[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grimoires

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Talis02.png (7KB, 243x240px) Image search: [Google]
Talis02.png
7KB, 243x240px
Anyone here make their own grimoires? Seems like it would be a good place to write down wisdom you've learned, as well as any divination techniques
>>
I was just thinking of doing this myself. Getting into chaos magic...i think I'm going to have a journal to track experiments and a grimoire / book of shadows for cementing my own magical system.
>>
>>19243272
Me Too, that's why I started the thread, I was wondering what other people's systems are.

I was thinking about doing it in a binder, with papers and dividers, so I can organize it really well
>>
>>19243296
I've been trying to compile stuff that means something to me. Because I'm doing chaos, i might include some silly things like video game characters, but only if they resonate with me strongly.

I also want to learn music theory, so i might start using notes or keys in correspondence tables.
>>
I'm kind of so-so about it. On the one hand, I want to write down the stuff that caught my eye, but I feel like I'd have to practice before I pick what works, and I'm not quite up to taking that leap. I'm more of a scholar than a practitioner.
>>
>>19243688
You can still write stuff down that catches your eye, and make a note that you haven't tried it yet. If you ever do, you can amend the entry. Then it isn't so much a grimoire, but a scholarly look at magic. I know I always enjoy reading things like that
>>
>>19243805
Yeah. I guess that could work. Journals of paranormal study. Given my interest in other fields and my need to study a lot of things, it would be a good place to put it all, and have a place to read back through for future reference.

Maybe one day I can fill a proper tome with all the legit knowledge I came across, but it'd definitely require a lot of legwork.
>>
>>19243847
Nothing worth having is easy to get
>>
I was thinking about making correspondences that uses RPG like stats:

Strength - physical strength and stamina,anger, revenge, etc

Constitution - anything to do with food and diet

Intelligence - anything to do with learning, problem solving, knowledge

Creativity - self explanatory?

Charisma - anything to do with hygiene, appearance, love, charm, seduction, etc

Spirit - anything to do with household matters, spirituality, generosity, etc

I'd like a seventh one just so I can do days of the week, but maybe I'll leave it at 6 and devise a different method to correspond to the days. So many other important numbers are divisible by 6, so it seems like a good round number.
>>
File: sigbuilder2.png (6KB, 326x304px) Image search: [Google]
sigbuilder2.png
6KB, 326x304px
>>19243236
I thought making an old french dictionary would be a good idea when I was researching nostradamus at one point
>>
>>19243236
I could probably throw one together if I wanted to "Hunter's Grimoire"
>>
>>19245612
What would it include?
>>
>>19245638
Anti demon and angels sigils, a spell that can cast beings into Lucifer's cage, a shit ton of different types of exorcisms.Enchanting weapons,some basic runes. This one spell I know that can put higher spirits back to factory settings should something go wrong,shit like that.Oh and transubstantiation spells and purification spells.
>>
>>19245880
I would read that. That's more-or-less what I was thinking about for mine. Protective magic, how various beasties come about and how to deal with them, herbs and talismans to protect against various bad juju and the boogens, exorcism and banishment... basically a handbook to include in a paranormal contingency kit.

What IS the general rule on enchantment, anyway? Is it just runework?

>factory settings
What?
>>
>>19248594
Yeah that.s what I'm thinking I'm planning on writing a bestiary soon.Runework usually but a sword forged in holy water call kill demons or angel blessed weapons call kill angels and demons and shit like that. Factory settings is slang for the way they normally are. The way they're supposed to be.
>>
>>19248594
Also manifestations of beings is pretty common,basically a weapon that uses their own power.
>>
Be careful with magic :)
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.