[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone created their own magical system? I like the idea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: CHh5RVeWIAA0-Ax.jpg (74KB, 600x660px) Image search: [Google]
CHh5RVeWIAA0-Ax.jpg
74KB, 600x660px
Has anyone created their own magical system?

I like the idea of planetary hours, but the planets don't really mean anything to me, so I was thinking of compiling a similar cycle and substituting in things that do mean things to me - animals, maybe colors, I don't know.

Maybe come up with my own cosmology instead of the goetic demons too
>>
>>19235576
>Has anyone created their own magical system?
Spent years of high school and college working on one.

I didn't much care for the fact that the four elements hot/cold wet/dry wheel doesn't match up to the compass alignments. Seemed idiotic to me that water would touch fire. Also was fiddling around with a "magical language" linking sounds to specific elements, and words that held meanings by what sounds/elements comprised them. Never got far though.

Was all for a fantasy world anyway.
>>
>>19235576
>what is chaos magic?
>>
>>19235814
>I didn't much care for the fact that the four elements hot/cold wet/dry wheel doesn't match up to the compass alignments
That's because the compass alignments you're thinking of (north=earth, south=fire, east=air, west=water) are based on astrology, and not the physical properties of the four elements.

Basically you're mistaking the map and the territory here.
>>
>>19235814
>I didn't much care for the fact that the four elements hot/cold wet/dry wheel doesn't match up to the compass alignments. Seemed idiotic to me that water would touch fire.
You should look into British traditional witchcraft, then. In Cornish craft, fire and water are east and west, and air and earth are north and south.
>>
>>19235814
Music sounds like a good spot, maybe including pitches or keys, genres, or instruments in a correspondence table.
>>
>>19235982
Astrology is such bullshit.
>>19236002
That's more or less how I had it set up.
>>
>>19235814
I asked in a dream once what element I was attuned with. I was like 'air or fire right?'. The spirit replied that it was water, but water and fire are the same thing when neither have yet to manifest. All the elements are just a different expression of the same energy.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.