[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tga/ - the greentext archive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 13

http://greentextarchive.org/

The website is now live and ready for images; however, it is still under construction. The Greentext Archive is a project that aims to create a singular archive, or storage for all greentexts, ever.
We believe that preservation of these works is essential for internet culture.
Our goal is to make it easy for someone to search a greentext and find it, through tagged, titled and descriptive posts.

We are looking for:
>user to post images
>moderators to read, tag, and properly provide descriptions for images
>>
I can probably dump a few of the more obscure ones, gimme a sec.
>>
File: Lights in Ohio.png (481KB, 1260x1848px) Image search: [Google]
Lights in Ohio.png
481KB, 1260x1848px
>>
File: Dogs Don't Talk.png (588KB, 1387x4321px) Image search: [Google]
Dogs Don't Talk.png
588KB, 1387x4321px
One of my favorites.
>>
File: Camping in the Corn.png (122KB, 778x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Camping in the Corn.png
122KB, 778x1040px
>>
File: Crawlspace.png (3MB, 1647x2609px) Image search: [Google]
Crawlspace.png
3MB, 1647x2609px
>>
File: BALOOP.png (2MB, 1251x1900px) Image search: [Google]
BALOOP.png
2MB, 1251x1900px
>OP capped his own thread
That doesn't really change the quality of the greentext.
>>
File: Lord of the Flies.jpg (391KB, 1143x1842px) Image search: [Google]
Lord of the Flies.jpg
391KB, 1143x1842px
Alright, this is my last one.
>>
I know some of those weren't very obscure, but whatever, I think that was all of my collection.
>>
>>19229146
This could be pretty cool if you get some more submitions. You should probably post this to a few more boards, unless you were looking to make this /x/ exclusive.
>>
File: 1498682361691.png (128KB, 1571x638px) Image search: [Google]
1498682361691.png
128KB, 1571x638px
>>19229146
Oh whatever im gonna dump
>>
>>19229265
That is what I am wondering. I have a 4chan folder full of over 900 assorted screencaps, but a lot aren't /x/ related. I guess I could sort through and find more obscure ones.
>>
>>19229265
I believe the plan is it for the include greentexts from across the website, but I'm not sure yet.
>>
It certainly needs more tags. Hard to find something by subject if the options are "4chan" and "story"
>>
>>19229312
The site just went live yesterday. We're still in the process of uploading.

>>19229265
The answer is that yes stories from other boards can be uploaded but they have to be tagged with that board's url letter.
>>
>>19229146

This site is a godsend, now I just have to sort out my several gibabytes of internet junk to find my greentext.
>>
>>19229377
Same here, I've saved have several thousand files, split across three devices, that need to get sorted through.
>>
>>19229377
:)
>>
I visited the site, and I hope it does exactly what you want OP.

It's kinda tough to navigate, when I clicked for a random gt, it reloaded the same two gts... and make uploading easier. I wanna contribute, but I have a job/wife/kids. Been on zee chan for 10 years now and have some good contiboots.
>>
>>19231143
not OP but I am the developer. please post suggestions in the thread for it. we read all replies and are working very hard on making the website better
>>
File: 1496602675839.jpg (208KB, 510x624px) Image search: [Google]
1496602675839.jpg
208KB, 510x624px
awesome idea. A "random" button in the top right would be nice... could easily get lost reading for a while
>>
>>19229146
When you say "all greentexts ever" does that mean from other boards too?
Or are you just wanting /x/ stuff right now.
>>
>>19231516
there's a random button on the sidebar
>>
File: greentext-random.png (588KB, 1892x868px) Image search: [Google]
greentext-random.png
588KB, 1892x868px
>>19231595
like this
>>
File: nope1.png (43KB, 1284x520px) Image search: [Google]
nope1.png
43KB, 1284x520px
The only disturbing thing I've read here.
>>
File: greys.jpg (15KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
greys.jpg
15KB, 590x350px
okay /x/ i dont post here alot but here is my tale of the encounters iv had with a pair of greys. i remember telling it in another thread a couple months back but it wasnt very in depth so ill green text it here. please keep in mind that all of these events have unfolded within a year and a bit

first contact:
>16 years old
>living in british columbia canada
>live in the suburbs like a normal 16 year old would
>aliens have always interested me my whole life
>had an intense fear of aliens right up until i was 13
>climbing into bed one friday evening
>start to doze off
>having a sweet dream about fighting communists in the 80s when i start to hear a really intensive tv static sound inside my brain
>i wake up and its still there but its quieter when i am awake
>a second later there are two greys in my room, one stands at about 7'3 and the other about 7 feet tall
>one begins to use my computer and gets past my 3 password locks with ease, while the other is going through my closet
> the other in my closet begins to take stuff out and inspect it handing it to the shorter one.
>all the while this is happening i cant move, even my ribs have trouble moving when i breath.
>the static is fading away but i can hear them speaking in my head not to me but to eachother
>cant understand them
>the shorter one walks over to me and prods my upper bicep and lower tricep along with my chest above my heart
>they then converse with each other a bit and leave
>can feel an intense vibration as they leave
>seconds later i pass out and wake up at 4pm in the after noon
>>
fuck i made a reply i ment to make a post, feck stand by guys. this is ment to be a seperate post >>19232137
>>
>>19229146
I hope you're making them searchable under their most commonly known name or an easy to remember relevant name. Like Ghostpuncher, The White Man, Maine Taxi Guy, The Gorp, Squalor Holler, for example. At least so we all know what to look for when discussing them.
>>
>>19231516
Artist name?
>>
>>19231627
will work on it
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (82KB, 739x291px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
82KB, 739x291px
>>19232208
should be already done anon. their common names are in the tags, so if you search them, you should be able to find your greentext.
>>
Not really creepy, more coincidental
>Visit some friends
>I'm a bit depressed after bad things done, kinda want to disappear
>Stay the weekend, planned to leave in the afternoon so I could look in some stores.
>End up being too tired and leaving in the morning
>Article today reported a crash with several injured during the afternoon, in an area I intended to go to

I'd link the article, but it might cover my identity as I know some people lurking on this site.
I guess the gods -almost- blessed me with death today.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.