[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where Do I start building supernatural beliefs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (192KB, 1200x999px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192KB, 1200x999px
I was reading about Physicist's theories on the creation of the universe and realized materialism goes full retard ontologically, but since we exist and materialism falls apart trying to explain it, there must be something beyond materialism that brought us here.
Now that was a big step of logic for me and I was ready to immediately tack on other cool things that don't need to be inspected by materialism like afterlives and ghosts etc, but I slowed down.
I think a god (in the sense of something unbound by our universe) created everything, but I don't know where to go from there. It might be inhuman or doesn't care/notice people, and there still might not be an afterlife. The Christian God makes no sense to me (though any God probably wouldn't) but I don't know enough about any of them really.
>>
>>19239490

Read shit that's relevant to your interests. I suggest looking in to Daoism as a starting point, however, that's my bias as it makes the most sense to me. To find what tickles your fancy, I'd also suggest taking a crack at Secret Teachings of All Ages by Manly P Hall.
>>
>>19239514
This. Start with the philosophy of ancient Greece and the Mysteries. Creation myths do not make sense because they are meant to be allegorical and not taken literally. That book will encourage you to see them in a new light.
>>
>>19239521
I'll look into them; my issue wasn't with creation myths but creation "science" as presented by materialists
>>
Electric Universe Theory

Connection between Gravity and Magnetism

Daoism Science

Astro Theology

Magnetic Cardiography
>>
>>19239514
Good stuff. Also, read Conversations With God Book 1 by Neal Donald Walsch. It may be an actual conversation with god, or it may be his imagination, but the insights are astounding and provide a new take on many of the reasons why people mistrust or instinctively shy away from god-based religions; judgement, the Commandments, what god 'wants' of us, etc.
>>
>>19239490
The Secret Teachings of All Ages is a good summary of ancient philosophies. Read it--you might realize many of the most fundamental concepts of our modern world have been built upon the belief that the supernatural exists alongside the scientific. It's a manner of perception.

Always look to eastern philosophies in their telling of the cycles of life and forces such as karma and unity. The more things you read after that, the more you'll realize A LOT of things pop up in A LOT of different places.

Baby steps!
>>
>>19239959
realize a lot of common*** things (and themes) pop up in a lot of places.
>>
>>19239966
Not only in ancient times but modern as well. The Mysteries have survived and of all places present day initiates flaunt it openly (but veiled behind symbolism) in social media.
>>
>>19239979
I didn't want to tag all of the posts, but thanks for the responses! I'll definitely give those a look.

One thing holding me back from the supernatural is the lack of abundant proof, if that makes sense. Demon summoning should be a genre of YouTube video if it is as easy and direct as it is told to be here.
>>
>>19239490
I think you'd like Rene Girard and Peter Rollins. They deal with Christianity, but a lot of what they talk about is good and useful generally. Personally I really connect with the Greeks and I find their thoughts on gods useful, but I don't believe they're beings as we think of beings.
>>
>>19239490
>I don't know where to go from there.
This is because you don't know where you've gone.

If you want answers, you'll need to stop giving them names.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.