[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wow please help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_inline_mipegr8IZL1qz4rgp.gif (581KB, 500x329px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mipegr8IZL1qz4rgp.gif
581KB, 500x329px
Okay where to begin.. I've always been a slightly religious person. You know, I go to church, pray every now and again... but I get a little doubtful sometimes, just like any other rando does. I just want to know what religion will get me to heaven or at least somewhere like that.. What steps do I need to take to find the truth about the world? Do I need to open my 3rd eye, align my chakras, become well versed in magic or some other weird shit? I just want to be told the truth and feel certain about things for once. Or am I too stupid and feebel minded to ever understand things right?
>>
>>19244133
I don't think anyone can be "saved." All you have to show for yourself in this life is your actions, your thoughts, and your effect on the world around you.

If you're a Christian (or want to be), then I would say the first step is to read about the religion MOST opposite Christianity. Upset your beliefs. Then read about some more religions, then some you've never heard of. See what speaks to you. That "weird shit" is pretty weird when you're comparing it to one (pretty limited) worldview.
>>
>>19244133

Based on everything I'm seeing, the New Testament got a lot of things right. In general, I'm starting to think it's harmful to separate religions and disapprove of those different from yours (if this makes sense. Kind of like a "best idea or thought wins"). It'd be best to view it as good versus evil, judging others based in their fruits and/or works.

As the other anon said, just learn about everything and make connections where you think it makes the most sense.
>>
>>19244228
>>19244187
Yeah you're both right. I guess I need to read more. I wish it were easier to figure things like this out. Either of you have and vook recomendations?
>>
>>19244252
Book not vook hah my bad
>>
>>19244252
Shepherds Chapel videos...learned more from Murray in 6 months than a life time elsewhere.
He goes in depth and does not shy away from controversial issues.
>>
>>19244252

None cross my mind (other than New Testament, biblehub.com is good for that), but I would recommend Mysterious Universe for some interesting topics (and fun!). I typically stumble onto good and great info by chance (depending on your perspective, being guided by God). You'll get more confident in what you believe, perhaps soon or later. Always been thinking. I've personally been blessed with a bunch of experiences early on, and I'm grateful for it.

I would also recommend Informed Christians for later on (bad idea to jump straight into prophecy until you have a stronger foundation, in my opinion).
>>
>>19244300

Also:

1. Crazy Love has some good wholesome stuff. https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC3TNl3-7XmrPuju9W0EXRUw/videos
2. Johanan Raatz can be fun, too (though he uses too much terminology in my opinion). https://m.youtube.com/user/JohananRaatz
3. Forgotten Books is good for "general, older knowledge". https://www.forgottenbooks.com/en
>>
Shepherds Chapel
> Teaches rapture is a lie
> Serpent seed doctrine
> Earth is billions of years old not six thousand
> Talks about chariots of fire{UFO's} and those who fly in them
> Eve did not eat an apple
> Three earth ages..one that was, one that is and one yet to come
> Points out mistakes in translation from Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic to English
> Does not beg for money
> Challenges you to check him out to make sure he is telling truth

Much much more...I am blown away, feel like Ive been lied to in churches all my life.
>>
>>19244290
>>19244300
>>19244318
Oh wow. I'm gonna be busy the next few weeks. Thank you, anon.
>>
>>19244327
>feel like Ive been lied to in churches all my life.
I feel the same way sometimes too. I just don't want to feel or seem like a crazy person. I think most people see that kind of statement as a bit wacky. Not that I agree with those people.
>>
>>19244345
You bet anon...hope you find what you need
>>
>>19244300
>>19244133
What are you feeling right now?

My answer would be to connect with God. If thats connecting you with God then continue. Those in my current perspective are lesser moderate ways to reach God. Also God is who God is so the grandiose is arbitrary to such a being.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.