[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/x/ tell me what you think God is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

/x/ tell me what you think God is
>>
>>19229402
In the begging was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
>>
>>19229402
Gay, like you.
>>
We cannot prove nor disprove the existence of a non-physical deity (though I find it more reasonable for there to be more than one metaphysical deity).

One can argue that each individual is him or herself god, because you are you alone are able to access the deepest parts of your mind that allow you to gain insights that apply to yourself.
>>
>>19229402
All that is.

"What about this thing?"

Yes, this too.

"But that thing contradicts this thing."

Yes, that too.
>>
File: ALL IS ONE IS ALL.jpg (7KB, 236x226px) Image search: [Google]
ALL IS ONE IS ALL.jpg
7KB, 236x226px
>>
>>19229406
Language is the house of Being.
>>
>>19229402
a cosmic horror
>>
>>19229436
Consciousness is the Original Sin.
>>
>>19229402
Everything
>>
>>19229419
God is more than all that is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panentheism
>>
>>19229402

A man-made fabrication based off of faulty logic designed to explain shit we didn't understand.

Men saw themselves, and every other animal, being created by a father / mother combo, so they reasoned that everything else must have been created by a kind of "father / mother" combo as well, but since they had obvious creative powers that differed from men, they had to be more powerful than men, hence "gods". From there it's just a slow addition of how many "gods" actually exists, what type of "god" they are, where they exist, and what they do.

It's all fabrication based on ignorance, and this ignorance will plague us forever.
>>
File: yoda using the force.jpg (169KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
yoda using the force.jpg
169KB, 1024x576px
>>19229402
Cosmic consciousness.

>>19229419
>>19229431
Works for me.

>>19229445
You can't be more than all there is, because that must therefore be, and therefore be included in "all there is."

"The Universe" refers to all of existence. If you go beyond what exists, then you merely extend the limits of existence.
>>
>>19229483
>You can't be more than all there is
YOU can't. God is.
You are limited. God is unlimited.
>>
>>19229438
With a terrible sense of humor
>>
>>19229402
Yahweh. God of the Talmud, the Quran, probably... and the Bible. The 3 main most popular and controversial religions of the entire planet earth judging by science statistics faith and the fact that i am enlightened etc. i also have an opinion. i also have talked to god directly. It is Yahweh.
>>
>>19229490
If God is everything, then God has no purpose.
>>
The creator, who's both an asshole and a cool guy for creating us and the universe
>>
>>19229511
Of course God has no purpose. Purpose implies something or someone else's use. Any god with a purpose is no God at all. You have a purpose. A butter-passing machine has a purpose. God has no purpose.
>>
Is good morality "moral" because the Gods deem it as such, or do the Gods deem it as such because it is good?
>>
File: tmp_28628-images(6)1587753015.jpg (17KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_28628-images(6)1587753015.jpg
17KB, 229x220px
>>19229490
Beyond all that is, is all that isn't. A set of existence which is defined by its limitation of the otherwise infinite existence. Thus what is beyond God is finite existence, which in that state of being conceives of its starting place (God) as an ultimate, unlimited existence once again.
>>
>>19229614
>Thus what is beyond God is finite existence

There is no beyond God. God is unlimited. Finite existence is within God, as is infinite existence, and non-existence.
>>
>>19229402
It is the least human thing possible. An entity projected forth by every human to ever live, and yet exceeding that boundary. To be clearer, It is like the sum of all human will, but also something outside of that. And that's what makes it scary. God is "like" the soul (if such a thing really exists) where the mankind is like the body. The soul is something alien to the body and the individual. You cannot feel your soul, and yet it moves you. It's the same with God. The christian's say it loves them, but that is only true as much as it is true that you or me love an individual hair on our skin. At one time, it may seem so, but in the next, that hair might be mercilessly torn out at our whim.
>>
>>19229543
They're one and the same. the good is self-justifying
>>
File: IMG_5182.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5182.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
Everything in this picture and then some
>>
>>19229716
good answer
>>
>>19229402
Good. God is good.

>>19229483
Nah. God is not bound by anything.
>>
>>19229402
I believe that god is the infinite and the void. The infinite being all there is, and the void being chaos/darkness/other things common to god origin stories.

I believe other gods exist, but these are more the tiny fractions we can comprehend of god as opposed to deities in their own right. The god above all that I focus on is more of a force of nature and not exactly conscious in the same way we are.
>>
>>19229406
The begging cunt?
>>
>>19229505
This
>>
>>19229402
Another enlightened soul.
>>
>>19229402
Reason given a personality.
>>
>>19229402
God is Nothing. There is only one Nothing, there cannot be two Nothings
>>
>>19229402

YahWeh is an angelic being

I can't prove it, and my idea of him changes every day almost

I thought he was a Djinn, but Im being proved wrong about that .

what you would do if you had the power of a genii to do whatever you want?

take over the world and form it to your liking obviously.

whatever this unknowable shape or form is, I worship it and pray to it because it has given me things I never could have achieved on my own

sorry about the direct plagiarism

Friedrich Delitzsch brought into notice three tablets, of the age of the first dynasty of Babylon, in which he read the names of Ya- a'-ve-ilu, Ya-ve-ilu, and Ya-u-um-ilu ("Yahweh is God"), and which he regarded as conclusive proof that Yahweh was known in Babylonia before 2000 B.C.; he was a god of the Semitic invaders in the second wave of migration, who were, according to Winckler and Delitzsch, of North Semitic stock (Canaanites, in the linguistic sense).

We should thus have in the tablets evidence of the worship of Yahweh among the Western Semites at a time long before the rise of Israel. The reading of the names is, however, extremely uncertain, not to say improbable, and the far-reaching inferences drawn from them carry no conviction.

In a tablet attributed to the 14th century B.C. which Sellin found in the course of his excavations at Tell Ta'annuk (the city Taanach of the O.T.) a name occurs which may be read Ahi-Yawi (equivalent to Hebrew Ahijah);[58] if the reading be correct, this would show that Yahweh was worshipped in Central Palestine before the Israelite conquest. Genesis 14:17 describes a meeting between Melchizedek the king/priest of Salem and Abaraham. Both these pre-conquest figures are described as worshipping the same Most High God later identified as Yahweh.
>>
>>19229402
Love
>>
We are all part of god, because god seperated himself into us. God is simply all. All is god. When jesus said "I am the son of god" He meant that in the beginning we all are one with god, and as we die, we are one with god again.
>>
File: HAGANEREMAimg017.jpg (42KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
HAGANEREMAimg017.jpg
42KB, 704x396px
>>19229402
A collective of personified ideals who is everpresent and has varying purposes upon that which it faces.
To me, it serves as a reminder to prevent humans from destroying themselves or those around them whenever they play God.
>>
>>19229460
We need comfort more than we need explanations.

Who cares how everything works in the background, as long as it feels good. As long as it stops the fear.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.