[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/x/, have you ever found yourself playing a role in a mystical,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

/x/, have you ever found yourself playing a role in a mystical, cosmic, poetic sense?

What I mean is, have you ever found yourself in some circumstance or another, either by yourself in the world or with other people, where you seemed to fall into some archetypal role, some groove worn in the road of existence? I suppose here I give recourse to Jung and Freud, but also in ideas from art and storytelling. The Fool, the Pure Maiden, the Wolf, something along those lines. Maybe even some bigger personified force, like Death. Basically, have you ever been in a situation where you realized, either at the time or later, that you were acting as some avatar for a larger force or idea?
>>
>>19256467

do you believe in free will?
>>
File: image043.jpg (89KB, 556x500px) Image search: [Google]
image043.jpg
89KB, 556x500px
>>19256473
I do. But I also believe in the power of stories, on both the psychological and the supernatural level. I don't necessarily believe in their ability to dictate, but I believe in their ability to influence.
>>
>>19256467
Does despair count?

>>19256503
If I'm in a story, it is Kafka's The Trial.
>>
>>19256467
you're only attributing meaning to an event based on stories you've heard. the human mind is incredibly adept at recognizing patterns and finding meaning where there is nothing
>>
>>19256601
too real senpai
>>
>>19256467
Time is circular my friend.
All that is, already was.
>>
My family has some fairy lore attached to it, a sort of curse. It goes down through the eldest child. The eldest is always a girl, with some sort of sixth sense/second sight.
until, one generation, the eldest child is a boy, with hazel eyes. This man will grow to bring some sort of doom. the scope and target of what this doom affects is what is usually discussed at Christmas by my great aunts and uncles.
Of course, when they realise I'm listening, they shut the hell up.
>>
>>19256467
I'm doing it all the time willingly
>>
>>19257614
Nigga that's CRAZY. Where are you from?
>>
Not sure about all that, but these were written about me:
http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/19218952/#19220321
http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/19224944/#19228734

Feelsweirdman
>>
File: 1498947544566.jpg (22KB, 236x324px) Image search: [Google]
1498947544566.jpg
22KB, 236x324px
I played the role of death and there seems to be no escaping it. What I did or didn't do still haunts my mind.
>>
>>19256467

I realized I'm Gandalf. I just haven't gone grey yet. In due time I suppose.
>>
>>19256467

Yes! I think we are always playing a role. To awaken is to play it consciously.
>>
>>19257716
That side of the family is from ireland, if thats what you want to know
>>
The world's a stage, OP. We are all merely playing our parts.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.