[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your take on it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: root.jpg (10KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
root.jpg
10KB, 224x225px
Would god still accept us even though we practice teachings for reaching enlightenment/higher state of existence to be able to live in better union with the world and honour his creations even though they are all based on pagan beliefs which were made to defy him?
>>
>>19233782
The Creator cares shit about religions.
>>
Also up for discussions around all of this. Just because this is my take on the whole history and development does not mean I am right.

It is just what i have come to believe after researching
>>
>>19233785
He did not seem to like the created pagan religions though...
>>
>>19233782
The highest state of existence is being in union with God, that is the highest state of spiritual enlightenment anon

The enlightenment of Advaita Vedanta and the Buddhists is merging into the impersonal Brahman effulgence, the impersonal aspect of God. Above this impersonal manifestation exists the Paramatman, which is the actual personality of God. Those who have attained this perfection are able to see Krishna, the personality of God, firsthand and interact and play with him. That is to say liberation goes hand in hand with realizing God.
>>
>>19233842
Thanks for the answer.

It is just kind of backwards to practice something which was made to defy god to be able to live in union with him
>>
>>19233782
He is intelligent(loosely defined) , right? So, wouldn't an intelligent creator expect His creation to be as intelligent as Himself? After all, we all are created in His image. That includes intelligence, too.
>>
>>19233851
I do agree.
The only problem i have is reaching this intelligence with teachings which were practiced to empower oneself and defy god
>>
>>19233848
Practices like yoga and meditation were not made to defy God, they were originally established to bring the soul closer to God. One cannot reach God through blind faith like many believe today, but one has to work to improve his spiritual platform so that he may understand God first.
>>
>>19233881
I do not believe in blind faith either.

But from my understanding, all these practices made to "bring the soul closer to god" came from the people not wanting to follow gods word and empower oneself instead.
Again this is just my understanding, especially after looking into babylon
>>
>>19233782
>Would god still accept us even though we practice science?

Fixed that for ya. And no, science is the work of the devil according to the book of enoch when the fallens angels tooky pity on man and taught him the arts.
>>
>>19233916
Agree with you.

But I do not believe that god wants blind faith but rather "union and love with thy neighbor" or similiar.
Now if we used those arts for the purpose of serving god and living peacefully, would that still be good.
The more i ask myself the more stupid it seems, but I am just in denial i guess.
>>
>>19233897
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by empowering oneself. If you mean trying to understand reality without God and elevate yourself spiritually, then that is viewed as an intermediate step in realizing God. Even the Buddhists who do not accept a God accept the existence of the impersonal aspect of God, calling it Buddha-Nature instead. So even if you may see it as self-empowering, it is simply a step towards servicing God.

If you mean self-empowering is an egotistic manner however, trying to achieve materialistic means from spiritual practice, such people are deluded.

>>19233916
The process of science is necessary for spiritual progression, as blind faith achieves no real understanding of a matter. Materialistic sciences however are largely worthless, and one should instead focus on spiritual sciences.
>>
>>19233939
From what i have heard, even the buddha himself has talked about an all-mighty creator god.

Would you expand on the "impersonal aspect of God", I do not think i understand what you mean.

From my understanding, the self-empowering practices to elevate oneself spiritually were created for becoming god oneself to not follow gods word anymore
>>
>>19233969
The impersonal Brahman, or simply Brahman is a transcendent principle that pervades the entire universe. It is described as Sat-cit-ānanda, or truth-consciousness-bliss. You must be conscious of an event before an event can exist, so consciousness, or Brahman, is established as the leading principle. When you attain enlightment by way of Brahman as the Buddha did and as athiest philosophers do, you enter into the state of Turiya or Buddha-Nature which consists of pure consciousness.

God however, is Para Brahman, superior to that of the impersonal Brahman

>created for becoming god oneself to not follow gods word anymore
Anyone who claims this is under maya, or illusion. If it were possible to elevate oneself to the position of God then he would not need liberation in the first place, as such would imply God could come under illusion.
>>
>>19234070
Interesting. Thank you for the answer.

May i ask what exact teachings/practices of meditation/yoga/others you follow?

I planned on studying the hatha yoga pradipika and qi gong as they seem rather pure (in terms of their roots and their practices) practices.
>>
>>19233782
if you mean the abrahamic God, then no, his word seems pretty black and white, and trying to reach "enlightenment" is basically going completely against his teachings
>>
>>19234167
I guess it is just difficult to give up on all desire except the desire to live when we have so much to be explored in our world.
It just feels like blind faith and it just does not feel right
>>
>>19233782
>pagan beliefs which were made to defy [god]
you do know Paganism precedes the Abrahamic religions by thousands of years, right?
>>
>>19234293
I also started with that belief. After reading about babylon i adopted the belief that, as stated, the pagan/polytheistic beliefs were created to defy god
>>
>>19233782
https://youtu.be/jARp24AJWLk
>>
>>19234116
I practice bhakti yoga as laid out in the Bhagavad Gita and chant japa, higher than that of karma yoga and jnana yoga. Hatha yoga is very good for physical health but slow to yield spiritual results.
>>
>>19233797
human sacrifice was weird to him probably.
from a creators perspective i wouldnt blame god if he didnt see this coming, hence his apprehension is speaking to us directly too frequently
>>
>>19233782

God doesn't give a fuck. We got free will because he wanted us to have it, if you can do it, God's cool with it. If something is literally impossible, then God is not cool with it. Simple as that.
>>
>>19234390
Thanks. I will look into these.
I just still feel skeptical towards it since a lot of the deities seem to be based on the old gods of babylon/mesopotamia which from my understand were basically just their ancestors they praised instead of god.
>>
>>19234397
Agree.

What exactly do you mean by: he is "afraid" to speak to us too frequently?
Sorry if i misunderstood your statement
>>
>>19234398

Not true, obviously you can do things that have harmful consequences, that is essentially what God doesn't want you to do. Natural law is from God and it's immutable, and we do have free will to be destructive
>>
>>19234390
Could you link me to the Bhagavad Gita that you are using? I find many different versions who do not seem to have the same content
>>
>>19234390
Would also be interested in a timetable if you are willing to share
>>
If I were God, I think I'd only want to speak to societies that were willing to... Oh, god. It's so hard. I don't think I would care anything about the details of the society I was speaking to, as long as there were some way I could avoid empowering con artists when I spoke. But I can't imagine how even omnipotence could achieve that without violating free will, and maybe God can't either.
>>
>>19233916
>>19233916
Thomas Aquinas is the father of science
Fuck off, the science field can be plagued with demons but science itself is divine.
"And truth shall set you free"
>>
>>19234526
I highly recommend the "As It Is" translation by Prabhupada. You can find it free online in many places.

>>19234612
My routine has been thrown off lately but the ideal is waking up at 4 AM and chanting japa for 16 rounds, this is the core practice for me. On top of these there's additional rounds of japa, controlled breath meditation, diety meditation, and reading of scriptures throughout the day.

The reason for waking up at 4 is because it's the Brahmamuhurtha, a time of Sattvic influence where the mind is most calm and spiritual practice most effective.
>>
>>19233782
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth [l]in unrighteousness, because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures.

Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them. For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>19233782

When God speaks to man, it would be harmful to his spirit to think of his human self and identity.

Just as it would be harmful to the emotions and souls of loved ones to abandon them in the eye of activity and phenomena. Claiming full domination of the same shared existence. As a God in his own right, this is of sinful account.

But to cherish absolutely the hum of God's word and the silent moment of true mediation is of divine nature. When his mind is of no sound of mundane human strife, it is a gift of the lord's grace....

Something which to many man pray vainly for though soldem given.

Amongst the astral planes of the mind lay demon plenty, thus meditation without the intention of the fathers love is dangerous indeed. It is typical of buddisht practice to encounter such vile evil sires. Entering into this aspect of being leaves thine soul ripe for satan's harvest so be weary and breath with the fathers will soley
>>
>>19236394
Are you some sort of scribe?
>>
>>19236394
You miss the gem in buddhism in favor of your fantastical delusions of demons. Buddha was the best teacher of the mind of god I ever knew.
>>
>>19233933
Witchcraft is punishable by an eternity in hell. This includes divination practices like palmistry and tarot readings. There are different beliefs depending on the branch of protestantism that you adhere to, but in the Russian Orthodoxy there's a tale of a group of angels that came from heaven on a mission, but they ended up wedding some women and sticking around for the banter and favor that they received from the people. One in particular is singled out as culpable for teaching humans things like divination, weapon-making and make-up wearing. He's dealt with by Rafael, who casts him into the dudadel for his rebellion until the day of judgement, where his followers are swallowed by him and he's destroyed.

>>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azazel#Latin_Bible
>>
>>19234070
Krsna's body is sac cid ananda, not bramhan. Realization of Bhagavan sri krishna is also higher than the all pervasive paramatma.
>>
>>19233782
God is teaching us to reach further. He gave us limitless paths. Just delve into "it"
>>
>>19236456
I think palmistry is overblown and superstitious if you believe on that level. I found it useful to study my palm, and recreate it in my mind like a mental excersize. How could looking at my hand be anything but natural? How is the methods of nature any different than the methods of spirit? I divine messages from spirits sometimes. They are always helpful life advices or telling me something interesting. It seems to me all interaction in the spirit world is personal and of infinite value. How do you suppose you could carry out a spiritual mission, if you had no contact with the spirit world?
>>
>>19236438
What bestows an man feverish existence?
>>
>>19233868
I disagree. God would be someone who is above intelligence. The very abstract concept is created by him, only man has become aware of said concept.

After all, the true creator created all things. The rest would be derivatives of his creation's handy work.

As such, I would argue, that no, we do not possess the same intelligence.
>>
>>19234306
youre a silly person
>>
>>19234070
>Anyone who claims this is under maya, or illusion. If it were possible to elevate oneself to the position of God then he would not need liberation in the first place, as such would imply God could come under illusion.

Damn, that's absolutely true.
>>
>>19236881
How so?

I have nothing against discussion. This is just the conclusion i have come to.
These people did not listen to god anymore and instead started viewing their ancestors as more important as god and worship them
>>
>>19236394
Very interesting.

I would like to hear your take on how one should live based on your understanding
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.