[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Microbial intelligence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: T4_micrograph.gif (134KB, 640x755px) Image search: [Google]
T4_micrograph.gif
134KB, 640x755px
Some ideas I've had:

1) How do we know that religious and cultural concepts of good vs. evil aren't a metaphor for the primordial evolutionary struggle between cell and virus? If "God" emerges from cellular life via mankind as a sort of superintelligence, could it not be possible that "Satan" is another such superintelligence emerging from the evolutionary course of non-cellular infectious agents? It seems only natural that the ultimate destiny of this struggle would be for one to destroy the other forever.

2) What if all mental illnesses are driven by as yet undiscovered viruses? What if all the theories about chemical imbalances and environmental factors are wrong, or at least just ancillary to infection? We already know that toxoplasma gondii alters the brain and that millions of people carry it. I believe this may be just the tip of a very massive iceberg that would change how we approach psychology completely.

Sorry if this all seems a little schizo, but what better place than /x/ to talk about possibilities like this?
>>
>>19255872
x should be the place to explore science like this using open source over the internet

perhas it has to do with diet and the gut microbes connected to our brains
>>
Myself and another individual have changed almost completely in terms of mentality after a couple years of eating raw whole foods. We both subscribe to the idea that our mental health is most likely directly affected by our gut microbial life.
>>
>>19255872
You're onto something. What I noticed is that traditional remedies against ghosts/spirits/demons whatever tend to have antimicrobial properties. I'm mostly talking about incense. Rue, syrian rue, sage, pine resin etc are good examples. When I was plagued by sleep paralysis with shadow people for weeks, the experiences stopped when I started burning syrian rue seeds after reading how arabs use that stuff against djinns. That stuff also got a slight antidepressant effect, so state of mind is a factor too.
>>
>>19255872
Very postmodern of you
>>
File: Alex_Grey_Despair1.jpg (407KB, 548x700px) Image search: [Google]
Alex_Grey_Despair1.jpg
407KB, 548x700px
>>19255872
Painting by Alex Grey about interdimensional parasites. Notice the bacteriophage.
>>
>>19255872
What if God is actually Satan?
In one body there should only be one person.
God is the virus, maybe.
>>
>>19256195
Investigate further.
>>
>>19255872
ive been studying evolution and early life a ton lately and had a similar idea (though much less put together than yours) because there are basically 2 theories as to how viruses came to be. to put it simply, they could have evolved separately, or they could have evolved from pieces of DNA/RNA from living organisms.

i dont personally know enough to have an opinion on which is true (hell maybe both are true) but i'm sure you could pull biblical metaphors from either theory.

another interesting fact to consider is that genetics show that every living thing on earth (note that viruses are not considered to be living) can be traced back to the same origin, so in other words, earth only has one family tree. why didnt multiple family trees grow? did others sprout, but evolve less efficiently than the one that we all evolved from? is life so diverse and broad that it can only be identified as living by members of the same tree (such as in the case of us not considering viruses to be alive)? just something relevant to ponder.
>>
Interesting theory!
This was a quote I found interesting, that basically says the function of viruses and disease is to offer the opportutnity to the soul to end the incarnation (by dying). When it's nof lethal it's supposedly a call to attention to something. When catalyst is not used properly for growth it manifests physical to strengthen its call. Unfortunately there is supposedly a lot of confusion and this is often not used properly, since we are living under a veil of forgetting to infesify our experience, according to this. This may be the cause of a lot of suffering, I think.
>76.20 Questioner: What was the form of disease, and why did this exist at beginning third density?
>Ra: I am Ra. Firstly, that which you speak of as disease is a functional portion of the body complex which offers the body complex the opportunity to cease viability. This is a desirable body complex function. The second portion of the answer has to do with second-density other-selves of a microscopic, as you would call it, size which have in some forms long existed and perform their service by aiding the physical body complex in its function of ceasing viability at the appropriate space/time.
>>
>>19255872
that is a virus

and its not a living thing
>>
>>19256245
http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?s=12#31
>>
>>19256231
If I'd say: "I'm God", it would be the virus, who's talking.
>>
>>19256273

The word is a virus....

william s burroughs...
>>
>>19256321
That's why children can't talk.
>>
>>19256331

autism
>>
What is the believed origin of the virus, again? Isn't it believed they somehow spawned from cellular organisms?
>>
>>19255886
>>19256029
Gut bacteria is an interesting thing to consider, and I have no doubt it plays a role in how healthy we feel, but I was referring moreso to viruses, and specifically those which could actually be inside the brain and be damaging it directly.

>Myself and another individual have changed almost completely in terms of mentality after a couple years of eating raw whole foods.
No bully but pic related is the first mental image to come to mind.

>>19256115
Antimicrobial properties is probably what it all boils down to. That could explain why a lot of these off-the-shelf herbal remedies don't work for most people. By the time they've been dried out, ground into powder, put in capsules, and shipped, they've surely lost whatever antimicrobial properties they had, even if they still carry their supposed "active ingredient". Indigenous cultures never would have done all this processing, they would have consumed the plants mostly fresh.

>>19256127
I see that. Interesting that he maybe considered the possibility too. But I don't know if he's using the virus as a metaphor, or actually signaling his belief in a concrete biological theory. The inclusion of spiders and snakes makes me think it's the former.

>>19256239
>but i'm sure you could pull biblical metaphors from either theory.
Oh yeah, don't get me started. The temptation is too easy.

If viruses depend on living hosts to reproduce, than they must have appeared after the tree of life did. That's why I find it doubtful that they're part of some distinct family tree of their own. In fact I'd say it lends credence to your point that they may be formed from broken strings of living DNA.

>>19256374
See this guy's informative post: >>19256239
>>
File: yOdUlik.gif (875KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
yOdUlik.gif
875KB, 320x240px
>>19256415
>>
>>19256415
>No bully but pic related is the first mental image to come to mind.

I laughed. I feel the same way when people get preachy about their lifestyle. I'm sure you know I only mentioned it in relation to your topic. :P
>>
>>19256439
No worries Anon. Only thing I wonder is this. You say you and your friend have noticed that your mentalities have changed because of your change in diet. Have you been keeping data? It's always interesting to see if the numbers support our feels.
>>
>>19256468
Well blood tests have been showing positive changes for me. I've had issues with hyperthyroid and low testosterone which have improved... No numbers for mental health, but I find it easier to hold onto positive thoughts, and feel less cloudy overall. That is purely anecdotal.
>>
>>19256415
Viruses could be part of some larger structure. We generally comprehend experience as it happens to us as a body. A viral genome spread out over a large population could be like some kind of hive minded organism that has some kind of information processing happening over many billions of generations.

Maybe life of a specific genome is somehow connected over nonlocal time and space, and the whole virus genome could be like a inter dimensional creature.

They could also be some kind of hyperspace construct that extra dimensional beings could use to make alterations in the genetic structure of beings on earth.

Any simple life form could be an alien surveillance device for a more advanced form of that life from another starsystem or galaxy. Spiders could be part of some biological hivemind for recording what people do in every room of their house for instance lol.
>>
>>19255872
Sounds like the premise of Monster Girl Quest.

And you should learn the differences between bacteria, virus and parasite anon, toxoplasma gondii is a parasite.
>>
>>19256121
Fuck off, this is not what postmodern means. Postmodern is a derogation for psuedointellectual exercises in semantics.
>>
>>19256415
Processing and storage is only really an issue with volatile active ingredients, so smelly stuff. Same for the fresh use. You can store dry conks & syrian rue seeds for hundreds of years and they'd still work. Always depends. But yeah normies shop wrong.

About the painting, low tier parasites can look like that. I've seen glitchy moving spiders/crab & something that looks like molting beetle larvae.

I think microbial life might be the physical form of some otherdimensional entities, because after seeing these fuckers on Ayahuasca, I've noticed how if you get rid of one, you'll get rid of the other.
>>
Everyone interested in this thread REALLY needs to read Greg Bear's novels Vitals and Blood Music

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitals_(novel)
>what if people could weaponize bacteria's ability for genetic transfer?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_Music_(novel)
>what happens when every cell in your body becomes a self-aware observer?
>>
>>19255872
>It seems only natural that the ultimate destiny of this struggle would be for one to destroy the other forever.
Hint: God is losing. And always will.

The point of a virus isn't to end all multicellular life, it's to feed on it indefinitely because a virus can't reproduce on its own. Viruses that are *too* deadly end up killing their host population too fast and basically self-quarantine.

I guess this *does* ultimately make sense in the context of Abrahamic monotheism. The only one who ever threatens genocide is God, not the devil. The devil is actually pretty cool/chill with humanity, given how malignant God tends to be.
>>
>>19259245
What about >>19256245
>>
>>19255872
Virus equals alien life they say a virus isnt alive but I disagree thats because we havent studied anything yet indepth the universe and knowledge is VAST!!!
>>
>>19260121
no virus not alife wtf. sientists say its not
>>
>>19255872
What do you think about (misfolded) prions?, that shit is basic as fuck and seems to only affect the brain.
>>
>>19256239
One thing that's super cool is chloroplasts and mitochondria (the powerhouses of plant and animal cells) have their own separate DNA from the rest of the body.
Theory is they were a separate bacteria and over time a symbiotic relationship was developed between host cells and these bacterial cells that used aerobic respiration. These bacteria then evolved into the mitochondria and choloplasts we have today.

So maybe there were separate trees growing but at one point fused into the main tree in order to keep surviving. Or maybe there was one tree which split into many branches and then some of those branches fused back together. Who knows. I don't know enough about all that to form any solid reasoning. All just thoughts that are interesting to imagine.
>>
>>19255872
>"Satan" is another such superintelligence
Lucifer is indeed super intelligent, he was created this way. He didn't "evolve", he became consumed by sin, pride and hatred. He is called the accuser(satan) for a reason.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.