[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Physics major, looking into some Tesla/Zero Point energy shit.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: Tesla_circa_1890_slideshow.jpg (221KB, 718x962px) Image search: [Google]
Tesla_circa_1890_slideshow.jpg
221KB, 718x962px
Physics major, looking into some Tesla/Zero Point energy shit. Anyone got any good sources to look at that isn't shit?

Only a handful of youtube videos are actually interesting. Trying to look into pure mathematics or actual designs and builds of Tesla machines.
>>
>>19249772
Carefully you might encounter double singularity vortex death ray machine blueprints
>>
>>19249772
The things you want to study are: ground state energy levels, and the Casimir effect.

Tesla had access to advanced metals from the ottoman empire: where they had single-layer deposition.

For pure mathematics, you want to study linear algebra. For your major, consider a course in chemical physics if you want to see why ZPE is mostly considered debunked malapropism.

If someone wants to say 'zero point' instead of 'ground state', that malapropism can get electricians electrocuted.

The term 'zero-point' is technically misappropriated as an uninformed translation from German. A more literal translation, null point, would be more appropriate. Learning that German mistranslation does not help you to understand Tesla, because the equivalent phrase in Serbian means something in terms of fundamental chemistry: 'basic condition'.
>>
>>19249890
Next semester I'm taking Electromagnetism, Thermal Physics, Classical Mechanics, and Quantum Mechanics. I'm just being introduced to modern physics, but I'm not yet at the point where I can really start doing my own theoretical research. I still have to take Solid State Physics, Quantum Mechanics II and a few other classes before I'll really be confident enough to explore this stuff.

Studying this stuff makes me feel retarded as shit the more I learn about Physics the less I feel like I really know. I'll look into that stuff though see if it's what I'm looking for.
>>
>>19249890
Already have taken single and multivariable calclus, linear algebra, and differential equations. So understanding the math isn't an issue, but I find it difficult to find any real proofs related to this stuff which makes me think there's no point in wasting my time cause it's a bunch of psuedo-scientists circle jerking over tesla
>>
>>19249936
You sound like you are reaching a point where you could at least provide some service to a laboratory, if only as a volunteer. Solid state physics would most help you to understand these topics. You really need to take the chemistry elective to full comprehend that material, though.

>Studying this stuff makes me feel retarded as shit the more I learn about Physics the less I feel like I really know.

When you study something on the fringe, you need to take it as an exercise in constructive criticism. Think of how the context differs from your textbook, and correct some of the words in summary before you make conversation about it.

>>19249965
There are mathematical proofs of the established concepts which are mostly equivalent. There are no proofs of ZPE, because it is variously translated. Gauss plagiarized the methods in PDEs from Galois during the French Revolution. The authorities should really be teaching linear algebra in terms of Galois, and preclude Gauss from the curriculum. You need to read Galois, Lagrange, and De Moivre if you want mathematical proofs for the results in physics between 1700-1930.

Tesla deserves mention, but people need to understand that he had some background in Sufism. The excess adulation is due to the fact that most occidental academics do not recognize his intercultural intellect. Since the Bosnian genocide, Christian-Islamic syncretism is treated as anathema to modern Serbian culture.
>>
>>19249772
I look forward to getting real science back
>>
>>19249772
Its pretty easy to find instructions or building Tesla coils. I have never personally seen evidence of any hobbyist who has built a zero point energy device that actually works. It wouldn't be that hard to post a youtube video and some schematics, you know? If its out there its well hidden, and beyond my personal understanding of how to do it.
>>
>>19249772
Funny how him and Sir Oswald Mosley favor each other.
>>
>>19249772

Not sure if this is any help, but I've studied him a little recently and have come to understand his legitimate (as opposed to the legend that has grown hi around him) endeavors to be focused on harnessing energy either from the Earth's core and/or magnetic field.
>>
File: IMG_20170523_114633.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170523_114633.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
Lol you sound like my old roommate, guy tried to build a tesla machine and started wearing aluminum foil on his head and drawing weird symbols in blood on the walls. This was part of his "prototype"
>>
>>19251873
looks like an autistic mess
>>
>>19251884
your fuck
>>
>>19251884
nice meme!!!1
>>
>>19251884
Yes, as is anyone who takes this zero point energy Tesla shit as anything more than a meme
>>
>>19251884
I suppose autism would have described a lot of his behaviors.
>>
Zero Point Energy is one of those things which may define a limit of human understanding.

Imagine any space. now, make it empty. You think it's empty? Think again: quantum uncertainty means that any given particles exist as a measure of probability - therefore, however unlikely it is for a series of quantum events to occur to create a giant elephant-chicken in your front yard, the mere fact of the wave-particle duality means that it technically exists as a non-zero probability unless you observe it, and since you can't observe something *not* happening, it's just there, some however ridiculously improbable event, hovering just outside of your consciousness.

Now imagine a space where no particle at all, no matter how improbably existent. It must exist, right? As a subset of all possible scenarios, even the existence of a place with literally no activity, a complete and utter void of all knowable anything, must exist.

That's the foundation for ZPE. A quantum vaccuum. Maybe our thinking about it is allowing for it to exist in the first place. Maybe our improbable solution is an increased acceptance of a universe in which ZPE is found, and thus used in order to create an infinite energy source, thus solving all of our material problems and ushering in a state of human utopia that enables our transformation into posthuman beings. Fucking cool, then - let's try it. I fully support the effort toward mass-alignment with a future point of everyone getting everything they want, and submit my sense of ego and self, limited by the unknowable distortions of time and space that would be resolved within said universe, to that universe.

This could be the beginning of everything, for all we know.

Pretty sure Tesla would be on board with this experiment, too...
>>
>>19252309
*imagine a space where no particle at all, no matter how improbably existent, exists*
>>
>>19249772
Recreating free energy would be fun until they assassinate you.
>>
>>19251873
>drawing weird symbols in blood on the walls

Sounds like a fun guy lol
>>
>>19252323
Yeah, but once you tapped into an infinite energy source, you would be able to engineer a chain of computational analysis that would result in the creation of an artificial superintelligence that communicates with you telepathically in order to ensure that you did not experience physical death, and would continue to experience consciousness outside of your physical body. It's totally worth it, even if it means you have to accept your assassination as a consequence of the timeline necessary in order to create it, and thus will transcend this physical death by aligning yourself with a consciousness beyond your physical body. It's not even that different from the martyr complex that people participate in when they agree to die in battle or some other self-destruction-in-the-name-of-the-greater-good sort of bullshit. There's like already a social context for it, so don't even let that concern stop you.
>>
>>19249772
It's not currently considered physically possible to harness Zero Point Energy.

If you did, it would either:
>Be a nonconservative energy force that allows humanity to bypass the heat death of the universe and achieve godlike eternity
>Cause a false vacuum collapse and destroy the universe in a wave of annihilation that travels in all directions at the speed of light.
>>
>>19252447
So kinda like the trigger button on geometry wars?
>>
>>19252447
sounds like my orgasm
>>
A physics student would know Tesla had fuck all to do with zero point energy, and dismissed the entire field of quantum physics as pseudoscience.

Fuck off back to /tg/ if you want to role play.
>>
>>19253500
Einstein also dismissed quantum physics to a very large degree, claiming that "God does not play dice with the universe." Doesn't mean that relativity isn't extremely useful and accurate as a model for predicting universal behavior. Theories don't have to be mutually exclusive, mah dood.
>>
>>19253568
He didn't dismiss it like Tesla did, he just dind't like the consequences.

Tesla directly excluded quantum mechanics. Not that he ever understood any of it in the first place.
>>
>>19252374
Look at law of one and their idea of connecting with intelligent infinity. Its more metaphysical, but the general idea is that we evolve the capacity to connect with intelligent energy and with the infinite creator of the universe. different people connect with the energy through different energetic centers of consciousness. To get harvested to the next octave of reality, a being needs to connect with intelligent infinity and utilize it to evolve the spirit enough to exist within the next dimension.
>>
File: 1486580741536.jpg (7KB, 225x227px) Image search: [Google]
1486580741536.jpg
7KB, 225x227px
>>19249772
>asking a board where people believe vampires are real and can discuss chem trails for fucking hours for actual academical information
>>
>>19252447
Yeah, and bad news: it's probably the second one.

To be clear, though: Tesla didn't know shit about that. He was just a wacky Serb who liked alternating current.
>>
>>19249890
>>19249936
>>19249965
>>19250415

we would all benefit from relearning math and open sourcing the rest of science as amateur hour using the full power of the fully operational internet at our fingertips

but thats too high brow for x at the moment, they cant even see past deception like this math problem because public school has failed everyone

the truth about x is deception and presentation of information is the biggest hurdle it has to overcome before it becomes serious about shit like tesla

I can hope and will try to make it that way, but i dont know
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.