just didn't needed to find the bodies and there would be nothing else to say.

If they saw something, can only wonder what it was.
>>
>>19270925
This could make sense. An armed group storms the camp at gunpoint. Forces everyone out with whatever they have dressed, knowing they won't last long without gear.

Going up the tree and trying to make a new shelter then makes sense. As well as killing the other three who tried to individually go back. The investigation afterwards would then mean this wasn't a Soviet action.

Very likely they were trying to identify the killers, who could have been double-crossing Russians on payroll from the US.

Perhaps those young kids had a promising future and were too smart to keep alive, so the killers had the intention to make their dismissal look like an accident to prevent similar retaliation in the US, albeit then failing completely to make it look like an accident.
>>
>>19271673
>Could the spy beat to death one or two of them so the group would be subjugated? Very possibly and at the same time strange the other men didn't rebelled.
Nobody was beaten to death, all 3 guys with broken bones including WW 2 vet didn't have wounds on soft tissue which only happens when power of the impact is very strong and was not inflicted by man's hand, some of them had small wounds on fists and bruises on body which could be caused by fighting thouh, but nothing serious.

Though I agree that old guy among them was very suspicious, the rest were 20-24 years old students and friends who hiked as a group before, but they didn't really know him, he went only because the group he was meant to go with had a change of plans at last moment, during the war it's known that he served as NKVD informator within the army who monitored and reported the mood of soldiers to officials, it's probable he continued doing that work after war, because he was 38 years old dude who moved all around the country never staying in one place for long and had no family, also photos and diary entries suggest that despite being a stranger to them and much older guy they got along really well and everybody liked him, he obviously knew how to charm people and make them trust you which would support spy theory, and lastly whole group called him Alexander when in reality his name was Semyon, maybe it was just a nickname or maybe he introduced himself with wrong name on purpose, two students who were engineers in secret nuclear bureau might have known he was a KGB spy and worked together with him
>>
>>19267448
Sorry I didn't mean anyone died at the tent but something happened that made them leave was freaky. After reading the supposed medical reports it seems fighting was probable, for me logically ppl are usually at blame before anything paranormal. Murder n accidental death is my opinion.
>>
>>19269743
Well when you drop bombs you don't usually just drop one, parachute bombs are dropped in groups. They could have heard them relatively close and fled hence the cutting open in sheer panic.
>>
What scares me the most is the fact they tried to make camp in the forest.

Something fucking spooked them, and spooked them so bad they took their chances making nigger rig camp in the woods with no snow gear. They saw something, dude. Something to scare fucking Russians. Meme aside, Russians are pretty fucking rock solid, but they encountered something that fucking 9 Russians in a group couldn't handle.

To be honest with you /x/, I don't even want to know what they saw that made them leave those tents.
>>
>>19272258
One dude left the tent with one boot only and 6 had only socks, they didn't even have time to grab that
>>
How does being hit by a car cause injury to bones but not soft tissues? Is this another thing that been potentially mistranslated or twisted like this >>19265442 ?
>>
It's pretty obviously murder by one of the guys jealous of not getting any from the one girl.

The reports off super human strength or radiation is all bullshit.

Missing tounge and soft tissue is from wolves or other predators.
>>
>>19272368
Damage is applied to wider area that's why bones shatter, but soft tissue is not as damaged
>>
>>19257467
>lets do some drugs because being out here sucks, and the drugs were by mistake 10x stronger than it was supposed to be
I've considered this possibility, but it's hard to imagine how every one of them didn't make it. I'm an advocate of psychedelics, but they can go wrong very fast if mis-used. When I've tripped with groups of people there's always one or two people that are sort of holding themselves together while the others completely let go, so it really is hard to imagine how it could have gone that bad.
>>
>>19272539
But look at, when it actually happened and especially where. it's before the 1960th in the UdSSR almost no psychedelic substances there (they were physics, engineering, and if I remember correctly some kind of sport/tourism student/graduates, not chemistry) at an expedition (not some milk toast hike, but a serious adventure) and also well adjusted and intelligent people, studying back then wasn't something everybody could unlike today. They knew that stupid shit like that could easily get them into a highly dangerous situation. It is really unlikely, that they tripped (even involuntarily), because it also doesn't fit with how they actually behaved. Same goes for the ultra sonic sound theory, it's possible, but highly unlikely. The experiments show it slightly causes distress and discomfort, even if you are in a very bad mood already it's still miles away from being able to make you run/flee into your certain dead.
>>
>>19272392
The injuries of those three that didn't die from hypothermia, where car crash like internal trauma without damaging the above located structures, which implies they likely "flew" through the air or were hit by blunt and heavy object travling at approximately 60-100km/h. The radiation is also, real but it was mostly found on the clothes of two or three if I remember correctly. There are different theories, about how it could get there (laboratory work, the wick of the glimspan lamp or the colors used in the production of the clothing, but we don't know for certain). It was found, this is clear.
>>
>>19272539
Drugs in USSR weren't common until 80s, people who used them before were either criminals or low-lifes, not upstanding students
>>
>>19272447

the autopsies were probably fucked up or something

there's plenty of evidence that they were fighting and outraged even before the day of the death. some beta probably went haywire
>>
One good theory was that a fire in a tent caused them to rush out and get lost in the cold. There was a stove located in one of the tents and they may have over reacted.
>>
>>19272726
Why guys with broken bones had warmer clothes than the rest?
>>19272731
There was no signs of fire in the tent
>>
>>19270925
It's certainly an interesting theory, but then there were no other traces of humans found in the snow, when the search trop arrived. Also what did they know, that they all had to go. Also we shouldn't forget it was the UdSSR, so why make such an effort, if you just can send some security police to their home and then they disappeared for ever. Rather speaks to the theory, that they did somekind of experiments with them, but this opens the question, why they took such valuable people? Maybe this had something to do with them having those very rare and excellent cameras with them, where they needed qualified people to observe something and operate the equipment.
>>
>>19272712
Show me the verified medical reports that state there was "car crash like trauma"
>>
>>19272667
>>19272714
You guys are bringing up some good points. I don't know enough about the history of that part of the world to argue against it. I like to explore the more rational possibilities before jumping into anything paranormal. It's a very intriguing mystery. Especially to someone that likes outdoorsy stuff. This thread is so big so sorry if you've explained already, but what do you think happened? Something paranormal, robbery? There certainly are things in this world that science hasn't explained.
>>
>>19272795
I wrote what I think has happened here - >>19264824
>>
>>19272761
I brought an equivalent to what is approximately the force we are talking about here (no medical precondition, male, amount of broken rips and location of the fraction lines). Obviously there is also the original report in Russian and a translation, but it was already posted in earlier threads and I don't have enough time to search all of it again, but this is decent enough for our purposes
http://dyatlov-pass.com/death
>>
>>19272737

smashed with a rock? fell? who knows, it's a very weird situation but i would imagine that some were made to walk outside

it's also possibly a prank gone wrong, who the fuck knows

there was actual fist fighting between them, it says that in the autopsy
>>
>>19272888
Do you have to autopsy in original or translation?
>>
>>19257180
Swamp lanterns.
>>
>>19272909

im not russian, it was a translation, but it seemed pretty accurate

ignoring the part where the translation said that they were fist fighting, they had bruised knuckles, broken noses, abrasions, etc

obviously had been fighting
http://ermakvagus.com/Europe/Russia/Cholat-%20Syachil/dyatlov_group_diary.html

http://ermakvagus.com/Europe/Russia/Cholat-%20Syachil/dyatlov_pass_incident_autopsy.html

there might be links to the russian autopsies but in the diary you can see that they were definitely fighting in words, and then in the autopsy you can see that they had actually fought prior to death

are you russian? it should be easy for you to find the original autopsy then wouldnt it?
>>
>the in the ravine were 4 found under 2 and half meters of snow
hmmm, i wonder what could have broken their bones
>>
>>19257898
Someone probably did a nasty fart in the tent.
>>
File: 4503137235_7d255e4da6_z.jpg (184KB, 640x463px) Image search: [Google]
4503137235_7d255e4da6_z.jpg
184KB, 640x463px
ah i was thinking so much is murder but it make sense now
i found some good schematics of the place done by someone whos Russian
it explains the small avalanche that spooked them ,they were also kinda lost at the time to .
now let me explain this avalanche was not big ,but was enough to get some pressure on the tent
the avalanche was made mostly by the winds .
the tent was in total disarray ,so they decided to cut it open and get away as fast they can .
presumed they got scared that bigger avalanche is coming so they runned away from the hills with what they could gather ,
the lights that night they saw where distress flares, orange ones ,
im pretty sure that the flare gun is still there . some where
now why the split up and why the fight
id assume there were problems in the group even before that
but 4 of them come up with near total clothing while the others are just freezing to death
so a fight broke up, i guess they came to they are senses but the damage was done
and the 4 fearing for they are lives decided to break up from the others
they made the den and slept there for the night
the 5 with less cloths decided they need to make a fire
where they spend the night . you know the rest here only 3 survive till the morning
all 3 of which died trying to get to the tent .
now what about the other 4 ,well seems fate wanted all dead
id assume they made it till the morning to
id assume they either started looking for the others
or looked for water ,they get by the pond
all together and they drop in the pond . considering they were freezing all night
getting all wet with cold water probably killed them pretty fast
just the shock from that could kill a man,the girl probably bited her tought off by the shock .
and most the damages done to they are bodys is done by the environment over the time ,
but one thing is sure . that mountain is god dam cursed .
>>
>>19273723
But 4 who died deeper in the forest took clothes from 2 who died near fire because they were found only in their underwear
>>
>>19272759
As I've illustrated, to save face. How could you allow people working so closely with state secret projects to get into contact with Western intelligence? Maybe it was a mistake a lone agent or cell of KGB agents were trying to cover up. Let's not forget no one was safe unless you were the top of the very top of the food chain (Stalin's purges bring that point some validity).
>>
>>19273749
no no no the cloths taken from dead 2 were only on the other 3 which were with them under the cedar
this 4 had probably took the most cloths and didnt want to share them.
the more you look in to this the more you see how they splited on 2 camps
>>
>>19273815
No, clothes belonging to 2 near fire were found on 4 who were in the ravine
>>
File: f_8.png (2MB, 623x3146px) Image search: [Google]
f_8.png
2MB, 623x3146px
>>19273723
I've seen a lot of these. Can't read what theyre saying but i'm assuming theyre proposing that a small sheet of snow dislodged and hit the tent. They probably ran thinking worse was coming.
>>
>>19273815
btw just to add because im sure someone will ask about it
so the burns they have, or on the cloths
is done by the stove they had in the tent
thats also another reason why they have decided to cut the tent open
also they write in the diary that in the tent have been pretty hot with that stove
>>
>>19273835
dyatlov was supposedly wearing a shirt that Yury Yudin (the 10th guy that stayed behind after falling sick) had given to Doroshenko who was one of the two that died at the fire. Kolmogrova also had clothes with torn cuff which people think means she also had clothes pulled off of the dead guys
>>
>>19273845
yes thats what is written . some of this assume someone walking uphill over the tent made a lot of snow drop
also most come with the same conclusion that the small avalanche disloged the entrance
id assume that they were scared from bigger avalanche
or they just didnt think straight considering the stove was all over the place in the tent and few of them had burns .ppl should also consider it was pitch black
maybe they used the flares to find what gear they could .
and after they grabbed what they could find they just runned towards the woods to look for shelter
also re reading the autopsy
one of the 4 , have tryed to remove his jacket and shirt,
i also thing the reason the autopsy was so slacky for the 4 is because it was more then obvious they dropped in the pond
>>
>>19273845
No one will translate these because it's not spooky enough to sell books or get people to listen to their stupid sensationalised conspiracy podcast
>>
File: image_big_52304.jpg (119KB, 750x484px) Image search: [Google]
image_big_52304.jpg
119KB, 750x484px
>>19273889
Dyatlov have died trying to get back to the tent . he was not with the other 4 .
here is a pic that will help you out .
>>
>>19273911
i have fully to agree with you.
just tonight i found about this incident and after some research ( i guess me able to read Russian a bit did help )
i found out its nothing super natural . most of its pretty obvious even to the ppl doing the investigation(so the sloppy written documents) .
probably its why the big "mystery" is made of , ah and the orange flares sorry the orange "orbs" that some ppl saw.
but that mountain do fucking love to kill ppl
>>
File: Dyatlov-pass-tent-03.jpg (64KB, 510x397px) Image search: [Google]
Dyatlov-pass-tent-03.jpg
64KB, 510x397px
>>19273845
>>19273904
yeah the stove ran along the top so its not unreasonable to believe that if that had fallen on them and the entrance had been blocked that theyd want to cut themselves out of the tent as quickly as possible
>>
>>19272667
>not some milk toast hike
This being /x/, where people are polite to each other, I'd like to respectfully note that the proper spelling is "milquetoast" when used in this context. Understandable mistake, if you've only ever heard the word rather than seen it typed.
>>
>>19274020
if this picture is right . then explains why they were missing shoes .
they probably went under the snow or got taken by the snow and they didnt had the time to look for more
id also assume at the moment at the incident they were half naked .
it just suck what happen to them what more it sucked how half of them die by drooping in a pond
and this mountain was well know even before that for killing ppl
even if there is nothing super natural about how they died
this shit is still spooky as fuck
they also had warning about going in this ways .
>>
>>19264909
How do those work
>>
>>19262759
And saved the maidens fair. What would dyatlov bear do if he were here right now? Im sure he'd eat a commie rat or two,thats what dyatlov bear would do
>>
File: IMG_9467.jpg (23KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9467.jpg
23KB, 200x200px
>be yeti
>chillin innawoods
>puny humans in mah hood
>jimmies get rustled
>start to howl and knock the woods to call mah homies
>they afraid
>build their camp in the middle of the mountain, because afraid of the woods
>winning
>keep harassing them
>throw a rock in their tent
>they flip their shit and start running naked in the snow
>i kek
>they make a fire near the woods and start to recompose
>too cold, some of them start to freeze
>round 2
>charge through the woods making they shit themselves in fear
>i chase the most scared ones into the forest
>see a cute white wimin' and get a boner
>she goes all racist with me, so i go full Mike Tyson on her, biting and punching
>jimmies really rustled now
>chase two other faggots and beat them too
>go home and fap
>>
some guy drove a van through the camp and ran over the faggots
>>
>>19272258
This is what keeps tripping me up about this. I feel like the holes in the top of the tent were cut first so they could watch for something, and then when they saw something that really fucking scared them enough to make them cut their way out of the tent they got out there and it was gone. That's the only way I can explain why they would have walked away.
>>
>>19274967
Did they run away or walk away?

If they walked away and they were dressed in practically nothing that would be a whole other level.
>>
>>19275015
The footprints show that they walked.
>>
>>19273923
None of that shit makes any sense.

The fucking tent was visible above the snow, as were their footprints, and yet the bodies were buried under snow?

They moved a fucking MILE away from their tent without getting dressed? ALL of them? Not even putting boots on?

This one is just way too fucky, and the fact that the Soviet bureaucracy of the day is about as truthful as western media today means there was shit that went down that never got put out into the public, and probably never will.
>>
>>19275023
And there wasn't any extra footprints?

God damn it what the fuck made them get out of the fucking tent
>>
>>19274479
Is this a typical day in rural Russia?
>>
>>19275067
>Not even putting boots on?
Two had boots, one had a single boot
>>
Over 900 people have died in the himalayas since the 1950. It can't be the harsh conditions or human error that killed them. That makes no fucking sense. It was obviously yetis, aliens and the KGB
>>
>>19275270
Of 9 fucking people...that decided they needed to move a mile away from their fucking tent for some reason. They should have ALL had their boots on, dude.>>19275139

>>19275139
>And there wasn't any extra footprints?

Not that we've been told. Doesn't mean there weren't, though. This is 1959 Soviet Union we're talking about here, which means they had no problems covering shit up, lying, or simply not reporting anything they deemed detrimental to their "glorious" party cause.

>>19275319
>died in the himalayas

People die in the Himalayas because they're above 10,000' elevation and the oxygen is scarce. These people died on a rock that wasn't even 4,000'.
>>
>>19275319
>tl;dr i didn't pay attention to what happened here and had a kneejerk reaction to an image with snow in it
>>
>>19275362
if there was really something to to cover up we either wouldnt have heard anything or theyd have fabricated a better story instead of letting it be steeped in mystery
>>
>>19275393
Agreed, even main investigator of the case 30 years later said it was very mysterious and unexplainable, KGB wouldn't bother with cover up or make it simple
>>
>>19275393
>theyd have fabricated a better story

No they wouldn't have.

Look at the U.S., for example. The fucking army put out a story saying they captured a flying disc, and then to cover it up they said it was a weather balloon.......a fucking weather balloon.

Never underestimate the incompetence of career bureaucrats.
>>
>>19275364
Hikers cut they way out of tent after getting hit by a snow sheet and fearing and avalanche, they escape to woods. A fire is lit but 2 die of hypothermia. Their clothes are taken. Someone climbs a tree to check the camp but its in the same state they left it. the group maybe has a fight, and then splits. 3 decide to return to the camp but die along the way from the elements. The other 4 build a den in the ravine but it collapses on them crushing some of them to death while the others dies of hypothermia.
>>
>>19275434
Dude who climbed the tree was among two who died first
>>
>>19275364
Maybe they had a kneejerk reaction like after what >>19274020 said happened. After realising that the tent was useless they decided to make camp-fire by the forrest as it protected them for the wind. Since the fire wasnt strong enough some of them went looking for dry wood in the forest, and because they couldn't see shit they fell to their death. Some decided to go back to the camp to get clothes. But died on their way back. One of the guys went up a tree to see if there is really any risk of avalanche. Basically they were bunch of idiots.
>>
>>19275470
They were experienced hikers. The "tent caught on fire" theory is probably the dumbest one I've heard, even harder to believe than aliens/yeti.

There was snow all around them, they could have easily put out a fire by shoveling snow onto the tent, and then instead of hiking a mile into the woods, use the tent as a tarp and just stay huddled up/clothed up for the night until morning, and then repair the tent.
>>
>>19275663
nobodys said anything about a fire
>>
File: o884oQy.jpg (57KB, 488x528px) Image search: [Google]
o884oQy.jpg
57KB, 488x528px
>>19267306
fuck I got spooped
>>
i hear u been tlkin shit bitch
>>
>>19275663
>The "tent caught on fire" theory is probably the dumbest one I've heard, even harder to believe than aliens/yeti.
No wonder yetis and aliens are more believable to you, you've literally just imagined a discussion about the tent catching fire
>>
>>19275876
If there was a fire, it wasn't big enough to destroy the belongings within the tent nor the tent itself. How could it have been big enough for them to abandon it naked and run down the montain into a forest?
>>
>>19275800
>>19275876

He referenced a post about the stove falling into the tent. The stove theory says that the tent caught on fire and they cut out because of the smoke, and then abandoned the tent to take shelter in the woods, which is a dumb fucking theory.

Dumb fucks.
>>
>>19273723
There were several geology specialists from Europe after collapse of the UdSSR, who all concluded an avalanche was impossible in this place. They were also experienced hikers and knew enough about classical mechanics to know an avalanche was impossible there. The tought wasn't bitten, you can tell this by how much was missing, it was the entire tought not only some part.
>>
>>19276188
You still can't fucking read.
that comment chain was about a sheet of snow hitting the tent possibly leading to them thinking an avalanche was coming. The stove falling on them would have just added to the panic, nothing was stated about actual fire
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.