[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depersonalization/Derealization

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3440.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3440.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I am suffering DP since almost 10 years now. It started in my puberty (Age ~13) and since then it become worse every year.

I tried several anti's such as Escitalopram, Risperidon, Zeldox... Nothing worked well, especially Risperidon, which turned me into a living zombie.

The most curious and absurd answer im my case is smoking weed. I've done it approx. 20 times and it always helped for like a few hours, almost feeling like getting in a new level of thoughts and curing the bluriness out of my mind.

I once read that native tribes desired the state of DP like it was a surperior state of your own existence.

What do you think about that? Do you suffered the same as I do?
>>
>>19239636
I've experienced this on anti-Ds before and I can't see how it would be a desired state of mind. Sorry for your troubles with it anon. If smoking weed helps I suggest you experiment more with that. Sincerely hope you can find a comfortable headspace. Best of luck...
>>
>>19239636
Weed makes it worse long term at lest for me
>>
Weed will stop working if you abuse it
>>
Thanks for that, but it's unfortunately not easy as that.

I suffer a permanent state, therefore I would have to abuse it like crazy.
If you add that idea to our moving world and its society which wants results in your education and you to be productive... things get complicated.

I'm studying biology currenty and my examens are a few weeks ahead. Therefore its likely impossible to go for it.
>>
>>19239636
I got Denationalization from smoking weed in the first place.
>>
>>19239674

Fighting the fire with fire. Its that paradoxon which is nearly unbelievable.
>>
I've dealt with drug induced depersonalization, for long periods, like years, and I would suggest a few things:
Exercise, like routine intense exercise.
Fix your diet and sleep issues, if needed.
Go to the doc and get bloodwork done, check your testosterone levels.
Antidepressants always made me feel worse, more flat and apathetic, but after my doctor let me try adhd meds, I found some relief. I no longer use adhd meds, but I do use a low dose of modafinil daily, which has helped me out alot, and there is actually some studies on modafinil helping people with depersonalization, Google modafinil for depersonalization.
Quit all your vices, if you smoke, drink, over eat, ect. Let your mind and body slowly begin the process of healing.

Sorry if this isn't much help, just adding what has helped me personally.

Goodluck!
>>
>>19239636
>I've been suffering DP for years
Kek
>>
>>19239691

That latenight english tho'
>>
>>19239668
>>19239669

Had a 3 days in a row once - felt like a vegetable afterwards. Guessing that too much dopamin etc. isn't that good of an idea
>>
>>19239685

Quitted smoking 1 year ago. At first it was a relief but afterwards I started to miss those brainstorms while smoking a cig and getting loose of this world
>>
>>19239710

But thank you. Every little bit of a helping advice is maybe the first of 1000 steps for the solution.
>>
File: IMG_1203.jpg (530KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1203.jpg
530KB, 2592x1936px
>>19239636
>>
>>19239636
Drink whiskey alone, very slowly, while meditating. If you drink enough to mess with your memory, you took it way too far, and I regret misleading you. Getting drunk is not at all the objective. Making your body slowly transition to a different state and feeling it as it does, that is the objective. Alcohol is a solvent. Drunk people stink because alcohol soaks through even to their pores. You can feel it everywhere if you're attentive. At the very least, you should be able to feel your skin flushing.

It's a new sensation for you to try. Perhaps it will help you feel contained within your own skin.
>>
>>19239636
Medication cannot help with dissociative disorders. Medication is literally designed to do the exact opposite of heal and fully integrate your mind.

You have shit to work through and it's the only way you're gonna heal.
>>
You have to go back to the root. What changed 13 years ago (Or earlier leading up to it)? What was your emotional state or what emotion is most recurring with this disorder?
If you constantly feel like your outside of your reality, why dont you want to be there? Why don't you want to be here on this planet?
Is this something new or was it always apart of you since childhood?

Just the symptoms aren't enough. If the root isn't treated, the weed just grows back. Reflect and think carefully for the true healing to occur.
>>
>>19239636
Stop doing drugs, do professional therapy sessions with a qualified doctor since there is no cure but talking about it with a professional does help, do at least 30 min. of cardio (cycling, running, swimming or walking) and 30 min. with weights a day for a week (arms day, chest day, back day, legs day, etc.) then step it up to an hour for each respectively.
>>
I know it sounds like memery, but one of the easiest things you can begin doing is to make sure you are always fully hydrated. I drink water even if I don't feel thirsty, so that my urine is totally clear, which often puts me over the recommended target of 8 8oz glasses per day. Just give it a try, I was really surprised the difference it made. Easier to focus or stay grounded, and less cloudy and lethargic.

Routine deep breathing exercises is another thing that has had an unexpectedly strong positive impact on me, especially if you are having symptoms of anxiety as well.

Like others have said, proper physical activity, diet, meditation, and sleep schedule go a long way to help too. Use moderation or abstention with drugs and alcohol (I suck at this). I know its the most normie advice ever, and hard to maintain for a lot of people, but it seems to help me, even if just placebo. Oh, chronic stress is terrible too and can literally alter the way your brain works, maybe leading to these symptoms. Again, much easier said than done, but try to relax as much as possible.

I agree that therapy is a good idea, at least for now, especially if theres some trauma that needs addressed Find someone youre comfortable around, perhaps with a long term goal of not needing it anymore, including the antipsychotics / antidepressants. I agree with the other anon, they made me feel hollow, especially risperdol as well (I couldnt climax while taking it, what the fuck, why live)

I'm considering using ginko, as its being looked into as an aide in Alzheimers and other cognitive disorders. Nothing conclusive, but Ive heard people describe it as helping feel more aware, less light headed, etc. Same with ginseng, but for focus without feeling jittery or hyper. I've never heard of the suggested modafinil, but I agree, check it out. Obviously, be careful with anything you introduce to your body.

Hope this helps. Living kinda sucks, but small steps of improvement are nice
>>
>>19239636
NOTHING IS REAL ACCEPT IT
>>
>>19239636
I wonder if this is the same thing I feel but never took the time to look it up, or read much about it. I always thought I was weird and that there was no classification for it.

Aside from a quick Google, I'm not sure if it applies. Does it make it feel weird interacting with other people, almost like something just doesn't quite feel right. It's hard for me to put into words. It happens to me a lot if I spend time alone, or am tired or hungry.
>>
File: 1498399878861.jpg (77KB, 625x616px) Image search: [Google]
1498399878861.jpg
77KB, 625x616px
>>19242001

For me, when my dissociation was at its worst (was on Respiridon) everything felt hollowed out in feeling if that makes sense. I can remember talking to people, but the sound always felt more muffled and and I would space out pretty hard. I would get these intense feeling of seeing myself from third person (think over the shoulder video games) watching myself live life.

Isolation, lack of sleep, lack of real social contact, and a shitty diet in conjunction are great ways to get some dissociation going after a month. Or DXM.
>>
>>19242016
That picture though. Being a total neet makes me feel like this. I look in the mirror and see a handsome guy. It's as if I appear normal and healthy.
>>
>>19242061
Even though on the inside I feel differently.
>>
>>19242061
>>19242064

It's an absurd feeling realizing that's the body your consciousness exists in.
>>
>>19239636
Stop using drugs. It seems like they are helping, but you have a psychotic personality structure and that can make you develop a even more serious mental illness. Also do fucking therapy. Meds alone won't do shit for you.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.