[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aoikigahara

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 16

File: a1.jpg (366KB, 1399x785px) Image search: [Google]
a1.jpg
366KB, 1399x785px
A few weeks ago I visited Aoikigahara Forest while I was in Japan since it's always been high on my bucket list of spooky places to visit. I'm just going to give a general rundown of what it was like. Feel free to share your own experiences or thoughts about Aoikigahara or whatever.

For those who don't know:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aokigahara
>>
File: a2.jpg (290KB, 1398x784px) Image search: [Google]
a2.jpg
290KB, 1398x784px
For the most part the forest looks quite benign. I was surprised by how cold it was but I guess that's to be expected with Fuji being so close and still partially covered in snow. I didn't see any animals at first but I could hear a few birds off in the distance. That probably sounds like a really pointless detail but I've been to many forests and this felt the least "inhabited."

I'm sure the name "sea of trees" was just given because of there being so many trees, but since one of the few sounds in the forest was the wind going through the trees I couldn't help but think it sounded like waves on a beach.
>>
File: a3.jpg (331KB, 1406x786px) Image search: [Google]
a3.jpg
331KB, 1406x786px
Again, this is just a general picture of what the forest looked like.
>>
File: a4.jpg (288KB, 1402x789px) Image search: [Google]
a4.jpg
288KB, 1402x789px
I came across a perfectly fine looking trail that was blocked off and had a "do not enter sign" on it. So naturally I entered to see what the trail led to.

After walking a bit I got a little scare when I saw this tarp and thought I might've come across some kind of park rangers or something. Fortunately, the camp seemed pretty lifeless. I saw two shapes beyond the tarp and got a little concerned they were hobos camping out, so I called out "sumimasen" in a not-so-loud voice but I didn't hear any responses. I really didn't get the impression that anything was alive as there were no movements or sounds or anything.
>>
I heard some people set up camp to sulk and think over their decision before they go deeper into the forest to kill themselves.

In this case it was probably just hobos! Lol but yeah, i think creepy to think about though.
>>
Get any bad vibes? I mean, with all of the suicides, I imagine there must be some kind of draining energy throughout. Also thank you for sharing, I find the forest fascinating. I'd love to visit.
>>
File: a5.jpg (218KB, 1401x783px) Image search: [Google]
a5.jpg
218KB, 1401x783px
I went as far as the fallen tree under the tarp, but the orange and green shapes beyond didn't look like empty sleeping bags or rolled tarps. They looked like they had something in them. I was going to step over the tree and investigate them but at this point in time I got a really really strong instinct to get out. My gut told me that if I crossed that fallen tree something, and I don't know what, but something bad would happen. Now maybe I'm a pussy, but as someone who has been on /x/ for almost 10 years I've seen my share of NOPE stories and creepypastas, and the most consistent advice I've heard for travelers is to listen to your instincts. In this case, I listened.

This is the last pic I took before I turned around and retraced my steps back to the trail's entrance.
>>
Aoikigahara Forrest could make for such a great horror setting, and yes I know it's already been done lots of times, but there's never been a GOOD movie set there.

I wouldn't make it about spooky ghosts like others. What it should be about is how the weird atmosphere of the Forrest can over power you and seduce you into suicide. Make it more subtle in that vein.

Just my thoughts I guess.
>>
File: a6.jpg (280KB, 1399x785px) Image search: [Google]
a6.jpg
280KB, 1399x785px
I sort of took my time staying on trails and going off trails. But all the little roots and nooks in the volcanic rock started to look alike so it didn't feel like there was too much to see deep down. What was kind of funny regarding the trails is that almost all the signs inside the forest were broken.

>>19230050
Hobos, rubbish, some sort of setup for a japanese gameshow ambush, I dunno. I just bailed when my gut told me to.

>>19230051
My energy was already drained from having a Japanese cold. In terms of atmosphere the forest just seemed really really quiet.
>>
File: a7.jpg (328KB, 1397x787px) Image search: [Google]
a7.jpg
328KB, 1397x787px
Another broken sign.

This got kind of frustrating because all the maps they give you are super general and don't mention how many side trails there are. I ran into half a dozen forking trails with broken signs and I had to guess which way led to where I generally wanted to go. Once I even accidentally got led to a road and had to backtrack for 20 minutes.
>>
>>19230056
Lurking /x/ for 10 years should have taught you to go investigate. Lol
>>
File: a8.jpg (373KB, 1401x788px) Image search: [Google]
a8.jpg
373KB, 1401x788px
There were some nice places to just sit and take a lunch break. I had a few onigiris on hand since they sell them everywhere.
>>
File: a9.jpg (332KB, 1402x790px) Image search: [Google]
a9.jpg
332KB, 1402x790px
I saw a few random things littered about like tarps or liquor bottles.

When I got towards the edge of the forest I did run into a huge boar (I think). At first I thought it was a young deer by how tall it was, but it was black and had a flag boar face. We kind of had a staring contest for like 2 minutes but when I moved to get out my phone to take a picture the damn thing ran off.
>>
File: a10.jpg (227KB, 1401x784px) Image search: [Google]
a10.jpg
227KB, 1401x784px
I decided to exit the forest at Saiko Yacho-no-Mori Park. I only spent 3 hours walking around but that was enough for me.
>>
>>19230056
Man fuck you. Getting murdered by a hobo or eaten by an ancient demon is a more interesting death than a heart attack.

Besides. That fear was a test. And you failed.
>>
Is there any movie/anime about Aoikigahara? Just got really interested on it now.
>>
File: a11.jpg (179KB, 1405x789px) Image search: [Google]
a11.jpg
179KB, 1405x789px
I took another pic facing the forest and got the best shot of Fuji I could.

I have a short list that I copied from another anon on how to get to Aoikigahara, but I added to the end so you have a more logical walking path that doesn't require walking on the roads or backtracking.

1) Go to Shinjuku bus terminal and get ticket for a bus ride to Kawaguchiko Station (you'll have to reserve tickets in advance because they usually sell out the day of). My ticket was 3500 yen for a round trip.
2) Once you're at Kawaguchiko Station, go inside and get a ticket for the Green Line Retro Bus (it will be 1200 yen for two days).
3) Ride the bus for about 40 minutes until you reach Fugaku Fuketsu (Wind Cave). OR take the blue line and ride it until you reach Narusawa Hyoketsu (Ice Cave). From there you will find the entrance to Aokigahara. If you start at the Ice Cave you can walk to the Wind Cave and from there walk through the forest proper.

There are some beautiful spots to look at Mount Fuji as well. I just rode the bus until I got to a spot with a good view and then pushed my button to have the bus stop so i could get off.
>>
>>19230199
There are a handful of failed American movies taking place in Aoikigahara. There are no anime set there but it makes a few sporadic appearances.

Seems to generally be a sensitive topic with Japs as they look down on dark tourism and don't want people to associate negative things with the forest.
>>
>>19230085
>>19230109
I wonder if the feelings the japs have towards suicide have anythign to do with that. It's probably hard to get people to agree to be park rangers there, since you're almost guaranteed to either see suicide victims or at least talk to people who are likely contemplating suicide on a daily basis. I think it would be a super comfy job, but I also have a feeling that dealing with that sort of pessimistic negativity would eat away at me slowly as the years went on. Maybe the Japs are just hoping eventually Aoikigahara closes permanently and stops being kept up with. The trails are reclaimed by nature, and it stops being a mecca for the depressed and hopeless masses.

I would love to go one day and do some exploring. I would love to go to Japan but I also hate big cities so doing a road trip up the coast or to small towns in the country sounds amazing. OP, is camping at this forrest allowed at all? I was under the impression that you're not allowed to camp there at all. I think it'd be fun to sleep there a few days and just explore, maybe meet some people you wouldn't otherwise talk to.
>>
>>19230056
Thread over.
>>
Nice pictures. Do you think the broken signs are a tourist trap?
>>
>>19229968
>is camping at this forrest allowed at all?

Not OP, living in Japan.

Camping in forests in Japan, much less this one, is nearly nonexistent. I've tried in vain to find a spot, literally anywhere in in Kanto. No dice. The way campsites work here is everyone has tents packed into one area, or basically camp next to their cars in a car-camping-parking lot.

There are a verrrry few forests here and there that allow campers, but it's not the setup you're probably expecting (you get assigned a small cleaning with a number and a fire pit, maybe electrical hookup if you're a pussy).

For all the masturbation Japanese do about their natural scenery, they generally don't get too intimate with it. Big letdown.
>>
one of the few good threads on /x/, probably because it feels like /out/ - thanks for sharing, OP.
>>
File: Immagine.jpg (45KB, 392x336px) Image search: [Google]
Immagine.jpg
45KB, 392x336px
it's happening...

22-9-33-52-35-11-24

IRIDIAL FACTORY

I must, they told
>>
>>19231775
The other anon is right, they directly prohibit camping in Aoikigahara. They question you as you're buying bus passes in Kawaguchiko why you're there and what you want to do, so I'm sure if you had a huge backpack with supplies it would be a giveaway.

Now if you rented a car and just drove there I'm sure you could do it yourself and not run into any problems, but it's not the kind of place I'd want to stay overnight. I don't say this because it seems scary but because it was the most lifeless forest I've ever been to. There were no deer roaming through the park, no sunny glades, nor beautiful views or clearings inside. Just an endless windy expanse with a lot of crevices and crags.

>>19232807
To be honest they signs looks like they're deliberately broken rather than just rotting off. Like some lunatic just decided to take a bat to all of them. Some signs looked like others had attempted to put the pieces together in a way that travelers could still see where to go, which was helpful.
>>
>>19232892
>Kanto

You are a shit Pokémon trainer, Ash.
How long has it been? 15 years, and how many Pokémon have you caught? Like 12?

You know why Misty left your dead ass and now fucks with Gary?
Because you're a loser. You are a failure, Ash!

You are such a disappointment, your mom kicked you out to go on your little "adventure" so she could get her pussy pounded by Prof. Oak, only for the sole purpose of her thinking "Oak is dense wood".

Oh, by the way, the tarps in the woods?
Well, we know where butterfree went, you fucking cuck.
>>
I came to Japan from Canada in order to kill myself, I wanted to die a beautiful death before the coming political shitstorm, so as not to live through the horror of WW3, however, when I saw just how beautiful the forest was, I decided to live there, I am fluent in Japanese, and very good at innawoods survivalism, so I built myself a house in the forest, and it's been paradise ever since, I've got a lot of money in bitcoins, the money in my account keeps increasing itself, and I live off a fraction of that, so I can easily afford anything I need in the surrounding populated areas, I haven't been caught yet, if I am, I will likely be deported, however, I have successfully encountered some prospective suicides, and successfully convinced themselves to keep living, also offering them guidance on how to improve their lives, I've become attached to some of them, particularly the young men who come there (no homo), I'm considering keeping an eye on them by having them live with me in the forest, fouding a sort of village, however, I also see the downsides to this idea, if I do this, the normie-aligned authorities will definitely notice us, deport me, and royally fuck up the lives of everyone else who lives there, but if there was some way of doing it without getting noticed, I would.

No one has caught me yet, it's very easy to hide here, I move about in case one of the people I saved tells anyone enough information to allow them to find me, the guys that come here, from the middle aged burnouts to the young men living in a world that hates them, I love them as my brothers, how could I not? they ARE me, if we could just unite, we could build the misogynist nationalist ancap utopia that would put Galt's Gulch to shame in terms of prosperity.
>>
>>19234319
You're such a homo.
>>
>>19230056
Noped by ghoul vibe.
>>
>>19230056
tarp and sleeping bags are clean with not even fallen leaves on them. Thats somebodys stuff and they are probably still using it. Why the fuck would you "investigate"??

Nice to be camping with the gf when fucks like you are creeping around.
>>
I've watched videos on YT of people exploring the Forest. Pretty spooky, camps with shot just lying there and nobody around. The park rangers go through regularly and remove the bodies. The trails marked off limits are to try and discourage people from suduku buy that's your best bet in finding the suicide camps. Just watching the yt vids I can feel that forest. It's Def /x/ tier.
>>
>>19234411
Camping is illegal in Aoikigahara and anyone camping there should be on the lookout constantly.
>>
>>19230056
Looks like those limbs on the ground make an arrow...
>>
>>19230177
Great pic
>>
>>19234319
Rp pls leave.
>>
>>19229968
Are you allowed to go hiking there at night with ghost stuff?
>>
>>19230204
Oh wow. That is a beautiful shot, OP.
>>
>>19229968
>Uninhabited

I started googling around in Japanese to find the actual closing time if the park (no avail, but lots of cheap guided tours), but along the way discovered a lot of information on bats from the two caves. My guess might be that competition with an enormous bat population may have driven other animals away.

The caves look amazing though, might check them out when I'm in the neighborhood. I don't really have any interest in the forest itself.
>>
>>19237389
No. I can't find it, but I bet you six packs of natto that are if they catch you after sundown you get asked to leave. Idk if they patrol at night anyway though, so go for it if you wanna risk having to speak Japanese with someone with authority.
>>
>>19237635
If I was a ranger there I would probably tell whoever my boss it to go fuck themselves if they wanted me to roam around at the dead of night while potentially being surrounded by mentally unstable people with weapons
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (42KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
42KB, 480x360px
>>19237635
Mmmmmm. Nattoohhh. As long as it's the full-beans version and not the inferior diced-beans version.
>>
>>19237670
Guns aren't really thing here so I don't think it's a threat. Suicidal people are rarely violent anyway, especially when Japanese.

That being said, I get the impression that you the people who hang around trying to decide whether to do it or not spend more than a day there, so maybe it is possible to get by in the woods unnoticed.
>>
>>19237711
PDR>9999(PDS)
>>
>>19230157
>staring contest with a boar
You do not enjoy life, don't you?
>>
File: a12.jpg (106KB, 1394x783px) Image search: [Google]
a12.jpg
106KB, 1394x783px
>>19237630
Yeah the caves were great. Although the Ice Cave is really hard on the legs if you've been walking 8 hours a day. It's a vertical cave you have to climb down into.

This is from the Ice Cave.
>>
>>19230056
Suicide camp?
>>
File: 1498722781292.jpg (21KB, 427x617px) Image search: [Google]
1498722781292.jpg
21KB, 427x617px
>>19236575
Dude it really does

>tfw OP could have followed the arrow and either got murdered or stumbled upon suicide victims.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.