[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We are all but one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: ManInTheMirror.jpg (80KB, 640x421px) Image search: [Google]
ManInTheMirror.jpg
80KB, 640x421px
If reincarnation was real, does that mean that if i die, I could become the grandson/daughter of my old self? and if so, does that mean that I, somehow, interacted with myself in the future? And that all the people that have lived in this world for the past 20,000 years are me, interacting with myself?
>>
Nah man you could die (shot by a desperate Somali gigolo).

Time & Space BTFO.

Wake up as baby.

Live Very very different life.

Make bad decisions

End up hooking for cracker pimp.

Make more bad decisions.

End up shooting an innocent man for his wallet so your pimp wont disapprove.
>>
you got me thinking
>>
>>19232862
Everything is the "Self". There is nothing but the "Self".

But its not you, who reincarnates, its the Self.
>>
File: Bhava.jpg (43KB, 220x300px) Image search: [Google]
Bhava.jpg
43KB, 220x300px
The Tibetan book of the dead is a good read.
Can be a bit heavy and religious but with an open mind it's clear the account gives is what a Tibetan buddhist might experience. Anyone else with different frames of reference could have a totally different experience but within the framework of Karma.
Best part about the Bardo Thodol is that it doesnt deal with transmigration, its all inside (Or 'all one' like post subject)
It accounts for space and time being non-issues after dying and the only judgement is the one your consciousness does unto yourself.

Book literally changed my life.
>>
>>19232862
This is actually something I think about a lot. That every human experience is essentially acted out by a single simultaneous 'you,' but separated through the different perspectives one is consciously experiencing.

It really gets you thinking about how people treat each other.
>>
>>19232862
>If reincarnation was real, does that mean that if i die, I could become the grandson/daughter of my old self?
If they're born after you died, sure.
>and if so, does that mean that I, somehow, interacted with myself in the future?
No, because you couldn't be reborn until you died.
>>
>>19232862
I mean it's possible, nothing says that your soul, or whatever it is that reincarnates, is attached to our concept of time or space.

Which brings up another question, if you die, could you be reborn as another form of intelligent life?

I mean, if aay lmaos actually exist, could you reincarnate as one of them?
>>
>>19232862
Bingo

Time and space are so irrelevant once you've died. You'll even reincarnate back into this same life eventually.
>>
>>19233125
You're me in your body. I'm you in my body. Fuckin' A, right?
>>
>>19232879
bumping with Leonard Cohen reading TBD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOs8s5zTGnA&t=2410s
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.