[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hare Krsna General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 11

File: Radharani.jpg (61KB, 600x780px) Image search: [Google]
Radharani.jpg
61KB, 600x780px
Krishna.com

Purebhakti.com

Vedabase.com

Questions and discussion
>>
Gaudiya Mission Kirtan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtEdpbZAxsc
>>
"Krishna once dressed Himself up exactly like Srimati Radharani, just to create fun among His friends. By seeing this dress, Krishna's friend Subala became very astonished." (Srila Rupa Goswami in The Nectar of Devotion)

"In order to get close to Srimati Radharani who is upset with Him, Damodara has dressed as a heavely Kinnari goddess, holding a beautiful gold and silver vina. The sakhis then ask the Kinnari goddess what is her name and if she can sing a song to cheer up Srimati Radhika. "She" says Her name is Shyam Sakhi, since "She's" blackish and sings a song that plunges the gopis into ectatic bliss. To reward Shyam Sakhi, Radharani is about to give her the jewel locket from Her own neck. Lalita notices that this "sakhi" is bent in three ways and points it out to Sri Radha. But seeing her beloved dressed up this funny way, She can no longer maintain her anger."
>>
>>19242862

Standing with a symmetrical landscape of yellow flowering creepers emerging from the greenery of trees, Radha, holding Krishna's flute, has donned her divine lover's peacock-feather crown and saffron-colored dhoti. Blue-complexioned Krishna, in turn, wears Radha's earrings, red skirt, blouse, and transparent shawl. Holding hands, the two gaze into one another's eyes.

This unique visual motif of the clothing exchange serves as a metaphor for Radha and Krishna's shared essence. Radha's and Krishna's donning of each other's garments signifies that the two are identical, as is suggested in this verse by an unknown poet.

She wears his peacock feather, he dons her lovely, delicate crown; She sports his yellow garment, he wraps himself in her beautiful sari How charming the very sight of it. . . The daughter of Vrsabhanu [Radha] turns [into] Nanda's son [Krishna], and Nanda's son, into Vrsabhanu's girl. (Translation Srivasta Goswami, The Divine Consort, 87)
>>
>>19242796
Heil Hitler race war now gas the untouchables.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgc4CvwjyOE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkMlXWTxjeE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLwvAB9DwG8
>>
People put a lot of time, energy and money into building hospitals and buying medicines. It is all based on fear of disease, fear of death. The cosmetic industry is really based on fear: people are afraid of not looking beautiful, and people are afraid of looking old even though they are. So they just cover the cracks and crevices and put so many things. People are afraid of smelling bad. So, there are so many colognes, so many perfumes, so many deodorants, and everything like that. I am not saying you should use or not use, I am just saying that it is based on fear, whether you know it or not.

And even eating, we are afraid of being hungry. Why do people work? One of the prime motivations for getting a job and working 9 to 5 or for whatever hours we have, is fear. We are afraid of poverty, we are afraid of hunger, we are afraid of not having a proper shelter or house, and so we work so hard. People are also afraid of dishonor, and are afraid of failure. In schools, students are very much afraid of not getting proper grades. So, how much are people motivated by fear in this world? The major expenditure of most nations is defense.

Fear is a suffering condition. There is the saying, “The only thing to fear is fear itself.” But how can you not fear fear? As long as you are thinking, ‘I am the body, I am the proprietor, I am the enjoyer,’ you must fear, because the whole material nature is threatening you at every moment.

bhajahū re mana śrī-nanda-nandana abhaya-caraṇāravinda re

Therefore, devotee prays to the mind, “Please my mind, just remember Krishna, just worship the son of Nanda, then you will be fearless.” And therefore, the only real happiness in life is taking shelter of Krishna. Everything else is a strategic plan of Maya to perpetuate our fear and suffering, everything else except taking shelter of Krishna.
>>
Bump. Let us realize on this day of American Independence what material independence really means: serving the body and its urges.

>"Everyone is thinking he is the most exalted personality, scientist, philosopher, great man. That is material disease. Actually he is being kicked every moment by the urges of the senses, and he is thinking he is very great man. Go-dāsa. Go means senses. He is always, cut down by the sense urges, and he is thinking 'independent'. Independent means servant of the senses. This is going on. So you have to understand the real position of the world, and if you want to preach, then you have to... humbler than the tree, humbler than the grass, tolerant than the tree and... We know everyone is rascal; still, you have to give him honor. Then it will be possible to say something. Otherwise it is very difficult."
-Srila Prabhupada, Morning Walk, Nairobi
>>
>>19243453
>Morning Walk
https://youtu.be/xrmC2cQzp6E
https://youtu.be/hJCk4P0GD9w
>>
>>19242796

what the hindus say/know about the divine knife?

Aracne i have been dreaming about your ship/building , in the dream i scape from your building to the left and when i am out i can see it the building spamming 2 threats to the left side , i find curious that is only 2 becose as far i can remember you have 3 black threat/arms , anyway i have been runing some simulations and we have 3 options , round the black hole a la pirates of the caribe style by going to the right to round it up and go left , or find your missing arm/threat and tide the ship to the rock at our left
or do noting and sink into the black hole , in wich case i ignore were it will lead , i do not know if aracne ship is also a submarine or a plane , but this is what i have been dreaming about.
>>
>>19243524
>Sometimes he becomes a great hero -- just like Hiranyakasipu and Kamsa or, in the modern age, Napoleon or Hitler. The activities of such men are certainly very great. (See VedaBase.net)
>Ah, yes. So these English people, they were very expert in making propaganda. They killed Hitler by propaganda. I don't think Hitler was so bad man. (June 17, 1976, Toronto)
>No, no. Hitler knew it [the atom bomb]. . . . No, no. He knew it, everything, but he did not like to do it. He said. He said. He was gentleman. But these people are not gentlemen. He knew it perfectly well. He said that "I can smash the whole world, but I do not use that weapon." The Germans already discovered. But out of humanity they did not use it. And all the, your American, other countries, they have stolen from German ideas. (November 20, 1975, Bombay)
>Therefore Hitler killed these Jews. They were financing against Germany. Otherwise he had no enmity with the Jews. . . . And they were supplying. They want interest money -- "Never mind against our country." Therefore Hitler decided, "Kill all the Jews." (January 23, 1977, Bhuvanesvara)

On African Americans

>But his bodily feature, he was a black man. The black man means sudra. The brahmana, ksatriya, vaisya, they were not black. But the sudras were black. (Los Angeles, January 1, 1974)
>>
File: ss 051517.jpg (307KB, 1600x1495px)
ss 051517.jpg
307KB, 1600x1495px
>>19243533
>Sudra is to be controlled only. They are never given to be freedom. Just like in America. The blacks were slaves. They were under control. And since you have given them equal rights they are disturbing, most disturbing, always creating a fearful situation, uncultured and drunkards. What training they have got? They have got equal right? That is best, to keep them under control as slaves but give them sufficient food, sufficient cloth, not more than that. Then they will be satisfied. (San Francisco 9 April, 1968)
>It is all nonsense civilization. A first-class Rolls Royce car, and who is sitting there? A third-class negro. This is going on. You'll find these things in Europe and America. This is going on. A first-class car and a third-class negro. (October 5, 1975, Mauritius)
>Certainly we are not going to say these things about the negro people publicly... So, you can understand that these talks are not for the public, as they have not got the ability to understand. (9 April 1968)

On Native Americans

>Sudras have no brain. In America also, the whole America once belonged to the Red Indians. Why they could not improve? The land was there. Why these foreigners, the Europeans, came and improved? So sudras cannot do this. They cannot make any correction. (Ref. VedaBase => John Dewey)

On the 'Master Race'

>So on the whole, the conclusion is that the Aryans spread in Europe also, and the Americans, they also spread from Europe. So the intelligent class of human being, they belong to the Aryans, Aryan family. Just like Hitler claimed that he belonged to the Aryan family. Of course, they belonged to the Aryan families. (Ref. VedaBase => Bhagavad-gita 9.3 -- Melbourne, April 21, 1976)

HEIL PRABHUPADA, RACE WAR NOW, CLEANSE THE UNCLEAN RACES, MAKE THE SUBHUMANS REAP THEIR FOUL KARMA!!!
>>
File: IMG_2916.jpg (146KB, 1200x800px)
IMG_2916.jpg
146KB, 1200x800px
Happy Ekadashi!
>>
File: IMG_2917.jpg (154KB, 1920x1080px)
IMG_2917.jpg
154KB, 1920x1080px
>>19243540
"The word aryan is applicable to persons who know the value of life and have a civilization based on spiritual realization."

"Persons who have no knowledge of liberation from material bondage are called non-aryans."

"And as Krsna Consciousness is transcendental to this system to all this system of the four divisions of human society, a person in Krsna Consciousness is also transcendental to all divisions of human society, whether we consider the divisions of community, nation, or species."
>>
>This very fact confirms the statement of Lord Chaitanya that a preacher or teacher may be a householder, a sannyasi, a brahmana, a sudra, or anyone, provided he knows the science of Krishna.
- Srila Prabhupada letter to Hayagriva, 1969

>Vidura, born in the womb of a sudra woman, was forbidden even to be a party of royal heritage along with his brothers Dhrtarastra and Pandu. Then how could he occupy the post of a preacher to instruct such learned kings and ksatriyas as Dhrtarastra and Maharaja Yudhisthira? The first answer is that even though it is accepted that he was a sudra by birth, because he renounced the world for spiritual enlightenment by the authority of Rsi Maitreya and was thoroughly educated by him in transcendental knowledge, he was quite competent to occupy the post of an acarya, or spiritual preceptor. According to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, anyone who is conversant in the transcendental knowledge, or the science of Godhead, be he a brahmana or a sudra, a householder or a sannyasi, is eligible to become a spiritual master. Even in the ordinary moral codes (maintained by Canakya Pandita, the great politician and moralist) there is no harm in taking lessons from a person who may be by birth less than a sudra.
- Srimad Bhagavatam 1.13.15 purport

>"According to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, anyone who is conversant in the transcendental knowledge or the science of Godhead, be he a brahmana or sudra, a householder or a sannyasi, is eligible to become a spiritual master." Not that because he was born a sudra, he cannot preach, he cannot take the post of acarya or spiritual master. That is not Caitanya philosophy. Caitanya philosophy has nothing to do with this body, external body. Caitanya philosophy is concerned with the soul. This movement is the movement of elevating the soul, saving the soul from degradation.
- lecture on SB 1.13.15, 1974
>>
> Bg 5.18 — The humble sages, by virtue of true knowledge, see with equal vision a learned and gentle brāhmaṇa, a cow, an elephant, a dog and a dog-eater [outcaste].

> Bg 6.9 — A person is considered still further advanced when he regards honest well-wishers, affectionate benefactors, the neutral, mediators, the envious, friends and enemies, the pious and the sinners all with an equal mind.

> Bg 6.32 — He is a perfect yogī who, by comparison to his own self, sees the true equality of all beings, in both their happiness and their distress, O Arjuna!

You can see even here the tendency of the soul covered by Maya is to exploit the energy of Krishna. Some exploit Krishna's energy through taking matter and using it for their own enjoyment with no acknowledgement or appreciation of who created it. Others will take the words of Krishna and his pure devotees and try to twist them and exploit them for their own agenda.
>>
>>19245599
Any experience as a bramachari? Thinking of becoming one myself in Alachua Gaudiya Math
>>
>>19245599
what makes a perfect yogi different from the average person
>>
>>19245651
His or her consciousness is absorbed in Gods name, form qualities and activities rather than the mundane pleasures of the material realm
>>
>>19245659
talk to me like I'm five bro, idk what this means desu
>>
>>19245672
He is always thinking of Krsna and never forgets him for a moment.
>>
>>19245701
b-but I thought yoga was about transcending the mind
>>
>>19245709
No, it is about engaging the mind, body and senses in service of the divine and thus purifying them.
>>
>>19245712
why do you explain things so cryptically?
>>
>>19245730
Don't mean to be cryptic, bhakti yoga is actually quite practical. In effect this could mean looking at the deity form of Radha Krsna, hearing his holy names and bhajans, tasting food and smelling flowers offered to God, etc.
>>
>>19245748
that sounds lame, man. what about the bliss everyone is always talking about?
>>
>>19245757
As Krsna and his name are non different chanting nama puts one in direct contact. Once purified the living entity can obtain direct association with Radha Krsna and engage in eternal pastimes within the spiritual world.
>>
>>19245775
Yeah bro no disrespect but I'm getting the feeling you've just read a bunch of books on this stuff and haven't actually directly experienced it
>>
>>19245784
Never taken darshan of Radha Krsna face to face but have experienced many ecstatic symptoms resulting from spiritual practice as described in scripture.
>>
>>19245793
Oh cool. through meditation right?
>>
File: krishna kaliya.jpg (1MB, 2000x1296px)
krishna kaliya.jpg
1MB, 2000x1296px
>>19245641
It is a very intense time. Bramacarya is standing directly in the fires of purification. If pursuing Krishna Consciousness is scrubbing a deck clean, taking on bramacari status is like using a power washer to clean the deck. I was not a good bramacari. My mind was still too attached to sex, intoxicants, and moreso than either of those - the internet. It's not for everyone, wasn't for me, but I wouldn't trade my experience and the advancement I made during that time for anything. Like basic training: it's rough, but if you can do it then it's absolutely worth it.

>>19245651
Essentially, the person's awareness/consciousness and their identity. If you like I can list a number of passages detailing symptoms/traits or a pure soul.

>>19245730
Yoga can be reasonably translated as "union." It is similar to the word religion (religare = to bind fast, though there is some contention on this origin http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=religion) and has a similar Indoeuropean root as the word yoke(http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?allowed_in_frame=0&search=yoke). The different processes of yoga are all meant to reconnect/bind the self to the Absolute TRuth, no matter how your particular tradition and philosophy defines that Absolute Truth. Most forms of yoga accept that the self is different than the physical body, as well as the astral mind/intelligence, and the false sense of identity with mind&body. Some forms of yoga recommend rejecting all use of the body/mind in order to realize the self is separate from these things. Other practices think this is "throwing the baby out with the bathwater," and recommend utilizing the body and mind under strict regulation so as to elevate the self instead of further bind it to the conception that mind/body=self.
>>
>>19245757
> Bg 10.9 — The thoughts of My pure devotees dwell in Me, their lives are fully devoted to My service, and they derive great satisfaction and bliss from always enlightening one another and conversing about Me.

This conversation is not blissful to you? This shit is what I live for.

>>19245784
If you mean the joy and bliss of Krishna consciousness, of serving Krishna in devotion - then I absolutely have. If you mean "advanced" levels of consciousness where the mind is under control and focused on Krishna constantly, or even higher the ecstasies of prema where one's awareness is completely on the personality of Krishna and a person seemingly loses external awareness or any of the things you would consider mystical - then no, I have never felt that.

I have felt the bliss of a mother raising her kids, who goes through hell to help people that never seem to appreciate her. Why? Because a mother is lovingly devoted to her children.

I have felt the bliss of a director fighting stars and techies and producers and everyone else just to eek out a telling of a story that used to be my gem, but is now some mutated form of design-by-committee. All to be critiqued and lambasted by an audience that just wants explosions and tits, or exploding tits. Why? Because a director is lovingly devoted to his art.

The lbiss of bhakti yoga might not seem to be material enjoyment and happiness to you. It is longer lasting than that. It is unaffected by material misery. It doesn't mean you'll never be stressed. It means your stress will be blissful, and will strengthen your love.
>>
>>19245839
>It doesn't mean you'll never be stressed. It means your stress will be blissful, and will strengthen your love

"I wish that all those calamities would happen again and again so that we could see You again and again, for seeing You means that we will no longer see repeated births and deaths."
>>
>>19245807
How long did you spend in the temple? What were your day to day activities like?
>>
>>19245867
The prayers of Queen Kunti. This was a woman talking to the god who had just engineered the death of her (reluctantly abandoned) firstborn son Karna at the hands of her fourth-born son Arjuna. Queen Kunti had married a blind man, and upon hearing of her husband's calamity she immediately bound her own eyes and from that moment lived as blindly as her husband. Keep in mind that Vedic marriage was arranged at a very young age - 5 or so, though consummation was much later. Queen Kunti is the sister of Vasudeva, the father of Krishna, and the mother of Karna and the three eldest of the five Pandavas. All glories to Queen Kunti, who showed us how to humble ourselves in love. All glories to Queen Kunti, who reminds us that the metric for what is favorable is whether it brings us closer to Krishna.
>>
>>19245919
I lived about three years in temple. I took care of the plants and general grounds, along with manning a register for the restaurant we maintained three nights a week. Once a month it was my duty to lead the Sunday congregational talk. I was also the closest our temple had to a graphics designer, so any posters, flyers, printables, and our website were maintained by me. I was a younger member of the temple so I also had the "frontman" duty for the college outreach and interfaith club activities. Through all of this is book distribution: going out and knocking on doors, approaching people in public areas, basically cold-seeling or "giving away books and """"asking"""" for donations."

If you can't tell, I do not like book distribution. I find it accosting to people (which is kinda the point, waking them up from delusion and all that), and I think these days it does more harm than good. It's good for the soul though - you have to be very humble, very selfless to do book distribution. Me, I'm too lenient. We have eternity, if people want to waste time bothering with the material then let them. Let me focus on those seeking.

But this is not how a devotee thinks. This is my own mind.

>>19245923
>Keep in mind that Vedic marriage was arranged at a very young age - 5 or so, though consummation was much later.
Thinking back on the story, this has to be wrong. Kunti was old enough to serve Durvasa Muni, getting the boons to summon Devas and bear their child. I need to read this tale again. She didn't have an arranged marriage either, wiki says she had a swayamvara. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swayamvara)
>>
>>19245923
What's your state of consciousness like on a day to day basis, and how pleasing is actually chanting itself for you?

I still get restless during japa even after two months of practicing
>>
>>19245983
Curious at life, mostly content, argumentative as my tendency is to be a contrarian, being around people too long can frustrate my introverted/reclusive/socially anxious mind as well, I am regretful of missed opportunities and some choices, but overall would say my life has been a decent one.

My Krishna consciousness is almost purely on a jnana level. I "know" Krishna is here, and I can think of the connections and applications all the time, but it isn't sinking into the "real me" as I still wallow in aparadhas - both as symptom and as cause. The largest material benefit I've seen is Krishna Consciousness has helped me work through my bipolar disorder. To understand that the highs and lows were not ME, but my mind has helped more than any therapist or medication to let me weather the storms with determination and equanimity.

I chant my sixteen rounds, but feel no motivation to set a higher standard. when I chant, I feel a calmness set in, a zeroing of the mind on the mantra. The world doesn't fade for me, but it becomes a subset of the attention I give to my japa. I have, however, never found a way to get my body to sit still for japa. Especially lotus position makes my lower back and hips SCREAM. I have found it more beneficial for this body to simply walk - either around the block or around the temple - and not focus on trying to sit still (taking attention away from Krishna). I feel I can walk for days without concern - as long as there are no obstacles - but with sitting I have to put a large bit of my mind and attention on not fidgeting.

I need to head out for a few hours. I hope the thread is here later, and that people are enjoying this.
>>
>>19243540
lol

u mad Ive had a buzz cut for 12 years and a swastika tattoo for 17 years.
>>
File: problematic.jpg (446KB, 1050x700px) Image search: [Google]
problematic.jpg
446KB, 1050x700px
>>19245651
Every perception is imbued with bliss. Its called Turiyatita.
>>
>>19245748
Path of bhakti (devotion) is easiest but some of us are cunts so need to take the long way of jnana (knowledge).
>>
>>19245807
>I like you Krishna fucks!

t. Saivite
>>
>>19245983
>two months of practicing

lol respond after a decade.
>>
Poo in Loo
>>
Return bump.

>>19246691
Thank you. The impersonal paths generally have much greater demands on the body for the sincere seeker. Much props to your dedication.

>"This human form of body, it is very rarely obtained. It is not to be misused. That is the first knowledge. But people are not educated in that way. They are encouraged that, go on sense enjoyment: 'Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy'. Some rascal comes, so he also says, 'All right, go on, enjoy. Simply meditate for fifteen minutes'. But actually, this body is not meant for aggravating sense enjoyment. We require sense enjoyment because that is a demand of the body. If we want to keep body in healthy condition, then the demands of the body—eating, sleeping, mating, and defending—must be provided. But it should not be aggravated. Therefore in the human form of life, tapasya. Tapasya means austerity, penance, vows. These are the teachings of all scriptures." - Srila Prabhupada, talk in Montreal
>>
What would you guys recommend as a good book to get into this stuff? I know pretty much nothing.
>>
>>19249809
Five minute vid of Prabhupada giving the short short hand of our philosophy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYxOWgjhygM

Here is a 9 page essay expanding on the topic by the same Srila Prabhupada:
http://files.krishna.com/en/pdf/e-books/Krsna_the_Reservoir_of_Pleasure.pdf

And from there, I recommend the Bhagavad-Gita, although I would recommend reading the texts in their entirety before delving into the commentaries. Here is the translation and commentary by Prabhupada:
https://www.vedabase.com/en/bg
You can compare his commentaries to the Vaishnava acaryas' commentaries here:
http://www.bhagavad-gita.org/Gita/verse-01-01.html

From there, you can either look into the Srimad Bhagavatam and Chaitanya Caritamrita or Chaitanya Bhagavat, which are quite long, or you can check out the Isa Upanishad or the Bhakti Rasamrita Sindhu (Nectar of Devotion).
>>
Real question, what makes Hinduism that much more authentic to you guys than any other religion? Is it because they have more superpowered omnipotent beings in their mythos than the entirety of Dragonball Z? Is it the lore that's more convoluted than Metal Gear Solid?
>>
>>19250837
hang yourself my dude
>>
>>19250866
No because if I did my rank in the caste system would go down by like 50 points and I don't want that.
>>
>>19250899
True hindu adepts think the caste system is a meme, because it is
>>
>>19250837
I feel Gaudiya Vaishnavism has the best form of Personalism (the Absolute Truth is a Person; this is monotheism, henotheism, panentheism, deism, etc.). I think it's approach to the problem of evil is not seen often within such traditions. I prefer the understanding of an eternal, uncreated soul as this removes the issue of transferable original sin as well as the concept that a limited lifetime somehow decides your eternal fate.

I could go on, but the main point is that it FEELS right to me. I see a lot of similarity between a person's religion and a person's diet. There are many different types, and even people following the same type of diet won't do it exactly the same. No diet is universally best, and any diet can be successful as long as the result of a healthy body is produced. In the same way, if you are developing a healthy spirituality (an understanding of what reality is, who you are, and your place/purpose within reality) then you have the right religion. So what is a healthy spirituality? The Gita offers this as a list of traits:

> Bg 14.22-25 — The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: O son of Pāṇḍu, he who does not hate illumination, attachment and delusion when they are present or long for them when they disappear; who is unwavering and undisturbed through all these reactions of the material qualities, remaining neutral and transcendental, knowing that the modes alone are active; who is situated in the self and regards alike happiness and distress; who looks upon a lump of earth, a stone and a piece of gold with an equal eye; who is equal toward the desirable and the undesirable; who is steady, situated equally well in praise and blame, honor and dishonor; who treats alike both friend and enemy; and who has renounced all material activities – such a person is said to have transcended the modes of nature.

This isn't describing one religion, it's describing the result of any good religion.
>>
>>19250957
>>19250972

Yes, but saying the caste system is a meme is pretty much like someone of Abrahamic faith saying Hell is just a meme.

That's what always gets me, complete detachment of all worldly materialism is what truly enlightens yet lower castes are branded as anathema while it seems upper castes are privvy to only associate amongst their own status. If Bg 14.22-25 were actually acknowledged, wouldn't the highest of the caste seek out the kindest, most understanding lowest of the caste who has nothing and is absolutely fine with that to become their teacher, wife, husband or mentor as they most truly would be the enlightened? You can poke holes in every religion, but the fact of the matter is that the whole caste thing is an absolute hypocritical element to what enlightenment means.

It's innate worldly success and materialism of the highest order at the top when enlightenment seems to be the complete antithesis of that.
>>
>>19250837
Well for me religion or spirituality in general is not a question of blind faith but a systematic investigation of what is reality.

I was born Christian and turned atheist because the conception of God I had at the time felt incompatible with actual life. I tried psychedelics for the first time and then turned to Buddhism after realizing the ability to expand consciousness and started just studying consciousness. From there I found Krishna, which I realized was highest, and that the personal expansion of the truth is higher than the impersonal and void conceptions of the truth that Buddhism offered.
>>
>>19251095
you can spend time worrying about retarded vestiges that brahmins pulled out their ass to ensure their societal supremacy however many thousands of years ago, or you can focus on enlightenment. your choice.
>>
File: Hanuman_1a.jpg (137KB, 600x898px)
Hanuman_1a.jpg
137KB, 600x898px
What's up what's up what's uuuuuup!?
>>
>>19251095
Caste is not a meme (well, not just), it is a corruption. The original system was to determine a person's societal duties through observation of their natural traits and tendencies, not just by looking at who their parents are. Look at texts 18.41-45 to how the Gita describes the different castes.

>complete detachment of all worldly materialism is what truly enlightens
Not exactly, but close enough to pass over for the main point.
>lower castes are branded as anathema while it seems upper castes are privvy to only associate amongst their own status
It's the corrupting influence of false ego. I am this group, thus this group is superior. Like the head thinking it's more important than the stomach.
>wouldn't the highest of the caste seek out the kindest, most understanding lowest of the caste who has nothing and is absolutely fine with that to become their teacher, wife, husband or mentor as they most truly would be the enlightened?
Wouldn't the highest caste seek to provide help and guidance to all the rest, regardless of the student's caste? Why presume the poorest are not just as materialistic as the richest? Or just as spiritual?
>the whole caste thing is an absolute hypocritical element to what enlightenment means.
>It's innate worldly success and materialism of the highest order at the top when enlightenment seems to be the complete antithesis of that.
While Brahman realization brings one to a view of equanimity, it does not mean that distinction is lost. Self-realization is about losing the identifying connection to the material, not trying to force an equality onto the variegated material manifestations. Enlightenment isn't saying a brahman is the same as sudra; enlightenment is understanding the PERSON in each position is the same, that a soul in a brahman's body is equal to the soul in a sudra's body even though one material situation can be seen as better than another.
>>
>>19251891
>determine a person's societal duties through observation of their natural traits and tendencies
Ain't nobody got time for that. Even if they did, it'd be someone whose natural talent was natural talent spotting.

Ain't nobody got time for that.
>>
>>19251911
It's specialization. All civilization structures have it to some degree. Even societies that attempt to be classless end up with higher and lower castes. The main problem is the imposition of class due to birth, the lack of mobility within the system, and of course the justification of oppression.

But the real shortcut is just to say that in Kali Yuga everyone is practically sudra or lower anyway, so the caste system is unrecoverable and we should stop imposing it and simply focus on our devotion to Krishna.
>>
File: holy spirit.jpg (300KB, 800x854px)
holy spirit.jpg
300KB, 800x854px
>>19251178
>i found that impersonal mang
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.