[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this good advice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: MONTALK IS GOOD.png (159KB, 764x744px) Image search: [Google]
MONTALK IS GOOD.png
159KB, 764x744px
Is this good advice?
>>
File: MathGenius.png (44KB, 407x425px) Image search: [Google]
MathGenius.png
44KB, 407x425px
>>19234286
Everything you need to know about Atkinson.
>>
>>19234286
no
>>
>>19234313
If I wanted to learn math I'll pick up a math book. But as an newfag looking to learn about hermetics and magic?
>>
>>19234346
>But as an newfag looking to learn about hermetics and magic?
From a guy who fails at basic math and contradicts himself all in a single paragraph?
>>
File: A0K.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
A0K.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>19234286

No, it's beyond crap-tier even for non-initiatory purposes. If you want a well-rounded understanding of magic, read the following:

Tao Te Ching
Zhuangzi
Lieh Tzu
Xing Yi Nei Gong
Falun Gong
Gurdjieff's 48 Exercises
Psychic Self Defense
The Doctrine of Awakening
Visual Magick
Kali Kaula
Practical Taoism
Secret Teachings of All Ages
Introduction to Magic
Revolt Against the Modern World
Ride the Tiger
A New Model of the Universe
Prometheus Rising
Low Magick
Corpus Hermeticum
Emerald Tablets of Thoth
Beelzebub's Tales To His Grandson
The Fourth Way
Nag Hammadi
Astral Dynamics
Burst of Breath
Euclid's Window
Chicken Qabalah
Awakening Ground
Sefer Yetzirah
One Year Manual
Book 4 Part 1 - Mysticism
Book 4 Part 2 - Magick
Book 4 Part 3 - Magick in Theory and Practice
Book 4 Part 4 - The Law
All Thelemic Grade A Materials
All Thelemic Grade B Materials
The Complete Golden Dawn System of Magic
Three Books of Occult Philosophy
The Psychick Bible
Liber Null
Condensed Chaos
Book of Lies
Book of Thoth
78 Degrees of Wisdom
The Way of the Crucible
Real Alchemy
Prime Chaos
Liber Kaos
The Remainder of All Thelemic Materials
>>
>>19234383
Tbh I want a basic bitch understanding of magic. A hand full of books that explains the basics concepts, so I'll be able to judge whether or not to 'invest' more time into it from there.
>>
>>19234409

Not gonna happen, this isn't primary school where a few books will teach you what you need to know. Make the call and either take up the calling or don't. I will say this much, based on your attitude you should just pretend it doesn't exist because you'll just be out of your depth and missing the point of the Great Work if you're not willing to study and practice without "testing the waters".
>>
>>19234430
... and that's not what I asked.

So he wrote some lines that got some math wrong, and there's more advanced stuff out there. Those are not reasons not to read the books on the list to start with.
>>
>>19234409
Ophiel's Art and Practice of the Occult is a decent intro. I recommend Manly P. Hall's "The Secret Teachings of All Ages." You won't get very far if you don't understand the symbolism. This book shows the underlying principles and gives you the background to go farther.
>>
>>19234503
Thank you. I'll look into those books too.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.