[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do people actually believe this september 23 nonsense? people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 7

File: signinthesky.jpg (338KB, 1600x924px) Image search: [Google]
signinthesky.jpg
338KB, 1600x924px
do people actually believe this september 23 nonsense? people predict these dates every year and it has never actually happened. oh look a bunch of stars look kinda scary. oh look if i make 7 circles it means something from the bible.
>>
File: 1.png (98KB, 1861x795px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
98KB, 1861x795px
>>19244465
Yes, dumb people do. They are easily impressionable and also they believe Revelations to be a prophetic book; since their Bible doesn't include annotations -or maybe they didn't read the Bible at all and just jumped on the bandwagon- they don't know that Revelations was written merely as a fearmongering piece in order to get the early Christians to keep believing.
>>
File: smoking2.jpg (33KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
smoking2.jpg
33KB, 1280x718px
>>19244465
Yes people believe it.
It's a huge psy-ops to waste your time.
>>
I dunno if I buy that people actually believe in it. It seems more likely that they just enjoy pretending to believe in it, or sort of... speculatively believing it, which isn't true belief.

All I know is that stargazing has been unusually interesting lately.
>>
File: 2.png (81KB, 1473x860px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
81KB, 1473x860px
>>19244865
From what I can see the required conditions are that:
>Leo is on top of Virgo
This is true 100% of the time.
>The sun covers Virgo
This is true for a few weeks every year, much more time if only the daylight has to cover Virgo, not the actual sun.
>Three planets are on top of Virgo so that they add the 12 "stars"
This condition is true several times every year
>The moon is at the feet of Virgo
This also happens a lot of times per year

The only non-trivial occurrence is that the last two events happen simultaneously. This doesn't happen every year, but there are still many other times it has happened through history and the world didn't end.
>>
File: 3.png (97KB, 1854x796px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
97KB, 1854x796px
>>19244920
And these are examples of times it happened that have been carefully nitpicked. Many others were discarded because the moon was over Virgo (not really at her feet) or at her waist. Same goes for planets not being roughly in the general direction of her head. If all these events hadn't been discarded, you'd find a suitable date for the end of the world every 3-5 years.
>>
File: 4.png (106KB, 1847x867px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
106KB, 1847x867px
>>19244865
>>19244947
By the way, if you think that the moon is too far away to count in these two pictures and in pic related, I'll let you know that it's actually one or two days away from touching Virgo. The moon is closer to earth than the other stuff so it moves into the required position quickly.
>>
File: 5.png (79KB, 1536x805px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
79KB, 1536x805px
>>19244970
And all these examples happened on September 23 too, but if you were to dismiss this date and only care about the mentioned conditions being met, I wager you could find a perfect end of the world alignment every year, albeit on different dates. The reason why the September 23 date is so important is because this was the same date used to predict ends of the world in a few of the last years. Try your own shit if you care enough:

https://neave.com/planetarium/
>>
>>19244465
Don't believe it, kind of want to.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.