[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Extraterrestrials

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: GmanisEman.png (116KB, 627x429px) Image search: [Google]
GmanisEman.png
116KB, 627x429px
First of all, why do people think extraterrestrials have big heads and big eyes? Don't you think they'd look more like us humans? Second, give me your ET webms and gifs.
>>
>>19252228
no
>>
>>19252228
I always expected that greys were total fakes because they already look too much like humans. The new ager "OMG they're so human they breed with humans" version just struck me as headshakingly retarded. I hope that's not the world we actually live in. Not because I think it'd be bad, but... it just offends my aesthetics, y'know? I'm all for comprehensible extraterrestrials, but xenos should be weirder than that.
>>
>>19252252
I hope you're not expecting some floating gas that talks. Life came to from extreme enviroments and over millions of years evolution took place and put humans, which are humanoids, on the top of the food chain. I think ETs would be humanoids with little differences based on their home.
>>
you are mongoloids if you think space faring ET's are restricted to a certain physique
>>
>>19252260
Floating gas that talks, no. Not unless we go searching for it real damned hard. Maybe somewhere in the galaxy. Like, one place, ever. Countless planets, not a lot of floating gas that talks.

But the sort of aliens I would expect would be something like a crawler with four hand-feet plus two hindmost feet without the adaptable gripping capacity. They'd have too much spine on a long and low build, and be capable of rising up to use four hands or sinking low to run on all sixes. That sounds like a bodytype just as advantageous as humanoids, something that would similarly put its possessor on top of the food chain if accompanied by intelligence.
>>
>>19252228
If Earth is so close to the center of the universe and began first, and the universe is constantly expanding, then wouldn't it only make sense if humans are going to become the allegedly advanced lifeforms we believe are already there?
>>
>>19252304
no
>>
>>19252304
no
>>
>>19252324
>>19252332
but you have nothing to support this
that possible explanation would you have that suggests there could be a more advanced civilization when we've had 4 billion year headstart?
>>
>>19252340
no
>>
>>19252273
That is REALLY specific.
>>
File: 1498796227978.gif (536KB, 498x278px) Image search: [Google]
1498796227978.gif
536KB, 498x278px
>>19252228
>>
>>19252432
>>19252432
I wanted my example to be good prose, so I made it specific. Even if we stick hard to an idea of convergent purposes producing convergent designs, there are still designs other than "two arms, two feet, normal head, bipedal" which come up.

For another example, how about a long-lived amphibious octopus creature? Our own octopi here on earth are smart creatures, but they have short lives and live in an environment where tool-using has limited potential and limited advantage. Shift the environmental tolerances, tune the metabolism... Voila! An earth-proven evolutionarily sensible origin for a sapient species that isn't even faintly similar to humans. Amphibious octopi.

The octopi example is actually worth talking about a bit more, because it suggests a somewhat horrifying potential. Intelligence doesn't develop without reason. One of the reasons why intelligence can be necessary is the possession of a complex body plan. Which leads me to my next example, inspired by the octopus but so much worse... If the galaxy has ever spawned a tentacle monster, a byproduct of the neural development nature had to give them for their limbs is that they're probably intelligent. And a byproduct of having so much limb-focused neural processing is that their language is very likely tactile. Yikes.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.