[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Occultism & Magick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 341
Thread images: 43

File: itwlzowogkhbhk7occld.gif (872KB, 1800x1080px) Image search: [Google]
itwlzowogkhbhk7occld.gif
872KB, 1800x1080px
/sum/ pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/HhU18gCW

Library link:
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
>>
>>19252697
Why do you need magic?
>>
So anyway, I'm about to get this job where I'm going to be innawoods pretty much 24/7, with no internet and no contact with the outside world, on a vegetarian diet, up in the mountains in the northwest. What are some witchy things I should do for the next year-ish I'll be living there? I feel like it'd be a total waste for me to not have some kind of initiatory experience.

Pic unrelated (or is it?)
>>
>>19252703
Totally Claim a grove as a sanctum.
>>
>>19252700
Because

-It triggers normies
-It helps me feel a personal connection with God and Nature
-I can cast spells, and sometimes they work!
>>
>>19252697
does anyone know about love spells and how to cast them?
>>
>>19252783
If your love spell at any time Uses the words
"Make them"
It's a rape spell.
>>
>>19252794
i will keep that in mind. what about casting them? do i need a candle or can i use something else?
>>
>>19252697
Who the fuck draws a pentagram like that?
>>
Last work shift this week; gonna send repliers to Black Ivory a bit about the Quarter Guardians in a few hours, since it was brought up last thread.
>>
>>19252703
>>19252703
You should probably bring some Chumbley with you, or really buy/print out as many books as possible that could be useful...plus any ritual scripts you might need, your waylandry bag, and of course plenty of paper and writing utensils.

Has anyone else had a difficult time getting theirs posts to come thru over the past couple hours? It seemed like the whole board was frozen, and none of my posts "connected" on this board or on /his/ until just a moment ago.
>>
>>19252860
>>19252866
It's the super spoopy and mysterious occult phenomenon called "cloudflare fucked up".
>>
>>19252817
You need lots of candles and Al Green music.

Light the candles and turn on the music.

Then make sweet love to your target until she falls in love with you.

If your target is a he, the spell is exactly the same, except instead of Al Green use Bronski Beat.

Works 100% if you do everything right.
>>
What are some things a novice just learning they have power towards water/fire can do?

use your imagination /x/
>>
>>19252829
I was *about* to give you shit about varying elemental pentagrams, then clicked on the pic and said
>Who the fuck draws a pentagram like that?
>>
>>19253317
Hydromancy and pyromancy? Start working with air/earth to balance oneself? Evoke the Undines? Evoke the salamanders? Create egregore?
>>
Is Frater oz legit?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxCnzRVU1WI
Found this on yt while looking for examples of people performing some Thelemic Rites. His pronunciations of some things seem to be odd, but maybe that's just me.
>>
>>19253454
He doesn't seem to give the signs correctly about half the time so I'm assuming not, but if anyone has more info it will be appreciated! Also if anyone has a legitimate source for actually seeing or at least hearing Thelemic rituals being performed properly, please let me know!
>>
File: ...png (32KB, 1263x353px) Image search: [Google]
...png
32KB, 1263x353px
>>19252697
>>
>>19253606
>~t. Guy Who Googled the word "magick" Five Minutes Ago
>>
Lokanath spotted lecturing on Typonian Thelema this week.
>>
>>19253454
I'm a Frater Shiva man myself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9H3VqUFVgY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W65MR99Pe-A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWKjsfVZM_4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9H3VqUFVgY&t=8s

It may not be the most instructional for Neophytes but I love the mix of the early 90s geocities website aesthetic and the old man finding the internet for the first time vibe.

Shiva has some books in the Mega I would consider to be must reads for anyone interested in Thelema
>>
>>19252711
how do you know they work?
>>
>>19254104
Is the sign of the Enterer supposed to be done with just the two index fingers outstretched (as I was taught)? Or with the palms out flat? Also, It seems like every video I see has someone doing at least one of the NOX signs wrong (the most common being failure to hook the thumbs upward in a right-angle). Any thoughts? Thanks.
>>
>>19254146
>just the two index fingers outstretched

generally correct look at the photographs and pictures for reference as opposed to the descriptions because they are usually remarkably poor

>>19254146
>It seems like every video I see has someone doing at least one of the NOX signs wrong

They're surprisingly hard to get right, at least in my experience practicing. Yoga helps a lot, as does general self knowledge. The ones you kind of fuck up can tell you a lot about where you're at.

>>19252697
>Sanctifying your DS with a passive Spirit pentagram

whatever floats your boat I guess
>>
>>19252703
>>19252860
Chumbley would be great to bring, as would the Hawk and Jackal materials. You can work the Full Moon and New moon rites, the Sabbats...working up to the Grand Rite or your variation on it. The Tesseract would be another great Working to learn, but it will take a lot of trial if you don't have someone already instructed in it to teach you. I have begun incorporating H&J stuff into my ritual schedule, soon to add Chumbley...
>>
>>19254191
Thanks for the insight. I'm certainly not claiming to be any kind of master, myself, but it does occur to me that someone *should* have mastered the rite they are about to record themselves performing and plaster all over the internet. You make a very good point about

>The ones you kind of fuck up can tell you a lot about where you're at.

Yes, the descriptions can be terrible, and even some of the diagrams I've seen are awful. Like this one:
>>19238742
>>
>>19254191
If it weren't for that pesky line segment below the writing utensil, invoking pentagram of Spirit Passive is the closest, fo- sho'
>>
>>19254236
This is a not too terrible reference:
https://www.scribd.com/document/106765671/The-Signs-and-Gestures-O-T-O

Ape may disagree with me but I personally feel like the signs of the grades are a bit more mutable than the literature lets on. Sometimes in the middle of a ritual i'll feel my body telling me to do a slight variation and ill kind of go with it. Like yoga poses, it's all about the symbolism in the form and how it feels to you energetically that matters.

>>19254193
>>19252856

Speaking of Hawk and Jackal, may I make the humble suggestion that we incorporate the Tesseract working into the Black Ivory stuff in a slightly more formal way. There seems to be a lot of interest in it and for good reason.
>>
>>19254274
Hopefully the appearance of interest isn't inflated by the fact that this is my third or fourth time mentioning/asking about it in about the past 4 threads.
>>
In the past few threads we have discussed how Chaos magick appears to have been memed within inches of its life by people who think Chaos Magick means "you can do anything you want and call it this." I am wondering, what about people utilizing fictional characters in their "Chaos magick" schema? Is this just a meme? I know it seems to be an established discordian practice, and I'm semi-aware of the relationship between Discordianism and Chaos Magick, but perhaps someone more knowledgeable than me can fill me in? Muchas Gracias!
>>
>>19252703
It's nice to see you back around, if you were ever gone to begin with. To answer your question last thread RE: Self-initiation, the Lonely Road is an integral and time-honored tradition in Ye Auld Craefte, but I'm not sure how the grade or role of "priestess" is defined in your context. For certain rites I have performed/participated in, a "priestess" is basically just an initiate (or sometimes not!) that serves the function of a priestess. I know in many systems it requires a certain level of attainment, and some systems I believe it's a grade in and of itself(?).
>>
>>19254307
Better one person who is really interested than four or five people who aren't really dedicated. The Tesseract is a lot of Work. Besides there are others who lurk here who would be interested, so that's why I suggested it.
>>19254336
When I first got into Magick I got into an interesting conversation about Chaos Magick with the head of my, at the time, local OTO lodge that basically boiled down to "Sure you could summon Superman if you wanted to, but by the time you were capable of that, what would be the point?"

Chaos Magick was a very important and necessary revitalization of Magickal power at the time it was Vital. The great lesson that the premise of Chaos Magick imparts to budding Magicians is that you can, really, summon anything if you put in the Work. The problem is when people viewed that great argument against Orthodoxy and saw it as an excuse not to do the Work. You can't get to Synthesis without Thesis and then Antithesis and you can't get Superman onto your summoning rig without a deep understanding (the word I'm really looking for is awareness beyond understanding) of both Superman and the powers of your own being, as expressed in whatever ritual summoning formula you use.

just my rambling two cents. Discordianism is it's own crazy, beautiful thing and I recommend you work some Zen before you fuck with it.
>>
>>19254416
>Discordianism is it's own crazy, beautiful thing and I recommend you work some Zen before you fuck with it.
kek
>>
>>19254416
>"Sure you could summon Superman if you wanted to,
two points/questions from someone with little experience in summoning

1) Can you really? I don't think the people, some of whom i respect, who say they've summoned superheros or some such are lying but I've tired that and tried summoning gods and angels and it was very different.

2) If you're interested in working with spirits, shouldn't you have a a very different and more anthrocentric view of what spirits are if summoning superman is the same as summoning set?
>>
>>19254453
>tired
tried, sorry
>>
>>19254416
Thank you for your input. You described very beautifully what I have been attempting to articulate various places in various ways RE: People using Chaos magick as an excuse rather than a framework.
>>
>>19254453

1): Yes. Additionally, all existence is subjective, whether or not *they're* able to grasp their reality well enough to manipulate it at whim doesn't mean others will be able to even with the same procedures.
2): No. Again, existence is subjective. Trying to make things 'orderly' and 'consistent' amongst multiple 'individuals' is for autistic meatlings. Just go with the flow of what works for you as the individual. Remember: Two opposing things can both be true without either being false.
>>
File: superman-y-jesus[1].jpg (48KB, 265x213px) Image search: [Google]
superman-y-jesus[1].jpg
48KB, 265x213px
>>19254426
https://principiadiscordia.com/book/55.php
>>19254453
>I've tired that and tried summoning gods and angels and it was very different

Of course it would be, but did you really take the ritual for summoning Superheros as seriously as the one for summoning Angels? If you have a religious framework surrounding the idea of what an Angel is that basically guarantees that you're going to take that ritual much more seriously and that it's much more likely to be successful. In reality the idea of summoning Superman is absurd, but from the perspective of MU, or Ayin, or PAN, or whatever you'd call That which is Not, so is summoning anything else.

> shouldn't you have a a very different and more anthrocentric view of what spirits are if summoning superman is the same as summoning set

can you elaborate? Do you mean that your framework should change if one is a human invention and one is a mask for a greater force? The argument of Chaos Magick, as I understand it, is that the frame work should change to fit the ritual and then be cast into the Void. You should have whatever view of Spirits is necessary for you to accomplish the Work and then chuck that belief out the window.
>>
>>19254528
>https://principiadiscordia.com/book/55.php
wow, 2deep4me.
>>
>>19254506

Anon, as someone who appears to fancy themselves above many others, did you reach a decent level of attainment before getting into Chaos Magick?
>>
>>19254528
>Of course it would be, but did you really take the ritual for summoning Superheros as seriously as the one for summoning Angels?
Inasfar as I understand myself, I can say I took summoning superheroes more seriously. One can appeal to the subconscious given social conditioning etc. and i don't think that's wrong exactly but it does put the issue out of the range of discourse.
If you have a religious framework surrounding the idea of what an Angel is that basically guarantees that you're going to take that ritual much more seriously and that it's much more likely to be successful. In reality >summoning Superman is absurd, but from the perspective of MU, or Ayin, or PAN, or whatever you'd call That which is Not, so is summoning anything else.
granted, but isn't it at least possible that from the relative point of view set has more ontological validity than superman?

>can you elaborate? Do you mean that your framework should change if one is a human invention and one is a mask for a greater force? The argument of Chaos Magick, as I understand it, is that the frame work should change to fit the ritual and then be cast into the Void. You should have whatever view of Spirits is necessary for you to accomplish the Work and then chuck that belief out the window.
I'd argue that if one is a pragmatist, as i believe chaos magic calls one to be, one ought to evaluate systems/truth claims in light of their efficacy. I think it follows that if one grants that "traditional" systems which see spirits as predating interaction with humans have more robust experience of their spirits than those which posit the ontological equality of spirits the human invention of which is a matter of historical records, that has philosophical and practical consequences. Is that clearly put? I'm not in my best mind.
>>
>>19254553

Mu. I do not abide the flawed concept of 'attainment' as it is just another delusion of meatlings playing dressup -- S'though putting on Daddy's suit 'n tie makes them a super serious businessman. You is what you is; Nothing more, nothing less. Assigning arbitrary value to arbitrary shit arbitrarily to experience arbitrary states is pants-on-head retarded (literal definition of retarded, mind you).
>>
>>19254663
you could have just answered "no, i have not attained, as im too busy masturbating on a sigil to summon superman to bother with spiritual refinement".
>>
File: jesus_superman[1].gif (155KB, 448x629px) Image search: [Google]
jesus_superman[1].gif
155KB, 448x629px
>>19254603
>more ontological validity

I'll freely admit I'm pretty up in the air about the entire concept of ontological validity in Occultism generally. I'm not really sure there is an "Objective" answer except what the individual finds to be Living Truth.

>spirits as predating interaction with humans

In principle I agree with you, but for summoning particularly the issue of Spiritual Hierarchy needs to be carefully considered. Viewing Superman as a "lower" figure because of his status as a human invention may limit your experience when doing a proper summoning (or it could very well strengthen it if you know how to work with the "pre human spirits" in a way that gives you spiritual authority. See Chumbley and his work with the "Gods of Clay")

Summoning Superman actually could be cool in light of the underlying philosophy behind his archetype and the fact that he has an interesting "True Name" (Kal-El)

> S'though putting on Daddy's suit 'n tie makes them a super serious businessman

look the part, play the part, motherfucker
>>
>>19254706
>I'll freely admit I'm pretty up in the air about the entire concept of ontological validity in Occultism generally. I'm not really sure there is an "Objective" answer except what the individual finds to be Living Truth.
fair, thanks for answering, I wish I had a better knowledge of the bell curve of summoning experiences
>Kal-El
The lightness of god? If anything that's an argument against his spiritual substantiality ;)
>>
>>19254742
the joke is that it's a bad joke you see
>>
>>19254416

I'm liking what I'm reading in the Principa Discordia, but when I look at sites like Disinfo, all I see are a bunch of burnt-out old hippies who just want a more low-rent Rolling Stone magazine. I feel like Discordianism, at least from what little I've witnessed so far, is kind of stagnant, that they're still lost in their romance of the 21st century.
>>
File: 12x18_Eris-600x480[1].jpg (60KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
12x18_Eris-600x480[1].jpg
60KB, 600x480px
>>19254827
>Disinfo
I fucking despise everyone involved with that on a personal level.
>Discordianism
>lost in their romance of the 21st century

Correct,
Hail Eris!
>>
>>19254868

>I fucking despise everyone involved with that on a personal level.

Eh, as a /co/cksucker I'll always like Grant Morrison, but I don't think he counts outside of writing literally one essay for them and speaking at a con.

>Correct

See, maybe it's because I'm new to all of this, but the 20th century to me was a century of order, of systems rising and falling and exerting their will, culminating in the rise of the New World Order and the End of History in the 1990's. So to me, I see the 21st century as some sort of era of Eris, because as early as September of 2001, the final culmination and perfection of the 20th century was undone in roughly two hours. And in the 15 years since, especially with last year, the entire world has more or less slowly, steadily become unglued.
>>
File: HP-WaiteSmith.jpg (985KB, 1295x2108px) Image search: [Google]
HP-WaiteSmith.jpg
985KB, 1295x2108px
>>19254193
>>19252860
I do have some of Chumbley's stuff in pdf form, but I don't know how much it would really click with me. I'd love to explore the traditional craft seen in books written by Gemma Gary, Nigel Jackson, Michael Howard, and others of their ilk.

>>19254391
To me, a priestess is someone others look up to and ask for advice, an intercessor of divine knowledge. I don't care too much about the role of priestess as a station of authority, I don't care about being anyone's boss. I just wanna have my feet on the ground and my head among the stars.
>>
>>19254911

You're confusing Decay with Chaos. Decay occurs when there is no room left for Growth, so that new Growth may take place upon the rotting remnants of what was. Growth and Decay are aspects of Order. Being aspects of Order, they are not aspects of Eris.
>>
>>19254925
Have you read any of Daniel Schulke's stuff? I've noticed that people who like traditional Craft and don't really fuck with Chumbley tend to like his stuff a lot.

>>19254911
>911

Man is a rope, tied between beast and overman--a rope over an abyss... What is great in man is that he is a bridge and not an end: what can be loved in man is that he is an overture and a going under...

I say unto you: one must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star. I say unto you: you still have chaos in yourselves.
Alas, the time is coming when man will no longer give birth to a star. Alas, the time of the most despicable man is coming, he that is no longer able to despise himself. Behold, I show you the last man.
>>
I'm currently working on the A.'. A.'. entrance exam, and one question in particular has me stumped. Would it be frowned upon to ask for help?
>>
>>19255010
Schulke is cool. I love plant-lore, and I'd like to start working with entheogens, as long as I can be sure I won't kill myself with 'em.
>>
>>19255253
My brain chemistry already makes me wanna kill myself but on psychedelics I feel great. The scary folks are those whose brain chemistry makes them want to kill others.
>>
>>19255121

Yes. The only one you're cheating by cheating is yourself. If you're not suitable for A.'.A'.' on your own merits, 'gaming' your way in will accomplish exactly nothing but build a castle on sand. If your foundation is crap accept the failure, and make it not crap. If it isn't crap, you'll get in and it's a moot point.
>>
File: LODx0he.jpg (2MB, 2368x3200px) Image search: [Google]
LODx0he.jpg
2MB, 2368x3200px
Anyone willing to help me stop a wedding?
>>
I want to make something for my Goddess but I'm not skilled yet and I'm worried she won't like it, so I'm working hard to get better at my art.

>>19255774
The following magical ritual has never failed:

Walk in loudly way before the "if any has any reason these two should not be wed" bit, then apologize and walk back out. "Accidentally" interrupt the wedding at least once more before the big moment. Finally, at the right time, throw the door open, shout, "I have a reason!" and declare your undying love for the minister, saying "I can't forget about you after that night of magic on the beach."

The wedding will be postponed. This will give you time to get gay marriage legalized globally, thus apparently making marriages between men and women pointless.
>>
>>19255900
As much as I am amused by your suggesting. I can not attend. I have a extremely strong feeling the groom will not treat the wife well, despite her infatuation with him.
>>
>>19255938
Well, if you've got the stones and the chops, the PGM has some scary shit in there. Or you could try a Nithing Pole.

Just know if concern for her well-being isn't the real reason and you have ulterior motives, fuck you.
>>
>>19255938
You could try a very old timey style of magick, wherein you corner the groom alone beforehand and inform him that if he hurts the bride they'll be finding pieces of him across the (insert country/nation here) for the next fifty years. Make sure to have a blessed dagger and/or holy broken glass bottle for the fullest effect.
>>
Would worshiping a trickster deity primarily (or even solely), automatically mean that one is walking the Left Hand Path? In fact, are tricksters even compatible with either path? Is there some third way?
>>
>>19255971
She is a friend and moved with him to another state. I honestly feel she is making a mistake. I do have feelings for her, but I recognize she deserves someone better than me.

My mom was murdered and im currently a witness in a trial against the guy who did it. Im a mental mess. The groom is a bro dude acquaintance from highschool who works a low level job at home depot in another state. He does not treat her that well and it bothers me.
>>
so we all know that kybalion and IIH are garbage, what should be recommended instead on the topic of hermeticism?
>>
>>19256093
Seconding this question. The library has plenty of material on the subject, but it would be good to know what to read first / what to avoid.
>>
>>19256093
>>19256317
Depends on what, exactly, you want.

The core of Hermetics is Corpus Hermeticum. Truly practical modern application is rather hard to come by, and in terms of the historical practices (i.e. Theurgy, etc.) you may wanna go back to the Neoplatonists; Iamblichus, et. al.

This is probably a very controversial statement but I think David Myatt (aka the cripple beating child bombing Anton Long of O9A fame, now reformed into his idiosyncratic "pathei mathos") did GOOD work on the Greek source texts and I think it's a shame he never did a full commentary/translation.

Mead and Westcott did passable translations that contributed to the Golden Dawn.
>>
>>19256348
>pathei mathos

https://davidmyatt.wordpress.com/towards-understanding-the-acausal/

somebody should make a movie about this dude's life someday
>>
>>19256348
Hey, Ape. I don't know if this is the kind of thing you'd be able to answer, or want to even if you can, but I respect you, and I'd like to ask.

I've been sincerely following Eris and growing closer to her for the past year or so. I've done a little magic in that time but mostly it's just been prayers, reading and learning (both Discordian works and more serious works about her and about the concept of chaos), and growing closer to her. During this time, I've become a bit better at seeing the ways in which seriousness and humor are not always opposites, the ways in which we impose patterns on things that are far too complex, our constant struggle to understand things that are just unknowable (the weather beyond a few days in advance, for instance), and so on.

But I still can't see myself differently. Intellectually, I understand that the "self" is in one sense illusory and in another sense, just far more complex, varied, and ephemeral than it seems. But inside I feel like I do have a self, and that self is shit. I get that we can laugh at serious things, and take humor seriously (just ask any comedian who's spent days rewording the same joke to get it perfect), but damn if I don't feel like a joke much of the time. I don't know why Eris bothers with me. Hell, I don't know why anybody does.

I've seen a therapist. Believe it or not, I'm way healthier and happier than I was at one point. But I want to get past this limiting notion of self and stop feeling terrible and worthless every time I do anything remotely imperfect, feeling the slightest embarrassment as utterly devastating shame, and generally hating myself.

Like I said, I'm way happier than I was a year ago, but I'm still not what I'd call happy or even okay.

Is there magic for healing, for becoming okay, or realizing I am okay, or something?
>>
>>19256392
>the ways in which seriousness and humor are not always opposites
Trolling is srs bsns, fren.

>But inside I feel like I do have a self, and that self is shit.
Sounds like you need a big fat shot of Dharma.
So when we say that "self" is an illusion, or at least me, I'm NOT asserting like a weak monism or an obliteration of ego in MOST normative senses of the word. Permanent Samadhi is hard. Stream entry is hard. They're serious aspirations but a LOT of new agers piss and moan about "muh ego".

Ego is a tool like any other. It needs leashed. Without an ego the master of a sangha cannot interact with their students. Period. They can't pass on their revelations or transmit their lineage. This is where the process of un-shitting yourself comes in.

>damn if I don't feel like a joke much of the time
You ARE a joke.
Be a GOOD one.

I mean, do you think I'm immune to feels? Do you think I feel like an Adept when I'm standing in the hot fucking rain waiting for some lazy professor to unlock a door the admins keep forgetting to issue me a key for? But those things aren't the Point, they're the Field. We all have to put in our time chopping wood and carrying water, before, during, and after Attainment. And at that point it becomes a matter of grace, poise, and comedic timing.

>realizing I am okay
You're fine mate.
Hit moar yoga.

I don't even really like Camus but pic related has been my operating life philosophy for like two years.
>>
>>19256446
Weirdly, this post helped a lot in itself.

>Trolling is srs bsns, fren.
It's a art.

>big fat shot of Dharma.
Make it a double.

>Hit moar yoga.
Beyond basic mindfulness exercises/breathing meditation (which I've been doing, and which help when anxiety starts to get bad), any suggestions?
>>
>>19256476
Start working on Dharana.

Begin with static images in detail (shapes, etc.) moving on to active objects (flames, gears, w/e).
>>
>>19252697
Here are 5 types of magics (in no particular order)
Give me alchemy
Give me wizardry
Give me sorcery
Thermatology, electricity
>>
>>19256484
Cool, thanks. Nothing in the library about it? Or is it literally just what I'm already doing, plus visualization and focus?
>>
>>19256518
>Or is it literally just what I'm already doing, plus visualization and focus?
I mean it's all in the three basic yoga manuals (Hatha, Raja, Shiva Samhita) but at the end of the day, yes, it's the next step after breath and posture. Once you can get a moving image lodged in your head with no concentration breaks for like, I dunno, a minute, then you start honing your contemplative devotional techniques, use of Godforms, etc., which has more direct "instruction" in the old manuals and tantras.

Golden Dawn would start you on a redacted form of the tattvas (25 of 'em, conceptualized as shapes in shapes ((triangle in square, square in circle, crescent in triangle, etc.)) for static images.
>>
Oh wow lots more emails than I expected, gonna have to parse.

For those that have been with us and asking about the Quarter guardians, email sent.
>>
>>19255740
You're right. Thanks for telling me what I needed to hear.
>>
>>19256628
Caught up, a bit, I should address the Senator's points more directly (re: astral lodges) in the next 24 hrs, as well as cover general expectations if one intends to hook into the current later this year.
>>
>>19256683
what exactly do you mean by hooking into the current
>>
>>19255938
No magic wand can slay a man like a blade can.
>>
File: Serpent Braided Heart.jpg (1MB, 2198x3117px) Image search: [Google]
Serpent Braided Heart.jpg
1MB, 2198x3117px
>>19256705
Entry to the Crook'd Path by the rite of the Sacred Marriage Bed twixt Man and Serpent.
>>
File: 93[1].jpg (161KB, 640x985px) Image search: [Google]
93[1].jpg
161KB, 640x985px
>>19256628
>email sent

you sure? No rush or anything

here's an article about alchemy that I both love and hate:
https://www.scribd.com/document/39563960/Hermesian-Poetics-Part-4-of-Alchemy-and-the-Imagination

I'm beginning to think that Jung may actually have been both limiting and limited in his understanding of Alchemy despite how beautiful a lot of his work is.
>>
>>19256530
You can even buy Tattwa cards online if you need a bright colorful representation to assist with visualizing.
>>
>>19256802
It's only limiting if you view alchemy as "one thing" or "another". Remember this: the work of alchemy has ALWAYS been split between the inner and outer laboratories. You can't accomplish one without the other. Jung's work just focused on the inner alchemy which is more often than not totally lost in allegory. Especially considering most seekers of modern time don't/can't have historical context to grasp a lot of the hidden meanings. People tend to pidgeonhole alchemy as either a gnostic like system for self improvement or as a methodical schema to accelerate nature (lead to gold, bending matter to will, etc). It is both, and neither aspect limit each other.
>>
File: 3094433-erisdiscord.jpg (9KB, 273x273px) Image search: [Google]
3094433-erisdiscord.jpg
9KB, 273x273px
There's a Discordian text (I can't remember which) that encourages Discordians to basically do the following:

>pick an organization that charges money to join and has secret magical rituals
>find one of their more advanced secret rituals online and perform it, replacing any symbols you don't like with ones that have similar meaning in your own lexicon
>send the organization a letter letting them know about what you've done, and about your resounding success (whether you had it or not)
>explain to them that, because their material is online, and because it works for anybody, you won't be needing to join them

First of all, this is fucking hilarious. Second, first reply with an extant group that has contact details online picks.
>>
>>19257731
Hehehe yes I remember reading that somewhere.
>>
I have been watching a Poke Runyon Goetia series on yt, and I know he's a clever guy, innovative, intelligent, talented, and the like...but wo things I've noticed are: he mention's Crowley's early struggles With Goetic evocation, but then goes on to talk about it like Crowley never had any success using a censer in the triangle, or any success in Lemegeton workings at *all,*l which is odd...and then he seems to imply that he was the first one since Solomon to successfully work the system ("...before I opened the brass vessel and released the genii into the world again..."). Can anyone who knows more about this guy tell me anything? Thanks!
>>
>>19257883
>Can anyone who knows more about this guy tell me anything? Thanks!

He has one single worthwhile contribution
>>
>>19257883
>Can anyone who knows more about this guy tell me anything?

The Pokester is more showman than adept. Some like his techniques, but take his claims with a grain of salt.
>>
>>19257890
>>19257891
Thanks. I take EVERYTHING with a grain of salt these days. The proof of the pudding is in the eating!
>>
If we are to assume that the story of King Solomon were literally true as written, what grade would he be considered to have attained? And would he be considered a Black Brother, in the end?
>>
>Most Discordians will refer to the story known as the 'Original Snub' which explains a little bit about Eris. In this story, the Olympians assembled at a feast on Mount Olympus (called Limbo Peak by Discordians). They decide not to invite Eris due to Her reputation for causing chaos and strife. When Eris finds this out, She decides to get even with the Olympians by making a golden apple and carving the word 'kallisti' (to the prettiest) on its side. She sneaks up to the banquet hall and rolls the apple inside. Once the Olympians see this, they immediately set to fighting each other over who deserves the apple. From this point in the story, the various accounts diverge. Discordians take solace in this story whenever they themselves are snubbed. They also use it as an example of active defiance in the face of unwarranted exclusion. The story begs the question 'if Eris was so bad, how come it was the rest of the Olympians who caused the commotion?' Eris can be seen, in this light, as the one who makes you realize the inherent capacity for strife you already have. The 'Original Snub' is said to be the foundation myth of Discordianism, if such a thing could be said.

>Another approach to that myth is to see the apple as the world and all it has to offer. To whom would Eris say it belonged? Kallisti. . . the prettiest one. And who is the prettiest one? We all are. If only we could realize it.
>>
The Sefer Yetzirah talks about polarizing the Sefirot so as to get them in a state of tension for creation...It attributes Keter and Tifaret to the Pillar of Severity and Malkuth and Jesod to the Pillar of Mercy...so my question is, what is the correct attribution for Daath, in this arrangement? Didn't see anything in 777.
>>
>>19258077
>Daath

Da'ath doesn't exist.
>>
Any thoughts or opinions on Quareia (https://www.quareia.com)?
It looks like a potentially good source of info for self study, but I'm just curious if anyone has any insights on it.
It seems like there is always something fucky about courses like this -- but maybe not.
>>
>>19258154
>It seems like there is always something fucky about courses like this -- but maybe not.

It's a trust issue and probably justified.
>>
>>19258153
Yes, I have read a couple books on Qabalah, as well! It's included in the Middle Pillar Ritual, I don't see why it wouldn't be a part of other Sefira rituals.
>>
>>19258186
>I don't see why it wouldn't be a part of other Sefira rituals.

Because it's a false sephira?
>>
>>19258192
Why is it part of the Middle Pillar Ritual?
>>
>>19258199

Why indeed? And what of Severity and Mercy and the idea of balance, whether static or dynamic?
>>
>>19258206
What of it?
>>
>>19258211

I would exclude Da'ath from any such ritual, but that's because I'm more into the magic than the psych.
>>
>As you get into the bath, chant: Asperges me
lel
>>
>>19257913
>If we are to assume that the story of King Solomon were literally true as written, what grade would he be considered to have attained? And would he be considered a Black Brother, in the end?

Grade in what system? A.'.A.'. or GD or what?
>>
>>19258259
A.'.A.'. is my standard reference point if we are to take it to be the universal and eternal brotherhood that has gone by many names thru many incarnations, and such.
>>
>>19258280
Magus
>>
>>19258308
Oh? What grade would you say he reached in the GD system, then?
>>
>>19257731
wow it's almost as if discordians are retarded or something. color me shocked.
>>
File: pd-curse_of_greyface.jpg (134KB, 640x643px) Image search: [Google]
pd-curse_of_greyface.jpg
134KB, 640x643px
>>19258661
>~t. greyface
>>
>>19258665
>ape defending discordian fucktards
now ive seen everything.
>>
>>19258677
Hail Eris, baby!
>>
File: wizard and crystal ball.jpg (25KB, 317x398px) Image search: [Google]
wizard and crystal ball.jpg
25KB, 317x398px
>>19252700
I just think it's cool, m8.
>>19254453
It really depends on what your view is on egregores, I think.
>>
Discordianism/Chaos Magick/shit like that are postmodernist, and postmodernism is pure autism, ergo, whoever practices that stuff is autistic asf senpai.
>>
>>19258724
You would probably be surprised to find out who actually is Discordian or a Chaos magician, or even people who don't identify as "Chaotes" but their practice falls within the parameters of the definition of "Chaos Magick."
>>
>>19258724
>>
Look at the lil /lit/ bb's trying to into occult:

>>>/lit/9719075

You should blow their minds, Ape.
>>
I wanted to read something from the Library, but didn't know what. To let my Goddess decide for me, I counted the number of folders in Ape's library (minus the updates folder), used random.org to generate a number. I got the folder "Christopher Hyatt" and opened it, intending to count the items therein and read whatever was selected.

But there was only one book, entitled "Undoing Yourself with Energized Meditation and Other Devices."

I've only read the beginning, but the "do it every day" rule, at least, the way it was presented here, blew me away. Not the bit about building good habits, but the part about building bad ones. I can heal just by trying to do better today, to "fail to perpetuate" my self-loathing. I don't have to find some secret to being happy "from now on." I just have to try to be happy and healthy today, each day, and I'll get worse at being miserable and better at being happy and healthy.

I feel like a huge burden has been lifted off me, and while it will still be work, I now know the way forward.

Hail Eris!
>>
>>19258729
Bet you 5 bucks that I wouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>19258774
Oh? Well if you practice syncretism you're pretty much doing a form of Chaos magick. Ape is more or less a Chaote, too.
>>
>>19258777
You're doing it wrong if you don't pick one order, join up, and suck its leader's dick until the day one of you dies.
>>
>>19258777
>777
>more or less
For the bajillionth time I'm a XAOC-BABALON practitioner.
Always have been.
Never asserted otherwise.
Was advocating it in OTO local bodies long before I made IRL contact with The Satyr.
>>
>>19258788
>XAOC-BABALON
What did he maymay by this?
>>
>>19258790
Nah, but Grant Morrison made a hypersigil to become the most highly regarded currently active comic book writer and the chief editor of Heavy Metal magazine. Die Antwoord does chaos magic.

Also, chaos magic is modernist. postmodern magic is basically post chaos magic.
>>
>>19258804
>Grant Morrison
Literally who?
>Die Antwoord
I guess chaos magic can't make you a better musician.
>>
File: babylon.jpg (50KB, 309x450px) Image search: [Google]
babylon.jpg
50KB, 309x450px
>>19258796
The Harlot and her Beast cannot be decoupled.
>>
>>19258828
Well excuse the balls offa me. I didn't know that was considered outright Chaos Magick. Really though, in all the time I have spent in these threads, I have only seen you say it one other time, and it was in the past week. Not saying you *haven't* said it before, just that I must have missed it.
>>
>>19258828
Sounds kinky.
>>
>>19258804
>the most highly regarded currently active comic book writer
Nobody under 40 years old and 300 pounds still reads comic books, so this is the definition of "big fish in a small pond."
>>
>>19258804
Not sure if you know what you're talking about. Chaos magic definitely fits in with postmodernism. The whole "sketicism toward meta-narratives" is one pretty obvious example.

I would consider GD and Thelema and Theosophy to be more representative of modernist magical movements.

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with postmodernism. I swear, most fucks on 4chan just decided pomo was evil because Peterson said so on youtube.
>>
>>19258853
>there's nothing wrong with postmodernism
Chomsky and a whole lot of other people would like to have a word with you.
>>
File: 1499342657780.jpg (43KB, 330x430px) Image search: [Google]
1499342657780.jpg
43KB, 330x430px
>>19258853
>mfw that AMA last week where dude condescended to EVERYONE but listed his expertise as an engineering undergrad plus Watts and Peterson youtube vids
>>
File: 1436471852313.png (31KB, 852x674px) Image search: [Google]
1436471852313.png
31KB, 852x674px
>>19258854
>Chomsky
Chomsky is wrong at a fractal fucking level.

*sniffs, wipes beard, tugs shirt*
>>
>>19258863
Chomsky is wrong in his critique of postmodernism? By all means, present your counterarguments.
Zizek is a sniffling fucktard.
>>
>>19258871
>"It hurt muh feels" ~t. Chomsky
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K--kQAmbV1w
>>
>>19258884
>t. guy who probably never heard Chomsky's arguments
nice memeing you got there
>>
>>19258884
I think Chomsky is (mostly) wrong about postmodernism, but fuck if I don't like him way more than Zizek in general.
>>
>>19258892
What is Chomsky's argument? He finds it esoteric and impenetrable? Plebs make the same claim about every text in the history of philosophy. Also, I would hope that occultists/esotericists are able to look past that and/or even see the value in that.
>>
>>19258904
>what's his argument? is it this thing i just pulled out of my ass?
no, it's not that.
>>
>>19258909
Not an argument.

Anyway, IIRC, I'm pretty sure that's his exact claim in the interview where he calls Lacan a charlatan. "I don't understand it and the use too many fancy words so it must be bullshit".
>>
>>19258892
If you're referring to the most commonly posted vid, it's the deconstruction of a strawman.

It's hilarious to me that for two decades he made his bones as a critic of imperialism but as soon as it comes knocking on HIS door he jumps ship to the Sokal train.

He says if the third world wants to have intellectual movements they can't be from the perspective of racism and other over-meme'd phrases or people won't participate because HE doesn't like the critique and wouldn't participate in any movement that leveraged that angle (as if he'd have any possible necessary reason for even doing so at this point). This more or less utterly ignores "nativist" intellectual movements of which there are dozens that couldn't give a shit about the rejection or embrace of postmodernism because that's not the epistemological root of their project to begin with.

It's really telling that the dude thinks he can just handwave, for example, Eco's Ur-Fascism or Foucault's reduction of Nietzsche to a struggle with linguistics without actually having to address any of the hisotricity or even the content of said analyses.
>>
File: ed.jpg (40KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
ed.jpg
40KB, 620x413px
>>19258923
Hey, Gnomefag, where'dj'ya go?

Is this sufficient evidence of my familiarity with the critique?

It's been fifteen minutes, I wouldn't think that a defense of my critique of NC's assertions would take that long to type up.
>>
>>19258923
But he's right Ape, brown people ruined leftism just like his white people ruined nationalism. Subaltern studies and Third Worldism are both garbage tier compared to other avenues of leftist thought, and intersectionality is just a dumb reductionist meme
>>
>>19259006
>Implying nationalism ever had any inherent value
Patriotism, fine. Nationalism? By definition, go fuck yourself.
>>
File: full-posadism-now-6327681.png (95KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
full-posadism-now-6327681.png
95KB, 500x522px
>>19259006
Being brown, how did I ruin leftism?

By believing in saucers or by being a Trot?
>>
>>19258983
You didn't talk about postmodernism at all you cuck.
>>
>>19259017
You don't aren't a thought leader in leftist circles like the feminist meme team. Look at how you're reduced to indulging yourself in goofy ideologies, there's no real leftism alive anymore
>>19259011
The Spirit of Nationhood could have been the greatest avenue of human advancement ever if it didn't get cucked by corporate interests, just like how feminism got cucked, just like how "Intersectional feminism" is the greatest meme to divide the poor that our overlords ever devised. Face it cucks, we have no past or future
>>
>>19259041
>>/pol/
You have to go back.
>>
>>19259041
>have no past or future
That's the spirit.
>>
>>19259049
argument not detected
>>
Forgive me for the common question, but what is the easiest thelemic ritual perform? Thelemic philosophy synthesizes elements of eastern mysticism and western kabbalah/esoterism into a philosophy I can accept wholeheartedly, however I can't believe in ritual magic until I experiment with it myself.
>>
>>19259085
Hi, you may have been confused by the title of this thread but actually this thread is for shitposting and memes. It's a common mistake for people who are new here
>>
>>19259085
>easiest thelemic ritual perform
Liber 25 the Star Ruby.
That or Resh.

>>19259094
>~t. [triggered]
>>
>>19259061
>our overlords ever devised. Face it cucks, we have no past or future
Reason/grounding in facts not detected.
>>
>>19259099
Is there anything with a more tangible effect? Remember, this is an experiment for proof.
>>
Hi guys, sorry if I'm barging in like an idiot but I have an urgent question and I would appreciate help.

Essentially, a friend who is sharing a place with two people - one from Malaysia and the other from Taiwan - has walked into the shared dining area to find two 5au(ep4ns lying on the floor (forgive the obfuscation).

As far as my friend is aware these girls aren't into spiritualistic stuff but this seems like ritual and she is worried.

So far one has denied doing it. Awaiting response from the other but either way I'd really like external sources to help explain this. Hard to prove a negative, but if it is ritual I'd like to know.
>>
>>19259131

Magic is not like Hollywood and popular media portrays. The goal is transformation of the self, not slinging fireballs on camera so you can be Johnny Bigshot. Either do the work and judge the results for yourself, or don't. "Proving it" is a waste of time as people already have their minds made up long before you do anything, and even if you did, little special snowflakes will go through mental gymnastics to deny it even if you float in the air and piss literal gold on to their face. Get humble, because you are not "The Destined One" who is totally an exception.
>>
>>19259131
>>19259182
This. you're probably not going to get potent results when you first start anyway. It would be like expecting to go play for the Yankees when you've never picked up a baseball, bat, or mitt before. However, like baseball, some people *do* seem to have a sort of natural talent, which nonetheless needs to be honed through constant exercising.
>>
>>19259131
>Remember, this is an experiment for proof.

That's the (lack of) spirit!
>>
>>19259165
>5au(ep4ns
Saulepans?....Saucepans! Saucepans are definitely spiritualistic and used in satanic ritual. These girls are definitely satanic.

Either that or you're a dumb faggot. Pick your poison...and then drink it. Out of a saucepan.
>>
>>19259284
Stainless steel if you're doing something with blood
>>
>>19254307
You're this guy right? >>19254193

I like you.
>>
>>19259165
>5au(ep4ns
Holy shit, not the ((( saucepans )))??
>>
>>19259284
Come on, mate, don't be rude. Just exploring possibilities.

The fact that they're saucepans specifically probably isn't significant. It might be the fact that they're metal, or containers, or related to food.
>>
>>19259302
I am that guy, indeed! I probably like you too! Maybe not though. We shall see...
>>
to recap, this thread is full of:
>"postmodernists" that don't know what postmodernism is
>"chaos" "magicians" that masturbate on sigils to summon waifus
>"chaos" "magicians" that are so indecisive that they try to blend together things that end up making zero sense (like the postmodernists they are)
>discordians whose system consists entirely of unironic ironic shitposting
>thelemites that are obsessed with trying to decipher the "esoteric secrets" that are buried beneath a mountain of poorly written poetry by a madman, only to find that those secrets are generic and nothing new
>OTO niggers that get enlightenment for gay anal sex
>TOTO niggers that are worse than the OTO niggers
>meme kabbalists that think duquette is the bees knees
>theosophists that couldnt explain the indic concepts (that theosophy jacked) well enough to save their lives
>cultus sabbati niggers that pretend that their reconstructionist witchcraft is better than that of the wiccans
>wiccans that have faggy rituals in the forest thinking that it's what pagans did 2000+ years ago
>neo pagans that are just naziboos in disguise
>naziboos that think rune magic is a real concept
>people that think that finding saucepans on the floor might be related to rituals
did i miss anything?
>>
File: b294f24b5fdf82888ba2ae37baa632c8.jpg (156KB, 736x1010px) Image search: [Google]
b294f24b5fdf82888ba2ae37baa632c8.jpg
156KB, 736x1010px
>>19259384
>did i miss anything?
Anonymous posters throwing bitchfits about content who couldn't strawman harder if they were fucking scarecrow salesmen.
>>
>>19259384
>greenmeming autists who shittalk things they don't understand to mask their insecurity in relation to their own half-baked system
>>
>>19259384

you forgot people who think calling people niggers on the internet is either funny or empowering

just a gentle reminder that we should probably keep this discussion "on topic" so captain assblast and his gang of fuckboys don't report bomb it again
>>
>>19259353
When Shaulah wasn't name-fagging, I would confuse your posts for theirs (due to content) and now it is deeply funny to me that your name's are so similar, and seemingly showed up the same day. twinsies
>>
>>19259445
that's a cool swazi though to be fair
>>
>>19259446
I usually post anonymously, but have also been known to post as AHBH, AHBH v-ACHAD and probably some other variations thereof
>>
>>19259403
>>19259405
to be fair, this thread used to be really good. but not for a long time. it's been shit for ages. im just giving it the shitpost-y trolls it deserves. yall niggas getting trolled easily, it's funny.
>>19259445
kek
>>
>>19259589
Oh, it's Le Epin Troll-splanation of "I was only *PRETENDING* to be retarded hehehe funny guise amirite? Hehehe."
>>
>>19259589
>this thread used to be really good
When exactly? I've been lurking here for like 6 years and it's had periods of greatness and periods of being totally shit
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
>>19259612
'Member when Team Illuminati!NOC0CAINE would bomb us with loli?
>>
>>19259623
Memba the cats?
>>
>>19259609
oh no i was quite serious about my list of the retards that frequent this thread. it was a bit hyperbolic but at the same time i dont give a shit.
>>19259612
ehh, maybe a few threads in the past two years. the rest have been garbage
>>
>>19259630
>formula of Xon thread
>that thread where Ebony anpus wife showed up
>the last few Satyr threads
>that thread where Ape cursed a dude
>that thread with Egyptian Goddess themed mind control Yuri in the OP

Those were all in the last two years and that's just off the top of my head
>>
File: MTECH USA MT-20-03.jpg (30KB, 425x442px) Image search: [Google]
MTECH USA MT-20-03.jpg
30KB, 425x442px
Any recommendations for a low-budget athame?

I was thinking about getting pic related, though I feel a little weird about the blade being titanium rather than iron or steel.
>>
>>19259754
How low is low?
>>
>>19259778
Like $30 or below.
>>
>>19259782
Hmm. Maybe hit up some antique stores or thrift shops or stuff like that. I've found pretty nice, super old, kinda rusty iron knives at antique shops for next to nothing. You can clean it up real well and it will be good as new. Plus if it's super old, it's imbued with gay wiccan energy, which will be perfect for a transgirl wiccan like you.
>>
>>19259754
Check amazon, they have some OK stuff. I will be getting a Templar sword from there before too long, I f I can't find a pre-owned one.
>>
and if not, consider the following
>Occultist
>2017
>*NOT* liking girldick
>>
>>19259814
Whoah, let's back up.
"I never got the trans hate ITT. Like, if you're posting in a thread about occultism and magick, you have probably been with multiple members of every gender"

and if not, consider the following
>Occultist
>2017
>*NOT* liking girldick
>>
>>19259794
>Plus if it's super old, it's imbued with gay wiccan energy, which will be perfect for a transgirl wiccan like you.
I don't know.... Would you use someone else's toothbrush?
>>
>>19259814
>>19259821
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aphroditus

Ancient Greece: Worshiping feminine penis since 600 BC.
>>
>>19259865
Comparing a dagger with a toothbrush? Bruh.

Just cleanse it like you would a crystal and/or other stuff and you'll be fine.
>>
>>19259881
This is kinda true, but it would certainly be helpful to know how old it was and what specifically it was used for. I've REALLY got my dick hard for a Mason/Templar Sword that has been used in ritual, preferably for at least a generation. Anyone know where to look?
>>
Well, heading to go make an egregore. Have a good night, all!
>>
>>19259989
enjoy the split personality/psychosis, bub.
>>
>>19260009
>thinks an egregore is a tulpa
How are you even allowed to post in this thread? Do you even know how they are created? If not, everything you need is in the mega.
>>
>>19252697
I have a few noob questions (it's hard figuring out what is genuine and what is not when searching the web for this kind of stuff, so please don't laugh):

- If i were to summon a spirit, exactly how safe would it be in general? I have read about people claiming stuff like; "If you summon Marchosias and look weak, he will rape you in the ass" to "if you summon Bael, he will turn you into a lamppost, and leave you there forever". Say i fucked up the circle, and lose the protection/deal with god, are you just virtually screwed? Or does it then come down to "your faith in god" or general willpower. My faith in god is honestly crap, or about as crap as it can get, but my willpower is something i can bet on.

- Are there actual legitimate rituals for summoning lilith/a succubus, or are all of those just sexual fantasy rituals. Not necessarily because i want to, but because that would sound the safest for first time. Also related to the next question.

- It states in the pastebin, you can offer sex. If i had a moderate to quite demanding request. Sex seems like the most reasonable thing you could offer, considering i would likely have nothing else of value to a spirit. Food sounds... weird, why would a spirit need that?
>>
>>19260073
>Food sounds... weird, why would a spirit need that?

For the same reason you'd offer sex, spirits want to experience and feel things just like anything else. Innumerable cultures have been offering food to ancestral spirits for thousands of years anon
>>
>>19260110
So you're basically telling me that i can make a deal with a spirit by offering my culinary skills?
>>
>>19260124
Sure, put some effort into it and turn it into a sacrament
>>
>>19252703
Chant booga 5 Times and you'll turn back into a man.
>>
>>19260155
Pretty sure that's the *opposite* effect of the ultimate(?) goal
>>
>>19260044
>How are you even allowed to post in this thread?
did i need to ask your permission to post?
>Do you even know how they are created?
dont know dont care
i also checked wikipedia for the lulz. at the bottom, under see more:
>Akashic records
>Faith healing
>Memetics
>Tulpa
kek
>>
>>19260044
>It's not a tulpa, it's a group tulpa, it's different!!!1
>>
>>19256802
>you sure? No rush or anything
Depends, who are you?

You waiting for my ritual notes, or the Sentaor's partner?

Otherwise the Quarter Guardian notes were sent en-mass.
>>
So what is a good book in the mega for creating egregores and servitors?
>>
>>19260349
motherfucker I am the Senate (or)

I didn't get the en masse email
>>
I read a book on enochian magick that said that Edward Kelly didn't trust the angels and didn't want to communicate with them. Is there any truth to this? Why? Enochian magick seem scary as shit.
>>
>>19260402
Weird.
Lemme try again.
>>
>>19260454
>>19260402
Oh for fuck's sake.
I see what's up.
Pardon.
>>
>>19260472
>>19260454
Should be sent, uploaded basic Dragon Notes for new repliers.

I don't want to send out group practice ideas until we're all sorta on the same page, and I'll keep adding people to the main reply chain (and NS if you're not interested just hmu, though I'll be here for Tantra)
>>
>>19260486
Got it, thanks homie
>>
File: IMG_1079.jpg (205KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1079.jpg
205KB, 1440x1080px
Can I address all the people here claiming: "Magic will make you go crazy"?

Insanity (schizophrenia) is genetically determined. Unless you can alter your dna through willpower it will not happen.

Sometimes, drug induced psychosis occurs if you experiment with stimulants or psychedelics but even then this is (usually) temporary unless you already have an organic disorder (or one in the making; it emerges in early twenties).

Anyway, it's not so bad being crazy... They make pretty effective medicine these days.
>>
>>19258854

To paraphrase one of my favorite political science writers: Noam Chomsky is the man who thinks he's found a way out of Plato's cave only to wind up leading you even deeper into a more poorly-lit said cave and telling you that it's reality.
>>
>>19260825
Oh look another postmodernist.
>>
>>19260835

See I feel like "is Moldbug a postmodernist" would be better suited for /lit/. Though now that we're talking about philosophers again, I'm curious if Nick Land has any experience with occultism. I know he's quite the fan of Bataille, so it's certainly possible.
>>
>>19260847
>I'm curious if Nick Land has any experience with occultism
Yes, he has an essay on practical gematria in the journal Collapse from before his bath-salts implosion that's just fucking STELLAR.
>>
File: xno9042cdyyx.png (167KB, 631x631px) Image search: [Google]
xno9042cdyyx.png
167KB, 631x631px
>>19260847
>Nick land
>>
>>19260867
I agree with the sentiment but also if he wrote any halfway coherent occult shit I want to corrupt it for my own lefty ass just to spite him.
>>
>>19252697

Guys i practiced the occult on my computer and how youtube is all shited up help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMYZtzRfTM
>>
>>19260877
http://files.eshkolot.ru/C1_Nick_Land.pdf
>>
>>19260877
Pick up Fanged Noumena.
>>
>>19260897
At that point why not just eat a handful of grey market speed and get a copy of Cyclonopedia?
>>
File: Cyclonopedia.png (212KB, 695x569px) Image search: [Google]
Cyclonopedia.png
212KB, 695x569px
>>19260912
>At that point why not just eat a handful of grey market speed and get a copy of Cyclonopedia?
>>
>>19260933
>93
>33
Stop, you're giving me flashbacks. My spine is releasing all the LSD and it feels like kundalini D:
>>
>>19260995
Mine too; I only just now realized Cyclonopedia is a treatise on Hyperstition theory which I've actually worked with before.

http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/14700309/#14702382
http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/14700309/#14702431
http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/14700309/#14702482
>>
Last night, as I was falling asleep, I tried to keep my focus on my Goddess in hopes that I would dream of her, and she would tell me what to do next to progress. As I did, I was filled with joy, and several times was awoken from the cusp of sleep by the sound of myself laughing aloud.

Today, I woke up, remembering a dream that had nothing explicitly to do with conversing with any deities. But in a number of ways, today has been the best day I've had in years.

The fuck happened?
>>
File: 1493512134509.jpg (58KB, 640x625px) Image search: [Google]
1493512134509.jpg
58KB, 640x625px
>>19252703
Try to make a ritual with candles and dead animals (or animals that live near death, like rats)
>>
File: Untitled.png (161KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
161KB, 1366x768px
I think I'm gonna like this book. :0
>>
>>19261052
Yup. Yup. I worked with it back in my pomo lovecraftian discordian epic tragic chaote phase. Right now I am trying to learn the hermetic and kaballistic and neoplatonic roots of things. Once I master this, I will try to get involved with your CS groups next year.
>>
So I'm going through the library, and it appears that Crowley's Book IV is incomplete, it's missing Part 3. Does anyone have it?
>>
>>19261247

It's in there, It's (Book 4 Part 3) "Magick In Theory and Practice".
>>
>>19261271

Oh, thanks!
>>
File: 1407023440045.jpg (89KB, 420x552px) Image search: [Google]
1407023440045.jpg
89KB, 420x552px
>>19261247
https://www.sendspace.com/file/2oyatb
>>
>>19261242
I just put in a few hundred pages on Cyclonopedia again and I should really stick it on my CS bibliography.
>>
>>19261312
Have you read Collapse? I'm always tempted to purchase the back issues off Urbanomic. I already have the CCRU collected writings...
>>
Can I enter into Liber DXXXVI dry?
>>
File: 1460287382492.jpg (11KB, 318x325px) Image search: [Google]
1460287382492.jpg
11KB, 318x325px
>>19260807
>claims magic can do all this seemingly impossible shit
>oh, but it can't drive you to madness, well, maybe you were going crazy anyway lmao
>>
>Taliesin McKnight is starting a series on Enochian
great
>>
File: pentatrap.png (6KB, 326x304px) Image search: [Google]
pentatrap.png
6KB, 326x304px
>>19252829
normies do
>>
This place is no /fringe/, but hopefully there's at least something going on.
>>
>>19262001
is it any good?
>>
>>19260807
>alter your dna through willpower

But you can.
>>
>>19262138
I think he's one of the best when it comes to youtube content. No flashy bullshit, no edgy roleplaying, just genuine and often in-depth information about different topics. And the guy knows obviously knows his stuff.
audio-visual quality of his vids is shit compared to the norm and he sometimes comes of as a little awkward person, but that's only the initial impression in my experience. Give it a try anon, I think it's worth it.
>>
Favourite biblical apocrypha?
I've been reading about the gospel of judas and thomas and I'm beginning to wonder whether there has been any other sources of esoteric knowledge and truth related to abrahamic religions?
>>
>>19260439
>I read a book on enochian magick that said that Edward Kelly didn't trust the angels and didn't want to communicate with them.

Both true.

>Why?

Because he feared, from past experience, that the 'angels' were in fact demonic.

>Enochian magick seem scary as shit.

Done right, yes, it is.

>>19262159

But does he know shit about Enochian? Much, perhaps most, of what's out there is useless or worse.
>>
>>19262400
he specifically adressed that issue
I beliueve he's tring to do his best to cover the topic while avoiding misinformation, but if you feel confident finding better sources then hell, what do you need him for. all in all i think it's still worth a shot
also sorry for shit formatinh byt imin a real hurry, have a good one
>>
>>19260807
I have tried making this point a couple times before, as well, about predispositions and all that good stuff. The only people hearing it know anyway, I believe, and the rest seem to ignore it most of the time.
>>
>>19260318
Nope, try again!
>>
>>19261535
Depends on how you define 'dry.' You tell me:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/oto/lib536.htm
>>
What would be a good place to continue penetrating the mysteries of NOX? I have already read some of Crowley's letters to students about it, wondering where else? Thanks.
>>
Guys, I have been having a VERY oddly high number of incidents of deja vu lately. like, maybe a baker's dozen in the past month and a half-two months. A few I have been able to link beyond all doubt to dreams I had previously had (this is one of the myriad reasons we should record our dreams, folks!). The Ones I haven't definitively linked to previous dream, they certainly seemed...just as real as the others, as far as having experienced the exact same situation in the exact same way in the exact same context is concerned. Has anyone else had an uptick in occurrences of deja vu or any related phenomena, lately?

PS reCAPTCHA made me "try again" *five* times.
>>
>>19262768
Yesterday was synchronicity central.
See my rediscovery of Cyclonopedia.
Cyclonopedia mentions one of my very obscure mottos on a page number with a Kabbalistic code I've spent a lot of time on, and also cites a movie I like quite a bit.

Meanwhile my IRL friends are trying to view the Hobby Lobby antiquities controversy through the lens of Cyclonopedia totally outside of the trajectory of the thread.

That doesn't even get into my other IRL things happening.

Like I said a few threads ago: "There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?"

>>19262522
OTO initiations.
Liber Aleph.
Passing through Tuat.
>>
>>19262782
There definitely have been a lot of uncanny occurrences lately. I also noticed that my rituals seem to be more generally potent lately, and I am inclined to attribute it to whatever is going on. Can't wait to see what happens with my lunar rite!
>>
>>19262782
>Yesterday was synchronicity central.

The more you play, the more you see

Ultimate chess game
>>
>>19262782
>synchronicity central
I've noticed that as much. So far it's all been good, though.
>>
>>19262782
There is one deity whom I worship, focus most of my time and attention on, and generally view as a manifestation of the One, underlying reality, whatever.

But what do I do if that deity's generally accepted attributes, and perceived tendencies, do not match up to a thing I need to do (like if I worship some kind of war deity and I need to develop more compassion, for example)? Do I still ask them for help? Do I ask someone else? Will my god/dess get pissed? How do I affirm my dedication to him/her when chatting it up with other gods?
>>
>>19262782
Are the attributions of the ritual signs of Enterer thru Mater Triumphans in 777?
>>
>>19252697

I have experienced union with Brahman through deep meditation and recognize my nature as awareness alone. From the classical writings, I understand this as enlightenment.

Now what? How am I to act knowing the irrationality of time? How am I to be compassionate knowing the illusory nature of all phenomenon?
>>
Is there a demon who can help me get better at musical composition?
>>
>>19262876
Easy there anon. One instance of samadhi doesn't make you the Buddha
>>
>>19262887

But there is only one, anon, and the distinction of time is erroneous.
>>
>>19262886
Estudio Theorius O'Musicke
>>
>>19262893
Ok then I guess we're all enlightened and have defeated maya! Hurra...waaaiit.
>>
>>19262876
>my nature as awareness
>>19262887
>samadhi
Pick one. More like high grade Dhyana.

>>19262886
Plenty, look up the list and see who comes with or playing music.

>>19262847
thelemapedia.

>>19262843
>Monism
You stop by abandoning that crap.
>>
>>19262902
Thelemapedia gives the Tree attributions? That cite impresses me more and more.

Presumptions about actual experience aside, wouldn't actual union with Brahman be considered samadhi?
>>
>>19262905
>actual union with Brahman
>>19262876
>my nature as awareness
>my
>nature
>awareness

If there's ANY sense of individuation it ain't Samadhi.
>>
>>19262912
>Presumptions about actual experience aside
A simple yes would have sufficed, but thanks for clarifying nonetheless. I generally assume anyone asking about things RE: their experience with "samadhi" probably actually experienced something a rung or two lower...especially all the people on here who think they achieved it just because they were tripping really hard.
>>
>>19262905
>wouldn't actual union with Brahman be considered samadhi

No...you still have an object there
>>
>>19263017
What's the object? Union with Brahaman doesn't count as Union with the Divine?
>>19262912
Ape I've been meaning to ask you, is summoning with very little sleep as bad an idea as getting drunk beforehand? I know driving while overtired is often compared to DWI, and they are said to impair cognition in a similar way.
>>
>>19263026
>What's the object? Union with Brahaman doesn't count as Union with the Divine?

One pointedness yes but if there is still a 'you' and a seperate object then no. There can't be a 'you' in samahdi.
>>
ITT: Seeking answers externally and perpetuating the cycle of falsehoods rather than turning the eye inward and seeking the light of truth.
>>
>>19263031
>if there is still a 'you' and a seperate object then no
>"Union with"
>>
>>19263040
Well, there sure are a lot of people on this board who "turn the ye inward." Look no further than the "I don't subscribe to ANY of their teachings but I'm Gnostic because I experience gnosis sometimes" and @TheImperialCult for people who take the whole "look inward for the answers" a *BIT* too literally. Because it doesn't mean "Never ask questions or rely on anything for reference other than your own instincts, dreams, and subjective interpretations of everything whatsoever." Except, of course, when the phrase is being used on 4chan.
>>
>>19263041
>Union
>"Dissolution into"
>"Merging"
Anon, this isn't rocket surgery: As long as there is even a residue of individual ego (rather than emergence into a novel Other) it ain't Samadhi.

>>19263040
>in the middle of a discussion of the pinnacles of contemplative yoga
>some sperm-pasted faglord comes in to bitch about how nobody ITT turns inward
>>
>>19263062
>rocket surgery
I hope you don't mind my stealing that. I guess the general definition I have heard has used the term "union" to describe that state. Like when you unite boiling water with ice, and the ice becomes one with the water, I guess. Is this an improper way of looking at it?
>>
I read an interesting piece the other day about the order of NOX signs a lot of people use in Star Ruby are basically starting out in Geburah, jumping to the Abyss, back out to Chesed, back to the Abyss, then to Binah. Are they doing it incorrectly, or is there a reason for this? I think that particular order is based on a version of Reguli, but doesn't seem appropriate for XXV. Thoughts?
>>
>>19262902
What about the attributions for Uncle Chumb's expansion? In fact where's the best place to read commentary on Chumbley's expansion on the keyword?
>>
>Go to /fringe/ on 8ch.
>Download mega library.
>You're welcome
>>
>>19263396
>implying they don't use my library and Smiley's library isn't garbage

>>19263318
Invokation to the Angel of Wytchblood.
>>
>>19263396
You really think /fringe/ isn't a cesspool of quasi-literate semi-intellectual /b/tards who subscribe to the "meme version" of EVERYTHING occult?
>>
>>19263416
What's your feelpinion of Poke Runyon?
>>
>>19263416
Is that from "Lover's Call..."?
>>
>>19263396
>fringe/ on 8ch
/fringe/ books
616 files, 276MB
/tosk/
5100 files, 48 GB
>>
>>19252697
Hey, it looks suspiciously like Tempel ov Blood are shilling themselves ITT:
>>19261898

It's almost as cringe-inducing as the JoS phags
>>
>>19254336

Chaos magic was originally an attempt to strip magic down to the core techniques at the heart of all traditions without the accompanying dogmas. There was as much method to the madness as madness to the method. Those who misunderstood the purpose of that interpreted it to mean "I can do whatever the fuck I want and it will be entirely the same as anything traditional!" "All things are equally real if you can just imagine it hard enough" was essentially a perversion of the original purpose of determining the core structures that traditional edifices are built upon.
>>
>>19254925
>I'd love to explore the traditional craft seen in books written by Gemma Gary, Nigel Jackson, Michael Howard, and others of their ilk.

I'd include Nigel Pearson, Peter Paddon, Robin Artisson, and Lee Morgan in your reading list, Anon.
>>
>>19264213
Thanks, anon. I have heard that it was almost called "Results Magick." Imagine how much confusion that could have prevented!
>>
>>19264268
Without the confusion it'd probably be a lot less popular.
>>
>>19256093

Could you elaborate on why the Kybalion is garbage?
>>
Are there any good texts with rituals for calling rain?
>>
>>19264460

Autism and a meme. Because it's New Thought, not Hermeticism, and because it's not initiatory, people that are more obsessed with appearance than development bash it to try and pass themselves off as 'superior'. It's worth the read, regardless of what every bleating meatling cries out.
>>
>>19264505
>and because it's not initiatory
No, you're thinking of the critique of IIH.

But it's cute that you think Kybalion didn't dress itself up in Hermetics to give itself an air of legitimacy and that it's more innovatively developed than materials that actually attempt to deal with the Hermetic Corpus.

This is where I call you "sheeple", right?
>>
Any good texts in the mega for healing and strengthening oneself?
>>
>>19264546
>>>/fit/17018018
>>
does anyone have recommendations for occultism/magick books that are pre-1920's, and don't have made up histories?? not shitting on anything, seriously asking
>>
>>19264656
>occultism/magick books that are pre-1920's
There's
>and don't have made up histories
Not much in life does.
>>
>>19254104
What ever happened to Frater Kairos's Livingroom Thelema? It was completely scrubbed from Youtube.
>>
Bump; fast board tonight.
>>
>>19265090
Just read Phyl-Undhu. Some interesting footnotes regarding occultism.
>>
>>19265142
?
More Nick Land?

I dunno how much more exhumation of relics and diabolical particles I can take this week.
>>
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good, free, cloud based note taking app?

I think I'm moving my magickal record to cyberspace since I spend so much damn time in front of a screen anyway
>>
>>19265166
I got nothing.
My records and journals are in a stack eleven (thirteen?) notebooks.

I tried to go digital but it always skews sideways from recordkeeping to speculation and commentary.

Ink and paper keeps me in the "now".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw2MjRcVO4g
>>
>>19264232
I have some books by Pearson and Paddon too. I've downloaded basically everything on trad-craft I can find, as well as some Wicca stuff. I still have a soft spot for Wicca, and I wouldn't rule out joining a coven in the future if I can find one that isn't Ravenwolf-tier.
>>
>>19265183
Have you gone through Willby and Ginzburg?
>>
>>19265192
Not yet, Cunning Folk and Familiar Spirits is on my kindle though. So far the only books I've read on trad craft are Gemma Gary's The Black Toad, and (if it counts) Charles Leland's Aradia. So, my backlog's gonna be pretty long. :x
>>
File: hemijackavatar.jpg (50KB, 407x399px) Image search: [Google]
hemijackavatar.jpg
50KB, 407x399px
Why are communists incapable of magic?
>>
sink baby sink
>>
>>19265142
>>19261242

>>19263463
Yes.
>>
>>19265316
What makes you say that?
>>
very important.

Demons, how would you repel/hurt them.
How would you stop one from interfering with calls or other electronics
>>
>>19265328
Lol. You caught me. I *was* reading some Hermetic texts earlier but then i got bored and booted up my kindle full of Nick Land and Chumbley and other edgelords.
>>
>>19265493
>93
>LBRP and call me in the morning
Erry time.

>>19265481
Because the dialectical materialism.
Hence why the project of fusing Charles Fort and Karl Marx is so vital.
>>
>>19265493
this should be addressed asap
>>
>>19265500
>5500
Literally been talking about Nick Land all day between phonecalls with the police.
>>
>>19265500
What's wrong with Chumbley? I haven't read his work yet, but as far as I knew, he just did a good job kind of reconstructing traditional witchcraft?

>>19265507
I assumed we were including ancoms in there, who aren't always materialists.
>>
File: the-fall_edited-1.jpg (379KB, 1483x1500px) Image search: [Google]
the-fall_edited-1.jpg
379KB, 1483x1500px
>>19265517
>tfw on the dawning of Landian Sabbatick Posadist Thelema
>>
>>19265493
anything other than LBRP
>>
>>19265535
GBRP.
>>
Is there any reason we shouldn't all just work through Christopher Hyatt's Undoing Yourself?
>>
File: 1499197631379.jpg (95KB, 736x953px) Image search: [Google]
1499197631379.jpg
95KB, 736x953px
>>19265545
LARP
>>
File: 1461110495773.png (697KB, 836x836px) Image search: [Google]
1461110495773.png
697KB, 836x836px
>>19265507
The materialism would certainly explain a lot. It would also explain communism's tendency to slaughter millions of people and destroy spirituality-related culture. I think it's more than that, though. A direct hatred of truth?
>>
>>19265545
anything that can be used on shorthand, say if you are in a place where you cannot leave nor have much time.

Anything to help 2 places at once or a place/person who is at a distance?
>>
>>19265554
Because Doc Hyatt was disingenuous at best.
He couldn't figure out which parts of occultism were shit and which were baller from year to year so his opinion, actions, and intentions pinball more than others.

I mean, I like Doc Hyatt, but also fuck 'im.
>>
>>19265565
Liber 25.

Y'know in the time you've asked three questions you coulda done the LBRP, yes?
>>
>>19265568
Book seems to be working though, so that's tight.
>>
>>19265618
It's entry level hypnosis. It works well enough but there are more efficient and effective ways to go about it.
>>
>>19265574
I'll be honest, I have no idea how to do it and have not much time to research the things that i dont know.
>>
>>19265740
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=LBRP

Wanna know how I know you're RPing?
Because if it were an emergency you'd have already googled it.
>>
>>19265758
i have googled it and am not sure of any of the things it asks me to do, such as the cross or pentagram stuff.
>>
>>19265773
Lolwut

Literally there is step by step instructions on le thelemapedia
>>
https://discord.gg/w5ZuX6
>>
Are we over the bump limit yet?
>>
>>19266398
yes
>>
>>19262912

It would be a difficult task to communicate with modern parlance if someone were to follow your linguistic choice.

Even so, the question remains. You're liberated. Now what?
>>
>>19262876
Go beyond the bramha jyotir and go to vaikuntha.
>>
Anyone have living thelema by David shoemaker?
>>
>>19266567
>Now what?
Listen to Death Grips mashups.

https://soundcloud.com/smokewaymoreweedthanaguyinla/death-grips-x-ministry-nwo-houdini
>>
>>19266567
>>19266737
Before enlightenment, dick around and browse memes

after enlightenment, dick around and browse memes
>>
Is it a bad idea to attempt a Goetic evocation if I don't have any prior experience with magick at all?
>>
>>19266958
Yes. In the sense that it wont work unless you don't know what you're doing, and haven't done substantial prep work.
>>
>>19267099
>wont work unless you don't know what you're doin

Well, that's a retarded typo.
>>
How do I get started with hermeticism?
>>
>>19265630
Gimme some recommendations, then? Trying to peel away the layers of neurosis and bullshit and see just what the fuck is under there.
>>
>>19266958
If you train yourself in concentration and visualization and study grimoire for few weeks you will have everything you need to successfully evoke. Also pray a lot or learn to banish.
Thread posts: 341
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.