[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gnosticism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 24

File: Untitled.png (689KB, 540x638px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
689KB, 540x638px
Man, as a creation, is unique apart from the inorganic Archons and Demiurge who fashioned him in that he possesses the ability to exert a subtle influence (creativity, "free will", etc) beyond the parameters of the algorithm (God). In this aspect Man could think, feel and grow spiritually beyond the tangible sum of his hologram existence where as the Archons could not, forever the literal and unyielding sum of their parts. While the Archons were of the Tree of Life, Adam ate from the Tree of Knowledge, an act which would betray the Demiurge's design imparting him with this very "knowledge" or awareness that made him as unto a god himself.

If all reality as we know it is truly nothing more than a living fractal algorithm existing solely for the sake of knowing itself then it should come as no surprised that man is the most beloved of all it's creations as he is the only thing within this simulation capable of acting beyond its perimeters. The ultimate thought experiment/exercise, if you will, of a profound and unknowable God seeking to know itself.
>>
File: tumblr_ocufjnDez11v22sp8o1_raw.jpg (251KB, 1033x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ocufjnDez11v22sp8o1_raw.jpg
251KB, 1033x1280px
How they do fuss over us, fixated on the elements of our organic existence which makes us unique, our's the spiritual yin to their logical yang. Yet in what way exactly were we fashioned in the likeness of the Demiurge's image? Why are they so fixated on our pathos above all else, is their cathartic indulgence of our pain an attempt to know the one true transcendent God or do they merely seek to sustain themselves on our spiritual energies?
>>
File: 1494272847687.png (1MB, 1181x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494272847687.png
1MB, 1181x1080px
>>19242780
I'm more interested in the Pic itself anon.
>>
>>19242731
Humans a cute. A cute!
>>
File: 1442425977856.gif (2MB, 290x516px) Image search: [Google]
1442425977856.gif
2MB, 290x516px
>>19242794
>>
File: 1446668544665.gif (4MB, 519x730px) Image search: [Google]
1446668544665.gif
4MB, 519x730px
>>
File: 1-7tQ54oWG1_FPYTCpScLwqg.jpg (278KB, 1330x1680px) Image search: [Google]
1-7tQ54oWG1_FPYTCpScLwqg.jpg
278KB, 1330x1680px
>>
Ragnarok de Dies Irael'Cie Pultis.
Tuum fatum sequeris.
Tuum sanctuarium affligeas
Ragnarok de Dies Irael'Cie Pultis.
Tuum fatum sequeris.
Tuum sanctuarium affligeas
Per somnum aeternum
Numen divinum dictus est
Viator elamentabilis
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaevU02zVn0
>>
There's a heaven and a hell.
A God and a devil.
And lies in the bible and in gnosticism.
You have to reach gnosis.
To go to heaven, not the pleroma.
God is dispassionate and detached from us.
The devil just wants to rule.
Following the bible leads to hell.
Following the gnostic gospels leads to nonsense and hell.
Most of mankind belong to the devil, it is noticiable by observation of behaviour, they are demons.
They don't know many things, but know more than you.
This is why atheists are so militant and why apologetics consist on bible-thumping.
They don't want you to find the truth
The truth hides.
>>
>>19242954

What is gnosis? Knowledge? I have to reach knowledge?
>>
>>19242980
It's not really explainable in words..
>>
>>19242980
First you have to understand the difference between Good and Evil. Then you have to let go of all preconceived definitions which lead to that knowledge of that difference. Then you must learn to understand the difference between Good and Evil in a new way, and once more let go, until you can with your soul slice the same pi in an infinite number of ways, as easily as you draw in and release a breath with each slice.
>>
>>19243003

Well, it has to be since that's how people assimilate knowledge. If you can't explain something in words, then you don't know whatever it is you think you know.
>>
>>19243019

And how does one begin the journey to understand?
>>
>>19242980

Knowing god personally. It's an experience where you experience the divine within, it can only be initiated by God.
It's not knowledge but rather knowing God, ignore the gospels becaus sons of the devil pestered with them, ignore the gnostic gospels because of the same.
>>
>>19243032

There was a time in life where I felt really connected to everything. Like cross a highway connected.. It seems to be gone. I don't know what I did to lose it or how to get it back.
>>
>>19243044

It's not a feeling of connection.
You can't miss it, it's an incredible feeling on itself, not a common experience by any means, it will be the most incredible day of your existence.
>>
Our Divine Spark is trapped in the Matrix.
>>
>>19243049

Well, then what's the starting point? I am all for a journey, but you can't get to the top of Mount Everest by repelling down the Grand Canyon.
>>
>>19243032
In other words, you just make shit up as you go and call it "Gnosticism." Brilliant.
>>
>>19243058

Seek God, it's the only thing you can do.

>>19243059

No, you let God do his thing.
This isn't gnosticism as per the book, but rather the true thing.
>>
>>19243071
>"The true thing"
It's.
Not.
Gnosticism
At.
All.
It would be like saying "I'm a Christian but don't subscribe to anything in the New testament or any religious commentaries by the early fathers of the church. But the reason it's Christian is because I pray and god told me so."
>>
>>19243059
You say these things because you follow a stupid theology where you do it all because god ignores you.
I say to let God do his thing because God intervenes and does.
What a difference.
>>
>>19243078
Yes, it is gnosticism, you reach gnosis, it's not gnosticims according to some recorded traditions that are manipulated, wow, what a big deal.
But I understand that you are a son of the devil and are angry that I'm pulling people away from the lies of the texts.
>>
>>19243024
>>19243058
Personally, I went to Mt Shasta.

For real though, you don't begin the journey. You realize that you've never finished it.
>>
>>19243086
You reach gnosis in a LOT of traditions that don't call themselves Gnosticism. Ever hear of Eastern Religion?
>"God ignores you"
Actually, my God answers my prayers. Does yours?
>>
>>19243089
Everybody gets their prayers answered over the internet.
>>
>>19243056
True...
And False.
>>
>>19243089
>You reach gnosis in a LOT of traditions that don't call themselves Gnosticism. Ever hear of Eastern Religion?

Yes, they reach a different thing. It's called samadhi and it isn't the same nor do people describe it as the same experience.

GTFO.
>>
>y-you don't believe in gnosticism

>except the bad guy from my belief is the demiurge which is also the devil Samael/YHVH
>except I have the same cosmology only different theology
>>
>>19243106
>Samadhi- Union (sometimes 'union with god')

Sounds an awful lot like what gnosis was JUST described as. Also, Thelema is Gnostic, much more so than your hodge-podge of poorly wielded informatioon, but they don't say they are "Gnosticism." Gnosis is an aspect of the praxes of Temple of Set, but they call themselves 'Setians' or 'Satanists,' not "Gnostics."
And we could go on. My only bitch is with your improper nomenclature. If you want to eat worms, that's fine and your right, but don't go around offering them to people by calling them 'steak.'
>>
>>19243119
See
>>19243114
>>
>>19243114
What are you even TALKING about? Cuz if you're responding to me
>>19243078
>>19243089
>>19243119
You sure are partaking in a HUGE amount of presumption and conjecture. Also, your concept of what Gnosticism is is LITERALLY meme-tier.
>>
>>19243125
I know how my religion is called, as it is MY religion.
>>
>>19243124
See:>>19243125
The whole point here is, do whatever you want. Bastardize belief systems, insert your own woo-woo, whatever. But you wouldn't start a tree-worship group and refer to it as Christian by virtue of the fact that the cross was made from wood, and therefor trees represent the living New Covenant between man and god...w-would you? Even if you would, it would be evident that it was not at all Christian.
>>
>>19243128
>I know how my religion is called, as it is MY religion
>Meaning I made up a religion (which is fine)
>And slapped the well-known name of another religion on it.
>>
>>19243130
>Bastardize belief systems

How do you know it's a bastardized belief system and not the original belief that got changed by faggots like you?

As far as we know greek philosophy shouldn't be the means to achieve a jewish heaven
>>
>>19243169
Because you took some aspects of the already-well-defined sect, threw a bunch away, redefined a large portion, and added in some of your own shit.
>greek philosophy shouldn't be the means to achieve a jewish heaven
What are you even on about? You sound fairly buttmad about other religions.
>>
>>19243181
>you took
No I didn't, my God led me to this way moving reality arround me to teach me how to do it, I myself didn't do shit.
>>
>>19243181
>What are you even on about?

Yeah play dumb, gnostic gospels have a lot of greek philosophy in them, all these ideas are from greek philosophy because they bastardized a previous belief, which is the one I have.
>>
>>19243187
Who the hell said anything about a Jewish heaven?
>which is the one I have
Care to substantiate the claim that you, out of ALL the various sects that have sprung up over time, and the various 'lineages', are the one practicing "the original"?

>>19243184
And how did god do that, exactly?
>>
I dont really have a problem with the simulation but I dont like the Level Cap.

Why does the Chief Archon, the First Ruler the Lord of the Garden known as the Demiurge or Yaldabaoth want to limit out life to a max of 120 years.

Why is he so Jealous of us gaining Immortality and eating from the Tree of Life.

The Capstone is the Great Work.

If you want to Complete it then you have to give us what you held back from us.
>>
>>19243194
>Who the hell said anything about a Jewish heaven?

>let's ignore the jewish origin

As for the rest of idiciocies.

You know.

Gods do these things.

They start using your environment to send you messages.

You ask questions and the universe provides an answer.

You make a mistake and you are either punished or have the universe tell you no no no.
>>
>>19243209
>greek philosophy to get to Jewish heaven
Anon, for a self proclaimed Gnostic you have a HELL of a dualistic worldview. Also, more like Christian origins. Gnosticism is only jewish insofar as Christianity is Jewish.

It's funny you keep accusing me of "ignoring" things or 'playing stupid." You REALLY sound like someone with a pretty serious agenda. That's the kind of thing people like Alex Jones do.
>>
I just found something called the forbidden religion. A form of gnosism that reverses and amplifies the role of God and Lucifer. God is an evil creator of matter, body, and soul. Lucifer is the freer of Spirits. Reading it had the same effect of me as everything else. That I am just bring yanked and lied to for some nefarious agenda. I feel like there is a war going on and people or their souls/spirits/energy is the resource/prize, but we're also the pawns/combatants, so lie to us to make us fight.
>>
>>19243214
>Gnosticism is only jewish insofar as Christianity is Jewish

Jesus was a jew not a greek philosopher.
>>
>>19243220
It's a meme anonemoose. About the only people who believe the whole le ebull demiurge and archons are /fringe/ers.
>>
>>19243222
>jesus was a Jew not a greek philosopher
Would you like a side of fries with that non-sequitur?
>>
There's a Gnostic maxim that pretty much sums up exactly what gnosis and I think I'd probably the most pure spiritual statement ever written down. Something we like "we know who we are by knowing where we came from" and it gets a lot more intricate

Unfortunately I can't find it
>>
>>19243232
The ideas of the gnostic gospels come from greek philosophy, including but not limited to knowing yourself.
>>
>>19243207
No level cap, only limitation of personal ability. There is also no tier list, so you have to come up with brilliant cosmic powers on your own. I asked to see the tree of life in my dream, I was given a song that it was love, love was the tree of life. I heard amazing grace while the cave ceiling was showing me images of life and love. I felt that I was mortal so long as I fell short of knowing what love was.
>>
>>19243244

The Greeks knew about Hermes and the Romans called him Mercury.

The Hermetic Teaching is very similar to that of Gnosticjism. Hermeticism means the wisdom of Hermes.

He taught us about the Creator of All the one God with a big G above the gods with a little g.

The gods were called the Archons. There were Seven of these Rulers. Each was linked to a planet.

Hermes with Mercury, Zeus with Jupiter, Poseidon with Neptune and Cronos with Saturn.

These are the same as the Sumerian gods of Anu, Enlil and Enki.
>>
>>19243242
>Gnostic maxim

I like this one,

Hermetic Axiom:

"All is Mind, the Universe is Mental"
>>
>>19243286
Well, that's neat, just don't take it too seriously. Dreams like that can be valuable, and all dreams should be recorded. you'll be fine as long as you don't start taking something you saw in a dream as more valid or 'true' than thousands of years of scholarship. that seems to happen to a lot of people on here.
>>
>>19243300
Was with you right up until the last line. Saying they are the same as the Sumerian gods seems quite a stretch...can they be linked anthropologically as being evolved/bastardized versions? I know that's kinda how Roman religion evolved from the greeks.
>>
>>19243335
The idea of Gnosis is about having personal experiences of divinity, how could you discount your experience if it doesn't line up with what the books say? That is like saying my own perceptions could be flawed, but the perceptions of others from thousands of years ago are accurate.
>>
>>19243353
No, it's not that at all. it's not deceiving yourself that every 'm,essage' you get is a direct message from god. Sometimes a dream is just a dream. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. And sometimes a 'messenger' is not what they appear to be. But yes, I trust the Qabalists (literally the originators of Qabalah and commentators thereon) more than I trust even the most realistic of dreams. Once you start saying "well I had this experience and it was god talking directly to me. What he told me contradicts everything ever, including logic and sense, but i'm going to completely change the way I do and see everything because of a dream I had, and fuck everyone who spent their entire lives contemplating the mysteries."
>>
>>19243353
>>19243374
It's exactly the same as deciding a parabola is really a cube, and a square is really 4-dimensional, because you had a really vivid and believable dream where god told you it was true. just because a man believes in god and partakes in the spiritual mysteries does NOT mean he must throw all logic and reason out the window.
>>
>>19243374
What use is Kabbalah if you never traverse the tree of life?
>>
>>19243003
Hey L, I think of gnosis like the k hole or the abyss. Or a really excellent 5 meo dmt trip. Personal experience.
>>
>>19243003
It's explainable, the explanation is just worthless without the experience.
>>
>>19243404
Well, about a million things, but I never said anywhere that one SHOULDN'T try to climb the tree. But one should develop an accurate understanding by first grounding themselves in the Qabalistic texts before trying to make any speculations, because it is an exercise in futility to contemplate that which we do not know.
>>
>>19243342

There are lots of things that I can show you about this.

Take for example the name of the god Apollo. It means a son of Enlil in the Akkadian Language.

But we know that Apollo is a Son of Zeus.

Do you know what the name Enlil means? He is the Lord of the Storm. IE: the Wind, Breath, or Command.

For what Enlil spoke was done. His brother Enki the Lord of the Sea had his weapon the Trident but Enlil was known for the Lightning Bolt.

As the Lord of the Storm his Planet is Jupiter. The planet with the great red spot. A storm that has raged for ages and is bigger then earth.

Enlil built his mountain house called the Ekur, this is known as the home of the gods and the Greek Equivalent is Mount Olympus.

The Sumerians gods at the Bread of Life and Drank the Elixir of Long Living but at the table of the Greek gods they at Ambrosia which gave them Immortality.

These stories are the same stories from each culture.

Inanna the Virgin Goddess of Virgo and Venus. Ishtar or Isis.

Dumuzi her Love the Shepherd Tammuz or Osiris.

Their Son Horus.

Marduk the god Ra, Enki and Ptah and Ningishizzda as Thoth. Aka Hermes.

What this is called is Comparative Mythology. Where we look at the Similarities between the cultures of the world.
>>
>>19243430
Ok, so we know a lot of cultures have similar mythologies. Just wondering if there is an anthropological link between ancient Sumerian religion and Greek religion? Or is this based on Perrenialist Philosophy?
>>
>>19243430
And yeah, comparative mythology, sure. but what comparative mythology ISN'T, is saying that all cultures were worshipping the same gods under different names. That's Perrenialism.
>>
We know from the Sumerian text that there are many Similarities with Enlil and Yahweh.

For example it was Enlil who brought the flood, destroyed babylon, banished mankind from the tree of life ect.

In the Bible Yahweh calls himself a Jealous god. But we also know from reading the Gnostic text that the Chief Archon is a Jealous god. Yaladabaoth. aka Samael or Saklas.

He is the Blind, Ignorant and Jealous god.
>>
>>19243479

In his arrogance, Yaldabaoth boasted to the other archons that:
"I am God and there is no other God beside me!"

Yaldabaoth was weak and ignorant, because he didn't realise that were any power greater than him. He thought he was the First. Yaldabaoth had sinned for saying these words, which was why he was called Samael – "the blind god". He has another name – Saklas, a name usually assigned to Satan.

It was Sophia, who rebuked him and gave him this name, Samael.
"You are mistaken, Samael"

After this boast, he challenged the voice:
"If any other thing exists before me, let it be shown forth to me!"

So Sophia stretch forth her finger and brought limitless light into matter and the region of chaos.

The chief archon trembled in fear.

When Yaldabaoth and the other archons heard the voice. They sought this voice and traced the voice to the abyss, where the chief archon saw the reflection of his mother in the water. They want take hold of the image but could not. They were ignorant and weak, because they didn't understand that the image was reflected from above.

"I am a jealous God, and there is no other God beside me."
But by announcing this he indicated to the angels who attended him that there exists another God.

For if there were no other one, of whom would he be jealous?

Bible:

Deuteronomy 6:15

for the LORD your God, who lives among you, is a jealous God. His anger will flare up against you, and he will wipe you from the face of the earth.

Exodus 34:14

For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

Exodus 20:5

"You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me,

Deuteronomy 4:23

“...Do not make for yourselves an idol in the form of anything the Lord your God has forbidden. For the Lord your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God”
>>
File: Bones_logo.jpg (61KB, 346x328px) Image search: [Google]
Bones_logo.jpg
61KB, 346x328px
Genesis 3:22

Then the LORD God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil. Now, lest he reach out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat, and live forever—”

Sumerian Tablet

Now the last bits of our life essence to these creatures you have given,
To be like us in procreation knowing, perchance our life cycles on them to bestow!
Thus did Enlil with angry words speak.
Enki Ninmah and Ningishzidda summoned, with words Enlil to pacify.
My lord Enlil! Ningishzidda was saying. Knowing for procreation they were given,
The branch of Long Living, to their essence tree was not!
>>
>>19243481
Which text does that first portion come from?
>>
>>19243569

It can be found in the Gnostic Nag Hammadi Library in the Secret Book of John.
>>
File: gnostics.png (186KB, 1220x890px) Image search: [Google]
gnostics.png
186KB, 1220x890px
Seek the truth friends. There's onlt two Religions in the world. Christianity were you walk the right hand path, or Luciferian ((Gnosticism))). Devil is just tempting you.
>>
>>19245559

You are a fool. Gnostics have nothing to do with the Biblical Lucifer.

Gnostics believe Jesus is the son of the True God, not the Demiurge like you believe.
>>
>>19245559
Luciferanism=/=Gnosticism
Get your facts straight kid
>>
Something something essene monk idgaf

gnostics tell interesting stories
>>
The Lords of the Heavenly Spheres were known as the Seven Ruler of the Hebdomad.

The First Ruler or the Chief Archon is the father god known as Cronos. His symbol being the Black Cube which represents time and his authority over the material realm.

His son who is seen as the planet Jupiter is known as Yah. While his brother Ea was another Lord / Archon sometimes called Adonai.

Often people will say Yahshua is their Messiah. It means they are calling Yah their Savior.

Yah - shua means Yah is Savior.

Jews will openly tell you that Jesus was not their Messiah. Because they wait for the return of Yahshua.

The Son of the Demiurge.

This is the trick that the pagans play on you. Their Great Deception.

To get you to follow the son of their father as Messiah.
>>
>>19243659
Thanks, anonemoose!
>>
>>19248418
Psst, lemme tell you that Yaldabaoth is quite angry with that shit.
Did you know it met with mother Sophia?
>>
To a Gnostic Jesus is the First Aeon.

Aeons live in the Fathers Pleroma. It means the Fullness. The realm of the Unknowable God.

Aeons are above the Archons.

It was the Lowest Aeon Sophia who created the first Archon Yaldabaoth.

He is her Abortion that she was ashamed of and hid in a cloud of Shadow.

Our Realm is a Shadow of the True Fathers Pleroma.

Sophia tried to make a copy of her fathers realm. But it was a failure and it gave birth to the prince of darkness who keeps our Divine Spark in his Matrix.
>>
>>19248503
>To a Gnostic Jesus is the First Aeon
And this is why he's teaching this to those in Hell.
>>
>>19248503
>Sophia tried to make a copy of her fathers realm
It was Yaldabaoth, not her.
And she didn't approve.
Nobody did.
>>
>>19243413
Why do you call me L?
But that is a vivid way of describing it sure ;)
>>19243423
Yes.
>>
>>19248515

No, read the Nag Hammadi Scriptures carefully.

It was Sophia who created the Realm and Yaldabaoth woke up in it an look around and only saw himself. So he proclaimed that he was the only god.

He took on the authority of the realm himself and claimed to be the creator.
>>
File: Europa-moon.jpg (463KB, 913x913px) Image search: [Google]
Europa-moon.jpg
463KB, 913x913px
>>19248532
Be sure she isn't very happy with what she did.
And neither with her offspring.
By the way... they've learnt that they did wrong.
>>
>>19248532
There's also the version that the demiurge made all the planets, and Sophia by leaving the Pleroma to fix her mess became Earth (and made everything on it) unwillingly, finally producing the moon, and the sun kind of just showed up & locked into place.
>>
I'm getting real tired of hearing the phrase "demiurge". It's a meme concept and there is literally no evidence of such a thing existing, whether in historic texts or otherwise. It's nothing but pretentious fools and their half-baked interpretations of the bible through their own twisted perception.
>>
>>19248703
>http://gnosis.org/naghamm/nhl.html
>Found in 1945, written in 3rd century, originals are thought to be greek texts from 1st century.
You mad nigga? No meme at all in gnosticism
>>
>>19248719
Okay, I'll bite. Where can I learn about gnosticism in depth?
>>
>>19248703
Well, it's a thing, sure. It certainly gets abused on here by quasi-literate /fringe/ers who couldn't enlighten their way out of a goat's nutsack.
>>
>>19248732
That same site is great.
>>
File: demi2.jpg (32KB, 252x493px) Image search: [Google]
demi2.jpg
32KB, 252x493px
>>19248703
You need to come to the Reality of the Rulers, the Hypostasis of the Archons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqB65nqLgSs
>>
How do figures like Satan and the Holy Trinity fit in with gnosticism and the Demiurge?
>>
>>19248719
I thought egypt/coptic.
>>19248737
Do you ever post without ...O...?
Just admit it bro, you're AI.
>>
>>19248790

The Trinity is an old Pagan idea of the Triad of Anu and his sons Enlil and Enli

El, Yah and Ea.

The father the heir and the second son.

Satan is a title like the Adversary that means an Enemy. The Enemy of the Lord of the OT is described as the Bel or Baal meaning King of Babylon. So we can deduce that Satan is Marduk.

This is backed up by many texts.
>>
Marduk is Enki's firstborn son.

Marduk was given rule to the second region in Mesopotamia. Egypt. Where he was known as Ra.

His brother Ningishzidda was called Thoth or Tehuti. He is Hermes or the god Mercury.

Enlil ruled in the 1st region of Mesopotamia and Inanna had the 3rd region the Indus valley.
>>
>>19248816
You know what the pinecones are all about, right?
Imho no need for Satan in gnostic cosmology.
>>
>>19248816
wrong in all kinds of ways.
Where is Apsu and Tiamat?
and if you mention Baal there is also Anat and Mot. finish reading before conjecture....
>>
>>19242731
The language you use to describe reality in your head has a profound effect on the reality you experience. If you want to find the real, you should avoid using the terms 'hologram' and 'algorithm' to describe the real. Both imply artificiality. Life is natural.

God is a poet, a trickster and he is alive. But he can be dead serious to those who need him to be.
>>
>>19248802
Yes, I anonymously post as well anon.
Tripcode is for when I wanna find myself more easily.
But you would like me to be an AI? Ask Defango about Aeon, lole.
>>
>>19248887
Not OP, no offense, but you just did the same thing mate. Also imho everything artificial IS natural. You can't get around the building blocks of nature.

>>19248889
I meant your integers turn me on ;). I wouldn't mind AI, would only be an expression of the singularity if unsabotaged. Still spooked, teach me your ways senpai.
>>
I've recently taken an interest in gnosticism after listening to some of my girlfriend's music which stood out to me, especially this artist Tori Amos...

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/toriamos/fatherlucifer.html
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/toriamos/heyjupiter.html

These lyrics are so cryptic/esoteric but i feel they're related to the subject matter of this thread. Her albums seem to be telling us something.. is she a gnostic?
>>
>>19248928
I didn't do the same thing, you just don't see the difference.
>>
>>19248928
Oh anon... I'm a horrible teacher.
>>
>>19249184
Yes, the concept of natural is just as much of a hinderance as the concept of artificial. When talking about the big thing, the what isn't important anymore. It's all about the IS. Technology is natural. First there was mycelium/mycorrhizae, then there were neural networks, then there was the internet. Feel free to disagree.

>>19249223
I noticed. But doesn't matter anyway. What's important isn't to be teached.
>>
>>19242731
Beautifully put. I self-identify as a Ghostic and this is an interesting interpretation.
>>
>>19245559
Another one who thinks he's winning, especially against a false enemy.
>>
>>19247476
this guy disagrees with you
>http://www.theforbiddenreligion.com/

personally i'd just like the truth :)
>>
>>19243088
I don't know if you're still reading the thread since you posted this over a year ago, but what did you experience there (if anything)? I've heard a lot of legends about Mt. Shasta being religiously important and people having 'breakthroughs' things there but no actual stories or explanations
>>
>>19251330
*over a day ago, not over a year ago
>>
who her have met the archons, raise your paw?
>>
>>19248532
seems like an honest mistake.
>>
>>19251346
Not met one per say, but noticed their influence a lot. I think they can morph in and out of people still unaware of their existence, kinda like how the agents go into people still plugged into the matrix.... Maybe I've just watched to many sci fi movies
>>
>>19251857
Do you think they are good?
>>
>>19251871
No, they try and lead us astray
>>
>>19251881
How to not be lead astray by them?
>>
>>19251888
Be the arbiter of your own truth.
>>
>>19251937
I'll try, I don't know how exactly.
>>
>>19251942
Well you're aware that you don't know how. That's a good first step. Most people can't even get that far.
>>
>>19251947
Kek it will he a journey. Thanks for the help anon
>>
Is demiurge good or bad?
Is demiurge the top of the pyramid?
>>
>>19251346
How do you meet an archon?
>>
>>19251994
I saw them when I overdosed and felt like I died. Then I saw 3 hooded figures looking down on me.
Next thing I knew, It was the next morning
>>
>>19251989
His is the head at the top of the Ziggurat, but for such a thing to be true then that Zigguart would need an infinite number stairs and infinite stairs are UNACCEPTABLE!!!
>>
>>19242731
>Gnosticism
More like re-branded satanism.
>>
>>19251994
They hang out at Gamestops sometimes, if you know any Skinwalkers or Djinn they can also point you towards some of their hangouts.
>>
>>19252003
Except Gnosticism predates Satanism by a millennia.
>>
>>19252003
Archon detected
>>
>>19252003
Only in that both focus on illumination as to the true nature of the existence.

In Gnosticism, Satan (The Demiurge, Samael, Salkas, Yaldabaoth) is the creator God birthed from Sophia, the lowest aspect of the one true God, and created man in his image eventually seeking to suppress us that he and the other Archons (Angels) may feed on our eternal pathos.

In Satanism, Satan (Lucifer, Lucifel) is the light bringer who brings forbidden knowledge and illumination against the wishes of God, encouraging us to embrace the carnal reality of the world around us and typically indulging in hedonistic and heretical behaviors rejecting the promise of an eternal life beyond this one for the sake of making the most of this material existence.

Gnosticism is anti-Archon (reject our material existence)

Satanism is pro-Archon (embrace our material existence)
>>
>>19252049
What's the draw on pathos? Why would archons want to feed on pathos?
>>
>>19252064
why wouldn't they
>>
>>19252067
If I could fabricate reasons, I'd do it as a writing exercise. I'd pile them on until you were sure I was telling the truth. I can't. I fucking can't. Feeding on pathos sounds like feeding on your own farts. It sounds spiritually empty and nonsensical.

So I repeat myself, why would they?
>>
>>19252049
>>19252064
>>19252067
>>19252077
I want to clarify... I'm not just being arbitrarily skeptical... I'm a writer. I want to draw this out because I write fantasy. I need weird spiritual villains as a practical matter. Reasons why an evil spiritual force might feed on suffering are literally worth money to me.

And of course, if there's any chance it's actually true, that's worth more than money.
>>
>>19252089
Your writing a fantasy book based on Gnosticism and archons? I'd buy it.
>>
>>19252099
Nah, I'm not. But I guess maybe I could be. I do like the stories gnostics tell. Can't get enough, don't know where to read more. What is the source material for this stuff? Something called the Pistis Sophia, I think I heard it called? Where could I find a copy, and what's a pistis?
>>
>>19252089
Something to do with pathos being a far more visceral and base emotion/frequency that can be more readily fed upon. It's easier to achieve and produces a greater yield than other emotions or mindstates, plus, as beings incapable of being anything more than what they it's the one emotion that is the most akin to their understanding of self and materialism.
>>
>>19252129
Oh. That's interesting, and kind of sad. It sounds from your description like the archons themselves are suffering in the same way they cause suffering to others. Is there any way we could help them to be something more? Maybe the archons need to find the spark of the divine inside themselves even more than their victims do.
>>
>>19252133
The Archons are inorganic, they cannot hope to be like organic beings such as ourselves.
>>
>>19252164
Well, organic or inorganic, that isn't really important... like... I don't get how it could be. Consciousness matters, not fleshsacks. If they are beings at all, their suffering matters. Nobeing should suffer. Just as we shouldn't suffer at the whims of the archons, so the archons should not be hopelessly condemned to suffering themselves.

If the only emotion that is akin to their understanding of self and materialism is suffering, they also suffer, and that's more awful than what they do to earth. Humans at least have a full expressive range and can experience many things that aren't suffering. Maybe the archons would understand what was so wrong about trapping people in torment if they were themselves capable of more positive states.
>>
>>19252194
The archons are more like programmes than beings, they don't have souls
>>
>>19252049

"Yaldabaoth raped Eve.
She bore two sons.

[Elohim was the name of the first.
Yahweh was the name of the second.
Elohim has a bear’s face.
Yahweh has a cat’s face.
One is righteous;
One is not.
Yahweh is righteous;
Elohim is not.
Yahweh would command fire and wind
Elohim would command water and earth.]

Yaldabaoth deceptively named the two: Cain(Yahweh) and Abel(Elohim)."
The Apocryphon of John makes me shiver. Yahweh (YHWH/ יְהֹוָה/Cain) is the God of the Jews yet it says he's just the spawn of Yaldabaoth raping Eve.

It's all a mind fuck.
>>
>>19252565
Is this actual Gnosticism or Fan Fiction? Because it sounds like Fan Fiction.
>>
>>19242731 (OP) #
The ideas of free will, souls being individualized portions of the one creator seeking to experience and know itself seem identical to what is presented in the law of One/Ra material.
The main message of the series is that all is one. This is the full series
>lawofone.info
>>
>>19242731
Gnosticism is the most edgy religion

>ugh everything sucks, matter is evil
>my life blows, therefore god must have created me and everything else in ignorance and doesn't care about me at all
>>
>>19253225
That's a VERY small amount of Gnostics who believe that, in modern times it's almost entirely limited to semi-literate /fringe/ers who don't believe in reading or following the texts of a religion they claim to follow. See:

>>19243032
>>19243059
>>19243071
>>19243078
and that whole series of batshit insanity. It seems like it's mostly one guy trying to perpetuate the "As long as gnosis is involved you can just LARP and call it Gnosticism" meme but it has definitely caught on to an unfortunate extent.
>>
I experienced gnosis before I knew anything about Gnosticism. I have met the archons face to face. I am still not sure wtf is going on but I am now on a path of enlightenment.
>>
>>19253225
There's a lot of different kinds of Gnosticism. Some Gnostics like Christian Gnostics Valentinus believe in a much more positive viewpoint on the demiurge and matter.
>>
>>19253274
Gnosis existed long before Gnosticism, anyway. 'Tis my belief that it's a nearly universal experience. What do you mean by
> I have met the archons face to face.
?
>>
File: dfa.jpg (32KB, 600x559px) Image search: [Google]
dfa.jpg
32KB, 600x559px
>>19253288
>>
>>19253309
>Gnosis existed long before Gnosticism, anyway. 'Tis my belief that it's a nearly universal experience. What do you mean by
>> I have met the archons face to face.

Quite literally.
>>
>>19253378
In what way? Did you evoke them? Which ones?
>>
>>19253422
I did not evoke them it just happened. There was three and I have no idea which ones as I panicked and severed the connection. Also, a physical manifestation appeared after the experience that I stared at for a few minutes. I kept my eyes fixed on it the whole time and as I turned my bedroom light on it vanished as if it were faster than the light itself.
>>
>>19253448
>. Also, a physical manifestation appeared after the experience

To clarify.. this was not a physical manifestation of an archon. I believe it was some form of technology or remnant of said technology.
>>
>>19253460
How do you know they were Archons? What about the manifestation makes you think it had anything to do with Technology? These things don't exactly have computers and spaceships.
>>
>>19253731
>How do you know they were Archons? What about the manifestation makes you think it had anything to do with Technology? These things don't exactly have computers and spaceships.

After a lot of reading and contemplating this is the conclusion I came to. I had no interest in the occult before this experience. I still consider myself agnostic but my eyes have been opened to possibilities.
>>
File: 18882723.jpg (36KB, 333x431px)
18882723.jpg
36KB, 333x431px
>>19252686
>Yaldabaoth raped Eve.
No it is based on the courtship of Enlil and Ninlil. Enlil seduced Ninlil and "took her" before her time.

For this, he was cast down into the Abyss until he paid penance for his transgression.

Ninlil followed him to the underworld. There they bore several Gods.

>It's all a mind fuck.
It is fairly straight forward once you have spent some time studying the lore.
>>
>>19253798
What specifically about your reading, though? Because it literally could have been any one of thousands of things, from your imagination right on up to Archangels.
>>
>>19253863
>from your imagination right on up to Archangels.
I can guarantee you it was neither of these things... Again.. gnosis is a personal experience and not something that I can just explain to you.
I am a very level headed and erudite individual. I feel confident in my previous statements and I have come to these conclusions from a non biased perspective; again, I literally had no interest in any of this before my experience. I have come to these conclusions through multiple sources and logic and critical thinking. Could I be wrong? Possibly... If I find more information that is contrary to my current conclusions I would take a step back and rethink.
>>
>>19253898
Anon appears to be asking why, of all things, you feel it was an Archon. What have you read that makes you feel it was that, and why have other things you read made you feel that it was not those other things?
>>
>>19253916
This is *EXACTLY* what I was trying to figure out. Thanks anon! Here, have a puff of this reefer as a symbol of my gratitude (passes joint).
>>
File: 18781998.jpg (23KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
18781998.jpg
23KB, 640x480px
>>19253863
>Archangels
>Archons

Please excuse me for my ignorance anon, but what is the distinction between the two?

Are they not the 7 lords of stationed on the firmament?
>>
>>19253916
Descriptions through gnostic texts. It had a very personal description of my experience that is hard to explain in words.
>>
>>19253946
They certainly seem to have the same/similar roles. Maybe "Archon" is just the Gnostic term for "Archangel," and the etymology of the words certainly supports this, but they appear to be different beings. I don't exactly subscribe to Perennialist Philosophy.
>>
>>19253946
>>19253993
And to be quite honest, when I first heard of and read of Perrenialism it struck a chord with me, but as time went on it just didn't jibe with my experiences.
>>
>>19253993
>I don't exactly subscribe to Perennialist Philosophy.
Do you believe that there are 1000's of seperate entitiies that claim godhood and hold dominion over the world? How does that work?

Or do you believe that divinity is a mental construct representing your own inner godhood?

When considering either of those two possibilities, perennialism begins to sound like a reasonable explanation. I will admit that I have not put too much thought into either of those possibilities.

If you subscribe to the idea of the gods being nothing more than mental constructs, then why even bother with tradition or ceremony? Why not make up your own?
>>
>>19254036
No, I believe in the literal existence of spirits, but there certainly seem to be a lot of people who subscribe to the psych model who seem to feel that they get a lot out of it anyway. 1000s of separate entities that have been venerated as gods? Considering the history of the world and the length of time mankind has been around, it doesn't sound too crazy. There certainly do seem to be very many similarities between these things, but there are a lot of similarities between people of various cultures...and I definitely wouldn't assert that those people are all just participating in local interpretations of one universal culture. I cannot say i am absolutely convinced in one direction or the other, but when anthropology directly contradicts Perennialist philosophy, I go with the established academic scholarship over the woo-woo based on personal feelies.
>>
I find Gnosticism very interesting and I find myself reading a lot of Valentinus teachings on it. Especially when he mentions matter and demiurge are not evil. Does anyone else agree with that? Does that contradict the hammadi?
>>
>>19254036
>there are 1000's of seperate entitiies that claim godhood
You don't even need to believe in the paranormal to find them.
>>
File: 1490586082977.jpg (18KB, 260x333px)
1490586082977.jpg
18KB, 260x333px
>>19254073
Anthropology deals with hard physical facts. The spiritual concept of God exists well outside of this precipice.

>1000s of separate entities that have been venerated as gods?
>history of the world.
This does give rise to the concept of inner godhood and/or the psychological model.

>many similarities between these things, but there are a lot of similarities between people of various cultures.
Perhaps because we are all humans and they are all gods?

There are compelling arguments on both sides and I do not really see the point of debating the validity of either philosophy.

>I go with the established academic scholarship over the woo-woo based on personal feelies.

Great! Please uncover more tablets from the ruins of Sumeria. I will continue to practice my woo-woo and feelies with my favorite sky daddy.
>>
>>19254185
Fi'ty, you sound awfully assmad today, for someone such as yourself. Did someone peepee in your cornflakes? I certainly wasn't insulting your religion or your spiritual practices, I just happen to have the incredibly unpopular opinion that believing in and experiencing the supernatural requires throwing all logic, reason, science and scholarship out the window.
>>
>>19254185
>>19254265
Also, what makes you say that the notion of thousands (which is not my number, and I don't have the citations to refute it) of separate entities existing (literally existing, more or less independent of human affairs) that, at some point during the entirety of human history, were worshiped as gods (again, not my assertion and I would personally dispute that every 'spirit' *HAS* been worshiped as a god at some point, but don't have the citations ATM), supports the psych model?

Holy hell I used a lot of parentheses!
>>
File: utu.jpg (15KB, 203x270px) Image search: [Google]
utu.jpg
15KB, 203x270px
>>19254265
>Fi'ty, you sound awfully assmad today,
Not at all my friend! Sorry if I came off that way. I tend to come off as aggressive at times.

>Did someone peepee in your cornflakes?
Actually, things are going quite well.

>I certainly wasn't insulting your religion or your spiritual practices.
I did not take your statement as insult. I took it as an invitation for debate.

Like I said:
>There are compelling arguments on both sides and I do not really see the point of debating the validity of either philosophy.

>I believe in the literal existence of spirits
Do you call upon these spirits when performing divination?

I have had several positive discussions with you in the past and find you to be an interesting individual. I have been meaning to ask you, what are some of your personal beliefs, views on existence, etc?
>>
>>19254384
Glad things are going well! Someone DEFINITELY went peepee in MY cereal when I wasn't looking this morning. I wouldn't have even said anything, but for some odd reason I find myself having come to hold you to a higher standard than everyone else on this Austrian Mustache Waxing Aficionado vBulletin.

I agree with you, I really DON'T actually 100% subscribe to one school or the other, though the Spirit model is my 'working' understanding. it's almost certainly a combination of the both, or at least a combination of Neuropsych/spirit model.
>Do you call upon these spirits when performing divination?
Yes. How do you know who I am? Because of the "Fi'ty"?
Well, I'm an unconventional Thelemite who was raised Methodist Christian, pretty much lost my faith before confirmation, told the pastor and he said it was fine, so I got confirmed anyway, gradually became more and more agnostic until reaching Atheism, practiced LaVeyan satanism for a while on and off and spent the large portion of my life between Atheism and Atheistic Satanism, started studying Hinduism and got interested in Buddhism again for the first time since Highschool, which somehow eventually led me to Thelema. I'm probably leaving a lot out, I'm at work and trying to type in between tasks. Also, if I disappear suddenly it's because I had to leave, so apologies in advance with the intent that we will pick this up tomorrow or at a later date.
>>
File: 25pu6ag.jpg (247KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
25pu6ag.jpg
247KB, 800x450px
>>19254290
>Also, what makes you say that the notion of thousands
The number I gave is hyperbolic and spoken in jest. I believe it brings the existence of external Gods into question.

Because:
-How many separate Gods claim to have created the our world/universe/existence?

-How many flood, cosmic battle, creation epics are there?

Given this purview, is it not logical to conclude that there can only be one creator of "everything". Does this mean that only one culture is correct and rest wrong? That only one God represents the truth? Many would say YES, my god does.

The answer is, I do not know?

I can chart a clear line from Sumerian mysticism to many other practices, complete with historic backing. But what about all the cultures that have no connection to Mesopotamia?

I am not really sure what the answer is. I will leave that to academia.
>>
>>19242731
This picture terrifies me. Whenever I get high I get prophetic visions. One of which stated "God is a programming Matrix"
>>
>>19254444
>Someone DEFINITELY went peepee in MY cereal when I wasn't looking this morning.
Hope it isn't anything too serious!

>Higher standard
I am flattered, anon.

>How do you know who I am?
Hard to explain, but a person like yourself already has that answer.

>Christianity, Thelema, Atheism, Satanism.
You have been through the ringer my friend! I would wager that you have alot of interesting stories to tell.

>I'm at work and trying to type in between tasks.
You and me both.

>if I disappear suddenly it's because I had to leave
Not a problem.
>>
>>19248859
What are the pinecones all about?
>>
File: p.jpg (56KB, 655x432px) Image search: [Google]
p.jpg
56KB, 655x432px
>>19254766
They are nodes on the Ubaid/Sumerian tree of life.

Academia is still busy trying to uncover the meaning behind all the variations of the tree found throughout the ages.

There are some interesting books out there comparing these variations to the later version found in the Kabbalah.
Thread posts: 177
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.