[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Full on atheist here. Tell me how to make sigils. If it works

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1068.png (54KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1068.png
54KB, 1080x1080px
Full on atheist here. Tell me how to make sigils. If it works I'll start believing again.
>>
>>19240249
You make a sigil.

You charge a sigil.

You destroy / bury / forget about a sigil.
>>
>>19240249
lol you don't get your desert before eating your dinner. atheists, I swear..
>>
>>19240251

How do I charge it?
>>
>>19240259
Most /x/tards jack off onto them. I think that's stupid.

Second most popular method is to meditate, which i think is ok.

I prefer to go on a run or something that requires physical effort, keep the sigil and your intent in mind while doing this.
>>
>>19240256

I'll try to believe while I do it. If it fails, I'll abandon my belief.

Kinda like all those times I prayed to god growing up.
>>
>>19240261
/edgy/

i'm an atheist and i make sigils left and right. it's not mutually exclusive.
>>
>>19240260

Honestly, jacking off onto a sigil wouldn't be the wierdest thing I've done, but I'm not gonna do that.

I think I'll meditate or something. If it works, I'll use blood or some shit.
>>
>>19240263
so you practice magic but don't contemplate it's source? interesting..
>>
>>19240269
I know a few people that are atheist but superstitious. Not believing there is a head honcho is not the same as not believing in anything
>>
>>19240269
source is me and my perspective
>>
>I don't believe in God
>Teach me how to magic
I mean... they're not mutually exclusive, I suppose, but if you're also skeptical of magic I'm not entirely sure how you can perform it yourself.
>>
Cam someone enlighten me? Talk to me as if i know nothing about this topic.
>>
>>19240249
>Full on atheist here.
Same here.
>Tell me how to make sigils.
Alright. Let me just start by—
>If it works I'll start believing again.
No, nevermind. Not gonna help.
>>
>>19240458
I will admit it's a bit difficult. I basically try to develop superstitious behavior and magical thinking despite being a skeptical, rational person. I can't always do it and deep down I know I'm just shifting my perspective and not forcing my will upon the world, at least not in any sense that I could have done without magic.

But it's fun and interesting and more motivating than other self help frameworks.
>>
File: 1446890773443.jpg (31KB, 493x495px) Image search: [Google]
1446890773443.jpg
31KB, 493x495px
>>19240249
Sigils are not for those trying to prove or disprove their own disbelief, that is do to their own longing for a connection they can't find through their own nihilism.

Sigils are for those that are deep within magical tradition and already talking to entities from other plains.

Take some light hits of LSD first. Get your life together. Then take increasingly higher doses of LSD, until you start seeing fractals and talking to other entities from other planes.

Then start messing around with Sigils.

Playing with Sigils as a straight edge logical rationalist Atheist is asking for trouble. They are not for you yet.
>>
>>19240858
What? Shut up. Sigils are a good gateway to magic.
>>
File: 1438908112306.jpg (61KB, 465x352px) Image search: [Google]
1438908112306.jpg
61KB, 465x352px
>>19240877

No, you.

If you are an actual mystic and think like a mystic.

If you are so atheistic, that you don't believe in magic in the first place, not so much.

He wants to invoke beings through sigils that he doesn't know the intentions of those beings, or even believe in their power? That could lead to, and will lead to damaging effects. He or she is not even ready for the gateway if he or she is not willing to accept that these beings exist on another level.

There literally dozens of ways to full around with magic, besides invoking entities with amazing powers, that he or she doesn't respect, through using sigils.

Tarot cards would be a better beginning for someone like that. Telling an atheists to mess around with sigils is the magical equivalent of giving a baby a gun. These are keys to encounter beings with their own intentions that are not always the same as the intentions of the magician.
>>
>>19241326
By the OP pic, he's talking about the kind of sigils that you draw yourself to try to get stuff (chaos magic). Supposedly that's different from the summoning types of sigils.

The worst thing that's likely to happen from a chaos magic sigil is a lack of results. That said, I will note to OP that it's best to always have your shielding up just in case some wanker entity passing by decides to mess with you just because it realizes it can.
>>
>>19241326

>Telling an atheist to mess with sigils is the magical equivalent of handing a baby a gun

Time to make my life interesting and fuck with sigils.
>>
Dunno..
Why does it all look like "you have to make yourself believing it really works, and then you'll see it works!"
Like all the supernatural stuff out there.
Take drugs, don't think too much, don't ask questions and just enjoy your trip.

Why there is not one kind of magic that works on sceptics or doubters? Why can;t it ever be checked, but instead you always have to force yourself into believing this shit?

And...
Aside of that... how a drawing can change anything?
Really...
And why sigils are always like those mysterious alien/math/ancient/floral patterns? If it's a drawing that somehow magically is desired outcome, why isn't it ever drawing of X-box, likeness of Marge Simpson or anything like it?
Is seriousness of drawing an important factor?

There is so many questions that can;t have an answer that sceptical person simply can never believe those things. Because all the answers to the OP are "If You won't convince yourself that it works, then it will won't work. So try to do drugs. That usually helps."

This is serious question.. how is believing in this kind of magic any different from any other belief system that each one of you deny?

Just think of any other kind of magic. Horoscopes, Elemental, Arcane, Alchemy, Witchcraft, Talismans.... werewolves, vampires, fairies, leprechauns, pokemons... if you reject any of the ones listed or any other that you know of that i didn't mention, please explain on what basis do you reject it while believing "your" magic.

If it's because "this one works for you" then other kinds of magic work for other people, so it's as real as yours. Isn't it?

Or maybe "Your" magical world is different that "their" magical world because those are separate realms?

In all seriousness, i am here not to mock any of you . I am genuinely interested in finding this out because it boggles my mind how people can pick their own reality while if you look on this from the outside, none of it works.
If you have no answer, i don't mind.
>>
spirits will fuck your life up regardless of anything if that is what they were sent to do, if you pass by their sacred land or a place they were tasked to protect. They rarely attack people randomly unless they want to entertain themselves or maybe play around with you. Depending on the entity.
Anyone who has no means of protection or warding magic can be affected.

So a sigil has no bearing on it at all.
You might be able to use a sigil for warding but I don't know how effective or how much recharging it would take. Might as well stay protected just to live your life on the daily. There's no excuse. Even a potent charm may help. If you have ever seen the movie Braindead, that's how amulets/charms/talismans/wards work. They passively stack the deck in your favor. Especially when it counts, the more potent, the better.
These may keep succubi and some spirits away so be wary when you wand to summon.

oh and also Berserk! has a good take on sigilwork. I love Miura's interpretation of magick.
>>
Okay, what the fuck ever, I actually have a sigils question. This question is for believers only, skeptics can fuck over to another comment because I'm already pretty skeptical.

My question is... Can you draw sigils accidentally?
I used to draw complex semifractal designs in my notebooks. Sometimes this was doodling, sometimes I was paying attention and would cover a page with abstract artwork. When it was a doodle, there was no thought behind it, no force of will. I get that you can't "accidentally" magic, definitely not at that level, so that isn't what I'm asking about.

No, what I'm asking about are the ones where I was paying attention and would sprawl these things over a whole page. I was usually thinking about something emotionally charged when I did that. And then when I finished a page of those, I'd forget about it. Some of them I even burned. Which is spookily like doing the whole magic with the symbol and the charging and the forgetting after. So were those sigils? What would they do?
>>
Neophyte with minor understanding at best answering questions here
>>19241505
>Why there is not one kind of magic that works on sceptics or doubters?
The specific answer varies from what your specific view on magick is. But the general idea is if you don't believe then you expect it to fail so then you're actually willing the spell, or whatever magick you're doing, to fail.
>how a drawing can change anything
According to Chaos Magick it's not technically the sigil that's important, which is why there are different ways to draw sigils and why you can do a mantra instead, what's important is that you get your subconscious to associate something with a desire while your conscious mind does not. Which is why the most common sigil making technique involves using the first letter of every word in your desired results. So you make the subconscious link without consciously thinking about it
>why sigils are always moisturize mysterious alien/math/ancient/floral patterns
Another part of Chaos Magick is trying to get rid of doubt in your magick. Which is normally done by getting yourself wrapped into a mind set where you feel like what you're doing looks or feels right. For example if most people wanted an Xbox and they drew an Xbox for their sigil on some level they'd feel silly because they're just drawing a picture of what they want. But if they make the sigil look like something they perceive as magickal looking then they give the sigil more credibility in their eyes. Chaos Magick argues the same for rituals in ceremonial magick, that it's just there to get you into the right mindset.
>how is believing in this kind of magic why different from any other belief system that each one of you deny.
How is the belief in one God why different from beliefs in other gods? People believe what they want to believe. Personally I believe that reality is subjective and that by believing something you make it real for yourself as long as you truely believe it.
>>
>>19241605
energy without intention, just retention.
like cupping your hands to catch water then releasing it all or just letting it slide through your fingers.
>>
>>19241654
believe in yourself you can do anything! Yadda yadda, I'm to scared to dip into magic again. Sry
>>
>>19240263
>trying something and stopping when you get no result is edgy
Ok.
>>
>>19240858
>LSD is the pathway to magic
Seems legit.
>>
>>19240256
hope no one will fall in this again.. jeez
>>
>>19241665
Thanks for answering that. With that answer in mind, I know what to try if I ever want to experiment with sigils for real.
>>
>>19240249
>start believing again.
If you're an atheist you already believe in magic
science magic
science religion of modern miracles
like mircowave oven
so, worship your fuckin oven
>>
>>19241777
Microwave ovens: Proof that even scientists sometimes agree it all comes down to good vibrations.
>>
>>19240304
This. There is no other source than you because only from your awareness can experience arise.
>>
>>19241326
He's talking about sigils of intention, not goetic sigils, you fucking dumbass.

People like you are the worst. ...self important and doom and gloom. Go get fucked.
>>
File: tmp_3776-7-2011465999.jpg (4MB, 1426x2401px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_3776-7-2011465999.jpg
4MB, 1426x2401px
>>19241448
You may do as you like, anon.
But don't say you weren't warned.
>>
I am sceptic about all this and... well... everything supernatural.
It's not that i don't want to believe that it works, it's just i have never found any evidence that it does.
I really would like to be convinced, but up until now all i heard or read was that i have to convince myself that it works before it will work, and that's a no go for me.
I am willing to risk being eaten by demons, but not willing to use drugs.
What to do, and how to do it, so that i might see any higher power in action doing.. anything? I am not demanding in this matter.
Anything i can confirm with my sceptical eyes.
>>
>>19240249
Read Agrippa and Autstin Osman Spare. The autists on here will tell you all kinds of stupid shit, but the best thing to do is get grounded in sigils and their history from actual texts.

Also, it's kinda strange that you equate sigils with a belief in God. That doesn't really seem to be how they work. hypothetically, a sigil working is not evidence of a god. Nor is literal magic working evidence of a god.
>>
>>19240858
You're pretty goddamn retarded anon. It sounds like you had a predisposition for mental illness, triggered it with acid, and now consider yourself a magician.
~t. Practicing Occultist
>>
>>19241666
Literally Satan
>>
>>19240249
Will this work for pop tarts?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.