[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is /x/ a parody board?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: Load_image_mysticism.png (115KB, 242x349px) Image search: [Google]
Load_image_mysticism.png
115KB, 242x349px
truthfully i have only been browsing this board for a few days and I can't figure it out. is this whole board a joke or do you people actually believe in the supernatural? I don't mean to offend anyone by asking this because im sure anyone who does believe in this stuff has reasons for doing so but it just seems strange that some of these threads are clearly taking the piss while others seem to be deadly serious.
>>
>>19238819
I wouldn't say "believe" but a lot of us like to discuss it.
>>
>>19238819

Trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls. There are a few serious people around that want to better themselves and fellow men, but the majority is half-educated jerkasses and outright trolls coming here to shitpost and stroke their ego so they don't have to face the emptiness and corruption of their existence.

Readas: There are flecks of gold in this overflowing septic tank if you care enough to look, otherwise it's best to just avoid paying attention to the ungodly morass.
>>
>>19238819
You gotta weed through the bullshit.
>>
are there any serious books on this subject that youd recommend?
>>
>>19238819
Do you belong to a religion, anon? Or are you strictly a Postivist Materialist Atheist? Because one thing we see a lot is people saying things like "haha you believe in ghosts and magic you're so stupid," but then it turns out they have been believing supernatural things their whole lives, only they think that's ok and normal because it's what *THEY* believe, but when people believe in supernatural things that they weren't personally raised and indoctrinated to believe in, they think it's silly and ridiculous. Without ever even seeing the irony.
>>
>>19238819
I was just talking about this with some friends

/x/ used to be a place to share creepy stories and talk about the occult, with the occassional fake-but-entertaining thread, actual discussion about believing or not in magic, aliens, monsters, etc

eventually it got flooded by underages and retards that post shit about tulpas, summoning succubi, flat earth, and retarded, obvious roleplaying

to answer your question: it's not supposed to be a parody board, but it has become a joke
>>
>>19238839
We'll you'd probably need to be more specific. If you're looking for shit like vampires you're just feeding an illusion.
>>
>>19238842
I honestly don't know what I believe. I change my mind more or less every day.
>>
>>19238839

Depends on what you're wanting to learn about, but if you're interested in the occult, Secret Teachings of All Ages by Manly P Hall. Gets a little woo, but ti covers a broad variety of things to help you understand what it is you have an affinity/predilection for
>>
>>19238839
The Secret Teachings of All Ages by Manly P Hall. This book will change the way you view mythology, philosophy, magic, alchemy, and more. There is a lot of mystery left in the world.
>>
>>19238861
We'll you're belief is important here. Belief is realitive and that's what makes shit work/real for you.
>>
>>19238864
I agree.
>>
>>19238851
nothing as far as that but more things like pentagrams and witchcraft etc. were people who practiced that just wasting their time?
>>
>>19238880
They must have been getting something out of it for it to have lasted SO goddamn long, that's for certain. I'll bet ya at some point back in the day a caveman stuck a hot stick up his ass, but we don't have any record of it, or longstanding tradition of shoving hot sticks up our ass, because there was nothing to gain and much to lose from it. Pardon the silly example, but you get my point I think.
>>
>>19238880
No they weren't, I made the post on belief. When you believe in witchcraft 100% you'll see it work for you. None of those beliefs are wrong and none are right
>>
thanks gents. some interesting stuff here. either that or I'm being trolled hard but if that's the case sobeit. I'll read the book if I can find it
>>
>>19238916
As a regular of this board, you are most likely NOT being trolled. I know I was sincere. Of course, that's exactly what a troll would say, but you will see for yourself soon enough, if you poke around, that we aren't bullshitting you.
>>
>>19238819
It was a good place. A bastion of real paranormal, myths, & legends.

Now it's a bunch of kids who don't know anything and roleplay.

It's a joke now. Any real or serious thread is always deluged and ruined by retarded children
>>
>>19238941
How long have you been here exactly? Not that you would lie on the internet, of course. Also, how old are you? Because most of the time, people making statements such as yours are not only relatively new, but more often than not in violation of global rule #1
>>
>>19238916
Same here. That's a great book and I recommend it often. We just happened to both respond at the same time. I wouldn't have posted if I saw the earlier response. Learning the symbolism is crucial to interpreting the esoteric meaning of the works influenced by the Mysteries and later organizations such as Masonry and the Rosicrucians.
>>
>>19238916

libgen is your friend for finding things. There's a library link in this thread with the Secret Teachings~ (Beginners folder) and many others: >>19236049

Be warned however, that the majority of people who frequent those threads are pretentious elitist shitlords, half-educated trolls, and outright trolls, which brings it back around to flecks of gold in the septic tank.
>>
>>19238819
Like nine years ago people took it seriously and then /b/ got spammed/ddosed for like a week straight and everybody from /b/ relocated to /x/ and it's been a shit show ever since.

But also the whole site is in decline because in 2008 a kid literally guessed Sarah Palin's yahoo security questions and posted her login info on /b/ and moot had to testify at the trial in 2010 and pressure from that coupled with cp on /b/ led him to turn over moderation of /b/ to the FBI. Then shortly before he sold the site when people allegedly cyberbullied an alleged tumblr user to allegedly commit suicide, moot switched up the rules to some orwellian shit and required all site staff to sign strict contracts or be replaced. iirc /pol/ started a false flag campaign shortly afterward promoting cuckoldry and interracial on every board in an effort to further their agenda by making all the site users perceive the fake problems they perceive, but it just invited a bunch of actual cucks onto the site because pic. Then moot sold the site to a dataminer. Factor in the general increase in exposure of the site and the internet as a whole and that's why /x/ sucks.

The only way this post won't get deleted is if I say "This post will get deleted" because then deleting the post would confirm it as blacklisted info.
>>
>>19239149
Also I think we still have a DMCA form from the fappening?
>>
File: 1442031233841.gif (780KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1442031233841.gif
780KB, 500x281px
You don't seem to understand OP
>>
>>19238819
I think most of us believe in the supernatural, but not in most of the shit that gets posted here
>>
>>19238819

/x/ just has a suuuuuuper suuuuper super low IQ.

98% of the people who have some sort of interest in the esoteric here, they're mentally ill, have personal issues, are messed up individuals, they want some kind of a shortcut or (literal) magic bullet solution.

a lot of them realize that they need help but, being retarded, seek help in the opposite of places worth seeking help in.

and of course there are some people who just larp here for amusement.
>>
I have been browsing x on and off for about 10 years. I don't go on many boards but /x/ is one of the worst. Its fair to say that peak 'internet mystery' has long gone. Tulpa threads etc do not help.
>>
>>19238833
Quality dubs with a true message.
Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.
>>
>>19238819
I have no clue, but this is my go to board when I'm stoned.
>>
I'm on the fence; I've experienced things I can't explain, so I'm pretty open-minded either way.

The made up stories are fun too.
>>
OP here again. lmao at how slowly this board moves. this book is difficult to understand to say the least.
>>
>>19239854
It's more encyclopedic in nature because of the scope it covers. The aim is to make the reader fluent in symbolism so that they can grasp esoteric concepts within ancient texts written by the initiates of the Mysteries. It seems like an odd collection of topics but there is a method to the order and the book should be read in its entirety.
>>
>>19239159
A shame you seemed an honest man.
>>
>>19238819
No, it's a containment board for all the schizos.
>>
>>19238953
/x/ really did used to be much better.
>>
>>19239968
>>19239159
PRESENT DAY
PRESENT TIME

HA HA
>>
>>19238819
>strange that some of these threads are clearly taking the piss while others seem to be deadly serious
Diversity... Is strange?
>>
>>19238819
The key to understanding this goes like this... Nobody can stop you from posting anything here.
Nobody can really punish you for whatever you post. The fact that the community is capable of holding a topic AT ALL attests to underlying INTEREST. However, it MAY OR MAY NOT attest to underlying SINCERITY, which fluctuates independently of interest.

People are drawn to the paranormal for one of two basic reasons: Extreme honesty, and extreme dishonesty. Extremely honest people congregate in paranormal spaces because they saw something weird happen and weren't able to deceive themselves about it. An object floated across the room in clear lighting, they got a sense of deja vu that went so far into actual precognition they actually pre-empted something happening in their environments, the ghost of their dearly departed father came for a chat in the living room. Normal people exposed to these things - that is, people who are neither extremely honest nor extremely dishonest - will simply lie to themselves rather than try to carry off a story that would make other people call them liars. Normal people consider the social cost of being thought a liar to be more severe than the moral cost of actually lying, so they lie to cover up paranormal events. Extremely honest people will be honest even when honesty gets them called liars - so they go right ahead and talk about seeing impossible things.

I'm not quite sure why extremely dishonest people flock to places like this. AFAIK they generally do not GET these experiences. At all. Sometimes they even whine about it. My guess as to why they show up is so that they can learn more about how to fake being extremely honest, the better to defraud people in their own lives.
>>
>>19238819
depends
some people believe
some people troll
some people just have a genuine interest in things like astrology or spirituality but don't necessarily believe

oh and there's the larpers
>>
Some genuinely engage in serious research and debate
Some are just teens here for HURR SUCCUBUS TULPA MANDELA-EFFECT DURR
A third are bored edgy roleplayers trying to get attention
>>
>>19240569
>to be better conmen
My ex-neighbor pulled that shit. That is *exactly* why they come here. Also to snag new victims, if they can find a way to profit off it.
>>
>>19240569
I can explain why mystics always have to say people need to figure it out for themselves. It's because extreme honesty looks very similar to extreme dishonesty. A society that is ready to accept the truth when the truth is simply handed to it, is a society that is ready to accept many things other than just the truth. That isn't the right path.

It is not sinful to reject the messengers of god. It is correct and worthy to reject the messengers of god. For the truth is like the sunrise! Whether it is heard or ignored, truth happens every day without fail. We may wrestle righteously with angels, for they that are true will defeat us every time.

You have to work it out for yourself, because if you believe every lying faggot who comes along, you'll only get truth by accident, and you won't know it when you do.

(There are two earthly "spiritual" paths. On the first, you are entirely honest, and everyone thinks you are lying. On the second, you are entirely dishonest, and everyone worships you.)
>>
>>19238819
I'm intentionally facetious in threads for conspiracies I do not believe.
>>
There's some legit stuff, but you do have to sift out the bullshit.
>>
I grew up dealing with paranormal events. My friends and family have as well. I post here off and on to give legit advice based on my experiences. As many posters have already stated that there are sincere people such as myself that try to initiate active and fair discussion about paranormal activity and offer skeptics a chance to use logic,reason and science to explain these events that millions of people have every year. You are a in-between person who is not entirely sure of whats out there yet. Please be willing to be open minded and accept that although we can explain alot. We still do not have all the answers.
>>
>>19238819
I just come here for the mind fucks. I love reading about people's alternate views of reality and trying to get in their head and believe what they believe. Even for just a while. Shit feels mind expanding.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.