[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why would God need to know himself?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: images (30).jpg (6KB, 247x204px) Image search: [Google]
images (30).jpg
6KB, 247x204px
Why would God need to know himself?
>>
Because prior to God knowing himself, the holy primordial void was an endless hideous chaos void of all purpose and pleasantry.

Maybe. I dunno, I didn't do it.
>>
>>19252528
There's knowing the self by self awareness, and then there's knowing oneself by understanding how one is perceived by others.

You know yourself, but you also have separate understanding of yourself as a son/daughter, coworker, etc. And people know what they look like, but still do "rate me" bullshit.

I would guess God would like to see how he is perceived outside of self perception.
>>
>>19252611
right, but why does God have to obey this logic?
>>
His psychological shadow whispered in his ear... "If you have all the power in the universe, you're too powerful to know the true opinion of any soul."
>>
>>19252620
I don't know if he does. Interesting topic though. I figure if the stuff is true and we are "made in his image", maybe we get our own way of being like that from him. A trait passed down.

According to the old testament he's super jealous and gets bitter, according to the whole book he holds grudges. But why would a supremely enlightened being be like that? If you know you're the shit, you run EVERYTHING, why care so much about what people do or think? And yet he does.
>>
>>19252640
I'm talking more metaphysical conceptions of God. OT is babby-tier.

you're right that we are made in his image as a microcosm to his macrocosm, his eyes and ears that can only see/hear himself because he is all there is
>>
>>19252645
If the OT god is real and worried about what people think of him, wow did he just wince at YOU.
>>
File: JWwgeX1.gif (891KB, 317x215px) Image search: [Google]
JWwgeX1.gif
891KB, 317x215px
>>19252645
So this is purely philosophical pondering That makes it hard to answer.
>>
>>19252640
Because the God of Moses is all of the things you said, but hes not the creator God or the father of Jesus. I think people are starting to wake up to this fact.
>>
>>19252651
Well OT God is a mess so that's fine.
>>
>>19252654
infinitely more interesting than the 100th thread on this board on "why Yahweh no like golden calf?"
>>
>>19252658
Yeah I personally don't buy into most of the Bible or current perception of God. Even calling it "he". Like why would a super creator force thing be gendered anyway. It would be an it. Not a he or she. It's not like it has anatomy or something to distinguish it as male or female.

Also, even if God told people what to write in the book, it'd be like ayylmaos coming and telling us what to write, and how good would our interpretation be? Stuff is just full of holes and not verifiable in any way.
>>
>>19252674
Wherever did you learn to conceptualize of infinite interest? That sounds very interesting!
>>
>>19252677
we agree but please, please, please keep OT out of this thread I am so tired of reading the same 3 objections to an anthropomorphic god, man
>>
>>19252680
Okay. I'm rambling a little. I'll avoid that.
>>
>>19252677
Exactly. The creator is neither male nor female and does not require worship or sacrifice. Some choose to serve, but it is a choice made of love as opposed to fear based worship.

Men wrote the books of the bible. Men are flawed. The math here is simple. There is a lot to be gained from these texts if you can discern truth from half truth from veiled truth from blatant lie.
>>
>>19252528

Ignore that filth, this "theology" comes from notions from greek philosophy where it was deemed the most arduous and important work to know oneself, and thus some faggots decided that this belonged into teology, scribble mixups with the gospels and you have a new theology.

Both christianity and gnosticism are fake, the true religion is probably unknown to men.
>>
File: 1499331634152.png (221KB, 294x486px) Image search: [Google]
1499331634152.png
221KB, 294x486px
>>19252729
>Both christianity and gnosticism are fake, the true religion is probably unknown to men.
>Pic related
>>
File: 1499332289968.jpg (924KB, 900x1160px) Image search: [Google]
1499332289968.jpg
924KB, 900x1160px
>>19252528
To behold beauty. To behold his own creations. We are all connected.
>>
>>19252729
Um, you mean Gnostic Jesusism is bullshit. The true religion is still Gnostic. Gnostic 'religions' are just based on Gnosis. It's just certain Elite know how to act in the presence of beings so they get told the truth.
>>
>>19252528
Knowing and experiencing are different things. There is a difference between knowing everything about e.g love and actually experiencing it.

God is trying to experience everything to complement already existing infinite knowledge
>>
>>19252538
this
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.